• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon.co.jp releases result of "Best Boxart-Pokémon"-Survey

Garou

Source: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokemonvote2011/result_final/

15. Venusaur
j852j.jpg

14. Blastoise
faRUe.jpg

13. Palkia
oLV3G.jpg

12. Ho-oh
HbCGg.jpg

11. Dialga
GECVN.jpg

10. Lugia
UFWGu.jpg

9. Kyogre
VfVhW.jpg

8. Zekrom
avCx4.jpg

7. Charizard
7rM38.jpg

6. Groudon
zVBtD.jpg

5. Suicune
CZCCi.jpg

4. Giratina
lY7e1.jpg

3. Reshiram
s0A3e.jpg

2. Pikachu
VmRTe.jpg

1. Rayquaza
JsM33.jpg

How is it possible for Pikachu to lose any sort of Pokémon popularity-contest?

Edit: Additionally will the Pokémon that reached No. 1 be given away for free to owners of Black & White, could that have influenced the result? Do people want to play with Rayquaza that much?

Edit 2: The Rayquaza that will be given away to everyone will be Lv. 100 and know "V-create". Is that good? Bad? Broken?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Pokemon has pretty bad box arts. The Soul Silver / Heart Gold look less bad because of how vibrant the colours look. I think most Pokemon designs are pretty lame :p

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Terrible, terrible taste.

Reshiram over Zekrom?

whatthefuckisthisshitpicard.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wow the Yellow American boxart was so much better.

jUjAN.jpg

Blue lightning man... blue lightning. Also, Pikach got Kirby'd.

Rapstah

I am surprised that Crystal placed that high. I could tell that was bad box art back in 2001 and I was like eleven.

Gravijah

huh, good taste japans.

Pokemon has pretty bad box arts. The Soul Silver / Heart Gold look less bad because of how vibrant the colours look. I think most Pokemon designs are pretty lame :p

SHHHHHHHHHHHH~

edit: also, is it best pokemon that happen to be on boxarts, or best boxart?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Origin Giratina and Reshiram above Lugia, Blastoise, Suicune, Venusaur, and Kyogre?

Seriously, Japan?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
They should go back to putting the starters on the box. The legendaries are so overdesigned.

baekshi

Banned
Care to elaborate why? I have to admit my Pokémon-knowledge ends around Gold/Silver.

You can only get Rayquaza in Ruby/ Sapphire / Emerald. All GBA Games., unless you had all games from there, you can't have it.

am I right?

Garou

Basically when you go up a generation the legendaries from the previous generations become v. difficult to obtain.

But you could import from the GBA-games to Black/White if you owned both, right? So it's not like a "first" to have that one on Black/White?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
But you could import from the GBA-games to Black/White if you owned both, right? So it's not like a "first" to have that one on Black/White?

No, you had to import them into D/P/Pt/Hg/Ss first. GBA to B/W was not possible.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
DSi and DSi XL don't have GBA slots. Lots of people have DSis and DSi XLs.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
While I feel Zekrom looks better than Reshiram, in terms of box art, white on black looks much slicker than black on white in this instance.

Top Bottom