• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

neo2046
BUDDHA AND JESUS
ROLLED INTO ONE
(01-20-2012, 05:32 PM)
neo2046's Avatar
the dummy box says it supports Nintendo Network and DLC are needed to pay

http://twitter.com/#!/joshua_x_/stat...45260759859200


>‎※3 追加コンテンツは有料サービスとなります。
PhoReal
Member
(01-20-2012, 05:34 PM)
PhoReal's Avatar
I thought Fire Emblem was the first?
tsab
Member
(01-20-2012, 05:34 PM)
tsab's Avatar
fuuuuuuu-
you know S-E are going to DLC-Milk it... :(
electroplankton
Banned
(01-20-2012, 05:35 PM)
electroplankton's Avatar
Nice boxart
friskykillface
Member
(01-20-2012, 05:35 PM)
friskykillface's Avatar
Bleh now kingdom hearts 3D will have it :(

Yeah I thought fire emblem was the first?
Mpl90
Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
(01-20-2012, 05:35 PM)
Mpl90's Avatar
We already knew about DLC in Theatrhythm, but the Nintendo Network logo is something new.
DXB-KNIGHT
Member
(01-20-2012, 05:36 PM)
DXB-KNIGHT's Avatar
Nintendo Network?
Femmeworth
Miss Negativity
(01-20-2012, 05:36 PM)
Femmeworth's Avatar
SE portable tax and DLC! Yay!
chri5t
Member
(01-20-2012, 05:37 PM)
chri5t's Avatar
I really hate the eyes of all the characters. It really makes them look lifeless and without personality.
snap0212
Member
(01-20-2012, 05:37 PM)
Isn't this the game 8-4 said is ridiculously overpriced? I remember hearing that someone said it was more like a $10 download game than a full price retail one... Now on top of the high price of the game they want additional money for DLC?
Father_Brain
Samus made me a Widower :(
(01-20-2012, 05:37 PM)
Father_Brain's Avatar

Originally Posted by DXB-KNIGHT

Nintendo Network?

Something that'll be announced at the investor conference next week, maybe?
Alrus
Member
(01-20-2012, 05:38 PM)
Alrus's Avatar
Nintendo Network? Interesting, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything significant.

Originally Posted by PhoReal

I thought Fire Emblem was the first?

No, Fire Embler is the first Nintendo game to have DLC though.
electroplankton
Banned
(01-20-2012, 05:38 PM)
electroplankton's Avatar
Well, the game will have at least 39 songs as far as we know, which is not so bad for a rhythm'n'game. If a bunch of new songs will cost few euroes, I can live with that.
Mael
Member
(01-20-2012, 05:39 PM)

Originally Posted by friskykillface

Bleh now kingdom hearts 3D will have it :(

Yeah I thought fire emblem was the first?

Duodecim is pretty much DLC land and there's not a single one for BBS so I wouldn't be so quick
FreeMufasa
Member
(01-20-2012, 05:40 PM)
FreeMufasa's Avatar
So badly hope this game is localised.
Roto13
Member
(01-20-2012, 05:40 PM)
Roto13's Avatar

Originally Posted by snap0212

Isn't this the game 8-4 said is ridiculously overpriced for the amount of content it offers? Now on top of the high price of the game they want additional money for DLC?

I'm not sure how much content the game has, but Squenix games are hilariously expensive in Japan. Unless they bring their DS Squenix tax over to the 3DS (which they very well might) it will be $40, which might be fair. I dunno, though.

I don't mind DLC if it's a complete game without it. Japanese companies are terrible at DLC though.

EDIT:


Originally Posted by electroplankton

Well, the game will have at least 39 songs as far as we know, which is not so bad for a rhythm'n'game. If a bunch of new songs will cost few euroes, I can live with that.

39 songs for $40 is fine with me. If I like the game and the DLC is priced fairly, I wouldn't be opposed to buying more songs.
electroplankton
Banned
(01-20-2012, 05:41 PM)
electroplankton's Avatar

Originally Posted by snap0212

Isn't this the game 8-4 said is ridiculously overpriced? I remember hearing that someone said it was more like a $10 download game than a full price retail one... Now on top of the high price of the game they want additional money for DLC?

Opinions.
I paid full price for games like EBA and Rhythm Heaven. From TGS and demo impressions, THEATRHYTHM is a nice game, full of fanservice and a lot of contents.
guek
Member
(01-20-2012, 05:43 PM)
guek's Avatar

Originally Posted by Father_Brain

Something that'll be announced at the investor conference next week, maybe?

there's an investor's conference next week?
Lord Ghirahim
Member
(01-20-2012, 05:46 PM)
Lord Ghirahim's Avatar
FF CC MLAAK's DLC cost me more than the game itself. I think I'll pass on this one.
Mpl90
Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
(01-20-2012, 05:46 PM)
Mpl90's Avatar
Yes, there's an investor meeting next week. And January is usually such a good month for announcements from Nintendo! :D

P.S. The second game to use NN will be Dynasty Warriors Vs. , I'm so sure of this :lol
wsippel
(01-20-2012, 05:47 PM)

Originally Posted by DXB-KNIGHT

Nintendo Network?

Well, Nintendo founded a new team called NSD, or Network Service Development, back in 2008. What we have on 3DS so far doesn't look like it required a new, dedicated team to develop, and a sane company would most likely want to integrate 3DS and WiiU online, so Nintendo Network might be a new, unified system. Or it's just the same old shit with a new logo. We'll know soon enough.
Cosmonaut X
Member
(01-20-2012, 05:50 PM)
Cosmonaut X's Avatar
The Nintendo Network logo is kinda nifty, but I hope it ultimately means a bit more like a service like Steam or Live rather than just a rebrand of the old Nintendo Wi-Fi stuff.
Bullza2o
Member
(01-20-2012, 09:01 PM)
Bullza2o's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mpl90

Yes, there's an investor meeting next week. And January is usually such a good month for announcements from Nintendo! :D

P.S. The second game to use NN will be Dynasty Warriors Vs. , I'm so sure of this :lol

Awesome, I'll mark this on my calendar. The logo seems better than WFC, though.
Boney
Sucking and blowing™
(01-20-2012, 09:18 PM)
Boney's Avatar
Was it ever confirmed what's the DLC from Fire Emblem about?
Edvardelis
Member
(01-20-2012, 09:23 PM)
Edvardelis's Avatar

Originally Posted by tsab

fuuuuuuu-
you know S-E are going to DLC-Milk it... :(

Not the first time they've done that. Just look at Dissidia 012.
Wrekt
Member
(01-20-2012, 09:26 PM)
Wrekt's Avatar

Originally Posted by chri5t

I really hate the eyes of all the characters. It really makes them look lifeless and without personality.

Well it is a modern Square game...
slaughterking
Member
(01-20-2012, 09:26 PM)
slaughterking's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boney

Was it ever confirmed what's the DLC from Fire Emblem about?

It was never confirmed that FE would even have DLC.
Boney
Sucking and blowing™
(01-24-2012, 11:23 PM)
Boney's Avatar

Originally Posted by slaughterking

It was never confirmed that FE would even have DLC.

that's what I thought as well.
Shiggy
Member
(01-25-2012, 12:16 AM)
Shiggy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boney

Was it ever confirmed what's the DLC from Fire Emblem about?

Probably free DLC as with past Nintendo titles.
@MUWANdo
Member
(01-25-2012, 12:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Cosmonaut X

The Nintendo Network logo is kinda nifty, but I hope it ultimately means a bit more like a service like Steam or Live rather than just a rebrand of the old Nintendo Wi-Fi stuff.

Someone from NOA confirmed this isn't the case just the other day.
electroplankton
Banned
(01-30-2012, 03:37 PM)
electroplankton's Avatar
A second demo is on the way (Feb 1) with The Man With The Machine Gun from FFVIII and Sunleth Waterscape from FFXIII as playable songs.

Source: Andriasang
Cosmonaut X
Member
(01-30-2012, 03:44 PM)
Cosmonaut X's Avatar

Originally Posted by @MUWANdo

Someone from NOA confirmed this isn't the case just the other day.

...and as we've seen at the investor meeting, NoA Customer Services know jack shit (or aren't allowed to pass it on even if they do)...

;-)
@MUWANdo
Member
(01-30-2012, 04:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Cosmonaut X

...and as we've seen at the investor meeting, NoA Customer Services know jack shit (or aren't allowed to pass it on even if they do)...

;-)

...but they were right? Nintendo Network isn't just WFC under a different name - that's what NOA said, that's what Iwata said at the meeting, there's no conflict here.
Cheesemeister
Member
(02-02-2012, 08:35 AM)
Cheesemeister's Avatar
Played both demos, like the gameplay, but hate the art style. Pricing this at 6090 yen is NUTS, not to mention paid DLC.

No thanks.
B.K.
Member
(02-08-2012, 01:33 AM)
B.K.'s Avatar
DLC info:

On launch day, February 16, Square Enix will release eight songs. Each song can be purchased for ¥150.

The list of paid songs reads:

FFII Battle Scene 1 (Battle Stage)
FFIV The Final Battle (Battle Stage)
FFIX Fighters of the Crystal (Battle Stage)
FFXIII Fighting Fate (Battle Stage)
FFV Hikari wo Motomete (Field Stage)
FFVII Cosmo Canyon (Field Stage)
FFVIII Ride On (Field Stage)
FFX Someday The Dream Will End (Field Stage)

(The "Field" and "Battle" marker indicate the type of stage the music is used in. The game also has "Event" stages.)

Square Enix plans on releasing new songs every two or three weeks. While the first batch consists entirely of music from numbered FF games, there will be music from non numbered games as well.

http://andriasang.com/comzwa/theatrhythm_paid_dlc/

Also, Square Enix's check cleared. Famitsu gave the game 10, 9, 9, 8.
Last edited by B.K.; 02-08-2012 at 01:35 AM.
sprsk
force push the doodoo rock
(02-08-2012, 01:36 AM)
sprsk's Avatar

Originally Posted by electroplankton

Opinions.
I paid full price for games like EBA and Rhythm Heaven. From TGS and demo impressions, THEATRHYTHM is a nice game, full of fanservice and a lot of contents.

The JP price at the time we talked about it would have come to around $70USD.

Too expensive.
Thoraxes
Member
(02-08-2012, 01:37 AM)
Thoraxes's Avatar

Originally Posted by B.K.

DLC info:

http://andriasang.com/comzwa/theatrhythm_paid_dlc/

Also, Square Enix's check cleared. Famitsu gave the game 10, 9, 9, 8.

Or... maybe it's good? The demo certainly had me hopeful.
PixyJunket
Member
(02-08-2012, 01:38 AM)
PixyJunket's Avatar
Ouch at that much DLC on the launch date.

Still, if the game is actually good, I can pick and choose only the I-VI stuff and be happy.
Cosmonaut X
Member
(02-08-2012, 01:39 AM)
Cosmonaut X's Avatar

Originally Posted by @MUWANdo

...but they were right? Nintendo Network isn't just WFC under a different name - that's what NOA said, that's what Iwata said at the meeting, there's no conflict here.

Ah - just reread your comment. It's a bit ambiguous - I took it to mean "someone from NoA said that it (being a service along the lines of Steam) wasn't the case", but it could be read the other way.
Cheesemeister
Member
(02-08-2012, 01:42 AM)
Cheesemeister's Avatar

Originally Posted by B.K.

DLC info:



http://andriasang.com/comzwa/theatrhythm_paid_dlc/

Also, Square Enix's check cleared. Famitsu gave the game 10, 9, 9, 8.

So, 6090 yen + 8 x 150 yen = 7290 yen, or $94.92 @ 76.8 yen/dollar.
KillGore
Member
(02-08-2012, 01:43 AM)
KillGore's Avatar
Milk it SE, milk it!
fernoca
Member
(02-08-2012, 01:44 AM)
fernoca's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cheesemeister

So, 6090 yen + 8 x 150 yen = 7290 yen, or $94.92 @ 76.8 yen/dollar.

Well, is not like people need to purchase the DLC in order to play the game. :p

Originally Posted by StreetsAhead

Japanese games are always more expensive, comparatively, to the West (except maybe Oceania). Plus, the most expensive I've seen this game 'selling' for in my local shops is 5470 yen, cheapest about 5200.

That too.
Depending on if there's "the tax" in the US, the game will be $40 plus $1 per song; which totals to $48 at launch (if said person buys the game an every DLC-song at launch).

***

Plus for a music-themed game; it is good that there's DLC on day one. The main thing would be if there's DLC a year from now, but guess that might depend on the game's success.
Last edited by fernoca; 02-08-2012 at 01:50 AM.
StreetsAhead
Member
(02-08-2012, 01:44 AM)
StreetsAhead's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cheesemeister

So, 6090 yen + 8 x 150 yen = 7290 yen, or $94.92 @ 76.8 yen/dollar.

Japanese games are always more expensive, comparatively, to the West (except maybe Oceania). Plus, the most expensive I've seen this game 'selling' for in my local shops is 5470 yen, cheapest about 5200.
transience
Member
(02-08-2012, 01:49 AM)
transience's Avatar
Haha, Square-Enix is treating Theatrhythm like it's Rock Band. Amazing.

I can't wait to spend a hundred dollars on a game most people agree should be a 5-10 dollar iPhone/eShop game! Actually, the Ridge Racer Vita model of charging little for it and then letting people add on via DLC is a cool idea for this game... but it's Square.
Ronian
Junior Member
(02-08-2012, 01:57 AM)

Originally Posted by StreetsAhead

Japanese games are always more expensive, comparatively, to the West (except maybe Oceania). Plus, the most expensive I've seen this game 'selling' for in my local shops is 5470 yen, cheapest about 5200.

What? New HD games are 60 to 70 Euro in mainland Europe. But yeah, for handheld games that is expensive. 3DS games are 45 Euro here. US is the cheapest region I think..
Conrad Link
Member
(02-08-2012, 02:04 AM)
Conrad Link's Avatar
It would be funny if their DLC started having SE Tax on it too.
Sammy Samusu
I should post less pop-gaf speak spam. It's bad for my health.
(02-08-2012, 02:08 AM)
Sammy Samusu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cheesemeister

Played both demos, like the gameplay, but hate the art style. Pricing this at 6090 yen is NUTS, not to mention paid DLC.

No thanks.

To be fair, Amazon (and other retailers) always offer ~20% discount.

¥6,090 > ¥4,800

Full DLC Pack = ¥1,200
StreetsAhead
Member
(02-08-2012, 02:13 AM)
StreetsAhead's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ronian

What? New HD games are 60 to 70 Euro in mainland Europe. But yeah, for handheld games that is expensive. 3DS games are 45 Euro here. US is the cheapest region I think..

Sorry, you're right, I should have written America instead of the west.
Americans don't realise or appreciate just how cheap gaming is for them, as a general rule (other factors are involved, like minimum wage, market size, etc, I know).
Cheesemeister
Member
(02-08-2012, 02:25 AM)
Cheesemeister's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sammy Samusu

To be fair, Amazon (and other retailers) always offer ~20% discount.

¥6,090 > ¥4,800

Full DLC Pack = ¥1,200

Even so, best to wait for one of these:
DR2K
Doesn't buy fighting games to actually play them
(02-08-2012, 02:34 AM)
DR2K's Avatar
All this content would have been on the cart for free had it not been for this service.

Thread Tools