• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 James Vega Featurette

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Should have been called Freddie Prinze Jr talks about how cool ME3 and mentions Vega.

Wow, they really touched up on the animation and it looks pretty smooth as well. But damn, those expressionless, doll-like faces are gross.

Looks fun.

Dacon

Banned
I really don't like how dead Shepard's eyes are. Every time he dodged a punch his eyes were staring blankly off in the distance.

Will be buying this, if only to see how certain characters' stories turn out (Mordin, Garrus, Jack, namely). Will be buying this despite James Vega, who just seems like a horrible, dude-bro addition. Game needs less humans, more aliens.

I really don't like how dead Shepard's eyes are. Every time he dodged a punch his eyes were staring blankly off in the distance.

Shepard's expressionlessness is the current-gen equivalent of everyone in Final Fantasy X calling your main character 'star player of the Zanarkand Abes' over and over again because they let you name him.

Is it nice to be able to customize your character's appearance? Sure. But don't be surprised when there are some MASSIVE trade-offs in animation and expression quality.

Shepard's expressionlessness is the current-gen equivalent of everyone in Final Fantasy X calling your main character 'star player of the Zanarkand Abes' over and over again because they let you name him.

Is it nice to be able to customize your character's appearance? Sure. But don't be surprised when there are some MASSIVE trade-offs in animation and expression quality.

Worth it, generally.

Not so much in Mass Effect, though, where you can't really make a decent-looking male character without relying on the default.

Kinyou

shep2y2gp.gif

Sober

Should have been called Freddie Prinze Jr talks about how cool ME3 and mentions Vega.
At least he seems enthusiastic about the series and his character. I'm sure he can pull it off, but can Bioware not make his expressions and his face look ridiculous? I still can't stop laughing every time I see Vega's face.

Then again, this is Bioware we're talking about, makers of the Creepy MaleShep face.

also, not to rag on FP Jr, but character face and his voice I don't feel match up AT ALL. Then again they didn't show much of Vega.

Foxix Von

What the hell?

Did the facial animation actually get worse since ME2? I mean yeah, there were some weird movements in 2 but at least they actually MOVED.

Fredrik

Game looks awesome but they should've hired Ninja Theory to get some life into those characters when they talk. Still day one though if it hits WiiU.

Jarmel

Banned
Supposedly at 2:13 there is the overheat sound.

Hohohohoho Bioware be trollin.

Edit:Yep it was a troll. Some other mechanic that just has a very similar sound.

I think you can actaully make dialogue choices when Shepard is fighting, maybe thats the reason he looks so lifeless when dodging punches.

Sober

Can't wait to see that clip on youtube with people's ugly custom characters, lol.
Time to go back to that thread where people posted hilarious results from custom avatar creation, especially from ME2 and the like. Cannot wait to see those in action.

Top Bottom