• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

miladesn
(01-21-2012, 02:27 PM)
there is another recent trademark btw by Square Enix Ltd (aka Eidos) 'Sleeping Dogs'. This I'm guessing could be a subtitle for a Kane & lynch game. Last one was called 'Dog Days'
edit: capture -> http://i.min.us/iwc7ZzpaaxYK6.JPG
Last edited by miladesn; 01-21-2012 at 03:00 PM.
V_Ben
(01-21-2012, 02:29 PM)

Originally Posted by miladesn

there is another recent trademark btw by Square Enix Ltd (aka Eidos) 'Sleeping Dogs'. This I'm guessing could be a subtitle for a Kane & lynch game. Last one was called 'Dog Days'

Yeah, that sounds sensible enough.
DaBuddaDa
(01-21-2012, 02:42 PM)

Originally Posted by miladesn

Interesting...I thought Dog Days was a critical and commercial failure.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(01-21-2012, 07:13 PM)
Split bump.

Originally Posted by DaBuddaDa

Interesting...I thought Dog Days was a critical and commercial failure.

They intend to make more:

Originally Posted by Eurogamer

Eurogamer: Is the Kane & Lynch franchise alive and kicking? Do you intend to build on it and continue with more releases?

Ian Livingstone: We haven't made any announcements about Kane & Lynch going forward, but we all know that Kane and Lynch are two amazing characters who have a lot of brand equity. People like those guys, so they're not going to disappear.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...terview?page=3
King of the Potato People
(01-21-2012, 07:20 PM)
Dirge of Cerberus sequel. You all asked for it.
pje122
(01-21-2012, 07:20 PM)
Kane and Lynch...? I HOPE SO!

Edit: Since this is a new K&L thread, someone should post the GAFer-made fan-trailer for K&L2...

Edit2: OK, I found it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKbe2...feature=autofb
Last edited by pje122; 01-21-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Yamibito
(01-21-2012, 07:21 PM)
I weirdly liked the Kane and Lynch games, great characters in pretty mediocre games with unique presentation- now please give us one that plays great too.
Brazil
(01-21-2012, 07:25 PM)
The sequel no one wants.
LQX
Remember, he is Canadian.
(01-21-2012, 07:26 PM)
Good to see they are sticking with K&L. I still think part 2 got some needless flack. I thought it was great, especially on PC and I actually liked the style they used. Great ending also.
Tantalus
(01-21-2012, 07:26 PM)
I didn't love what I played of the first two games, but I wouldn't be opposed to another Kane and Lynch either.

Who knows, maybe third time's the charm?
Darklord
(01-21-2012, 07:28 PM)
Kane & Lynch seemed so cool when they first announced it. Playing as a bad guy team seemed really cool. Can't believe they screwed it so badly. You can buy Dog Days for like 99 cents in some places.

However...it was the unintentional creator of my favorite gaming website.
miladesn
(01-21-2012, 07:28 PM)
IO Int. was hiring last year
http://www.ioi.dk/?p=602

The multiplayer technology lays the foundation for a yet unannounced 3rd person game with strong cooperative multiplayer elements

a new K&L is probably happening, yeah.
Last edited by miladesn; 01-21-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Frank Jaeger
(01-21-2012, 07:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Brazil

The sequel no one wants.

I do! Loved Dog Days!
Vinterbird
(01-21-2012, 07:30 PM)
Really surprised by this. The IO guys I talked to implied heavily that they were done with Kane & Lynch, and everything was put towards Hitman Absolution and the new IP now.
ZombieFred
(01-21-2012, 07:33 PM)
Sign me up for another Kane and Lynch. I loved the second game, even if it was short and had some flaws, the game had a great direction and original touch to it and hope they will fix the issues and make it longer for the next chapter.
sixteen-bit
(01-21-2012, 07:38 PM)

Originally Posted by King of the Potato People

Dirge of Cerberus sequel. You all asked for it.

Kane and Vincent
Jocchan
Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
(01-21-2012, 07:40 PM)
I got the second game during a Steam sale, but I haven't played it yet. Do I really need to play the first game, or can I just read up a summary and kick off with the (apparently better) sequel?
Vinterbird
(01-21-2012, 07:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Jocchan

I got the second game during a Steam sale, but I haven't played it yet. Do I really need to play the first game, or can I just read up a summary and kick off with the (apparently better) sequel?

The latte. There's arent any big hooks to the first game.
rpmurphy
(01-21-2012, 07:53 PM)

The sequel no one wants.

Let sleeping dogs lie?
Tomat
(01-21-2012, 07:56 PM)
I liked K&L 1, and thought K&L2 was a lot of fun.

Come at me.
Domstercool
(01-21-2012, 07:56 PM)
If it is, then I'm guessing it will be released close to the date of the movie.
Lord British
(01-21-2012, 07:57 PM)
Bring it on. I have a weird love for Kane and Lynch, even the first one.
Hot Coldman
(01-21-2012, 07:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Domstercool

If it is, then I'm guessing it will be released close to the date of the movie.

That still happening? Kane Willis and black non-hobo-looking Lynch?
Anteater
(01-21-2012, 07:59 PM)
I thought the kane & lynch games sold really well, I remember the first game sold over a million, I thought the demo was poo poo, the hit detection wasn't even right :lol
Domstercool
(01-21-2012, 08:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Green Scar

That still happening? Kane Willis and black non-hobo-looking Lynch?

Supposed to be coming out in 2013.
AgentChris
Why? I/O should be focused on Hitman and new IP's not more of K&L :(
fushi
I wanted to like Dog Days, but man... it was short, poorly plotted and the ending was (dog)shit. And the controls felt wonky. And... yeah.

But the visuals were spot-on. Voicework too.
AgentOtaku
(01-21-2012, 08:02 PM)

The sequel no one wants.

Speak for yourself

I fucking loved Dog Days
dr_rus
(01-21-2012, 08:06 PM)
KnL1 was bad.
KnL2 was awful.
Who would buy KnL3 and why?
AlphaTwo00
(01-21-2012, 08:09 PM)
I enjoyed K&L2. Too short though, and could have used a lot more polish. The MP modes were interesting enough.
shagg_187
lapdance transform pants
(01-21-2012, 08:10 PM)
Dog Days multiplayer had one of the most engaging and fun game mode out there. The game was broken in certain cases but the heart was in the right place.
Anteater
(01-21-2012, 08:11 PM)

Originally Posted by dr_rus

KnL1 was bad.
KnL2 was awful.
Who would buy KnL3 and why?

Online probably
Ether_Snake
安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
(01-21-2012, 08:15 PM)
Would be interesting IMO to play as a new character, against Kane and Lynch. See them from the opposite perspective, always pursuing them.
Fezan
(01-21-2012, 08:21 PM)
Liked K&L:dog days...
visual style was great but shooting felt bad.Also loved the story of the game.simple yet effective
just wished it was a little longer
ArjanN
(01-21-2012, 09:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Fezan

Liked K&L:dog days...
visual style was great but shooting felt bad.Also loved the story of the game.simple yet effective
just wished it was a little longer

Pretty much. It could have really used a couple more levels with some more story setpieces.
The Mana Legend
Banned
(01-21-2012, 09:11 PM)
Sleeping Dogs: The Michael Vick Story
Pylon_Trooper
Banned
(01-22-2012, 12:38 AM)
Keen for more hijinx with this generations most interesting and broken duo. You can keep your tired heroes of the week and the cliches. More Kane and Lynch!
SeanNoonan
(01-23-2012, 11:51 AM)
The multiplayer component would have been awesome had it been a standalone downloadable game with a bit more polish and a little more attention to balance.

I feel the last game was really rough in the gameplay department, but really nailed the visuals - I'd like to see a lot more focus fixing the shooting, the cover and any related mechanics (movement felt particularly weird in the second game) and leave the visuals as is.

Anyone else feel the lack of grenades in K&L2 screwed with the pacing?
Last edited by SeanNoonan; 01-23-2012 at 11:59 AM.
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(01-23-2012, 11:57 AM)

Originally Posted by AgentOtaku

Speak for yourself

I fucking loved Dog Days

Tell me about it, adrenalin pure. I still have my PC version unfinished becuase I have a bug where I can't shoot from cover. But since my Steam disk got cleared I need to re-install and test it again.

Originally Posted by SeanNoonan

The multiplayer component would have been awesome had it been a standalone downloadable game with a bit more polish and a little more attention to balance.

That's actually a great idea.
Arabian Mage
(01-23-2012, 12:04 PM)
I get the point that they wanted a gritty game characters and world with Kane and Lynch but the execution is just sloppy, and they're badly written characters in a badly written world.
SmokyDave
His head smashed in and his heart cut out and his liver removed and his bowels unplugged and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis...
(01-23-2012, 12:11 PM)
I enjoyed K&L and really enjoyed K&L2, so I hope this is the third.

Seriously, K&L2 was a pretty damned cool game. It's short and repetitive, sure, but it's still cool as fuck.
Castor Krieg
Banned
(01-23-2012, 01:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Anteater

Online probably

KnL2 had online play, it died within the first week.
NotTheGuyYouKill
(01-24-2012, 05:39 AM)
KL1 was hampered by technical issues, but on a narrative/character aspect, it was pretty ambitious, and I enjoyed it. KL2 had a super cool style, brought back the interesting characters, and told a cool crime story, along with that, tightened up the gameplay, but it was just so damn short. At least IO seems to be learning. If this is KL3, I'm in. Still a lot of potential to be mined with these two bastards.
reptilescorpio
(01-24-2012, 05:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Frank Jaeger

I do! Loved Dog Days!

Same here. Thought the first was mediocre but Dog Days was great. Was paced perfectly and achieved that Michael Mann feel they originally wanted. Would love another one. The shortness would lend itself to a series of 1200 point XBLA titles.
IdreamofHIME
Banned
(01-24-2012, 06:07 AM)
I loved the visual style of the 2nd game, but the repetitive gameplay out wore it's welcome too quick.
The 1st was just a mess, when it turned into a squad based military shooter I just couldn't believe it.
StevePharma
(01-24-2012, 09:44 AM)
I finished Dog Days on the hardest difficulty. Rage-inducing but I loved the style and grittyness so much.

Not sure if it's true but the game felt like 60 fps. So smooth. If they can keep that and spice up the gameplay a bit I'm in. Story was not interesting but everything looked cool.
Psycho Powaa
(01-24-2012, 09:46 AM)

Originally Posted by StevePharma

I finished Dog Days on the hardest difficulty. Rage-inducing but I loved the style and grittyness so much.

Not sure if it's true but the game felt like 60 fps. So smooth. If they can keep that and spice up the gameplay a bit I'm in. Story was not interesting but everything looked cool.

It's definitely 60fps on console.
Jocchan
Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
(01-24-2012, 09:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Vinterbird

The latte. There's arent any big hooks to the first game.

rollingstart
(02-08-2012, 08:14 AM)
https://twitter.com/fs_gamer

@FS_Gamer at #Playstation Destination - #squareenix reveals #sleepingdogs August 2012. PS3, X360, PC. Pre-Order Soon. pic.twitter.com/7PFO9SHl

I think it's True Crime Hong Kong
Net_Wrecker
(02-08-2012, 08:17 AM)
I hope this turns out well if it is True Crime. They had some real interesting ideas, and a lot of talent working on this game last time I saw it.

As for Kane and Lynch, I'd love to see that series continue with the gritty, handheld, overexposed, Youtube style aesthetic but with some really tight gameplay behind it. There's a really special experience waiting to happen with that style of game, they just didn't quite hit the mark.
Last edited by Net_Wrecker; 02-08-2012 at 08:20 AM.