• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

Just a heads up for LA GAF:

walmartsc.jpg

The Wal-Mart in Pico Rivera was stocked full of Soul Calibur V copies when I went there yesterday.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 was also in stock. :3

Congrats on getting it urley!

FinKL

Wal-Mart raid later tonight??? Oh yeah, but for some reason, I never get lucky...Doesn't help when another big release (Final Fantasy) has the same sticker date that says "DO NOT SELL BEFORE" :O

Wal-Mart raid later tonight??? Oh yeah, but for some reason, I never get lucky...Doesn't help when another big release (Final Fantasy) has the same sticker date that says "DO NOT SELL BEFORE" :O

Just to let you know neither game had any "DO NOT SELL BEFORE" sticker on the actual case, but there was a banner on the glass exactly where Soul Calibur and XIII-2 were that read "In Stores January 31st" lol.

Can we bombard you with questions?

As long as it isn't technical related questions to gameplay as I am a total noob who gets destroyed by just about everyone in SC. Best to leave it to experts like MarkMan.

As long as it isn't technical related questions to gameplay as I am a total noob who gets destroyed by just about everyone in SC. Best to leave it to experts like MarkMan.

Don't worry, I'm no expert either. I play fighting games for the characters & story. XD

My questions are mostly CaS related.

Can you edit the default costumes for the characters? And is that armor available for other CaS characters?

Also, is Z.W.E.I.'s moon chest tattoo removable?

Thanks.

You can edit the 1st and 2nd costumes by color only. There is a 3rd option to freely customize the character, but it is a bit misleading as you can't change the body type, so say you wanted to give Hilde a bigger bust or Chun Li thighs it is not possible.

Just checked Z.W.E.I. unfortunately you can't remove his tattoo.

No you can't use default armor from the official characters on a custom character in CaS. At least I can't yet or not available to me.

are all the little bits an pieces in CaS unlocks again or do you start with everything that's not going to be DLC?

Basically what Gunloc said. Might be spoiler worthy.

I've been unlocking a lot of stuff like weapons and various other items in story mode and quick battle.

You can edit the 1st and 2nd costumes by color only. There is a 3rd option to freely customize the character, but it is a bit misleading as you can't change the body type, so say you wanted to give Hilde a bigger bust or Chun Li thighs it is not possible.

That's disappointing. And you can't even edit their secondary costume now either? Lame.

What happens when you choose an established character to edit then? Do they just start in their underwear?

What happens when you choose an established character to edit then? Do they just start in their underwear?

Yes. From there you change equipment to whatever you want. I took a sample shot of my pirate Hilde.

scas.jpg

Just wanted to add you can change hair style as well. No to body type and fighting style.

Yes. From there you change equipment to whatever you want.

I see. I've got just one more question if you don't mind...

Does every character have only one piece of breakable armor? ie. If you break off Z.W.E.I.'s vest in the first round with a Critical Edge or whatever, does anything else break off if you finish him the same way in round 2?

I see. I've got just one more question if you don't mind...

Does every character have only one piece of breakable armor? ie. If you break off Z.W.E.I.'s vest in the first round with a Critical Edge or whatever, does anything else break off if you finish him the same way in round 2?

I can confirm that for Z.W.E.I. and Hilde (based on all the rounds I've played) they don't lose any additional armor. I'm not sure about the 2nd outfit as the CPU is always the default 1st costume.

AAK

How is the online? Can you individually change between Japanese and English voices for specific characters?

No you can't use default armor from the official characters on a custom character in CaS. At least I can't yet or not available to me.

Basically what Gunloc said. Might be spoiler worthy.

I've been unlocking a lot of stuff like weapons and various other items in story mode and quick battle.

You cannot be serious.

How is the online? Can you individually change between Japanese and English voices for specific characters?

There's no one to play online lol. Seriously, only 12 people appear in the rankings and if there are more they're not playing online.

No individual settings for character VO only English or Japanese for everyone.

I can confirm that for Z.W.E.I. and Hilde (based on all the rounds I've played) they don't lose any additional armor. I'm not sure about the 2nd outfit as the CPU is always the default 1st costume.

Thought so, still a bit disappointing.

Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it.

The new full luscious breasts revitalize him.

Alive Cervantes is the best Cervantes, confirmed. His pecs are the true pirate's treasure.

sephi22

Who else is making underwear Ivy on day 1?
Also, its pretty surprising Dubai doesn't have it yet. Usually publishers ship copies early to PAL regions and Dubai mom and pops break the street date.

TDLink

Open question to anyone who has the game early:

What are all of the bosses you fight (or have fought already) in Legendary Souls Mode?

Feel free to answer the question in the future if you haven't done it yet but that info seems to be the biggest mystery still.

So far we just know Kilik is the first and Inferno, Algol, and (I think) SC4 Nightmare are also some of the fights...though who knows what order.

In other news, new news on the DLC makes it sound like the music and custom parts come together based on the date. Ie, only 3 different "packs" and they are each pretty damn cheap. This is amazing if true:

http://www.gamershell.com/news_131988.html

each DLC is priced at €1.99 or 160 MS points in Europe and loaded with exclusive new customization items and music that players can then unlock in-game. The first pack, scheduled for February 3rd, includes nine exotic customization items and original music from Soul Blade and Soulcalibur; due to be available on February 14th, the second pack offers nine fearsome customization items including breast plate, kimono and animal heads, plus original music from Soulcalibur II and III; the last pack will arrive on February 28th, and contains nine exclusive customization items including mask, face paint, camouflage and skull, plus original music from Soulcalibur IV and Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny.

Sectus

What are all of the bosses you fight (or have fought already) in Legendary Souls Mode?

Feel free to answer the question in the future if you haven't done it yet but that info seems to be the biggest mystery still.

So far we just know Kilik is the first and Inferno, Algol, and (I think) SC4 Nightmare are also some of the fights...though who knows what order.

In other news, new news on the DLC makes it sound like the music and custom parts come together based on the date. Ie, only 3 different "packs" and they are each pretty damn cheap. This is amazing if true:

http://www.gamershell.com/news_131988.html

A Namco press release says the music tracks will also be sold individually for 80MS (or 0.99 euro). So yeah, I think it's safe to say you won't get cas items and all music from 2 games for just 1.99 euro.

I think the SC1 music for SC4 was priced at 560MS, so I'm expecting something close to that for each soundtrack.

Varth

Did the AI just do that juggle? LOL

Does it all the time. Harada and Algol characters in quick battle are almost every time A+ enemies, that means (to me, at least) that I'm very lucky to get a round against them, and if I lose initiative for a second, I'll end up being juggled to death just like in the video.

There's no save screenshot function in the xmb is there?

No such option.

Kilik is the first guy you fight and he uses Xiba's style for all three rounds, unfortunately I still can't beat him.

Just wanted to add the character model viewer from IV returns in V. You can zoom in and out and check out everyone assets ( maybe not safe for work?) whenever you wish.

cas_v_1.jpg

Still can't find anyone online.

RetroMG

I completely can't afford this game, but hell with it, it's pre-ordered and paid off. I'm even in Southern CA for vacation this week and I'm tempted to go out to see if I can find an early copy. (But my SO would be annoyed.)

So. Hyped.

Question for fellow pad warriors, do you guys go with the dpad or analog stick?

I'm on the 360 and I originally used the analog stick w/o issue for SC4. Since then I've picked up a madcatz fightpad plus with the addition of supers which I believe are double qcf, I suspect I'll go with the dpad.

Question for fellow pad warriors, do you guys go with the dpad or analog stick?

I'm on the 360 and I originally used the analog stick w/o issue for SC4. Since then I've picked up a madcatz fightpad plus with the addition of supers which I believe are double qcf, I suspect I'll go with the dpad.

I always use the D-pad for everything.

Top Bottom