• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5 (Platform Unknown), Ace Attorney 123HD (iOS) announced

it looks a bit better on a retina screen.
My brain sucks at math right now, what are the dimensions (in inches) of the iPhone's screen? (I'm assuming you viewed it on an iPhone.) I'm trying to emulate what the screenshots would look like on an iPhone screen.

Edit: Never mind, I found it. Simulating the ppi of the iPhone 4S, the screenshots don't look that bad at all. I hope they release this for the 3DS, on a cartridge preferably.

In other news apparently the Ace Attorney movie is getting a world wide release. Here's the quote and a non spoiler review of the movie.

http://twitchfilm.com/reviews/2012/01/iffr-2012-review-ace-attorney-leads-the-witnesses.php

"Interestingly, the subtitles used names from the Western versions of the games, while the Japanese soundtrack used the original Japanese names. During the Q&A after the film, Miike revealed that there are plans for a worldwide release of "Ace Attorney", with each region getting dubs and subs using the character names from the Phoenix Wright games released in that region.
A bold statement but who knows: it might work... I was surprised at how many people here in The Netherlands turned out to be a fan of these games."

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The game will look good on iPhones and iPods. Probably not as much on iPad.

PKrockin

Well, you have to keep in mind that the game will not be viewed at the same ppi as your monitor.

Actually it will if I play it on an iPad. I'm using a 10" netbook with a resolution of 1024x600. :p

If we're talking iPods and iPhones though, I don't think an HD remake is necessary at all.

p1.jpg

Look at what these animals did to Maya's chin! It was always somewhat pronounced, but it was subtle. She looks like a man now! Someone should start a petition.

VerTiGo

Banned
Bringing this to the iOS (and Droid) in the future is the right move. These games definitely lend themselves well.

Ace Attorney 5 should be on every platform that works without breaking the game... 3DS, Vita, iOs and Wii U. It's going to be a "smaller" game anyway so hoping it's digital download. It doesn't need to be "next-gen" and it probably won't.

Hell, it could go to iOS first.

From the andriasang link:

cCa8S.jpg

This is weird, odd sharp edges on the lineart. Some lines they forgot to erase even. Also weird coloring on some of the background objects, like the rope/ rounded metal post. I actually cant tell if the coloring is terrible of if its just the compression, maybe a bit of both.

It looks weird in any case, don't know what to think about this.

edit:
(full size to see what I mean)

After Time Travelers and Good People Die, I'm sort of leaning to 3DS/Vita multi on AA5 too.

Capcom should also push out 3Dmakes on the eShop. They'd probably cost less to put together than the "HD" versions.

Sky Chief

They'll probably do the exact model they did with Ghost Trick, though, i'd bet now that they've done it, they can easily make the turnaround in less than 6 months this time too. If anything, they'll probably space it out slightly, and do an episodic model by selling each case for a set fee that will total up to (i'm going to use the US prices because i've only bought 2 games from the JP appstore) around $5-7 each.

I honestly believe that game was used as the test to that model for that market. They've made really good money there too, so even if it doesn't come to consoles first, you can bet the turnaround will be in 6 months or less [for a hypothetical iOS version].

What?

After Time Travelers and Good People Die, I'm sort of leaning to 3DS/Vita multi on AA5 too.

Capcom should also push out 3Dmakes on the eShop. They'd probably cost less to put together than the "HD" versions.

I don't understand when two games started a trend. Furthermore, it would be Capcom's first time, and they DO have a lot of games for both console.

It looks very similar to what they did with Mega Man X and it looks awful and weird. The backgrounds doesn't blend that and well it is almost like the colours look washed out and like stretched gba games.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Bringing this to the iOS (and Droid) in the future is the right move. These games definitely lend themselves well.

Ace Attorney 5 should be on every platform that works without breaking the game... 3DS, Vita, iOs and Wii U. It's going to be a "smaller" game anyway so hoping it's digital download. It doesn't need to be "next-gen" and it probably won't.

Hell, it could go to iOS first.

No I really don't think it could. Has any developer simultaneously released a DS/PSP game on iOS? It seems like such a bad business decision considering that version will likely be much cheaper.

It seems to me like it is better to wait around 6 months. Plus I'm not convinced these games sell as great on iOS as some of you say it did. I'm sure it's profitable considering the effort but I doubt it's as significant as some are saying.

Overall I think it's just a terrible idea in general to launch simultaneously with dedicated handhelds. Someone destroy this argument if I am wrong though.

In other news apparently the Ace Attorney movie is getting a world wide release. Here's the quote and a non spoiler review of the movie.

http://twitchfilm.com/reviews/2012/01/iffr-2012-review-ace-attorney-leads-the-witnesses.php

"Interestingly, the subtitles used names from the Western versions of the games, while the Japanese soundtrack used the original Japanese names. During the Q&A after the film, Miike revealed that there are plans for a worldwide release of "Ace Attorney", with each region getting dubs and subs using the character names from the Phoenix Wright games released in that region.
A bold statement but who knows: it might work... I was surprised at how many people here in The Netherlands turned out to be a fan of these games."

If they CG all of Maya's noodles into hamburgers for the American version, day one.

I don't understand when two games started a trend.

Two or more different entities both starting to do the same new thing is pretty much the definition of a trend. :p

I agree, there's not much reason not to release this as a multiplatform game, and it would also make a great deal of sense to follow it up with a pre-planned iOS release six months later -- that'd give them the maximum flexibility in terms of target audience and localization options.

Takao

Banned
I don't understand when two games started a trend. Furthermore, it would be Capcom's first time, and they DO have a lot of games for both console.

They have a lot of games for one of those consoles. Well, actually most of them are already out for one of those consoles.

Two or more different entities both starting to do the same new thing is pretty much the definition of a trend. :p

I agree, there's not much reason not to release this as a multiplatform game, and it would also make a great deal of sense to follow it up with a pre-planned iOS release six months later -- that'd give them the maximum flexibility in terms of target audience and localization options.

Two out of... Hundreds?
I don't see a trend in this multiplatform situation, btw. Perhaps it'll become more common, but the probability to see AA5 on both Vita and 3DS is on par with the one to see it on both 3DS and PSP/DS/iOS/XBLA etc.

Wizpig

I can't read things like "AA 5 to iOS first" "AA 5 multiplatform on 394827 consoles" with a straight face.

Anyway, bundle for the HD iOS version:

OoAOW.jpg

yvaKa.jpg

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Will rebuy again on the ipad (Ace Attorney 123 HD).

As for Ace Attorney 5, I will buy whatever platform it is on. Ace Attorney 1 sold me on a DS back in 2005, and AA5 will sell me on whatever platform it is.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Omg Ghost Trick iOS is out in English (only in the New Zealand store for now because they're in the future). AA 123HD localization confirmed! (not really but)

Cheebo

Banned
Omg Ghost Trick iOS is out in English (only in the New Zealand store for now because they're in the future). AA 123HD localization confirmed! (not really but)

Ace Attorney has more sales potential than Ghost Trick, if Capcom releases the english verision of Ghost Trick on iOS they surely will for this.

Crub

FUCKING FINALLY!!!

Held off on the DS version due to this one looking so much better.

Top Bottom