• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

6LM9z.png

What could this be for? They have already done a Quick Look for Trials Evolution. They also had a great TNT for the game, too. Maybe they're going to be showing some of their favourite user generated levels? If that's what it is, then wow... they really are struggling to find games to Quick Look this week!

Or it's Part 2 of this video, which is arguably the predecessor to Breaking Brad.

Probably not, though.

Gowans

I definitely want to do more of it, but a new Dead Island doesn't come along every week.
You're right.

The format was great tho, I think even in multi games having a couple of persectives and commentary to bounce between adds a great edge. The fun that coop brings (or not in fable) to play really comes across in a entertaining way in the videos.

The Vinny method minus the reading of every book in the same universe.

they can charge money for it too, thus giving him an excuse to duck out of Quick Looks because he has to record another episode of Commander Brad [PREMIUM]

jeff's right, brad would be terrible at making f2p games, no monetization sense at all

You're right.

The format was great tho, I think even in multi games having a couple of persectives and commentary to bounce between adds a great edge. The fun that coop brings (or not in fable) to play really comes across in a entertaining way in the videos.

Yep, the ones where they play randoms can hardly serve as background fodder while I play games.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Finished watching the North Korea video. Videos like that are why I like GB--dudes can come around and just talk about anything. In this case, it didn't feel like listening to a bunch of guys talking about one guy's vacation because it wasn't necessarily that but rather, it was a casual learning experience. Awesome of Drew to share his photos and experience with everyone.

It was pretty good timing too, since I'd just finished this recently-released book (excerpt here) and loved it. I haven't read Nothing to Envy yet, but I'm pretty eager to read it now.

The Nuts&Bolts TNT was amazing

There are exceptions and this is one of them.

That Madden 12 TNT might have been the lowest point in GBs 4 years of existence.
I haven't seen that, now I have to.

When they have guests they're good but if it's jeff and Ryan playing cod it can be quite dull.

I found that to be the worse part of last weeks QL, I felt they were being a little rude to the guy from EA.

It could just be seeing them be informal with someone who I don't know their relationship with.

I think the TNT setup as is could definitely do with a shake up as it has been the same for a long while now. . The one thing I would like was for them to use this gathering of people to bring life to games that are long dead i.e. launch games rather than playing the flavor of the week. Either that or games that these guys really love and have a deep understanding of such as Brad and Starcraft. I just don't find it very entertaining when they can't do a game justice purely because they didn't have enough time to give it a proper look and get to grips with it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I think the TNT setup as is could definitely do with a shake up as it has been the same for a long while now. . The one thing I would like was for them to use this gathering of people to bring life to games that are long dead i.e. launch games rather than playing the flavor of the week. Either that or games that these guys really love and have a deep understanding of such as Brad and Starcraft. I just don't find it very entertaining when they can't do a game justice purely because they didn't have enough time to give it a proper look and get to grips with it.

Yeah, it'd be great if they went back and did some TNTs focused on some older games that don't have many players.

I'd pay money to see a Giant Bomb game of Clue.
The bombcast page is already setting up expectations for it, so why not?

Don't play the pc version though, it's freaking AWFUL. You could get it for free in boxes of cereal at one point, so yeah.
beyondgoodandevilcheesesticks.jpg : (

kylej

Banned
My biggest problem with TNT is how one GB staffer will play the entire time. It's like going over to your friend's house and he never gives up the controller. Hand it off and give other people a turn, I'd like to hear their feedback or see how they play, etc.

ArjanN

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet lantern run or Magicka.

Those work pretty well because you're all on the same screen, and playing poorly only makes them funnier.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Someone should mail Giant Bomb a giant Kinder Surprise.

chiablo

I think TNT needs to be refocused. I know it's a way for the community to interact with the Giant Bomb crew, but these types of games create some of the more boring moments.
I think TNT should focus on 2 or 4-player games and it be exclusive to the Giant Bomb members. I would have enjoyed the Trials Evolution TNT much more if everyone on the couch had a controller rather than just one person.

Whoever guessed blackops podcast was right.

@jeffgerstmann: We'll have more Black Ops II stuff (written and a podcast thing) at 9PM Pacific. There's... more to it than the trailer lets on.

Cant'... er wait?

Megasoum

Banned
Jeff just confirmed that the podcast thing is for Black Ops 2....which happen to look like a cross between Syndicate and Red Dead Redemption...wtf...

Is Easter Eggs in mugs not a US thing, as they seem surprised? I have accumulated about 10 mugs over the last 7 years from Easter Eggs.

My favourite:

7iZRHl.jpg

OMG Aero

Whoever guessed blackops podcast was right.

@jeffgerstmann: We'll have more Black Ops II stuff (written and a podcast thing) at 9PM Pacific. There's... more to it than the trailer lets on.

Cant'... er wait?

I'm not at all a fan of the Call of Duty series but this really intrigues me. There must be something big that hasn't been shown yet for them to do a separate podcast as well as a written feature when most of them don't really care about COD any more.

Megasoum

Banned
Wonder if it's going to be a bombcast or a podcast with Treyarch employee.

Probably the podcast equivalent of a quicklook EX... If it was just Jeff that went to see the game somewhere and then want to talk about it they would have done it in the normal Bombcast... The game was officialy revealed at 8EST so it's not like they would have to push back the bombcast too late to not break the embargo.

Patryn

Hey since this thread is loosely candy related, I hear Europeans often find that Hershey's chocolate has a vomit smell and taste, is this true?

The one Swedish guy who works in my office constantly complains that it tastes like soap and says that Americans know nothing about chocolate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom