• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Mystery Shooter Sequel' Teased For March Reveal of PSM3, Releasing 2012

DaBuddaDa

Is there any confirmation this is even a new announcement, and not just a feature on a game that's already announced?

They call it a "mystery" and then "speculate" if it's Black Ops 2 or Bulletstorm 2, both unannounced games, so the implication is clearly that this is a previously unannounced game.

They are doing the next NFS game that is going to release in the Fall.

Logical speculation, but pure speculation none the less. It hasn't been confirmed by anyone. That also does not rule out them making two games at once.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They call it a "mystery" and then "speculate" if it's Black Ops 2 or Bulletstorm 2, both unannounced games, so the implication is clearly that this is a previously unannounced game.

Even so, I'm hesitant to believe that this feature will double as an announcement due to the phrasing. If "an exclusive look" read "an exclusive first look", then, sure, I'd be on board - after all, what shooters announced for 2012 haven't we already seen? (Largely rhetorical, but I'm also somewhat curious.)

If this is indeed Black 2, then I'd argue it doesn't fit the description of "mystery shooter sequel" nor the label of a previously unannounced game given that a sequel to Black has been confirmed to be in development and mentioned at least twice by EA/Criterion.

Black was pretty awful TBH. Perfect example of pretty cover, empty inside. It had it moments but goddamn it dragged on parts. "Hope you like shooting big ass wave of enemies because here they are!"

Jigsaw

Banned
yeah black was awful and really only worked in the first level

medal of honor was ok,though i don't remember much of it besides that crazy beard of one of my guys

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Black 2 has been dead for ages, but Medal of Honor 2 will be launching this Fall.

I think it's pretty easy to guess this one. :p

AkuMifune

Banned
I'd love to play a mystery shooter. Like J.B. Harold has to figure out whodunit while fending off nazi zombies. Maybe a new X-Files game or sequel to Deadly Premonition in 1st person.

Get on it developers!

jbug617

Banned
Medal of Honor 2. Sony and EA have a good relationship and I expect the PS3 version to get something extra.

znKgs.jpg

I'd say its Black 2

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Black was awful. Medal of Honour was awful. This will be awful.

Top Bottom