• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 4 Announcement At Destination PlayStation Hinted By Future Shop, Removed

Takao

Banned
From FS Gamer (the Canadian retailer at Destination PlayStation who let out LBP Karting):

“@brad_re: @FS_Gamer ...god of war 4 announcement as a final maybe?!” Great Question. (;

Is it a PR only event or also open to media?

It's for retailers.

Please be true, I want a new God of War so bad just so I can marvel at the greatest graphics engine that has ever graced console hardware.

Carl

Hasn't Kratos killed everyone yet? Only person i can think of that's still alive is Aphrodite. Is it going to be a whole game of fucking her?

Bloody love GoW, can't wait

Derrick01

Banned
Hasn't Kratos killed everyone yet? Only person i can think of that's still alive is Aphrodite. Is it going to be a whole game of fucking her?

Bloody love GoW, can't wait

I'm sure there's a lot of minor gods he hasn't killed yet. It wouldn't be as satisfying as killing everyone in 2 and 3 though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What? I thought Destination Playstation was done. Are we talking about breaking embargo?

It runs from the 6th to the 10th.

When Levine tweeted, it was his presentation of BioShock Infinite being done.

I just posted it because I thought the Sackboy molestation claim was funny.

Zoibie

Honestly not terribly excited by this. Unless they change up the formula some I'll probably pass. Any idea when this and LBP Karting are supposed to be officially announced?

Liamario

Banned
I don't think a reboot is necessary; but an overhauled combat system and completely different mythology wouldn't go amiss.

I'd like to see maybe a reincarnated viking Kratos.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
You know, if the rumor about it being announced in February is true, I'm not sure why we're not assuming the other half of the rumor about it starring Kratos and Deimos in co-op is true. :p

Derrick01

Banned
You know, if the rumor about it being announced in February is true, I'm not sure why we're not assuming the other half of the rumor about it starring Kratos and Deimos in co-op is true. :p

We're praying that part isn't true. I am at least.

Skidd

GoW spinoff that deals with a different mythology please

hP4ss.jpg

Soon...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
God of War 4 = God of War 0. Kratos as a teen killing minor gods.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Would be cool if the next game in this series was set in another mythology.

Didn't those come from two different sources? PLAY is the one the that started the GoW4 and SF4 in February rumor while the co-op rumor came from PSM3. PSM3 doesn't have the best history with rumors.

I really hope they do something different with it. Set it in a different time, use a different main character, something to make it fresh.

The first one was SO memorable in my mind, the story was great, and then it just went downhill. At least the gameplay never did.

Drencrom

Hope it's true, I need my godkilling fix!

Better be norse mythology and/or some big change in the formula though, the series needs it.

Xav

Maybe it's just me but I thought Ghost of Sparta was a better game than God of War 3 so unless Ready at Dawn are making God of War 4 I'm not all that interested.

Suzzopher

Maybe it's just me but I thought Ghost of Sparta was a better game than God of War 3 so unless Ready at Dawn are making God of War 4 I'm not all that interested.

I'd agree with that. Especially the remastered version on PS3.

injurai

Banned
I can't see what they have up their sleeves. The end of GoW3 leaves more possibilities to run with then most series that I have seen. The could still do some really neat things in the Greek world, but I personally would like to see GoW4 set in Egypt. Norse would be cool to, I loved the Age of Mythology Greek, Egypt, and Norse trinity.

I also hope they innovate a lot, and start off right at the ending of the 3rd games story. I love how they did a solid continuation from 2 to 3.

Kratos, solves puzzles and tears arms off!

Top Bottom