• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

i-Lo
(02-27-2012, 03:59 AM)
I'm confused.... how are you guys getting dress up or undress Shepard? Did you already get the full game?
DTKT
(02-27-2012, 04:03 AM)

Originally Posted by i-Lo

I'm confused.... how are you guys getting dress up or undress Shepard? Did you already get the full game?

During the past few days, Bioware has been running an event where they launched copies of ME3 in space using weather balloons. Lucky individuals were able to secure these copies as they landed. They are now posting tid bits of info on the internet.
i-Lo
(02-27-2012, 04:30 AM)

Originally Posted by DTKT

During the past few days, Bioware has been running an event where they launched copies of ME3 in space using weather balloons. Lucky individuals were able to secure these copies as they landed. They are now posting tid bits of info on the internet.

I thought they were to remain undisclosed due to NDA?

Well if that's the case, I want to know if I can switch from male to female Shepard even after importing the save files from ME1 and 2?
DTKT
(02-27-2012, 04:33 AM)

I thought they were to remain undisclosed due to NDA?

Well if that's the case, I want to know if I can switch from male to female Shepard even after importing the save files from ME1 and 2?

The NDA prohibits them from posting heavy spoilers or talk about key characters. Small stuff like dress and the different armor types doesn't seem to matter.

As for changing your gender, I don't think it's possible to change if you import a save.
i-Lo
(02-27-2012, 04:34 AM)

Originally Posted by DTKT

The NDA prohibits them from posting heavy spoilers or talk about key characters. Small stuff like dress and the different armor types doesn't seem to matter.

As for changing your gender, I don't think it's possible to change if you import a save.

FUUUUU... darn it.

And, thank you.
LumpOfCole
Cereal Killer
(02-27-2012, 04:35 AM)

FUUUUU... darn it.

And, thank you.

I think changing gender is easy with a save editor for the PC, and then you can transfer the save to the 360 with a certain program.
rozay
Banned
(02-27-2012, 04:51 AM)

FUUUUU... darn it.

And, thank you.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../index/2277020

Grab Pordis Shepard's customized Gibbed editor, follow the instructions in that link to get your 360 save to your PC and you can change the gender.
i-Lo
(02-27-2012, 04:57 AM)

Originally Posted by rozay

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../index/2277020

Grab Pordis Shepard's customized Gibbed editor, follow the instructions in that link to get your 360 save to your PC and you can change the gender.

Wow! Thanks, I will have to try that out.

I just feel like the voice acting for female shepard is better.
Bornstellar
(02-27-2012, 04:59 AM)
FFffffffff... Bioware, please fix the end of game crashes in MP. Thank you.
jgminto
Buttocks unclenched.
Now fill me in.
(02-27-2012, 05:05 AM)
Do we know if we'll be able to customize imported characters faces at all? I really don't want to be stuck with my current one.
HP_Wuvcraft
(02-27-2012, 05:08 AM)

The clothes people have been finding so far are:

* N7 Dark Leather Jacket/Denim Jeans
* N7 Hoodie (which looks awesome)
* Biker
* Slightly modified formal dress
Last edited by HP_Wuvcraft; 02-27-2012 at 05:11 AM.
LumpOfCole
Cereal Killer
(02-27-2012, 06:07 AM)
If there are any GafBros who are looking for the X360 N7 Edition, it looks like Sears might be able to hook you up:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05841492000P
Pollux
formerly zmoney
(02-27-2012, 06:14 AM)

Originally Posted by LumpOfCole

If there are any GafBros who are looking for the X360 N7 Edition, it looks like Sears might be able to hook you up:

If I pre-order, does it get delivered on the 6th or a day or so after?
BigTnaples
(02-27-2012, 06:15 AM)

Out of stock already. That was fast. :(
LumpOfCole
Cereal Killer
(02-27-2012, 06:16 AM)
It's Sears, so I wouldn't expect release date delivery. Maybe if you got the most expensive shipping, it might be possible. But again, Sears.

Dammmn that is fast.
Pollux
formerly zmoney
(02-27-2012, 06:21 AM)

Originally Posted by BigTnaples

Out of stock already. That was fast. :(

lol nvm then
Hasphat'sAnts
(02-27-2012, 07:18 AM)

Originally Posted by jgminto

Do we know if we'll be able to customize imported characters faces at all? I really don't want to be stuck with my current one.

Would like a clarification on that.

Imported characters from ME1 had no face codes in ME2.
LumpOfCole
Cereal Killer
(02-27-2012, 07:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Hasphat'sAnts

Because of the different hairstyles, I would be shocked if the option wasn't there.
Kyoufu
(02-27-2012, 12:45 PM)
My thoughts on the demo:

It feels like ME2 never happened (story wise). It feels like this is a continuation of ME1 to ME3, and ME2 was just a bad filler in between, like anime filler episodes. Of course once they inject more ME2 stuff into the game then I'll be reminded of the horror again but the way I see it, they could totally retcon everything in ME2 and get away with it.
MrOogieBoogie
BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
(02-27-2012, 12:49 PM)
Srsly though, does the black crush in this game bother anyone else? It's so fucking horrendous.
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(02-27-2012, 12:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Hasphat'sAnts

Yea they had, visible in the squad menu after creation.
Coxswain
(02-27-2012, 01:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Tunesmith

Yea they had, visible in the squad menu after creation.

Only if you recustomized your Shepard's appearance at the beginning of ME2. None of my imported saves have a face code, whether I look in the squad menu, in character creation at the beginning of the game, or even when I open up the file in a save editor.
Nose Master
(02-27-2012, 01:09 PM)
Opening mission in this was straight-up embarrassing. Thank god they had the second part, which redeemed it.
MikeE21286
(02-27-2012, 01:10 PM)

Is this gonna be one of those truly hard to get Mass Effect CEs?

I pre-ordered at Amazon about a month or so ago just in case...

Originally Posted by MrOogieBoogie

Srsly though, does the black crush in this game bother anyone else? It's so fucking horrendous.

The 360 tends to be a big offender of this.

Has anyone compared the 360 and PS3 versions?
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(02-27-2012, 01:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Coxswain

Only if you recustomized your Shepard's appearance at the beginning of ME2. None of my imported saves have a face code, whether I look in the squad menu, in character creation at the beginning of the game, or even when I open up the file in a save editor.

I didn't re-customize mine and I had face codes each time I imported it.
Antagon
(02-27-2012, 01:55 PM)

Originally Posted by MikeE21286

Is this gonna be one of those truly hard to get Mass Effect CEs?

I pre-ordered at Amazon about a month or so ago just in case...

The 360 tends to be a big offender of this.

Has anyone compared the 360 and PS3 versions?

Eurogamer did, PS3 is pretty awful, running at 20 fps more often then not and falling beneath this regularly as well.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...demos-analysed
shinobi602
Banned
(02-27-2012, 02:02 PM)
So those shirtless Shep pics are real and not some mod?
JB1981
I am full of shit.
Rich, smooth, creamy shit.
(02-27-2012, 02:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Antagon

Eurogamer did, PS3 is pretty awful, running at 20 fps more often then not and falling beneath this regularly as well.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...demos-analysed

this has what to do with black crush?
clockpunk
(02-27-2012, 02:31 PM)
I do hope GAF might set up some sort of community match making thread - as I cannot wait to play through the full mp version, but my usual two colleagues have decided they are playing exclusively with 2 other friends of theirs. It has caused much animosity already, and I dislike randomers, so... yes, come release day, I hope something might be set up here!
Kyoufu
(02-27-2012, 02:45 PM)
So uh, how do you lower the cooldown of your biotics? No matter which weapon I use, I have a 21 second cooldown on Charge.

edit: nvm, demo forces you to carry multiple weapons. Got it.
Last edited by Kyoufu; 02-27-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Bisnic
Really Really Exciting Member!
(02-27-2012, 02:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

So uh, how do you lower the cooldown of your biotics? No matter which weapon I use, I have a 21 second cooldown on Charge.

As far as i know, its the total number of guns you have on your character that affect the cooldowns, not just the one you're currently using.
Metalmurphy
Banned
(02-27-2012, 02:51 PM)

edit: nvm, demo forces you to carry multiple weapons. Got it.

It doesn't?
Kyoufu
(02-27-2012, 02:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Metalmurphy

It doesn't?

How do you drop them?
shinobi602
Banned
(02-27-2012, 02:57 PM)
Come on guys, are the shirtless pics real?
ScreenSplitter
Banned
(02-27-2012, 02:58 PM)
Preordered my copy on ShopTo! YEEEEEEAAAAH.

Anybody had experience with ShopTo?

Heard they're generally very good.
EatChildren
Chico = Quiet
(02-27-2012, 02:59 PM)
So despite my whining earlier, I now realise why my ME2 face code creates a completely different looking character in the ME3 demo; the code itself isn't correct, and won't be for any ME1 imported Shepard.

Seems like it's common knowledge, but I didn't know. Any face code appearing from a ME1 imported Shepard's ME2 profile is just one for a preset face, and not at all accurate to where the custom sliders are. Found a website you can use to generate a mostly accurate code, popped it into the ME3 demo, and the face looks much closer to what I originally had.

Still not perfect, but that appears to be a ME3 problem.
MikeE21286
(02-27-2012, 03:07 PM)

How do you drop them?

you pre-allocate your inventory before you begin your mission.

You can carry only one if you want.

edit: not sure if we're talking MP or SP portion of the demo here, so I might be talking out of my ass :p
Metalmurphy
Banned
(02-27-2012, 03:08 PM)

How do you drop them?

On the Weapons menu, just choose the weapon you don't want and go all the way to the left.
Coxswain
(02-27-2012, 03:14 PM)

I didn't re-customize mine and I had face codes each time I imported it.

It's very strange that you have a face code. When you import a face from ME1 into ME2, it's not recreated in the ME2 editor at all - it directly imports the morph file from ME1, which is basically the raw vertices that make up the shape of your character's face. It's not compatible with the ME2 (and presumably ME3) customization sliders at all.

Have you actually checked to see whether it corresponds to your character's face? Sometimes if you start customizing from scratch, then back out and just take your imported face, then a code will display, but it doesn't correspond to the face that your Shepard actually has - it corresponds to whatever you had the customization settings at before you backed out of the customization screen.
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(02-27-2012, 03:21 PM)

Originally Posted by EatChildren

So despite my whining earlier, I now realise why my ME2 face code creates a completely different looking character in the ME3 demo; the code itself isn't correct, and won't be for any ME1 imported Shepard.

Seems like it's common knowledge, but I didn't know. Any face code appearing from a ME1 imported Shepard's ME2 profile is just one for a preset face, and not at all accurate to where the custom sliders are. Found a website you can use to generate a mostly accurate code, popped it into the ME3 demo, and the face looks much closer to what I originally had.

Still not perfect, but that appears to be a ME3 problem.

I imagine it'll be accurate (as it is in ME2 when imported from ME1) when imported via the ME2-ME3 import utility.

Originally Posted by Coxswain

It's very strange that you have a face code. When you import a face from ME1 into ME2, it's not recreated in the ME2 editor at all - it directly imports the morph file from ME1, which is basically the raw vertices that make up the shape of your character's face. It's not compatible with the ME2 (and presumably ME3) customization sliders at all.

Have you actually checked to see whether it corresponds to your character's face? Sometimes if you start customizing from scratch, then back out and just take your imported face, then a code will display, but it doesn't correspond to the face that your Shepard actually has - it corresponds to whatever you had the customization settings at before you backed out of the customization screen.

Yes I've checked the code and it corresponds quite accurately to what my imported Shepard looks like if used from scratch apart from hair color. I don't recall if I did any "mid-customization backing out" before picking the imported face (it's been 1.5-2 years) but I suppose that could be the reason I have face codes displaying in my three play-throughs to this day.
Last edited by Tunesmith; 02-27-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Kyoufu
(02-27-2012, 03:22 PM)

On the Weapons menu, just choose the weapon you don't want and go all the way to the left.

We're talking about single-player right?
Samara
(02-27-2012, 03:29 PM)

Originally Posted by shinobi602

Come on guys, are the shirtless pics real?

Yes they are. I don't know the details, but I saw some alternate costumes in my twitter feed.
Metalmurphy
Banned
(02-27-2012, 03:29 PM)

Ohh, no. Sorry, thought you were talking about MP. :P
Coxswain
(02-27-2012, 03:30 PM)

Unfortunately there's no weapon selection screen in the singleplayer portion of the demo. It's a really poor (SP) demo overall, between the multitude of problems with the intro/tutorial phase, and the majority of classes being useless in the second phase due to excessive cooldowns.

You really need to fire up the multiplayer component if you want to see how the combat is actually going to feel.
Bisnic
Really Really Exciting Member!
(02-27-2012, 03:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Samara

Yes they are. I don't know the details, but I saw some alternate costumes in my twitter feed.

The power of Bioware Social Network fans. I bet they're the ones who asked for both Shepard in underwears.
Metalmurphy
Banned
(02-27-2012, 03:31 PM)

Originally Posted by shinobi602

So those shirtless Shep pics are real and not some mod?

You really have to ask?
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(02-27-2012, 03:35 PM)
According to this you have to re-create your ME1 imported face regardless in ME3 (if you don't do the trickery described within).

http://fuckyeah-masseffect.tumblr.co...-face-into-me3
Tess3ract
Banned
(02-27-2012, 03:36 PM)
It's probably a cutscene that happens ~for the ladies~

:|
EatChildren
Chico = Quiet
(02-27-2012, 03:40 PM)

According to this you have to re-create your ME1 imported face regardless in ME3 (if you don't do the trickery described within).

http://fuckyeah-masseffect.tumblr.co...-face-into-me3

This is exactly what I did, and yeah, outside of the data that doesn't convert properly you end up with the most accurate code based import. I really like to see where the dev confirmed imports without a code wont work though. Not surprised, but I hadn't seen anything confirmed, just typical PR dancing around questions.
shinobi602
Banned
(02-27-2012, 03:42 PM)

You really have to ask?

Lol well yea, interesting. I'm wondering what the context would be for Shep to walk around without a shirt on with Ash o__O