• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Arc pistol is an ok weapon. I like putting people into stasis, then charge it and headshot everybody.

Arc pistol is an ok weapon. I like putting people into stasis, then charge it and headshot everybody.

I feel even against Geth it's useless.

Edit : also, I finally got the right pace with a salarian infiltrator and a widow. I was feeling like a god for 11 round and then I saw I was 100K and the second player was at 60k.

keit4

Banned
Ey GAF, what do you think about the Mattock? I'm equipping my salarian engineer with it because i don't have good sniper rifles. Do i have a better alternative?

Ey GAF, what do you think about the Mattock? I'm equipping my salarian engineer with it because i don't have good sniper rifles. Do i have a better alternative?

Mattock is my favorite AR. It's hard hitting, precise and powerfull. If you're good, you can spam that trigger and empty clip with amazing speed for devastating power.

It's only downside : very short clip. I like to put the extended mag, but all mods are doing fine. Just adjust with your play style : equip kickback mod, and scope for sniper effect, or extended barrel and percing mod for more raw power

rozay

Banned
It happened to me with the Vindicator. By the end of a very rapid fire it goes downward by the end of the mag.
09ded2ff9cffbed9.jpg

It happened to me with the Vindicator. By the end of a very rapid fire it goes downward by the end of the mag.

Yeah that's really odd... whenever I use the Vindicator it kicks up for me, so I needed to train myself to drift the RS downwards when using it (this is with the scope and damage mods). When using the stability mod V it was much more stable, but I still didn't notice a downward kick (haven't used it with Marksman or combined stability with the scope though).

With that said... I <3 the Vindicator.

What platform(s) are you playing on?

Yeah that's really odd... whenever I use the Vindicator it kicks up for me, so I needed to train myself to drift the RS downwards when using it (this is with the scope and damage mods). When using the stability mod V it was much more stable, but I still didn't notice a downward kick (haven't used it with Marksman or combined stability with the scope though).

With that said... I <3 the Vindicator.

What platform(s) are you playing on?

PS3. Kickback mod V + Scope V + hammer the trigger and the aim will go downward.

I'm yet to try on other guns with Marksman skill.

PS3. Kickback mod V + Scope V + hammer the trigger and the aim will go downward.

I'm yet to try on other guns with Marksman skill.

Yeah, sounds like lazy coding... instead of stabilizing the aim towards center with increased %, it seems like they just coded "point more downwards". Kinda indicative of the rest of the multiplayer experience in general actually, haha.... sigh.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
this assault rifle with grenades is hilariously bad. It's fun though.

also I learned how to butthead with Krogan properly.

Yeah, sounds like lazy coding... instead of stabilizing the aim towards center with increased %, it seems like they just coded "point more downwards". Kinda indicative of the rest of the multiplayer experience in general actually, haha.... sigh.

I wish this could apply to the Hurricane !

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Argh Premium Spectre packs have given me nothing but crap. 2 Krogan Soldier cards and 2 Revenant upgrades and a whole bunch of character training.

Mindlog

Argh Premium Spectre packs have given me nothing but crap. 2 Krogan Soldier cards and 2 Revenant upgrades and a whole bunch of character training.
I just got a Talon. Neat, but I don't understand why I would ever use it. Aside from that the only positives from the PSPacks are massive upgrades to my Carnifax and Widow. I am definitely pleased with that.

However, they should have timed this better. If the Gold challenge this weekend pans out then I may end up running low on supplies. A supply pack would have been great this weekend.

Speaking of; http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/05/operation-beachhead/
Allied forces have matched krogan mercs and batarians with asari justicars for unconventional warfare. Their mission: to create resistance on Reaper-occupied planets to tie down local Reapers.

All N7 Forces will receive a +25% Experience Bonus for participating in Operations in any Theatre of War against any foe. Good Luck!

Operation Beachhead is here, the next N7 Multiplayer Weekend!

Last weekend the community rallied to promote a record breaking 350,000k+ operatives in the field. This weekend Operation Beachhead will run from 6PM PST Thursday April 5th, to 5AM PST Tuesday April 10th on Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3.

Please remember to set &#8220;Upload Gameplay Feedback&#8221; to &#8220;on&#8221; in the online options to be able to participate in Operation Beachhead.

See you on the Battlefield!
weird. Stealth introduction of new classes? Premium Spectre Packs make a little more sense in that case.
+25% XP bonus for players this weekend. PS3 included.

It's possible that they changed this weekened's objective while they work on the pack exploit.

V

Omega

Banned
What's the store exploit? I feel like I accidentally did that because everytime I logged on I had a victory pack waiting for me.

I read the first sentence and was like oh nice, multiplayer DLC. Then they just go on to announce 25% EXP. Cool..I guess?

darthbob

EDIT: ^

I wonder if it was meant to be something else and they had to postpone it due to the store exploit.

I would be content with them doing this regularly. Last week was objective based, this week is extra XP, next week objective, then another extra XP week, so on and so forth.

Level 20's should get a 25% increase of credits received or something. Wishful thinking.

full extraction should give a little money and not just exp, once wave 10 is cleared you might as well all go die to end it quicker.

It sucks a little bit that leveling up is fast for multiplayer if you complete a few good silver runs, more needs to be done with it really.

If that image is real, I wonder what skills the Batarian Soldier/Sentinel will have. I just hope they add something good for the Solider at least. Such a weak class!

playing with random people sucks :-/ cant even finish bronze challenges. ugh..

Whoa -- are you serious? Bronze is really, really easy if you know what you're doing. Hell, just take a Krogan Sentinel into Bronze and you can melee the whole map without coming close to dying.

The people you're playing with must *REALLY* be bad. :D

Whoa -- are you serious? Bronze is really, really easy if you know what you're doing. Hell, just take a Krogan Sentinel into Bronze and you can melee the whole map without coming close to dying.

The people you're playing with must *REALLY* be bad. :D

I dont know what it is today but, i've only been able to finish two bronze challenges out of like five or six. people leave during the game or they dont revive you. its bad. lol I'm not the best player out there but, I hold my own.
Most of the people I played with have a pretty high N7 rank so I was surprised. they must not be taking it that seriously with bronze challenges. :-/

I'll have to do what you suggested. I was trying to level up my solider I just promoted.

I dont know what it is today but, i've only been able to finish two bronze challenges out of like five or six. people leave during the game or they dont revive you. its bad. lol I'm not the best player out there but, I hold my own.
Most of the people I played with have a pretty high N7 rank so I was surprised. they must not be taking it that seriously with bronze challenges. :-/

I'll have to do what you suggested. I was trying to level up my solider I just promoted.

I played a Krogan Sentinel on Bronze and tore up the map with Melee kills since you can practically one-shot every enemy and your health/shield is high enough to give you time to go into rage mode. Really, really fun, but definitely the kind of strategy you can only really use on Bronze.

I played a Krogan Sentinel on Bronze and tore up the map with Melee kills since you can practically one-shot every enemy and your health/shield is high enough to give you time to go into rage mode. Really, really fun, but definitely the kind of strategy you can only really use on Bronze.

Alright cool. Thanks for the tip. Do you have any tips on what weapons to use with a human solider class? Right now Im using the Mattock with the scope and magazine upgrade mods. and the tempest with the magazine upgrade and heatsink mods.

Alright cool. Thanks for the tip. Do you have any tips on what weapons to use with a human solider class? Right now Im using the Mattock with the scope and magazine upgrade mods. and the tempest with the magazine upgrade and heatsink mods.

My advice is switch to a different class -- haha! No, seriously: The Soldier class is arguably the worst in the game, so you're better off choosing something different.

But to answer your question: Mattock is a good gun for the solider to use.

My advice is switch to a different class -- haha! No, seriously: The Soldier class is arguably the worst in the game, so you're better off choosing something different.

But to answer your question: Mattock is a good gun for the solider to use.

Ah ok, I didn't know that. lol What class do you recommend to use?

Depends on what races you have unlocked. But here's my favorites:

Adept: Asari/Drell -- both are super fun to play...Asari is great for crowd control (stasis bubble) and biotic explosions (warp --> throw) while Drells are great for biotic exploding like mad (pull --> reeve)

Engineer: Human/Salarian -- humans are good for spamming overload (chain it) and incinerate for armored foes. Salarians are invaluable on Gold because of their decoy.

Infiltrators: Salarian/Quarian -- Looove my Salarian infiltrator...cloak --> energy drain --> snipe.

Krogan Sentinel: Melee the FUCK out of everything! Unless you're on Silver or higher. Then play it cool. ;)

I'm sure others can chime in with their favorites.

rozay

Banned
Try a human sentinel. Max throw first, then warp, don't really worry about tech armor. Use throw on everything and use warp then then throw on tougher(armored) enemies for biotic explosions.

What other weapons/classes do you have aside from the default weapons and humans?

Depends on what races you have unlocked. But here's my favorites:

Adept: Asari/Drell -- both are super fun to play...Asari is great for crowd control (stasis bubble) and biotic explosions (warp --> throw) while Drells are great for biotic exploding like mad (pull --> reeve)

Engineer: Human/Salarian -- humans are good for spamming overload (chain it) and incinerate for armored foes. Salarians are invaluable on Gold because of their decoy.

Infiltrators: Salarian/Quarian -- Looove my Salarian infiltrator...cloak --> energy drain --> snipe.

Krogan Sentinel: Melee the FUCK out of everything! Unless you're on Silver or higher. Then play it cool. ;)

I'm sure others can chime in with their favorites.

Try a human sentinel. Max throw first, then warp, don't really worry about tech armor. Use throw on everything and use warp then then throw on tougher(armored) enemies for biotic explosions.

What other weapons/classes do you have aside from the default weapons and humans?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Here is what I have unlocked so far:

Adept - Everyone
Solider - Humans and Turian
Engineer - Humans
Sentinel - Humans and Krogan
Infiltrator - Humans and Quarian
Vanguard - Everyone

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Someone said the guy who leaked that multiplayer DLC is the same guy who often finds out Steam releases before they're announced based on server entries, but I'm pretty sure it's fake. If real I don't see why we wouldn't have screenshots leaked.

I'd love it to be real though. No playable Geth was disappointing, and Batarians would be really neat too.

Still haven't gotten a commendation pack yet...

Try contacting EA support. I did with the first commendation pack and explained the situation (via email) and within 24 hours they had added it to my account.

Woo-Fu

Banned
No point in contacting EA support, I already did it for everybody who hasn't gotten a commendation pack yet. You're not getting it until they fix the multiple pack bug/exploit. The people who took advantage of it got multiple packs, those of us who didn't got nothing. Have a nice day.

But hey, we can go over this every page of the thread instead of just once. :)

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/10987298

Hi all,

Wanted to give an update about the fix for the exploit. We have a fix for the issue but it needs lots of testing. We will grant the Commendation Pack for Operation Raptor next week after the fix goes live.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Anyone got some weird lagging issues when playing krogan sentinels(or maybe krogans in general?). 3 times i end up with some weird lag where i cant hurt or kill any target until i get killed, and where for some reason i see the extraction shuttle stuck at the extraction point before we even get to the last wave... its weird.

Top Bottom