• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Anyone still awaiting their Victory/Commendation packs? I have yet to receive either! I couldn't even get into MP on Friday but now I can get in but I haven't received my packs so am a bit lost. Is there any help available?

Samara

Reegar shotgun sound fucking awesome. I mean "just like that electric heavy weapon, cool!"
Yeah, until you realize its just garbage and barely does any damage, thanks again Spectre pack.

edit: wtf this dude had a whip

ScrubJay

Salarian Infiltrator I unlocked in the first week : /

Meanwhile I only got Asari adept a couple weeks ago and now I have skin tone unlocked on her.

Krysae makes everything easy. Getting high scores without much effort. Went from last in Wave 3 (15k difference in points) to no.1 in 7th and ended with 30k difference after extraction.

Packs are "too random". There are Human Soldiers in mah PSP!!!!

Maybe it's less random if you buy them with space-bucks
if so, then FU Bioware

Ji66a-Man

Balance Changes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 5, 2012

Eagle Heavy Pistol
- Damage increased from [67.0-83.8] to [74.9-93.7]
- Clip size increased from 18 to 24
- Spare ammo increased from [180-225] to [192-240]

Harrier Assault Rifle
- Encumbrance increased from [1.75-1.0] to [1.75-1.25]

Xevren

Balance Changes
June 5, 2012

Eagle Heavy Pistol

Harrier Assault Rifle

But everyone said the Krysae was going to get nerfed! Glad to see they're looking at the Eagle, but they really aren't putting much into the balance changes anymore.

Cobra84

But everyone said the Krysae was going to get nerfed! Glad to see they're looking at the Eagle, but they really aren't putting much into the balance changes anymore.

I'd love to see them do a real balance change. I really don't like being handicapped because certain powers, classes, and weapons are just awful.

It's too bad that Bioware doesn't want to nerf infiltrators like they should and instead want to further unbalance the game by giving them overpowered crap like the Geth infiltrator and Krysae.

The Harrier was already a middling weapon. Baffled.

It had to be nerfed. It made soldiers 45% as useful as infiltrators instead of 40%.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Balance Changes
June 5, 2012

Eagle Heavy Pistol

Harrier Assault Rifle
Until the Eagle fires full-auto, charged Arc Pistol rounds, I have no fucks to give.

Reece

Krysae makes everything easy. Getting high scores without much effort. Went from last in Wave 3 (15k difference in points) to no.1 in 7th and ended with 30k difference after extraction.

Packs are "too random". There are Human Soldiers in mah PSP!!!!

Maybe it's less random if you buy them with space-bucks
if so, then FU Bioware

I used space-bucks once. Doesn't seem less random at all. Never again, got nothing good.

Xevren

Definitely seems like they changed the matchmaking to the way it was, or something worse to troll me. Every silver or even gold match had lvl 1 players that just struggled really badly all night. Damn tonight was bad, gonna stop playing for a wee bit...

Mindlog

I just had two really great Gold games. We had an impromptu speed run going on Cerberus/Glacier, but unfortunately one of the players crashed.

I approve matchmaking robot. For now.

Definitely seems like they changed the matchmaking to the way it was, or something worse to troll me. Every silver or even gold match had lvl 1 players that just struggled really badly all night. **** tonight was bad, gonna stop playing for a wee bit...

Hi,

We made other changes to our matchmaking system today during the server maintenance and we expect a much better experience now.

To clarify what is a matchmaking system:
- When you select "Quick Match" the matchmaking system is responsible for putting you in a lobby or an ongoing match according to your selections (map, enemy type, difficulty) and other criteria (i.e.: ping).
- Matchmaking system is not responsible for connection issues during the match or extractions.

Yup.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Why do people fail so much in the "recover bag" objective on GGW? No one tried to protect me, they just camped in their little spot until they all died. People on Silver understand that better than them.

exYle

You know, the Krysae doesn't really need a nerf. Outside of infantry, it really stutters; I find it impossible to take down Atlases and Banshees by myself.

Replicant

It's too bad that Bioware doesn't want to nerf infiltrators like they should and instead want to further unbalance the game by giving them overpowered crap like the Geth infiltrator and Krysae.

c0Nqd.gif

Tsukumo

Tried spamming vet packs for mods, got 4 Turian soldiers.

:'(

Happened the same to me. They don't seem to follow the rule of other unlocks (popping up when everything else has already been unlocked) but on the other hand I got a veteran pack with an uncommon permanent mod and a rare permanent mod. Anyway, at the moment I'm buying only veteran packs and I keep getting mods in a steady fashion. Maybe it's just me but I think that once you unlock your first permanent mod the frequency of mod drops climbs up...
and they go for just 20k so...

Dreamer RD

Shit, there are so much fucking retarded assholes on PS3. 3 games in a row where some worthless shitbags refuse to use medi gel whey they die like pitiful worms during first 3 waves and on hacking mission. Then quit after that.

Remember their fucking names

hurlyne
zvhew96
Tuktuk55

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You know, the Krysae doesn't really need a nerf. Outside of infantry, it really stutters; I find it impossible to take down Atlases and Banshees by myself.

What level is yours at?

I LOVE taking down boss enemies with it. The splash damage alone will lay down the entire mob before it even gets close. If you throw on AP or Warp rounds, just laugh.

There is no reason that gun should have a 3 round clip, allow AP/Shredder mods, or be as lightweight as it is.

exYle

What level is yours at?

I LOVE taking down boss enemies with it. The splash damage alone will lay down the entire mob before it even gets close. If you throw on AP or Warp rounds, just laugh.

There is no reason that gun should have a 3 round clip, allow AP/Shredder mods, or be as lightweight as it is.

Level 1, which I suppose is my problem. Still, though, with Sniper Damage 3 and AP 2 rounds, an Atlas still takes practically my entire ammo bank to kill on Gold.

Sai

Operation Mastiff

Allied Goal: Complete 100K retrieval missions.
Personal Goal: Extraction on Silver difficulty with one squad member of the Rebellion Pack classes: Vorcha, Phoenix Project Defectors, or Quarian Male.
Special Circumstance: None.

Completion of the personal goal awards that player a Commendation Pack.
Completion of the Allied goal awards all players a Victory Pack that has a guaranteed N7 weapon.

Bisnic

I wonder if they will ever have the guts to do a personal goal of "Full extraction with Gold Reapers."

Bisnic

When does this start? Is it also applicable to PS3 users too?

It does sound like an easy feat to accomplish truth be told. Oh well.

The only hard part is having one of these new characters if you've been unlucky so far. It would have been a harder objective if it asked for an extraction with each new characters.

Cat Party

With the bump to the Eagle, it looks to have become a usable weapon. It's an AR disguised as a pistol, and at rank I it is better than an Avenger X or Phaeston X in terms of damage from emptying the clip. Before the bump, it couldn't match the Phaeston X.

Stantron

"Extraction on Silver difficulty with one squad member of the Rebellion Pack classes" Goddamn, not sure I'm good enough to complete this one, guys.

Bioware should go back to weekly operations. Or add in extra challenging mission requirements for a bonus commendation pack.

rozay

Banned
I wonder if they will ever have the guts to do a personal goal of "Full extraction with Gold Reapers."
When they set the goal as completing a gold match the lobbies were filled with people who had no idea what they were doing, so hopefully not for a long time.

My Krogan Soldier has 1200 health, 1600 shield, fortification set for more shield protection, and a +10% shield equipment. And yet it seems like I go down in gold almost as fast as any other low health/shield class. Seems kind of pointless. Also, rank 6 carnage spec'ed for damage barely makes a scratch on enemies. :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_08GDp2mbE

Top Bottom