• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Lockon

Been playing a lot and its a lot of fun if people work together. Love Engineer...lvl 17 with it now. Wish I would unlock Engineer Quarian already :/

I'm playing now if anyone want to play together. Origin: Lockon02

RS4-

Goddamn, sucks getting killed by the damn ninjas in wave 9 and onward

edit - 3 veteran packs later, still no characters. 2 sniper rifles though!

Alucrid

Banned
Goddamn, sucks getting killed by the damn ninjas in wave 9 and onward

edit - 3 veteran packs later, still no characters. 2 sniper rifles though!
I guess I got lucky getting a character in the free pack they give you. Any word on whether or not this stuff carries over?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Had a lot of fun with the MP last night. My very first match with randoms we had a fantastic team, beat the whole mission fairly easily. That was the only time last night that I beat the whole mission. :p

I love Vanguard for the rush move. I upgraded it all the way and you can tear people apart.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
PC here, is anyone else unable to assign powers to their shortcut bar? I'm trying to click and drag them like ME1 and 2 and nothing's happening. Is there a new way to get them on there?

The hotbar is broken. It's fucking irritating.

exYle

Man, I'm tired of still being stuck with my human characters. I've bought at least three or four veteran packs by now.

rozay

Banned
Is there anyone here that hasn't used the facebook app to get MP access? All of my friends that play have already been "recruited" and it won't let me get access :( please send me a PM if so

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, I'm tired of still being stuck with my human characters. I've bought at least three or four veteran packs by now.

I just want a Drell Vanguard *cry*

Is there anyone here that hasn't used the facebook app to get MP access? All of my friends that play have already been "recruited" and it won't let me get access :( please send me a PM if so

Are you playing on PC? If so, you can actually just join a friend's game through Origin and you'll get access to MP. That's how my roommate and a buddy of mine got in. They just joined my game via Origin and got in.

rozay

Banned

Are you playing on PC? If so, you can actually just join a friend's game through Origin and you'll get access to MP. That's how my roommate and a buddy of mine got in. They just joined my game via Origin and got in.
xbox :(

literally all that has to be done is we friend each other (i'm not using my normal fb account so we don't have to stay friends lmao), I "recruit" you and you respond and link your origin account to the fb app, then I (or both of us if you don't already have it) gain access.

I would be eternally grateful to anyone willing to help. Also, it won't work if you already have the recruitment app on your facebook it seems.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I don't get it, I have the demo on 360 and I keep getting error messages saying "I am not authorized for online portions of demo".

Can someone explain? Hell, I mostly just want my Amalur unlocks at this point.

JambiBum

xbox :(

literally all that has to be done is we friend each other (i'm not using my normal fb account so we don't have to stay friends lmao), I "recruit" you and you respond and link your origin account to the fb app, then I (or both of us if you don't already have it) gain access.

I would be eternally grateful to anyone willing to help. Also, it won't work if you already have the recruitment app on your facebook it seems.

Do you have a link to the app?

I don't get it, I have the demo on 360 and I keep getting error messages saying "I am not authorized for online portions of demo".

Can someone explain? Hell, I mostly just want my Amalur unlocks at this point.

Multiplayer is only available to people who have purchased Battlefield 3 and activated its online pass currently. On Friday it will open up to the masses.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Multiplayer is only available to people who have purchased Battlefield 3 and activated its online pass currently. On Friday it will open up to the masses.

Lol. Thirty online passes I have linked(some for two skus across different platforms!)and the one goddamn game I DON'T buy from EA locks me out.

ruimound

Are we sure that those are all of the abilities? I'm sure I saw a Drell Vanguard use Nova in one of the trailers.

All the same, I plan on playing a Drell Vanguard.

GAF: Ruimound

Live: Ruimond

Mindlog

I let someone play to buy me a ton of packages, but still no drell vanguard. Actually still NO aliens.

Human sentinel is very effective. Shoot, shoot throw. Now my warp is reaching usable recharge rates. My throw is recharging under 2 seconds and warp is under 3 iirc.

That's who I got in my first standard crate, and let me tell you he's fucking awesome. Cluster grenades are so boss, racks up the kills. I use the primarily use the Viper II sniper.

So what do people think of the random aspect of obtaining characters? I can see both sides of it. Some people will be pissed they can't choose the character they want immediately. But on the flip side, there's almost a slot machine motivation there. You never know what you're going to get, so you might play more in order to get the payout you want. Definitely a different approach than most multiplayer games.

daedalius

When do I get the rifle you use in the 2nd mission of the single player demo, that is all I want to know.

The standard rifle is zzzzzzzzz

Mindlog

When do I get the rifle you use in the 2nd mission of the single player demo, that is all I want to know.

The standard rifle is zzzzzzzzz
It's a random item. I was using it, but then I got a level 3 (sigh) Avenger. It's lighter which is all I care about.

If I ever get a pistol scope I'm probably just using that.

exYle

So what do people think of the random aspect of obtaining characters? I can see both sides of it. Some people will be pissed they can't choose the character they want immediately. But on the flip side, there's almost a slot machine motivation there. You never know what you're going to get, so you might play more in order to get the payout you want. Definitely a different approach than most multiplayer games.

The problem with it is that there is no standard, reliable way of obtaining characters, either. I'm a level 12 Adept (among other characters) and yet, I don't even have the human female, let alone the the Asari (what I want) or the Drell. I would figure by level 10, I'd have at least one other character.

The problem with it is that there is no standard, reliable way of obtaining characters, either. I'm a level 12 Adept (among other characters) and yet, I don't even have the human female, let alone the the Asari (what I want) or the Drell. I would figure by level 10, I'd have at least one other character.

It's sorta surprising they didn't also give you the option to purchase characters for ridiculous prices. 20k for a veteran pack, but maybe 200k for a specific character of your choosing.

exYle

It's sorta surprising they didn't also give you the option to purchase characters for ridiculous prices. 20k for a veteran pack, but maybe 200k for a specific character of your choosing.

Maybe not 200k, but around 50k. Of course, I would still prefer level caps given that the max level per MP character is 20

rozay

Banned
early access get!

What's the best class to start with? I don't want to play soldier and I love playing vanguard but I don't want to be the idiot charging and dying because I'm not used to ME3's charging animation.

thetrin

It's a bit like playing a CCG and buying a booster pack in the store. I fucking love it.

early access get!

What's the best class to start with? I don't want to play soldier and I love playing vanguard but I don't want to be the idiot charging and dying because I'm not used to ME3's charging animation.

Yeah, I stayed away from Vanguard for now. Mostly because human vanguards don't get pull.

I went with Sentinel. It's a great first choice if you like biotics. Especially because human sentinels get Warp and Pull.

The idea needs to be taken out back and shot.

Level 19 Soldier, brought a shitload of crates of each kind and I still haven't got a new assault rifle, and barely any mods for it.

I've also unlocked something like 3 characters, and 1 new weapon. It's such terrible RNG. It doesn't make me want to play more, it makes me want to quit in disgust.

Mindlog

early access get!

Sentinel or Adept.
Just get rid of your sidearem and with a rifle your recharge should be around %130.

I maxed throw on my sentinel first. Now I might work on warp. Max throw is enough to do a lot of damage.

Adept is just flinging singularities everywhere and then exploding them.

*I hate the lottery model. It's a stupid mechanic meant to keep people playing/carrot on a stick. I would play this game without treats scattered around as if I were a dog training to sniff for hash. Also just heard that someone got a Drell Vanguard in their starter pack. ...

Complistic

I asked in the other thread but this one might be better, any way to get all my abilities to show up on the hot bar in multiplayer? You can't drag and drop.

scarybore

I hate the lottery model. It's a stupid mechanic meant to keep people playing/carrot on a stick. I would play this game without treats scattered around as if I were a dog training to sniff for hash. Also just heard that someone got a Drell Vanguard in their starter pack. ...

I got the Drell Vanguard in my starter pack on the 360, but haven't got a single alien race on the pc after 10 hours. Meanwhile, my mate is flaunting his Turian Sentinel that he got in his starter pack so yeah, the lottery is frustrating to put it mildly.

*I hate the lottery model. It's a stupid mechanic meant to keep people playing/carrot on a stick.

Couldn't the same be said for all games with multiplayer progression unlocks? Sure, you know when you're going to get the MP7 in MW3, but it's still a carrot on a stick.

I kinda like the idea of the randomness of this system (Note: I haven't actually played ME3 multiplayer yet, so it's likely I'll be frustrated with no aliens after a dozen veteran packs.)

JambiBum

early access get!

Do you have a link to that recruitment app for facebook?

Mindlog

Couldn't the same be said for all games with multiplayer progression unlocks? Sure, you know when you're going to get the MP7 in MW3, but it's still a carrot on a stick.
Yes, and I do. I am not a fan of multiplayer unlocks in general.

Oddly, I don't have too much of a problem with progression. I'm fine with slowly building my sentinel. It's a fine line.

Has anyone taken a close look at the value of recruit/veteran packs. So far it seems like buying 4 recruit packs will net more useful stuff than 1 veteran pack.

thetrin

Yeah, I haven't gotten a single character yet :(

So far I've only gotten weapon mods and upgrades. I have sniper rifle and Avenger III.

Meanwhile, my roommate got a Lvl 3 Salarian Infiltrator in his starter pack. :(

Couldn't the same be said for all games with multiplayer progression unlocks?

Some do it much better than others, and all the ones I can think of give the user an element of control over what they get and/or how fast they get it.

The ME3 system is just frustrating because I have no control over it. Players have gotten a weapon in the starting pack that I'm still looking for after a nonsensical number of crates.

The lottery analogy seems very apt actually... the chances of getting the item you're after seem to be almost 0...

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

you have to recruited to play online?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's who I got in my first standard crate, and let me tell you he's fucking awesome. Cluster grenades are so boss, racks up the kills. I use the primarily use the Viper II sniper.

I think I have the same class, and in the demo at level 5 they seem really weak. I got downed TWICE because their shields are poor and the shotgun default sucks.

Switched to Assault Rifle, hopefully that's better.

Top Bottom