• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Game to be announced next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
guys look just because japan invented time travel because they're ~10 years ahead of us technology wise doesn't mean tomorrow is sunday you can't change that.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
guys look just because japan invented time travel because they're ~10 years ahead of us technology wise doesn't mean tomorrow is sunday you can't change that.

For you, this may have been the most important post of your GAF membership. But for Japan... it was Sunday.

Suairyu

Banned
For you, this may have been the most important post of your GAF membership. But for Japan... it was Sunday.
i thought a moment ago it was currently saturday in Japan and tomorrow was sunday? o ho ho you'll have to get your story straight if you want to catch me out!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
My problem with those arguments is that there's bias.

Apparently slime is "better thought out" than a garbage bag.

i thought a moment ago it was currently saturday in Japan and tomorrow was sunday? o ho ho you'll have to get your story straight if you want to catch me out!
Well, it's rather complicated. These things fluctuate.
jbx3a2VZCrzvOc.jpg

Davey Cakes

My problem with those arguments is that there's bias.

Apparently slime is "better thought out" than a garbage bag.
That wasn't my argument. I was saying that slime was simple in its badness, and that if anything it was the garbage bag that's more thought out (and worse for it).

Additionally, Grimer is at least grounded in a slime monster logic. Like a slug but less cohesive. Trubbish is literally a garbage bag. I understand that "out there" Pokemon have always existed but to me it's pretty obvious when the stupidity line is crossed.

I'm not trying to put Gen 1 on a pedestal. I'm just voicing my concern that, even though this franchise has been around for years, they're fine with just "throwing stuff out there" for the sake of upping the Pokemon count and justifying a new region with every game.

udivision

Because that wouldn't be news? We already know about it.

I mean, will you be going into this year's E3 expecting Nintendo to announce their next-generation console?

Didn't this happen with Pokepark 2 and the last Myster Dungeon game? We knew about it from a different source before they debuted it on the show?

Has Pokenoba been shown on the show for that matter?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I feel like i'm gonna be dissapointed D:

What usually happens is that they announce something will happen on Pokemon Sunday/Smash out of the blue, then when it happens it's only an announcement of something, then the week (or more) after that is when they do a big reveal, then a week (or more) after that they have some actual footage. All the while CoroCoro either leads them or follows them on announcing things, before CoroCoro pulls ahead and dishes the big megatons.

So basically be prepared for some name dropping or some silhouettes.

I know you're mostly joking, but Game Freak has nothing to do with Mystery Dungeon :p

D'oh. Right you are. This makes it all the more likely that it'll be something "proper" then! Yay!

If it isn't a mainstream game...

Things that I would love;
Pokemon Snap 3D
Pokemon Pinball 3D (eShop)

Things I would be okay with;
Stadium style, no exploration RPG
Pokemon TCG 3D
Pokemon Puzzle League 3D

Things that... no, just why?
Hey You Pikachu 3D
Pokepark 3D

Did I miss anything?

Refugio

Didn't this happen with Pokepark 2 and the last Myster Dungeon game? We knew about it from a different source before they debuted it on the show?

Has Pokenoba been shown on the show for that matter?

Yeah it was on last week didn't you watch

D'oh. Right you are. This makes it all the more likely that it'll be something "proper" then! Yay!

If it isn't a mainstream game...

Things that I would love;
Pokemon Snap 3D
Pokemon Pinball 3D (eShop)

Things I would be okay with;
Stadium style, no exploration RPG
Pokemon TCG 3D
Pokemon Puzzle League 3D

Things that... no, just why?
Hey You Pikachu 3D
Pokepark 3D

Did I miss anything?

Kingler's Day

Something like that would be so awesome, take the 4 move layout but have it in real time and more skill based.

(not that Pokemon doesnt take skill but you get what I mean)

Might be interesting for those of us who wish the series to take a slightly different direction, but PokePurists would shit their PokePants.

Delio

What usually happens is that they announce something will happen on Pokemon Sunday/Smash out of the blue, then when it happens it's only an announcement of something, then the week (or more) after that is when they do a big reveal, then a week (or more) after that they have some actual footage. All the while CoroCoro either leads them or follows them on announcing things, before CoroCoro pulls ahead and dishes the big megatons.

So basically be prepared for some name dropping or some silhouettes.

Yeah I was around for the HG/SS hinting and the B/W announcements. I just worry we wont get anything at all.

botty

Banned
Pokemon doesn't need to change its formula, that's what the spin-off series are for. If you want to kick butt with pikachu in real time, buy smash brothers.

Tell us more. Even if it's fake it's nice to read that stuff.

>Pokemon Earth Ruby and Sea Sapphire
>4,800 Yen >Planned for release in Q3 2012, Worldwide release by the end of Q1 2013. I expect will be launch in September once more.
>Nintendo 3DS Exclusive: the game world remains top down but all models are 3D, this includes Pokemon and environments.
>We are carrying over all of the wireless features from B/W and implimenting StreetPass and SpotPass support. Promotional Pokemon will be distributed via SpotPass, Pokemon can be auto-traded via StreetPass, AR Battles.
>StreetPass Arena: Players can set a team of six Pokemon to be autobattled via StreetPass with other opponents. The winner will receive a rare item.
>Pokemon that are met via StreetPass will automatically enter the player's "seen" entries in the Pokedex.
>Isshu Frontier: After finishing the main game players can explore an Isshu-themed Battle Frontier. There are also a variety of wild Pokemon in this area that cannot be found anywhere else in the game.
>In-game Pokewalker: when the 3DS enters sleep mode, a Pokemon can be designated in the box to explore "Pokewalker" areas. We have taken the features of the Pokewalker and incorporated them into the game due to the 3DS' wireless features.
>All Pokemon are once again capable of following their trainers, similar to Yellow, Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Only one I could find in a hurry. Basically, reported Creatures Inc. employee tells us about an awesome sounding R/S remake exclusively for 3DS.

NOTE: This was put up two days after Masuada announced the... announcement. Takes away credence.
Though even if it's fake, there's nothing in that passage I don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom