• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Game to be announced next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was bored so...

bw3d.png

Hint: Cross your eyes.

Brings back memories of the old BW threads.

Neiteio

Actually, the way he deflected the question about the third version of Pokemon and said to watch Pokemon Smash for details does suggest a Gray/Grey announcement may be incoming. But as with anything "hyped," don't get your hopes up. It may just be the Extremespeed Pikachu, so roll with it!

upandaway

I'm shaking my head so hard right now it's like I'm trying to brush my teeth with air.

Still gonna follow the show and I'm still fucking expecting a game. You better deliver. Asshole. :(

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't even finished Pokemon Black yet - I'm at the elite 4 lol.

Still, I'd totally be up for a new Pokemon title on the 3DS.

Um.. guys...

"Today in Japan, Junichi Masuda revealed in the Pokémon Centre in Fukuoka that there is to be an upcoming Pikachu event. This event is to tie in with the new bullet train in Japan in Kyushu Shinkansen. This Pikachu, to go with the concept of the bullet train, is to know the special move; Extremespeed. Full details on this event are due to come on Monday"

From Serebii. ¬¬

That's not the reveal ;)

That's not the reveal.

If nothing else, further details aren't revealed on that until Monday.

Still likely a game.

Don't do this to me, GAF...

I'm inclined to think that's not it, since details wouldn't be available until Monday. But I could see it being something equally silly.

JazzmanZ

You guys know this wouldn't be the first time a third version went to a new system don't you?

Crystal went to the game boy color exclusively, where as Gold and Silver could be played on the gameboy or color version.

DarkWish

Wow, overreaction to the max here. Pokemon Smash hasn't aired yet, and as mentioned a few posts up, Masuda said it's not related. We still have a few hours to go until the actual announcement folks.

I think you mean the hype subway.
http://i.imgur.com/OZf5a.jpg[IMG]
[spoiler]Gigalith represents Team 3DS, Darmanitan represents Team DS and Axew is Team "it is actually a spinoff/event Pokemon"[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

If this some how turns into a fan art thread I want your head.

OMG Aero

If this some how turns into a fan art thread I want your head.
That is official artwork used to promote Black and White and by extension a hypothetical Grey version that may or may not be revealed today.
In the event of people posting fan art I plead not guilty.

RPGamer92

Banned
Um.. guys...

"Today in Japan, Junichi Masuda revealed in the Pokémon Centre in Fukuoka that there is to be an upcoming Pikachu event. This event is to tie in with the new bullet train in Japan in Kyushu Shinkansen. This Pikachu, to go with the concept of the bullet train, is to know the special move; Extremespeed. Full details on this event are due to come on Monday"

From Serebii. ¬¬
Would something like that be announced on a TV show?

Well shit. Today is the last day they are giving away Mewtwo and I'm 45 minutes away from my copy of Pokemon

Anyway I'm still hyped for Pokemon Gray, which has to be the announcement, or else I will go postal on someone

ffdgh

looks like pika DID get his gen 5 gift.........even tho its a tad late :p
458 atk light ball extreme speed is going to be so lulzy XD

clemenx

Banned
OZf5a.jpg

Gigalith represents Team 3DS, Darmanitan represents Team DS and Axew is Team "it is actually a spinoff/event Pokemon"

Is this official art? Such an awesome picture.

Oh and Extremespeed Pikachu is a megaton.

Wichu

I need mah ExtremeSpeed Pikachu.
Volt Tackle/Brick Break/ExtremeSpeed/? - Substitute maybe? Or something like Grass Knot for Grounds?

I want Game Freak to choose the option for in-battle visuals that will compromise best between speed and ease of animating and modeling. 3D would make sense, if the polygon count for the 3D Pokedex models was trimmed to an extent, and I don't think any "personality" would necessarily be compromised. The Pokemon themselves, for the most part, are a bit lacking in personality and crazy design to begin with—2D sprites for trainer art and portraits would be just fine, going up against polygonal Pokemon models. And for the overworld? I want to see them try voxel visuals, just to capture that old pixellated Pokemon game look.

And I'd laugh my ass off if all Masuda talked about was the new Pikachu, but at least we know it won't be happening quite like that for now.

TheOGB

Banned
OZf5a.jpg

Gigalith represents Team 3DS, Darmanitan represents Team DS and Axew is Team "it is actually a spinoff/event Pokemon"
Very fitting.

I wonder if this train will crash in the usual fantastic Nintendo hype train fashion

There's really no way it wouldn't

Wiseblade

I need mah ExtremeSpeed Pikachu.
Volt Tackle/Brick Break/ExtremeSpeed/? - Substitute maybe? Or something like Grass Knot for Grounds?

Sub seems best. I doubt Grass knot would do much without any investment, even with the Light ball boost.

OZf5a.jpg

See: whenever people claim that Ken Sugimori's art has deteriorated ever since the R/G/B days, it should be a duty to show them art like this, with great composition and stylization all around. His art certainly is a lot cleaner, but he's gotten more versatile and comfortable with displaying motion and dynamic images.

survivor

Banned
See: whenever people claim that Ken Sugimori's art has deteriorated ever since the R/G/B days, it should be a duty to show them art like this, with great composition and stylization all around. His art certainly is a lot cleaner, but he's gotten more versatile and comfortable with displaying motion and dynamic images.

Have they ever released a Ken Sugimori art book? I would buy it in a heartbeat. I love his style.

That's something they should do. You can find all of his official art online, and even a good deal of the art he did for the original Game Freak fanzine and other games, but to have it all consolidated into one place (including new concept art and liner notes from Ken and others at Game Freak)—that would be the most amazing gift ever.

wrowa

Is Sugimori still drawing Pokemon trading cards? I remember that back in the old days quite a few of the illustrations were by him

Neiteio

The most interesting scenario for Grey would be for it to be a 3DS-only title with battles that make use of the polygonal models in Pokedex 3D. A quick way to drive Pokemon fans to the 3DS, since not everyone bothers with the spinoffs (Rumble, etc).

Wichu

Is Sugimori still drawing Pokemon trading cards? I remember that back in the old days quite a few of the illustrations were by him

He just does all the official Pokémon art; they're often used on the cards. I'm not really a fan of this, as it seems a bit lazy - they just plonk the drawing onto a stock background. The art itself is pretty good.

Wichu

Sub seems best. I doubt Grass knot would do much without any investment, even with the Light ball boost.

I don't know whether it would be worth using over Sparky, my current Pikachu (Thunderbolt/Grass Knot/HP Ice/Substitute). I'll definitely give it a try, though.
Richie >>>>>>>>> Ash

EDIT: Crap, double post. This is what happens when I get distracted after I reply.

idwl

Okay I'm hoping for grey as much as anyone , but why would they reveal it on a tv show . Wouldn't it have been better for them to reveal it on nintendo direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom