• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.2.22 - Feb 22nd, 6AM EST [Over]

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Mario Tennis Open cover

9wb6d.jpg

First Western Cover with the Nintendo Network symbol

ant1532

Banned
gotta love nintendo fanboys. overhyped the shit out of this event last night.this morning, you all act like mario tennis news is awesome and what you expected to come out of it. acting like nothing happen. nice one guys. nice one.

gotta love nintendo fanboys. overhyped the shit out of this event last night.this morning, you all act like mario tennis news is awesome and what you expected to come out of it. acting like nothing happen. nice one guys. nice one.

Everyone here is just having fun. If you're going to come in here and be butthurt and disappointed at the news, be that "I told you so" guy, or act like you're genuinely concerned about other people's feelings and tell people to lower their expectations, then you just don't get it and need to stop going to videogame message boards.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Nintendo loves over-saturated boxarts.

Are you hurt, bro? It's all good fun for most of us, but I guess some bring unresolved problems to these boards.

Your post is a waste of time far greater than the ridiculousness that occurred last night.

Medalion

Banned
Yeah let's hype the real thing that matters, VITA amirite?

lol

Mario Tennis and Kid Icarus looked amazing

And am happy for those who have been begging for Last Story to be localized

Fantastical

Death Prophet

You're right! I WANNA PUNCH SOMETHING!! GRRRRRRR!! HOW COULD YOU REGGIE? IWATA YOU WILL REGRET THIS!!! MIYAMOTO THIS IS A STAB IN THE BACK!!!

Better?

DrWong

Everyone here is just having fun. If you're going to come in here and be butthurt and disappointed at the news, be that "I told you so" guy, or act like you're genuinely concerned about other people's feelings and tell people to lower their expectations, then you just don't get it and need to stop going to videogame message boards.

Yep. These Nintendo Direct are pure gold to build hype. And hype is fuel & fun for a videogame forum, for fanboyz it's hope and haters it''s fear. Hype momentum.

Wiseblade

Man, Bill Trinen might be a good translator, but he's not very good at interviews. He was no good at being the interviewer today and he's no good at being interviewed either, from what I've seen in the past. He looks like he is so on edge and about ready to snap and get mad at someone. If they're gong to do something like that in the future, they should get JC Rodrigo to do it. He's much better at this sort of thing.

Bill's been at the company for a long time, he's probably seen the ninjas at work.

What a cool dude, you sure have everyone figured out.

An online Nintendo tennis game is awesome news.

The 3DS is great but I haven't found that sports game to fill that genre's void.

qq more

gotta love your generalization. overacting the shit out of people just wanting to have good fun last night.tonight, you act like having fun is awful and you expected everyone to be dead serious. acting like there's no such thing as humor. nice one guy. nice one.

zroid

Banned
Man, Bill Trinen might be a good translator, but he's not very good at interviews. He was no good at being the interviewer today and he's no good at being interviewed either, from what I've seen in the past. He looks like he is so on edge and about ready to snap and get mad at someone. If they're gong to do something like that in the future, they should get JC Rodrigo to do it. He's much better at this sort of thing.

He's like that on Twitter too, it's amusing. He's a cool guy though.

Waluigi's absence is more delightful.

You will pay for your crimes.

Mario Tennis Open cover

9wb6dl.jpg

First Western Cover with the Nintendo Network symbol

Uh, what the hell's that symbol in the bottom right?

wrowa

If you had actually read the thread, you would have realized that as good as no one actually expected anything from this event. People were just kidding around.

I haven't checked out the interviews yet but I too have gotten the impression before that Bill is maybe kind of uptight and a bit of a stuffed shirt. I think it was before the Wii unveiling and Matt was live blogging of course, in one of the posts he made he said 'Bill Trinen is sitting a few rows ahead of us and I say "Come on, aren't you excited?" He just looks back and rolls his eyes at us.' Couldn't find the link but that's almost verbatim.

J@hranimo

Banned
As much as I like the color green, that Mario Tennis Open cover has too much green.

Glad I didn't hype the Direct videos too much either. Still the best thing out of the thread is the official GAF Nintendo Hype Train pic lol.

Thores

The weird thing is that Bill Trinen wasn't always like this in public. I remember 2005 (I think) and he demoed Electroplankton at GDC, he was upbeat and silly and sounded really excited about what he was showing off. And he'd have that same goofy energy when he would translate for Miyamoto in English interviews. The funny thing is back then, during the those interviews, whenever Trinen did the awkward charm thing and tried to joke around, Miyamoto was the one that would look annoyed. I think Bill's a nice guy, or was, he probably just got chewed out for being essentially the representative of one of the most famous men in gaming and treating it "unprofessionally". If that happened to me I'd probably turn into an angry robot too.

Top Bottom