• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

Tokubetsu

How did you do this Net_Wrecker, you couldn't just leave my time alone? ='(

I'm seriously like neck and neck with your ghost until around the 2/3rd mark and you gain those last two seconds on me. I'm gonna change my Amazon order to the 360 version. This isn't over Net_Wrecker. You wanted war, this is war.

Qasiel

My most anticipated OT! Looking good, SoulTron!

I'm really excited about this game and cannot wait to start hitting the slopes with some fellow GAFers! See you on the mountain!

I'm seriously like neck and neck with your ghost until around the 2/3rd mark and you gain those last two seconds on me. I'm gonna change my Amazon order to the 360 version. This isn't over Net_Wrecker. You wanted war, this is war.

Oh shiiiiiiiiii --

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Shit getting real on the demo. lol

SLV

I am somewhat confused, after looking at all the stuff on the US various retailers "bonuses", what about EU ? Will i get Eddy for example with my shopto pre-order, or is that some zavvi, GAME, exclusive crap in EU ? Somebody know anything about it ?

I'm looking forward to digging into this tonight. It's been far too long since I played an SSX game.

Ksjca.jpg

SLV

I am somewhat confused, after looking at all the stuff on the US various retailers "bonuses", what about EU ? Will i get Eddy for example with my shopto pre-order, or is that some zavvi, GAME, exclusive crap in EU ? Somebody know anything about it ?

OH MAI GAAAD !
I am getting slightly worried now, i am hoping that the person that answered is just not informed.

3mRn2.jpg

xxczx

GAME and Gamestation have Mt. Fuji, I think. They're the only ones with the 'limited edition' and stating Mt. Fuji pre-order bonus.

The website doesn't state it like the American site does :( http://www.ea.com/uk/ssx/buy

Nizz

Great OP and thread title :D Maybe hard to believe but I've never played an SSX game before. I'll be trying the PSN demo once Grace Chen decides to put it up.

Is the 360 demo gold-only or something? I went to the page but it's blank.

Edit: nevermind, checked the website, it is. MS can suck my balls. Guess I'll have to wait for it to go up on PSN later today.

Teknoman

Was it something like: SSX, SSX Tricky, SSX3, SSX On Tour...and I really don't know much of anything past that.

Yup thats it.

Probably going to end up getting it on PS3 since i'm used to those controls for SSX...but trying out the 360 demo since its the only one available today.

First world problems and all that, but i've gotta figure out how to better organize time between MP titles (also been eyeing Twisted Metal).

XenoRaven

Haven't played an SSX game since the original, but long story short I'm really excited for this game. Loving the demo right now! Looking forward to seeing how high I can get on the GAF leaderboards.

Tunic

Downloading the demo right now! I loved playing the previous games and excited to see what they have come up with now. Not sure if I will buy it right away though with so many games upcoming but I'll see how the demo reacts with me.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Back during the Console War's, SSX was the Lone Beacon for the PS2, in the beginning. Really pushes how far back 2000 was. Getting old.

I didn't think I'll ever best you guys in the race, but I'm sitting at the top of my leader board in Trick with 16.4M on Bulldog.

The developers made combining the entire run look easy. It is fucking hard. The combo cooldown timer is crazy short compared to previous games. You basically need to always be tricking. Even 4 seconds from landing to the next kicker will snap your streak. Thank god for nose/tail presses. I have been trying to full combo Bulldog in an attempt to best Batty's 35M run but I just can't do it. The flat part leading up to the damn is a bitch.

Does anybody know what songs are in this demo? They're all good. I actually even like the wubdub Tricky remix. That one that has the lyrics about using your skills. That one rules.

Jamie OD

The replay button is going to be the bane of my existence. Fluffed a few good tricks already because I pressed LB by accident.

Tokubetsu

I feel like I've been following you around all morning :(

How you think I feel? Net's ghost has been haunting me all morning. This is what this game does. It gets under your skin and shovels out every little bit of competitive spirit in you that you didn't think you had. I'm in pain.

Top Bottom