• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Naked Snake
(02-22-2012, 03:35 AM)

Kojima Productions will be returning to the GDC Career Pavilion (March 6th - 9th) to search for skillful engineers, artists, and game creators including:

Project engineers for the latest Metal Gear Solid targeted for high-end consoles and PC

Engineers to help develop next-gen game engine technology for use with the "FOX Engine.

Kojima Productions Brand Manager

If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please visit the Konami Group booth, #1914, in the Career Pavilion. We look forward to meeting lots of enthusiastic and talented candidates.

Kojima Productions

Full details at the site, lots of programmer, artist and designer positions:

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/gdc2012/index.html
Last edited by Naked Snake; 02-22-2012 at 03:38 AM.
LiK
(02-22-2012, 03:37 AM)
OP name is awesome for this thread.
disappeared
Here we go.
StuBurns
just talking loud
and saying nothing
Japanese or English? Are they starting a Western studio?

I don't get why next is in quotation marks.
NYR94
(02-22-2012, 03:38 AM)
RedSwirl
(02-22-2012, 03:38 AM)

Originally Posted by StuBurns

Kojima already employs a lot of people from Western countries.
strafer
(02-22-2012, 03:39 AM)
Metal Gear Solid 6 starring Liquid Snake.
Live Free or Die
(02-22-2012, 03:39 AM)
YES! YES!
Hot Coldman
(02-22-2012, 03:40 AM)
"We need people who don't shit their pants when asked to develop something remotely different! We need YOU!"
Nirolak
Mrgrgr

Originally Posted by StuBurns

Several Japanese companies are letting people who speak no Japanese come work for them.

For example, Square Enix's Luminous engine team: http://www.square-enix.com/na/career...h/message.html

Thanks to our recruiting efforts, which began last year, we've seen an influx of excellent developers not only from within Japan, but from various corners of the world as well. We've become a very international team, with about 30% of our members coming from outside of Japan. I'd like to stress that Japanese language proficiency is not a requirement; if you think you have the right skills and are able to communicate in either English or Japanese, don't hesitate to contact us.

iKeepPlaying
Banned

Originally Posted by Strafer

shutupandtakemynanomachines.jpg!!
Inferno313
(02-22-2012, 03:41 AM)
PC, huh? Very interesting.
I'll probably play it on Wii U though. (One can hope!)

Also, is "Big Boss wants you!" a hint as to the story? I'll take another Big Boss Adventure. Although he's going to end up being in more games than Snake, lol.
LiK

Originally Posted by Strafer

All that's left is his arm....
StuBurns
just talking loud
and saying nothing

Originally Posted by RedSwirl

Kojima already employs a lot of people from Western countries.

Who don't speak Japanese? I heard them talk on the podcast a while ago about how a real qualification in Japanese would be required for at the studio, maybe I'm remembering wrongly.

Originally Posted by Nirolak

Several Japanese companies are letting people who speak no Japanese come work for them.

For example, Square Enix's Luminous engine team: http://www.square-enix.com/na/career...h/message.html

That's kind of cool, very progressive.
BlazingDarkness
Dat artwork
Midou
(02-22-2012, 03:43 AM)
Everytime I finish an MGS, I don't want Kojima to make anymore because his other franchises are awesome.

Everytime some time passes, I want a new MGS.

Hype. Though not like it wasn't obvious.
Technosteve
(02-22-2012, 03:44 AM)
sweet a pc engine mgs
Gouda Jouji
(02-22-2012, 03:45 AM)
TACTICAL DOG ACTION

I think his arm band says "Sneaking Dogs".
Defuser
(02-22-2012, 03:45 AM)
"We're hiring developers for PC!"

*PC version gets canned a few months later*
Lazlo Woodbine
(02-22-2012, 03:46 AM)

Originally Posted by BlazingDarkness

Dat artwork

Ad is worth it for the art alone.
SolidsnackooFoxhound
Banned
(02-22-2012, 03:47 AM)
Bring it Kojima. I'm ready.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(02-22-2012, 03:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Defuser

Presumably this one isn't outsourced to a studio with no PC technology. :P
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
lol vita
Aselith

Originally Posted by Defuser

TAKE IT BACK
GrumpyAlien
Nice! I kind of hope it tells the story of what happened between the events in Peace Walker and Metal Gear Solid 1. Maybe a retelling of the msx Metal Gear 1&2 as one game. It seems like a big part of the story that should be elaborated upon to bring the Big Boss and Snake sagas full circle.
King of the Potato People
(02-22-2012, 03:49 AM)
They should make it like MGS3...

yet not like MGS3, what I mean is a standalone story but with a much different setting to MGS3. Perhaps make it a western?

Or they could go crazy and make it like MGS2

A dying Solid Snake may or may not be reliving distorted memories from his life, some levels are recreated from pre-Metal Gear with Snake as a young soldier, and some levels are set in recreated versions of Zanzibar and Outer Heaven, but things go mental when memories take a life of their own, and everything becomes MGS2-crazy.

Just don't have bollocks about dead people coming back to life and talking boring bollocks about maths. Also don't do the boss's story, it would never be as good as what was implied in MGS3.
SolidSnakex
(02-22-2012, 03:49 AM)

Presumably this one isn't outsourced to a studio with no PC technology. :P

Any mention of Rising PC was removed from Konami's websites shortly after the game was originally announced.
Ridley327
(02-22-2012, 03:50 AM)
Shinkawa could draw an orange and it'd be the best orange ever.
Vamphuntr

Originally Posted by Takao

lol vita

Kojima doesn't want to transfar anymore.

But seriously, this doesn't mean much. Maybe they already have the staff for a vita port.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

Any mention of Rising PC was removed from Konami's websites shortly after the game was originally announced.

And they had no PC technology at that time as well, since the tech demos were on MGS4's engine.
Dug
Dig
(02-22-2012, 03:51 AM)

interesting...
Johnas
(02-22-2012, 03:52 AM)
So does this imply that they've done little to nothing on the next console MGS up to this point?

I thought I had read various rumors over the last year or so that hinted it was already well underway. Maybe I'm remembering completely wrong.
NYR94
(02-22-2012, 03:53 AM)
Looks like he's wearing something similar to the cape or whatever that thing was that The Boss wore in MGS3. To go along with the bandana he kept when she threw him off the bridge.

legacyzero
(02-22-2012, 03:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Dug

interesting...

DAAAAAammmmnn
web01
(02-22-2012, 03:54 AM)

Originally Posted by King of the Potato People

They should make it like MGS3...

yet not like MGS3, what I mean is a standalone story but with a much different setting to MGS3. Perhaps make it a western?

Or they could go crazy and make it like MGS2

A dying Solid Snake may or may not be reliving distorted memories from his life, some levels are recreated from pre-Metal Gear with Snake as a young soldier, and some levels are set in recreated versions of Zanzibar and Outer Heaven, but things go mental when memories take a life of their own, and everything becomes MGS2-crazy.

Just don't have bollocks about dead people coming back to life and talking boring bollocks about maths. Also don't do the boss's story, it would never be as good as what was implied in MGS3.

The problem with MGS4 was that they were too ambitious and tried to do too many different settings. With the overall amount of gameplay not being very substantial. They should sick to a couple places max.
Hot Coldman
(02-22-2012, 03:55 AM)
I for one am mad excited to see if my theory about odd numbered MGSs being the ones every loves holds up well. MGS3 is just amazing.
Solid warrior
Banned
SolidSnakex

And they had no PC technology at that time as well, since the tech demos were on MGS4's engine.

Are you sure about that? From what I read it was a new engine as the MGS4 engine wasn't compatible with the 360 at all.
XANDER CAGE
WELCOME TO THE XANDER ZONE
(02-22-2012, 03:56 AM)
God damn, that art.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(02-22-2012, 03:57 AM)

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

Are you sure about that? From what I read it was a new engine as the MGS4 engine wasn't compatible with the 360 at all.

The MGS4 "engine" wasn't really an engine.

Like, this same thing happened in the PS2 era. They threw out all their code from MGS2 when they started MGS3 because they couldn't correctly change it, so they were essentially making project specific code.

Rising also went no where and was basically canned due to this combined with them having no idea for a gameplay direction, and then shipped out to Platinum in early 2011.

This is a large part of why we have Fox Engine now, since they realized they couldn't keep doing this.
Last edited by Nirolak; 02-22-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Nemesis_
(02-22-2012, 03:57 AM)
Pretty excited for another fresh Metal Gear. Do you guys want a sequel or another interquel?
xemumanic
(02-22-2012, 03:58 AM)
What I'd like this to turn out to be, is a remake of the ORIGINAL Metal Gear.
Gouda Jouji
(02-22-2012, 03:59 AM)

Originally Posted by NYR94

Looks like he's wearing something similar to the cape or whatever that thing was that The Boss wore in MGS3. To go along with the bandana he kept when she threw him off the bridge.

He's not wearing a bandana in that art. Which makes sense after Peace Walker.
Ridley327
(02-22-2012, 04:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Nemesis556

Pretty excited for another fresh Metal Gear. Do you guys want a sequel or another interquel?

Well, the concept art is pointing towards another romp with Big Boss. I'm not sure how much more story you can have with the guy, but if we can get back to the sandbox experimentation of MGS3, they could make it about Big Boss trying to rescue the love child he had with McDonnell Miller from the clutches of Dr. Claw for all I care.
Johnas
(02-22-2012, 04:00 AM)

I want a prequel to MGS3 about The Boss and the Cobra Unit, but I'll take whatever they come up with, as long as it's more similar to MGS3 than MGS4.
XANDER CAGE
WELCOME TO THE XANDER ZONE
(02-22-2012, 04:01 AM)

A sequel or a fresh start. As much as I love that art (and big boss in general) I really don't need to know much more about his story. That ship's more than sailed.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(02-22-2012, 04:01 AM)
So, California USA is listed as a work location.

Are they opening a Western studio?
StuBurns
just talking loud
and saying nothing
(02-22-2012, 04:02 AM)

I don't want a remake of MG1/2, MG2 is basically remade in MGS1 anyway, however, I want Snake at his rawest. Stop fucking around with proxy characters, and old ass men, it's been fourteen years already, I want legit Snake.
Criminal Upper
Banned
(02-22-2012, 04:03 AM)
I just don't want the main controllable character to be Solid Snake.

I'd like a Gray Fox game.
NYR94
(02-22-2012, 04:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Gouda Jouji

He's not wearing a bandana in that art. Which makes sense after Peace Walker.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

The new Shinkawa artwork reminds me that there was a dog in one of the FOX engine pics.