• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D in Europe: Summer 2012? (possibly 27/7)

So, it seems Square Enix France has leaked a possible release date for the highly anticipated new entry in Kingdom Hearts series, exclusive for Nintendo 3DS. First, it wrote 27/7/2012, then deleted the exact day to write a generic Summer 2012. If it's true, it's sooner than expected.

Square Enix France have revealed the release date for Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance in Europe. According to their official online store, the European version of the game will release on July 27, 2012 (well, the France version to be specific, but France release date = Europe release date 90% of the time). This means we can probably expect a July release for North America, and a release the same week as France/Europe for Australia. Thanks to sqexgal, KH Destiny and Chao_Loulou for the find.

Update 1: Square Enix France have since edited the website to say "Summer 2012" (between June 2012 and August 2012). This is probably because they were not supposed to reveal the release date yet (as there has been no official announcement), but keep in mind that it could mean it was in error. We'll have to wait to find out more information.

Update 2: KHDestiny have Tweeted that they contacted Square Enix France, and Square Enix France stated that Kingdom Hearts 3D is "now set for a Summer 2012" release. This means that Kingdom Hearts 3D will release sometime during Summer 2012 in Europe, and Square Enix are probably aiming for sometime around July 27 (but it is not yet set in stone).

kh3d_3d_pegi-mock.jpg

Source: KH13

Famassu

Yay for short-ish localization time.

Too bad this probably means there won't be much extra in the game, like in 1 & BBS's localized versions.

StuBurns

Banned
If Type-0 was coming to PSP in the West, it'd have come already. The crazy localization time is a bold indication it's moving platforms.

Holy shit, that would be one hell of a Summer. Three months localisation time would be a new record for KH games, considering the year and half wait we had for KHII (felt like a decade).

Would also heal my bitter dissapointment that Animal Crossing wasn't a Summer title.

What? Of course Type-0 is coming stateside, and sure there will be a PSP version to play.

Are you so sure? I don't know about the usa but in Europe the 2011 psp release schedule was more barren than the Wii's schedule in japan is going to be in 2013, the system is deader than john cleese's parrot

Waiting for KH3D, the only game I really want to play on it. :p

Wow really? I may be new on GAF, but honestly I thought you were a pretty vocal critic of KH when I was lurking.

I know you liked BBS alot though. Well hopefully you'll find some other 3DS titles you may like. :)

My only qualm with this game is;

No Disney companions, replaced with the poor man's Pokemon.

HOPEFULLY Disney boss fights. If I don't get to fight Frollo, complete with creepy red hooded priests, then no sale.

Jubern

No French (nor any other language beside English I reckon) dub again. Hard to swallow with BBS yet understandable considering the PSP situation, but this time?
Is it too much to ask, for a big entry of a popular series on a system that sell itself?

It's been since KH2 FFS.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I've played Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. Have I missed much by not playing the portable versions? My sister bought 358/2 but I never even touched it, and I don't have access to a PSP anymore. I guess my question is where does DDD take place in the timeline, and should I download birth by sleep on the Vita (if that is even possible)?

duckroll

I've played Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. Have I missed much by not playing the portable versions? My sister bought 358/2 but I never even touched it, and I don't have access to a PSP anymore. I guess my question is where does DDD take place in the timeline, and should I download birth by sleep on the Vita (if that is even possible)?

BbS is UMD only, so it's impossible to play on Vita right now. Disney's licensing agreements apparently prevent it from being sold on PSN. KH3D takes place after KH2.

Aru

I read somewhere that KH3D has a story recap. Well, KH2 also did have one too.
If it's as good as KH2's one, it should be able to fill the gap, for the most important scenes at least.

Top Bottom