• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

MrOogieBoogie
BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
(02-29-2012, 09:58 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkN6C1ur1t8

The part with the elephant killed me. :( I know it's a way of life there, but Jesus Christ it's hard to watch.

I did a search but didn't find anything, so I apologize if the video has been posted before.

Sorry for the redundant title: "African tribes... in Africa." No duh. lol
Last edited by MrOogieBoogie; 02-29-2012 at 10:07 PM.
vitaminwateryum
corporate swill
(02-29-2012, 09:59 PM)
In case anyone had any doubts, it's NSFW.
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(02-29-2012, 10:00 PM)
Watch Cannibal Holocaust that will cheer you up!
Anticitizen One
Banned
(02-29-2012, 10:01 PM)
is this from some old movie?
BakedPigeon
(02-29-2012, 10:02 PM)
Video is awesome. Lot more exciting then just hitting a cow in the head extremely hard.
Bombadil
Banned
(02-29-2012, 10:02 PM)
"Hey guys, I just saw something that really depressed the shit out of me. Take a look!"
Funky Papa
FUNK-Y-PPA-4
(02-29-2012, 10:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Anticitizen One

is this from some old movie?

Africa Addio, a landmark in the exploitation/mondo genre. Racist as fuck and partly staged, but still incredibly interesting in its own way.
Sentry
Still Alive
(02-29-2012, 10:03 PM)
God that music. Humans must seem like such dicks to any other species...
wenis
Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(02-29-2012, 10:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Manos: The Hans of Fate

Watch Cannibal Holocaust that will cheer you up!

It's basically an episode of adventure time, but without the candy, whimsy, color, catch phrases, humor, snails or Joe DiMaggio...

Originally Posted by Bombadil

"Hey guys, I just saw something that really depressed the shit out of me. Take a look!"

welcometoneogaf.jpg
Derwind
(02-29-2012, 10:06 PM)
At least they don't make an industry out of confining animals in cages much smaller than they should be and pumping whatever they can out of them till they die(Milk, Eggs)....

Hunting is natural and no more crueler or depressing than how we get meat on our tables today...

Not that I feel at all ashamed at eating grocery meats... I fight anyone who gets in between me and my bacon!
Meus Renaissance
(02-29-2012, 10:07 PM)
It's sad that I knew the comments would be disabled just by reading the title.
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(02-29-2012, 10:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Funky Papa

Africa Addio, a landmark in the exploitation/mondo genre. Racist as fuck and partly staged, but still incredibly interesting in its own way.

You own the Blue Underground Boxset?

Not my type of films, but you don't often hear about Mondo Cane films on Neogaf, that I have to ask.
entrement
(02-29-2012, 10:08 PM)
They need to eat.
RoodyPooUS
(02-29-2012, 10:10 PM)
What's the problem? If they are eating the meat, nothing.
Fritz
(02-29-2012, 10:11 PM)
I thought they'd be way more efficient. Best cost-benefit ratio was definitely the elephant, albeit sadest as well.
Jacobi
Do you... eat meat?
If you do, don't complain about this, the animals that die in this video had a much better life than the animals you eat.
.GqueB.
Wait I'm genuinely confused. Were you depressed that they are hunting animals or the fact that they were so horrible at it?
danwarb
(02-29-2012, 10:12 PM)
They recognise their reflections and mourn their dead. Very clever, wonderful animals.
aorange999
(02-29-2012, 10:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Jacobi

Do you... eat meat?
If you do, don't complain about this, the animals that die in this video had a much better life than the animals you eat.

This. I kind of wish everyone would go Zuckerberg and only eat meat that they kill, descale, and pluck themselves. I hate it when meat is described as 'protein'...you're eating an animal, think about it as you do it.
Amakusa
(02-29-2012, 10:14 PM)

Do you... eat meat?

/endfuckingthread

bravo good sir
Willkiller
Cunt war veteran
(02-29-2012, 10:15 PM)
Yep, that's nature alright!
Bombadil
Banned
(02-29-2012, 10:16 PM)

Do you... eat meat?

Yeah, but we recognize how fucked up it is so we hide our atrocities in far off places. Out of sight, out of mind.
iNvid02
its life
Norml

Originally Posted by MrOogieBoogie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkN6C1ur1t8

The part with the elephant killed me. :( I know it's a way of life there, but Jesus Christ it's hard to watch.

I did a search but didn't find anything, so I apologize if the video has been posted before.

Sorry for the redundant title: "African tribes... in Africa." No duh. lol

Most brutal thing I ever saw on the internet :(
Zombie James
Obviously it's not easy for some people to watch this sort of thing in our society (from all the thumbs down), but this is life for these people. Nature and all that. I have no problem with this.
la flama blanca
Wish they hunted deer. Fuck deer in the ass.
scar tissue
Banned
Not even gonna watch. But what do you expect a tribe to do? They can't exactly go to the vegan supermarket.
They are part of the natural food chain, and could well be killed and eaten themselves (e.g. lion, crocodile).
So while this is indeed unsettling and I hope that someday every tribe will have arrived on a civilized level, it isn't that much different from a cheetah killing a gazelle.

Originally Posted by Amakusa

/endfuckingthread

bravo good sir

Some people don't eat meat. Amazing, huh?
/openfuckingthread
DeSo
(02-29-2012, 10:18 PM)
You don't have to start a thread for every youtube video you watch.
la flama blanca
(02-29-2012, 10:19 PM)

Originally Posted by scar tissue

Not even gonna watch. But what do you expect a tribe to do? They can't exactly go to the vegan supermarket.
They are part of the natural food chain, and could well be killed and eaten themselves (e.g. lion, crocodile).
So while this is indeed unsettling and I hope that someday every tribe will have arrived on a civilized level, it isn't that much different from a cheetah killing a gazelle.

/openfuckingthread

Yep....arrived on a civilized level. We are so civilized with the way we process our meat......

lol
.GqueB.
(02-29-2012, 10:20 PM)

What does "civilized" mean? What we do? Lol

I just hope that one day they'll be trained to better incapacite the animal instead of the "stab it until it dies" method they seem to employ.
mclaren777
Banned
(02-29-2012, 10:20 PM)
Great video, apart from it being 360p.

Thanks for sharing.
videogames
Banned
(02-29-2012, 10:21 PM)
i wonder what this music is supposed to be making me feel
Souldriver
(02-29-2012, 10:21 PM)

Do you... eat meat?

True, true.

But you can't fault a man for still feeling bad when he sees an animal dieing a slow painful death.

Add to that the fact that elephants are an endangered species. Not the fault of these tribes off course. They're practically the only people who kill elephants for legit reasons. But again, it makes for a sad video to watch.
Willkiller
Cunt war veteran
(02-29-2012, 10:22 PM)

/openfuckingthread

Yep, this is why I don't get vegetarians that don't eat meat just because a animal is dying for that meat. I can totally understand it if people don't eat meat because they don't like the taste or don't agree with how the animals they eat are treated. But to not eat meat because animals have to die is bizzarre to me.
SomeOneInaHat
(02-29-2012, 10:22 PM)
Culture Shock: The Thread
alphaNoid
Banned
(02-29-2012, 10:23 PM)

Originally Posted by aorange999

This. I kind of wish everyone would go Zuckerberg and only eat meat that they kill, descale, and pluck themselves. I hate it when meat is described as 'protein'...you're eating an animal, think about it as you do it.

I think about the animals every time I eat them. I think about how tasty and delicious they are.
VALIS
Finally I have 40 cakes
But it cost me 40 friends
(02-29-2012, 10:23 PM)
Where did the OP ever say it was wrong? All he said was it's hard to watch. I swear some of you hit refresh on the OT all day looking for opportunities to scold people.
crazy monkey
holds a masters in liberal arts
(02-29-2012, 10:24 PM)
The only thing I learned from the video is that they have goat and cow shortage. They need to have farms and farms of them.
Derwind

Originally Posted by Souldriver

True, true.

But you can't fault a man for still feeling bad when he sees an animal dieing a slow painful death.

Add to that the fact that elephants are an endangered species. Not the fault of these tribes off course. They're practically the only people who kill elephants for legit reasons. But again, it makes for a sad video to watch.

Of course death is sad. No one suggest people be excited or happy by watching things die.

However the sentiment that our methods of putting meat on the table is any less depressing or cruel is beyond me.
akira28
am I an eager baby bird?
am I a cute baby bunny?
Whats depressing about it? They don't have rifles?

If this is some boo-hoo poor animals angle, I curse you to live forever without grocery stores.
MrOogieBoogie
BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
(02-29-2012, 10:25 PM)

Originally Posted by DeSo

You don't have to start a thread for every youtube video you watch.

Originally Posted by mclaren777

Great video, apart from it being 360p.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm so conflicted.
CornBurrito
(02-29-2012, 10:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Sentry

God that music. Humans must seem like such dicks to any other species...

Humans aren't the only animal that hunts. Carnivores are just the dicks of the animal world.

Hunter gatherer methods are arguably less cruel than new farming methods.
Last edited by CornBurrito; 02-29-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Diprosalic
(02-29-2012, 10:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Souldriver

True, true.

I dont think that african elephants are endangered.
edornob
(02-29-2012, 10:28 PM)
WOULD
Last edited by edornob; 09-04-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Onemic
natural hunting. The way it should be.
Log4Girlz
I recently went to my friends house to check out his wii. I was generally impressed. It was larger than I expected though.
WTF, do they really need to spear something a thousand times? The meat is going to be dry by the time they eat it. They need to lock in the juices.
Arcteryx
(02-29-2012, 10:29 PM)
Didn't really feel anything til the elephant part...sad to see it pulling spears out with its trunk, but that's life.

And yea, like above, this is tame compared to the shit that goes on in meat farms.
Derwind
(02-29-2012, 10:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Diprosalic

It's the most endangered large animal in the continent but it's not exactly on the endangered list.

Originally Posted by Log4Girlz

WTF, do they really need to spear something a thousand times? The meat is going to be dry by the time they eat it. They need to lock in the juices.

Killing it faster? More merciful than letting it bleed out from a few wounds till it dies.
Souldriver

Originally Posted by Derwind

Of course death is sad. No one suggest people be excited or happy by watching things die.

However the sentiment that our methods of putting meat on the table is any less depressing or cruel is beyond me.

But neither I nor the person I quoted implied this.

I'd say that, in general, we westerners treat our animals far worse during their lives ("product not yet in stores"), but the method to kill them is probably less painful and more swift than stabbing a huge animal slowly until it dies. The end result is still not in our favor though. At least in the case of tribes hunting, the animal had a decent chance at a good life in its own environment. We offer nothing like that to animals.

Originally Posted by Diprosalic

They are. According to this site. Upon your question I decided to search some more, and this site lists them as "vulernable", one notch above endangered.
Last edited by Souldriver; 02-29-2012 at 10:34 PM.
OpinionatedCyborg
Thread Clinging Troll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIiUqfxFttM