• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at most teams Cap Situations, the teams that could afford to sign Weber/Suter while offering a winning situation would be Washington, Ottawa and Dallas.

Whether they'll actually wanna play there is another matter.

Flyers can give either Pronger's money. Especially if there's a buyout clause in the next CBA.

F6zZv.png

jimcarreyftwff.jpg

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Insular sports communities are on thin ice?

Fucking great. I spent all week writing this erotic Crosby/Alucard fanfic and now I have no place to post it.

don't they call themselves BEST GAF? wouldn't be shocked if something happened to bite them in the ass..

someone from NBA GAF said this in the NFL thread
I made that post....Suffice to say I didn't really get the right point across. You do get banned for saying stuff like that in those threads. I just think that the fact that its there in the first place is a problem.

No one really knows the specific reasoning for the lock, though.

On topic, the Wild have sucked this year. Perpetual mediocrity, MN Sports ftw

Revenant

I made that post....Suffice to say I didn't really get the right point across. You do get banned for saying stuff like that in those threads. I just think that the fact that its there in the first place is a problem.

yea the few times I've gone in there when I do watch the Bulls I've definitely seen some slurs and stuff I was shocked were being thrown around so carelessly.

Marvie_3

Banned

One great thing about living in Minnesota is that Vikings fans are readily available for ridicule.
yea the few times I've gone in there when I do watch the Bulls I've definitely seen some slurs and stuff I was shocked were being thrown around so carelessly.

There's a lot of smack talk thrown around in here but it's mostly all in fun. Unless it's directed at Tabris.

Razorskin

----- ------
dont watch hockey but i was wondering how come the refs let the players fight?

Fighting has been in hockey for a long time, and it's simply just part of the game now. Unless they make a rule against it the refs will allow it.

Usually a player fights to stick up for himself or his teammate, also sometimes to swing momentum in the teams favour after winning a fight.

Though refs do actually stop fights but it's up to their discretion as to when they break it up. Once a player is down or is getting hammered viciously they stop the fight, or if it's gone on for too long and the players aren't really throwing any punches.

Cake Boss

Banned
Beyond a large paycheque, is there something the Senators will be able to offer Parise that another playoff-ready team cannot?

edit: I see that NBA GAF is stopping in.

How 'bout them Raptors?

Money, play with a #1 center ( the teams that have those dont have alot of cap space) and a PPG dman feeding you those passes on the powerplay. Plus a young competative team.

I am not saying hes a lock but there is a small chance.

Acid08

Banned
Weren't you babbling about how the Sharks were at least relevant in comparison to the Avs not too long ago?

I mean, if we're talking fantasy and all.

Making the Conference finals two years in a row, yeah we're more relevant right now. Current struggles aside, everyone expects more out of the Sharks than Avs.

Making the Conference finals two years in a row, yeah we're more relevant right now. Current struggles aside, everyone expects more out of the Sharks than Avs.

Couldn't have anything to do with your roster. If the Sharks have given you anything to expect it's a good regular season and a post season fizzle out. But you don't even have the good regular season this year, just an OK one. Like us.

Acid08

Banned
Couldn't have anything to do with your roster. If the Sharks have given you anything to expect it's a good regular season and a post season fizzle out. But you don't even have the good regular season this year, just an OK one. Like us.

Your point? You said I was in fantasy land by saying the Sharks are more relevant which is certainly not the case.

Money, play with a #1 center ( the teams that have those dont have alot of cap space) and a PPG dman feeding you those passes on the powerplay. Plus a young competative team.

Replacement for Alfredsson? I love an old Swede as much as the next guy, but I can't imagine he'll be able to compete next year as well as he has done this year.

Cake Boss

Banned
Replacement for Alfredsson? I love an old Swede as much as the next guy, but I can't imagine he'll be able to compete next year as well as he has done this year.

Yeah he said he could one more year but thats up to his wife. Murray said he could sign him for another 3 years if he wanted.

Razorskin

----- ------
Canucks fans, what's going to happen with Schneider? I mean he's a good insurance policy for Luongo but if I was him I'd want to be a starter, and staying with Vancouver wouldn't allow that. What are the numbers being thrown around for a possible resigning? Could he just resign for a year and walk the next?

Your point? You said I was in fantasy land by saying the Sharks are more relevant which is certainly not the case.

My point is SJ is spending more than us on established big names and thus comes the expectation. However expectation has nothing to do with relevance, performance does. Not history of performance, current performance. The only way to logically apply relevance to sports teams is based on their success in relation to the teams around them.

In recent seasons the Sharks were more relevant. As it stands right now, we're in the same boat.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canucks fans, what's going to happen with Schneider? I mean he's a good insurance policy for Luongo but if I was him I'd want to be a starter, and staying with Vancouver wouldn't allow that. What are the numbers being thrown around for a possible resigning? Could he just resign for a year and walk the next?

He's getting traded before the draft, very likely. No idea for what/with whom though...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If Conklin doesn't clear waivers, Jordan Pearce gets his first start against the Rangers tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom