• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erdrick

Has this mainly been the fault of Mason or other Jets?

I can't really say myself. I just want to take the easy way out and say the Pens were just too powerful for us. The PP's were insane and their skill level was just beyond our ability to match.

The more realistic approach would be to say that we gave Pavelic/Mason no help on the goals that they even had a chance on. (Some of them were just luck or essentially unstoppable. Defensively, I was not too impressed. EIGHT goals, after all.

I'd blame it more on poor passing and not being able to follow through on plays especially near the end period. For a time we were kind of keeping pace.

Ben Maxwell and Spencer Machacek, two recent call ups from St. Johns had a pretty good game for us. Machacek in particular has 3 points in the 2 recent games he has been up. Not to mention a very impressive fight last game against Carolina. I like what I have seen.

I just don't get it though. Pittsburgh was playing relatively poor, defence-wise for a time but we just could not keep up the pace.

I wont say we are out of the playoff race just yet, as I reserve that more depending on how we do in Washington on Friday night, but... given our road record and how Ovie and the Caps have turned it up somewhat... =(

Whatever will be, will be, I guess. It's been a fun year and great to be back in the big leagues. If we don't make it, there is always next year. =)

Puddles

Banned
Goddamn at the stats from Pittsburgh tonight.

Also, the Stars are totally going to beat the Coyotes tonight. Lame. Though it'll be worse if Phoenix somehow sends the game to OT.

Marvie_3

Banned
CSCA or FSW

San Jose is a fun team, though be aware Acid leads Sharks GAF here, and he will verbally abuse you.

(kidding, but yea watch the game tonight and see who you like better.)

Acid will even draw penises on his 3DS and send them to you like he did to me today!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Why did NBA thread get closed?
ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

Merguson

Banned
We've changed so much personnel and players since the end of the lockout.

I don't know what the fuck the answer is anymore.

There isn't a more frustrated hockey fanbase out there.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
i like to think this influx of new blood is thanks to the NHL's great new TWO HALFTIMES commercial

*gags*

Smokey

i live in houston so i'll probably never be able to watch the sport live...but i'm assuming it's infinitely better in person?

for some reason it doesn't seem to translate well (to me) on TV

Revenant

i live in houston so i'll probably never be able to watch the sport live...but i'm assuming it's infinitely better in person?

True. Though the HD world has helped. Still Going to a game is the best way to really appreciate the sport

Marvie_3

Banned

The Houston Aeros of the AHL (NHL's minor league) are an option if you want to watch live hockey.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window

yup, a lot better live, but HD has done a lot in making the TV product better. you guys got a pretty decent AHL squad down there in the houston aeroes (minor league to the minnesota wild) worth checkin out

Heretic

like you wouldn't believe. Seriously. Make the trip to catch a game. Takes some buds and enjoy =)

PHOENIX NEEDS TO TAKE IT INTO OT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom