• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon - Fall 2012 - Developed by PlayGround Games

witness

With all the off road 4x4s added to Forza 4 and all the rally cars in it, I bet we can make conclusions about a lot of the vehicles in this that aren't super cars. I'm excited for this, looks great.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
for new page

First facts ahead E3 2012

- Forza Motorsport 4 physics optimized for off-road
- 65 grounds like mud, gravel, grass, tarmac etc.
- reduced damage
- open world with dynamic day/night
- colorado environment/panorama with detailed foresight
- festivel with a huge drivable area and car service stations, paintshops, car dealers etc. on it
- events like mustang vs. mustang or racecar vs. jet

source: ForzaLife

Bunch of screenshots

screenshot-forza-horizon-11.jpg

screenshot-forza-horizon-05.jpg

(More screens at source) ForzaLife

Looks great!

I have a feeling Ferrari won't be in the game though, sadly.

Microsoft holds the Ferrari license for Xbox/PC, so I have no doubt they'll be in.

Porsche, on the other hand, is probably a no-go.

I hope this game has a car import feature so that you can just bring cars from Forza 4 in. 600+ cars in this kind of game? Amazing...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Colorado seems like a nice environment, plenty of variety, going by Google anyway :p
Lack of variance in the environment could kill a game like this. TDU got away with it because it was supposed to be photorealistic.

I wonder if this is a chunk of real area or made up with the real terrain in mind. Either way, kind of stoked now this is looking more and more like a TDU game except without the shit physics.

Microsoft holds the Ferrari license for Xbox/PC, so I have no doubt they'll be in.

Porsche, on the other hand, is probably a no-go.
The models exist from Forza. If there's an additional license fee, then it will be DLC.

Lack of variance in the environment could kill a game like this. TDU got away with it because it was supposed to be photorealistic.

Colorado is a very diverse state, geographically. It only lacks beaches.

Oh wow. This game looks really nice. I love the idea of just being able to mindlessly drive around a representation of Colorado. No boring repetitive tracks and exploration is a huge point. Might be one off the first racing/car games I buy in a long time.

Cptkrush

Wait wait wait wait....

Off Road Physics + Colorado + previously confirmed Classic Minis..... Pike's Peak had better be in this.

Haunted

Came in here to complain about giving Forza to an unknown studio like Playground Games.

After reading up on who these guys actually are, I'm more excited for this than Turn 10's Forza.

Arucardo

Wait wait wait wait....

Off Road Physics + Colorado + previously confirmed Classic Minis..... Pike's Peak had better be in this.

You know Pike's Peak is almost entirely paved now? :p Don't remember if it was this year or next that when the hill climb event is held that it won't have any dirt sections left on it.

Cptkrush

You know Pike's Peak is almost entirely paved now? :p Don't remember if it was this year or next that when the hill climb event is held that it won't have any dirt sections left on it.

Yeah, I just read about that... That's pretty lame. Hopefully they don't go for full realism and use the pre-2011 course.

I don't really feel this. The boxart is hideous and nothing I've seen so far excites me one bit. The ugly Viper doesn't help, I guess.

Pikes Peak better be in this! You can't have an open world racing game in Colorado without the greatest hill climb in the world. I know it's all paved now, but that doesn't mean they can't have a "fantasy" version thats all dirt though.

I wonder if they wil have any special cars/events/etc for people who have a FM4 save? Would be a nice thing for the Forza faithfuls.

watership

First facts ahead E3 2012

- Forza Motorsport 4 physics optimized for off-road
- 65 grounds like mud, gravel, grass, tarmac etc.
- reduced damage
- open world with dynamic day/night
- colorado environment/panorama with detailed foresight
- festivel with a huge drivable area and car service stations, paintshops, car dealers etc. on it
- events like mustang vs. mustang or racecar vs. jet

source: ForzaLife

This info and new pics should be in a new thread. Too significant to be buried here.

Lakitu

st5fu
For some reason it reminds me of those Top Gear specials they do, minus the scripted stuff and Jeremy Clarkson's jokes, obviously.

Reckoner

This game is getting me really excited. I'm in need for some good, relaxed racer like this with some great and varied scenery.

Yager

Banned
Look and sounds great. Looking forward to hearing more of it this E3. BTW, did they mention anything about what kind of vehicles will we be able to ride?

They finished paving it earlier this year. July 8th is the date of the first race on the new surface. I'm glad I could be there last year with dirt sections, and I already have my tickets for the race this year to see how they compare.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I just hope there is some level of customization and tuning.
If this works well, rally in FM5?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Looks awesome.

Well crap...

I was thinking about selling my 360 since I could do with the money and all I've really played on it since getting my hands on it about a year ago was Forza 4, and even then I haven't touched that since about February. But now this pops up, looks ace, is right up my alley and now I'm conflicted...

I've always wanted a nice chilled "racing" game where I can just explore an environment and have fun. Test Drive Unlimited was always too dodgy for me to enjoy (both of them), and other open road racers such as Burnout Paradise are in your face, "LET'S RACE!!!" style which I enjoy, but I want something more like this. And with it being in Colorado too? Maaan...

What do...

Top Bottom