• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! March |OT| Girls, Girls, Girls of Spring Break!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Debating whether or not to pick up AOA #1 tomorrow. Anybody wanna vouch for David Lapham? I'm unfamiliar with him. Also, while Dark Angel Saga was probably my favorite arc in comics last year, superhero or otherwise, the AOA stuff I always felt was just a means to the end and I don't really have any attachment to those characters.

Slayven

I wouldn't put it past them

Also, Sivana is now a rival smack dealer nicknamed "The doctah" who wants to put Freddy out of business for good and Mr.Mind is the name of a new psychedelic drug that's just hitting the streets.

We should team up and submit something to DC. My next idea is for a revamp of Amazing Man. It is about a 17 year old first generation immigrant Chinese girl from San Francisco. Who is possessed by the spirit of a super powered black male who was going to be the first person in his family to go to college.

We should team up and submit something to DC. My next idea is for a revamp of Amazing Man. It is about a 17 year old first generation immigrant Chinese girl from San Francisco. Who is possessed by the spirit of a super powered black male who was going to be the first person in his family to go to college.

I would read this book.

Gage talks Avengers Academy with Newsarama

Gage does Q&A on AA, Legacy with Comic Book Resources

Nrama: Finally, the Avengers Academy/Runaways two-parter is nearly here. We talked at length about the story in the past, but with the first issue out this week, is there anything you'd like to tease about the arc at this point?

Gage: Two words: Old Lace. Two more: Devil Dinosaur. If you still don't want this book, you may be happier getting your comics in The New Yorker.

aa28p4p5_02.jpg

Man, Captain America: Operation Rebirth is great! I wasn't collecting the series when this came out, but I was reading the issues that didn't sell out when I worked at the comic shop.

"Are you crazy?!"

"No. Just loyal."

Yeah, I need to check out Daredevil once my library gets the trade. Mark Waid is one of those writers whose work I almost always enjoy. When he's not writing bad post-Miller Batman fanfic.

Slayven

marvel really needs to synchronize on ages. Julie Power looks like she is in college but her older brother looks like he just got his first pair of big boy pants yesterday.

We all know Katie Power is the best power.

marvel really needs to synchronize on ages. Julie Power looks like she is in college but her older brother looks like he just got his first pair of big boy pants yesterday.

I love them all. I would slay a dragon for a new Power Pack book.

Christ! I picked up Orc Stain #7 and hate myself for not picking up the trade when it was available. Anyone know of a website that still has them in stock?

Tomorrow (if I have money) I want to grab King City and hopefully the reprint of Adventure Time.

My buddy lent me Sweet Tooth 1-3 and I'm completely in love. I'm so digging comics right now.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

why hasnt alex appeared in the mainline series? is there a reason for it?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Y9S16.png

VS

BEm3u.png

Okay Marcus To really needs to replace whoever is currently drawing Teen Titans. The art is just... not good right now. I think the current artist has made me dislike Tim's new costume much more than I otherwise would have.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
CRAP

VS

TO

Okay Marcus To really needs to replace whoever is currently drawing Teen Titans. The art is just... not good right now. I think the current artist has made me dislike Tim's new costume much more than I otherwise would have.

That's because Marcus To is amazing and can draw the shit out of some Tim Drake. He elevated Red Robin from bland teenie superhero book to great teenie superhero book by his very presence. His Tim just feels right. TT Tim feels like a douchebag. I think he's on Batwing next, right? Seems kinda a waste since his strength seems to be in drawing young people / modern fashion / insanely hot women of mixed racial heritage.

Tizoc

Just saw the 'redesign' for Golden Age Green Lantern...
WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY SMOKING?!?!?!!??!!?

@patrickthehedgehog-
Glad you liked it =)

...Old Lace and Devil Dinosaur in Avengers Academy? Will give the book a read when they're added~

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That's because Marcus To is amazing and can draw the shit out of some Tim Drake. He elevated Red Robin from bland teenie superhero book to great teenie superhero book by his very presence. His Tim just feels right. TT Tim feels like a douchebag. I think he's on Batwing next, right? Seems kinda a waste since his strength seems to be in drawing young people / modern fashion / insanely hot women of mixed racial heritage.

That's for damn sure. Agreed on all points.

He needs to get Tim back. :(

@patrickthehedgehog-
Glad you liked it =)

...Old Lace and Devil Dinosaur in Avengers Academy? Will give the book a read when they're added~

wheres the Green lantern redesign at?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Holy shit, X-Men 26 was such a perfect storm of shit making one of the worst single issues I've read in a long, long time. Lawlful writing. Some terrible Deadpool banter and 2 (two!) references to websites in an attempt at humor. Some of the worst art I've seen in a mainstream cape book, including fish lips for all and martian heads for all the female characters. What a debacle. I can't believe this book still has a $4 price tag. I honestly can't believe it.

X-men is this terrible editorially-mandate driven book that's just floating around to fill up shelves. There's literally no reason for its existence, no direction, no consistency in team structure, NOTHING. One time they had Chris Bachalo drawing it, but after that? It's been complete shit. I dropped it many, MANY months ago and I advise everyone to do the same.

X-men is this terrible editorially-mandate driven book that's just floating around to fill up shelves. There's literally no reason for its existence, no direction, no consistency in team structure, NOTHING. One time they had Chris Bachalo drawing it, but after that? It's been complete shit. I dropped it many, MANY months ago and I advise everyone to do the same.

I agree, it's really kind of unfortunate, I really love that first arc where they fought the Son of Dracula

LiQuid!

It's side story nonsense but I don't mind side story nonsense. It features characters I want to see (like Vampire Jubilee!) and honestly I liked the vampire rehab angle this arc started with, but holy balls did it go off the rails this week. It's a bad book. Even the arcs from it that I've liked have been bad. I'm the idiot coughing up his four bucks every month that keeps it on the shelf. But as dumb as it is, this issue attained new heights.

I agree, it's really kind of unfortunate, I really love that first arc where they fought the Son of Dracula
I was hoping this arc would turn out like that one. I couldn't have been more wrong. :(

Y9S16.png

VS

BEm3u.png

Yo dawg.

It's Robin.

Stop settling for second best and just go read Batman already.

Link? Can't find this anywhere.

Also, Children's Crusade #9 is... there. Definitely not worth the wait, and for all Marvel was hyping it as a key AvX lead-in, all the relevant points were revealed by the AvX #0 previews and various interviews.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yo dawg.

It's Robin.

Stop settling for second best and just go read Batman already.

Red Robin actually.
Still kind of a dumb name anyways.

Bruce Wayne isn't as interesting to me anymore. The whole Batman through time thing was pretty lame compared to Tim's awesome trip to find what really happened to Bruce. Dick and Batman as Damian as Robin was too awesome to only last for as long as it did. Bruce came back way too early.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.
I'd be interested in knowing how they are. Always good to have multiple options.

Bought from cheapgraphicnovels.com recently and they are good. Just that the shipping is USPS media mail single rate, so it is best to order a lot at once. Came well packaged. Took 2-3 weeks to get sent out but once it did the mail was fast.

Defenders #4 was muuuch better then the first three issues combined. If Fraction/Lark were doing a Dr. Strange book, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I think they're going back to the same old shit from the first three issues with Dodson artwork. Ugh.

in the new iPad 3 video on Apple's site they show people reading All-Star Superman on the retina display. Nice to know that Apple are big Grant Morrison fans!

Satch

Banned
i wish Marcus To was going to Birds of Prey instead of Batwing

then have Travel Foreman go to Batwing instead of Birds of Prey

i just want Black Canary's hair to be GAWJUS and Marcus knows how to make it happen

Slayven

I hate Marvel's new young villians initiative, except for the Young Masters of Evil and The Bastards of evil.

Jeremy Briggs and Thew new hellfire club suck monkey ass.

in the new iPad 3 video on Apple's site they show people reading All-Star Superman on the retina display. Nice to know that Apple are big Grant Morrison fans!

Overhyped crap inside of overhyped crap. Apple + Morrison fanboys = Hipster Heaven

Big week for Michael Golden, Mike Zeck, Fred Hembeck, and me. Comic shop had a new bunch of long boxes with slashed prices. Replaced some dog eared Spideys from childhood and finally got in on Micronauts from the first issue.

Picked up Mike Zeck's crime book Damned, Manhattan Projects, and the make or break post Ennis Jennifer Blood issue.

I need to remember to add Ennis's Shadow to my pull list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom