• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Overdoziz
(03-26-2012, 10:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Booshka

Give this guy Inheritor status already, he acts like one.

789shadow
Banned
(03-26-2012, 10:50 PM)

Originally Posted by kittens

Gui, post more often.

And thanks Shadow, it was fun, hah. I played a little BTB today and randoms can't work the Hog gun for shit.

Thanks man. Want to play some more BTB tonight?
Bornstellar
(03-26-2012, 10:52 PM)

Originally Posted by GhaleonEB

Very cool of you, congrats guys!

I had my annual review today at work. Good sized raise, confirmation that I get a promotion on my next job (starting in August), which leads to a bigger raise. Best Monday ever? Best Monday ever.

Nothing like an early birthday present. :D

Congrats!
789shadow
Banned
(03-26-2012, 10:52 PM)
Oh yeah, congrats on being awesome at your job, Ghaleon.
Hypertrooper
(03-26-2012, 10:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Gui_PT

This is what you deserve

Edit: Congrats, Ghaleon.

Where's that gif from?
789shadow
Banned
(03-26-2012, 10:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Hypertrooper

Where's that gif from?

It looks like Two in the Bag from Red Letter Media.
zap
(03-26-2012, 10:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Overdoz1z

Did you know that holograms show up as red dots if you're host and as white dots if you're not host?

#randomfact

Really?

That really screws up that AA - if one person every game will see a red dot, when it's always meant to be white... Admittedly they have host advantage, but it lacks consistency and adds to the 'wtf' moments (the bad kind)

That's not quite as bad as Camo's radar jammer working on your own team 50% of the time though.
xxjuicesxx
(03-26-2012, 10:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Risen

/sarcasm

I know lol. I think everyone should try it though.
bobs...onGaf
(03-26-2012, 10:58 PM)

Originally Posted by xxjuicesxx

I know lol. I think everyone should try it though.

Bumper Jumper is easier. :P
TheOddOne
(03-26-2012, 11:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Slightly Live

Just thought I'd post the latest Beyond the Frontline from Forward Unto Dawn.

My two-cents about this.

I really don’t see any problem with pre-rendered cut-scenes, if done to enrich the feel and atmosphere then it’s a fine enhancement. On the other hand, usually cut-scenes take place during the levels; would that not be jarring to see the jump in quality when transitioning between pre-rendered quality cut-scenes and then going back to in-game?

With pre-rendered stuff they can crank up stuff to 11, which would actually lead to the question: “Why didn’t they try to do this in-game?”. When looking at the cut-scenes from Halo Wars, I kept wanting to play with those CGI graphics; I know it would be impossible, but still when transitioning back to gameplay I felt a little unsatisfied.

Maby a mix of pre-rendered specific transition cut-scenes (example: going from one level to another) and in-game cut-scenes during gameplay.
xxjuicesxx
(03-26-2012, 11:12 PM)

Originally Posted by bobs99 ...

Bumper Jumper is easier. :P

Still gotta move your fingers off analog for whatever you replaced on your bumpers.

Plus not all games have BJ.
Risen
(03-26-2012, 11:15 PM)

Still gotta move your fingers off analog for whatever you replaced on your bumpers.

Plus not all games have BJ.

Honestly, the only reason it was there was for the RRX, BXR, and BXB in H2. Ironically, the magnetism was so great, you didn't need to claw.

It was obsolete the moment H3 instituted Bumper Jumper and there were no glitches worth performing.

Fire Juices 343...
StalkerUKCG
(03-26-2012, 11:17 PM)
In Engine cutscenes are fine for me,

However, if at any time 343 want to employ the guys who made those Halo Wars stuff to make a Halo Film im all for it
TheOddOne
(03-26-2012, 11:20 PM)

Originally Posted by StalkerUKCG

In Engine cutscenes are fine for me,

However, if at any time 343 want to employ the guys who made those Halo Wars stuff to make a Halo Film im all for it

"Take all of my money!"
Havok
(03-26-2012, 11:29 PM)

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

My two-cents about this.

I really don’t see any problem with pre-rendered cut-scenes, if done to enrich the feel and atmosphere then it’s a fine enhancement. On the other hand, usually cut-scenes take place during the levels; would that not be jarring to see the jump in quality when transitioning between pre-rendered quality cut-scenes and then going back to in-game? .

Frankly, I find it to be the opposite case - prerendered cutscenes on the 360 are usually horribly compressed, washed out messes of Bink video with crappy macro blocking all over the place. Halo Wars got around that because they had plenty of disc space, which is almost never the case.

Going from in-game stuff to prerendered transitions in something like the recent Mass Effect games is super jarring, but not because the transitions look better than the gameplay.
StalkerUKCG
(03-26-2012, 11:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Havok

Frankly, I find it to be the opposite case - prerendered cutscenes on the 360 are usually horribly compressed, washed out messes of Bink video with crappy macro blocking all over the place. Halo Wars got around that because they had plenty of disc space, which is almost never the case.

Going from in-game stuff to prerendered transitions in something like the recent Mass Effect games is super jarring, but not because the transitions look better than the gameplay.

Bink needs to die in a fucking fire already.
TheOddOne
(03-26-2012, 11:34 PM)

Yeah, that is also a factor. This could be remedied with better compression, then again it would be waste to compress fantastic work.

I'm in the camp that wants in-game cutscenes now, I rather have that then blocky videos.
Booshka
(03-26-2012, 11:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Overdoz1z

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doYLEVce_s8
Hypertrooper
(03-26-2012, 11:40 PM)

tbh. I'm agreeing with both of you. ME2's pre-rendered cutscene are so bad compressed. And I always feel disjointed when a CGI cutscene starts.
StalkerUKCG
(03-26-2012, 11:45 PM)

Yeah, that is also a factor. This could be remedied with better compression, then again it would be waste to compress fantastic work. I'm in the camp that wants in-game cutscenes, rather that then crappy blocking.

I was reading into video compression and came across something that basically said Bink can do compression really well and its had various updates however and is more than a little tweakable, however most devs are plain lazy and use the precoded compression setting and thats why you get horrible looking sonic generation esq cutscenes.
ElzarTheBam
(03-26-2012, 11:46 PM)

I'm in the camp that wants in-game cutscenes now, I rather have that then blocky videos.

lol.
Zeouterlimits
(03-26-2012, 11:51 PM)
Dat dual-layer dvd size limitation.
Domino Theory
343i Test
(03-26-2012, 11:52 PM)
So...Halo 4
789shadow
Banned
(03-26-2012, 11:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Domino Theory

So...Halo 4

That game's gonna SUCK.

lol
Hypertrooper
(03-26-2012, 11:55 PM)

So...Halo 4

Got cancelled because a Dutch site did not hear about the game for weeks. :p
ElzarTheBam
(03-26-2012, 11:57 PM)

Who cares about fake Germany?
Ramirez
Official EA Apologist
(03-26-2012, 11:59 PM)

So...Halo 4

Odd how all of the hype has been deflated just as quickly as it came...
StalkerUKCG
(03-27-2012, 12:07 AM)

Sounds Legit, 343i Drops halo 4 due to niche appeal base, focuses on New IP for microsoft details are sketchy but its rumoured to be a tactical military shooter set during the current iraq war, player takes on the role of a bald Scottish hero looking to rescue his bearded rotund friend from behind enemy lines while simultaneously ending the war.

Medal of Duty: Operation Teuchter Liberation, Saving David Ellis

Preorder with participating retailers to unlock bonus Kilt costume, Hulk Smash Hand and Mister Chief helmet
Steelyuhas
(03-27-2012, 12:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Ramirez

Well we still have an amazing lack of info.

We saw about 15 seconds of first person footage.
xxjuicesxx
(03-27-2012, 12:09 AM)
I don't think its gone, its just dusted over with nothing left to discuss. Lieing dormant waiting to explode again when fertilized by the moving pictures of trained video game journalists highs and lows as they attempt to play a game they will inevitably play less than everyone else while we watch in awe excited but dissapointed, as always.
Hitmonchan107
(03-27-2012, 12:10 AM)

Originally Posted by heckfu

I know this has nothing to do with anything, but this song has been on my mind all day and is really incredible. Perhaps it'll brighten your day, too!

A Silent Film - Danny, Dakota, and the Wishing Well

Sounds like a modern-day Jimmy Eat World. Thanks for the suggestion!

This has been stuck in my head for quite some time. Not for everyone, I admit.

Yeasayer -- Tightrope

I've been really into dream pop lately. Something about it just kicks me in the gut.

Beach House -- Silver Soul

St. Vincent -- Surgeon
Havok
(03-27-2012, 12:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Ramirez

My anticipation level dropped pretty sharply once news that there wasn't going to be a beta got out. Not that I don't have faith that it'll be fine, but its harder to rationalize excitement when the point where I'll actually get to play it is so much father away. Previews and trickles of information are ultimately not very interesting to me outside of graphical teases. It's all about the feel, man.
Hypertrooper
(03-27-2012, 12:16 AM)
I'm still pretty hyped. Watching the Making Halo 4 video everyday.

Originally Posted by Hitmonchan107

Yeasayer -- Tightrope

I've been really into dream pop lately. Something about it just kicks me in the gut.

St. Vincent -- Surgeon

I read Jimmy Eat World and my mind sings "Hey, dont write yourself off yet. It's only in your head you feel left out..."
Last edited by Hypertrooper; 03-27-2012 at 12:19 AM.
lybertyboy
Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
(03-27-2012, 12:16 AM)

Originally Posted by StalkerUKCG

Sounds Legit, 343i Drops halo 4 due to niche appeal base, focuses on New IP for microsoft details are sketchy but its rumoured to be a tactical military shooter set during the current iraq war, player takes on the role of a bald Scottish hero looking to rescue his bearded rotund friend from behind enemy lines while simultaneously ending the war.

Medal of Duty: Operation Teuchter Liberation, Saving David Ellis

Preorder with participating retailers to unlock bonus Kilt costume, Hulk Smash Hand and Mister Chief helmet

Homeboyd
(03-27-2012, 12:20 AM)
More news at Pax East...

...right?

:)
Zeouterlimits

I don't think its gone, its just dusted over with nothing left to discuss. Lieing dormant waiting to explode again when fertilized by the moving pictures of trained video game journalists highs and lows as they attempt to play a game they will inevitably play less than everyone else while we watch in awe excited but dissapointed, as always.

Pretty much. We mined what's there. We've no beta to be fapping in anticipation to. Just trucking along.
ElzarTheBam

Originally Posted by Steelyuhas

Well we still have an amazing lack of info.

We saw about 15 seconds of first person footage.

I'm just suprised MS have stayed leak free concerning H4.
heckfu
Banned
(03-27-2012, 12:21 AM)

Someone partied a little early for their bracket victory, eh?
Hypertrooper
(03-27-2012, 12:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Homeboyd

More news at Pax East...

...right?

Oh so right. Awesome news how the GAF crew is doing at the Reach tournament . Wait that's not what you are asking for?
Booshka
(03-27-2012, 12:22 AM)

Originally Posted by heckfu

Someone partied a little early for their bracket victory, eh?

You should have photoshopped the Waypoint age-gate instead.
Hitmonchan107
(03-27-2012, 12:26 AM)

Originally Posted by lybertyboy

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/lybertyboy/hulkfinger.jpg[IMG]

Tebowing before it was cool. Like a boss.
Homeboyd
(03-27-2012, 12:27 AM)

Oh so right. Awesome news how the GAF crew is doing at the Reach tournament . Wait that's not what you are asking for?

Say what now?
heckfu
Banned
(03-27-2012, 12:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Booshka

You should have photoshopped the Waypoint age-gate instead.

damnit, that would've been funnier.
vhfive
(03-27-2012, 12:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Hitmonchan107

Yeasayer -- Tightrope

St. Vincent -- Surgeon

sounds like you would like this

goes well in a montage
Steelyuhas
(03-27-2012, 12:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Homeboyd

More news at Pax East...

...right?

They have no booth right?

So, no lol.
ncsuDuncan
(03-27-2012, 12:44 AM)

Originally Posted by vhfive

sounds like you would like this

goes well in a montage

Is there a dubstep version of that song? Not that I'm looking for montage music or anything...

Originally Posted by Steelyuhas

They have no booth right?

So, no lol.

Well there is an Xbox booth, so there's always hope...

If nothing else, Hyper has the right idea. The Reach tournament will be plenty of fun. I'm planning on recording as much footage of it as possible.
Zeouterlimits
(03-27-2012, 12:45 AM)

Originally Posted by ncsuDuncan

Is there a dubstep version of that song? Not that I'm looking for montage music or anything...

Got it covered.
kylej
Banned
(03-27-2012, 12:46 AM)
The reveal had a level that looked like a grey, more complicated version of Orbital with a random mech being built, and Assembly with Narrows' aesthetic. The John Carter marketing team must be the one behind Halo 4 previews.
StalkerUKCG
(03-27-2012, 12:46 AM)

Originally Posted by ncsuDuncan

Well there is an Xbox booth, so there's always hope...

If nothing else, Hyper has the right idea. The Reach tournament will be plenty of fun. I'm planning on recording as much footage of it as possible.

Make your own
Booshka
(03-27-2012, 12:53 AM)

Originally Posted by kylej

The reveal had a level that looked like a grey, more complicated version of Orbital with a random mech being built, and Assembly with Narrows' aesthetic. The John Carter marketing team must be the one behind Halo 4 previews.

But hey, how about that BR eh?