• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

BlazingDarkness
(03-09-2012, 10:51 PM)
Day one.
Svafnir
(03-09-2012, 10:51 PM)
Meh looks good to me, I've only played mgs4... Really need to play the others sometime!
Liquid_015
(03-09-2012, 11:17 PM)
The real question is...

Does it include Metal Gear Online 1?!
TheFLYINGManga_Ka
(03-09-2012, 11:22 PM)
Does this include Peace Walker? If so, it's a must-have and it's a great collection.
sajj316
(03-09-2012, 11:22 PM)
Is it Koji Pro or BluePoint handling the port?
Ridley327
(03-09-2012, 11:24 PM)

Originally Posted by TheFLYINGManga_Ka

Does this include Peace Walker? If so, it's a must-have and it's a great collection.

No; there is no Peace Walker HD currently in the works for Vita.
leng jai
(03-09-2012, 11:25 PM)
Screens look a bit off and the color seems really washed out. Probably won't get this since I've already got it on PS3.
Blablurn
Banned
(03-09-2012, 11:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Liquid_015

The real question is...

Does it include Metal Gear Online 1?!

nope
pharmboy044
(03-09-2012, 11:31 PM)
This package tells you what a ripoff the 3DS version was.
Nemo
Will Eat Your Children
(03-09-2012, 11:37 PM)
Maybe it's just me but I remember the PC version being a lot better ://

Will get just for MGS2 portable tho :o
Blablurn
Banned
(03-09-2012, 11:54 PM)
its crazy that i will be able to play both games on a handheld. and even though i finished them a thousand times im looking forward to do it again
iKeepPlaying
Banned
(03-09-2012, 11:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Blablurn

its crazy that i will be able to play both games on a handheld. and even though i finished them a thousand times im looking forward to do it again

If that is being crazy, I don't wanna be sane.
phosphor112
Banned
(03-10-2012, 12:04 AM)

Originally Posted by ReturnOfTheRAT

Double dip time.

My mind goes into the gutter every time someones says that...
BigTnaples
(03-10-2012, 12:06 AM)
Skipped the PS3 version for this. Hope I made the right choice. Really no excuse for this game not to have great IQ on the PSV.
Raonak
Banned
(03-10-2012, 12:07 AM)
Vita games look horrible in screenshots when you put them anything but the vita screen.

Infact

PROTIP:look at this thread via the vita bowser to see how it would look.

Seriously. the screens do no justice on normal computer screens.
IQ and colours really improve tenfold.
Last edited by Raonak; 03-10-2012 at 01:12 AM. Reason: there is still some stubstances running through my bloodstream, so take my post with a grain of salt.
BlazingDarkness
(03-10-2012, 12:16 AM)

Originally Posted by leng jai

Screens look a bit off and the color seems really washed out. Probably won't get this since I've already got it on PS3.

If my experience with the Vita serves me right, the colours will pop amazingly on the Vita screen. Everything looks more vibrant on it
LowEndTorque
(03-10-2012, 12:18 AM)
looks extremely aliased. almost as bad as those Unit 13 screens.

looks great otherwise though. I wonder if the aliasing looks that pronounced on the Vita screen itself?
phosphor112
Banned
(03-10-2012, 12:23 AM)

Originally Posted by LowEndTorque

looks extremely aliased. almost as bad as those Unit 13 screens.

looks great otherwise though. I wonder if the aliasing looks that pronounced on the Vita screen itself?

UC:GA and Unit 13 look like washed out vomit off of the Vita screen. They look fine on it.

I would guess this would be no different.
XOMTOR
(03-10-2012, 12:27 AM)

Originally Posted by LowEndTorque

The colors and contrast do look great on Vita's screen. For sure, screenshots viewed on a desktop browser won't do them justice; however the aliasing is still very much noticeable even when viewed natively on the Vita.
Heavy's Sandvich
(03-10-2012, 12:29 AM)
Cannot wait. Purchase justified.
PerZona
(03-10-2012, 12:35 AM)
Definitely day one.

And these screens doesn't do any justice. On the OLED screen it will be much much better. PS Vita owners should know this.
MRORANGE
(03-10-2012, 12:48 AM)

Originally Posted by 54-46!

Still waiting for the PC version.

well Metal Gear Solid 2 does run in HD for pc, it's just a matter for all the rest (excluding mgs1) to come on board to the platform.

AiTM
Banned
(03-10-2012, 12:53 AM)
release date? price?
AiTM
Banned
(03-10-2012, 12:54 AM)

Originally Posted by PerZona

Definitely day one.

And these screens doesn't do any justice. On the OLED screen it will be much much better. PS Vita owners should know this.

THIS. when i looked at screens of uncharted and NG sigma...I thought they looked like jaggy handicapped cousins of a PS3 game...but when you see them on Vita its a whole different world. The beautiful orange falling leaves in Ninja Gaiden, and the stunning green foliage of Uncharted. It really is a different experience on the OLED.
PSY・S
(03-10-2012, 12:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Svafnir

Meh looks good to me, I've only played mgs4... Really need to play the others sometime!

Same here.

Originally Posted by Raonak

Vita games look horrible in screenshots when you put them anything but the vita screen.

Infact

Still doesn't look too hot.
RooMHM
(03-10-2012, 01:04 AM)

Infact

Well, at least YOU look convinced :lol
Omikaru
Banned
(03-10-2012, 01:08 AM)

Originally Posted by MRORANGE

well Metal Gear Solid 2 does run in HD for pc, it's just a matter for all the rest (excluding mgs1) to come on board to the platform.

Let's not kid ourselves here, though. MGS2 on PC is a horrible port. Really, I think it's the worst port since Metal Gear on the C64.
Crakatak187
F'n LOVES Jonas Brothers
(03-10-2012, 01:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Forsete

Why on earth is this sub-Vita res? :(

Anyway, will get for MGS2. :D EXCITE!

Where the hell is the proof on that? I like to see a link.
Alchemy
(03-10-2012, 01:10 AM)
If it ends up not running at native res and not containing Peace Walker when its released in the US I'll probably pass and try to find a PS3 version. Pretty disappointing.
beril
(03-10-2012, 01:13 AM)
With all these people ready to defend sub native resolutions on Vita because it still look good on the small screen, and with the trend of most graphically demanding games (and even PS2 ports for gods sake) not rendering at native res, it kind of begs the question: did sony go overboard with the screen resolution?

Things will always look a lot better at native resolusiton, and if the GPU can't handle doing this kind of graphics in that resolution, would it have been better to ship it with a lower res screen (853x480 is fairly common in android devices for example, which I think is closer to the resolution here), would it have saved costs? Or is is it worth it for the games that do manage to render in native res?

You could argue that these are first gen games and it will look better once developers figure out the hardware; but if this generations of consoles is anything to go by, IQ is not what gets better further into the hardware cycle, more like the other way around.
MRORANGE
(03-10-2012, 01:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Omikaru

Let's not kid ourselves here, though. MGS2 on PC is a horrible port. Really, I think it's the worst port since Metal Gear on the C64.

trying to get it to work on modern pc's: yes but it looks better than the vanilla ps2 version and actually looks better than the vita version.
Radec
(03-10-2012, 01:42 AM)
Any Vita owner here tried to view those screens on their Vita to see how they'll look ?
FantasticMrFoxdie
(03-10-2012, 01:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Radec

Any Vita owner here tried to view those screens on their Vita to see how they'll look ?

Infact

?
Henry Jones Jr
(03-10-2012, 02:06 AM)
Well, I only have 4 copies of MGS2, so depending on the price I might quintuple dip.
Pranay_
(03-10-2012, 02:08 AM)

Originally Posted by MRORANGE

lol seriously ?

its one of the worst ports i have played/

HD versions/Vita/PS2/PS2 Emulator would be better -_-
Durante
I'm taking it FROM here, so says Mr. Stewart
(03-10-2012, 02:12 AM)

Infact

Vita games with bad IQ look horrible in screenshots. Vita games with great IQ look good in screenshots.
LaneDS
(03-10-2012, 02:12 AM)

Infact

My Vita doesn't have a Bowser :(
Ken Masters
Banned
(03-10-2012, 02:15 AM)
Uncharted screen captures look bad, Uncharted on the Vita through the OLED screen and it's by far the best looking launch title
CinnabonJovii
(03-10-2012, 02:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Durante

Vita games with bad IQ look horrible in screenshots. Vita games with great IQ look good in screenshots.

Pretty much this. Games like Uncharted look terrible in screenshots, but don't look bad on the Vita. OTOH, games like VT4 look great in screenshots and even better on the Vita.
orioto
Good Art™
(03-10-2012, 02:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Ken Masters

Uncharted screen captures look bad, Uncharted on the Vita through the OLED screen and it's by far the best looking launch title

No it's not.
Ken Masters
Banned
(03-10-2012, 02:20 AM)

Originally Posted by orioto

No it's not.

what Vita game is better looking then Uncharted?
Pimpbaa
Official Forum Cocksucker
(03-10-2012, 02:21 AM)

Originally Posted by pa22word

Looks better than the 3DS version does IMO. The 3DS version may have touched up textures here and there, but those are meaningless due to the extremely low resolution of the 3DS screen.

That and some modern effects added. I think the 3DS version looks better despite the low resolution. *prepares for shitstorm*

edit: although MGS3 will probably look much better (than the 3DS version) on an actual Vita screen, not blown up screenshots.
Last edited by Pimpbaa; 03-10-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Durante
I'm taking it FROM here, so says Mr. Stewart
(03-10-2012, 02:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Pimpbaa

That and some modern effects added. I think the 3DS version looks better despite the low resolution. *prepares for shitstorm*

From what I've seen the 3DS version runs at ~20 FPS. Even if it looked better in stills (which IMHO it doesn't, the resolution is just too low) it would still be an inferior product.
orioto
Good Art™
(03-10-2012, 02:28 AM)

what Vita game is better looking then Uncharted?

Wipe Out, Rayman (ok it's cheating), lots of vita games have a way better iq and i find Uncharted jungle background messy and ugly, but that's my opinion.
Ken Masters
Banned
(03-10-2012, 02:32 AM)

Originally Posted by orioto

Wipe Out, Rayman (ok it's cheating), lots of vita games have a way better iq and i find Uncharted jungle background messy and ugly, but that's my opinion.

Have you heard of scale? Wipeout is a great looking game (30FPS) but is just constrained to a smaller environment so image quality can look better. Uncharted isn't graphically perfect but it's still the best looking game on the Vita as of launch.
Pimpbaa
Official Forum Cocksucker
(03-10-2012, 02:34 AM)

From what I've seen the 3DS version runs at ~20 FPS. Even if it looked better in stills (which IMHO it doesn't, the resolution is just too low) it would still be an inferior product.

I'm comparing the actual game on 3DS to the stills from the Vita. Like my edit said though, it probably looks a hell of a lot better on a Vita due to the OLED screen.
theBishop
Banned
(03-10-2012, 02:38 AM)

Definitely true. Dynamic lighting doesn't show itself in screenshots, and Uncharted has the best I've seen on Vita. Also, the environments are more vibrant, with pretty normal maps and specularity. Wipeout's image quality is cleaner, but Uncharted's overall effect is much more impressive.
Thoraxes
(03-10-2012, 03:11 AM)

Originally Posted by BladeoftheImmortal

That's why i just buy all of em. kojima takes my money every fucking gen.

I am 100% guilty of this too.

I buy all of them!

It's smoother in-gameplay. The cutscenes for some reason are guilty of this in there though.
animlboogy
(03-10-2012, 03:25 AM)
Are the PW servers still up? It would suck to play that game along with this collection and not get the full experience the consoles are getting.
Sagitario
(03-10-2012, 07:26 AM)
I got the PS2 collection, the HD collection [PS3] and TTS. That's enough MGS backlog for now, so I won't be getting this anytime soon (if ever).

Originally Posted by dark10x

2) The remake that DOES exist, however, was created by Silicon Knights for Gamecube. Kojima wasn't too happy with Twin Snakes and its external development probably plays a role here as well. Porting this around probably has too many issues to deal with.

When did he say this? Link?