• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

SmithnCo
(03-27-2012, 04:56 AM)
About to start chapter 25. Chapter 24 seems like a decent one to run-through for loot. I got a couple decent weapons.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(03-27-2012, 04:58 AM)
Sorry about that guys, my DSL cut out right in the middle of the match.
timetokill
I call 'em "death hugs"
(03-27-2012, 05:00 AM)
My copy just arrived today. I don't really know much about this game's extra features. Cards I got:

- Pit
- Palutena
- Dark Pit
- Three-Headed Hewdraw
- Standard Orbitars
- Monoeye

.. I dunno, any good ones there? Eager to start the game.
Busaiku
(03-27-2012, 05:00 AM)
Hey did you guys know that you get points for running when you can in the flying sections.
Like Sin & Punishment.
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(03-27-2012, 05:04 AM)
So many twists and turns in this game. Wowzer.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(03-27-2012, 05:04 AM)

Not my work, but wow 25 years later huh?
Bullza2o
(03-27-2012, 05:07 AM)
CodeBlue did you just get a glitch? You were floating.
Jintor
a mod to tag him
(03-27-2012, 05:07 AM)
Re: Medusa makeover: not entirely true lol
branny
(03-27-2012, 05:08 AM)
I think it's just the connection. =\
sorijealut
(03-27-2012, 05:08 AM)
ggs codeblue, bran, Bullza
Last edited by sorijealut; 03-27-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Azure J
(03-27-2012, 05:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Jintor

Yeah, didn't non monster/hot Medusa literally fall over dead when you destroyed the monster form's eye in the original KI?
SmithnCo
(03-27-2012, 05:12 AM)

Yep, haha.

Anyway, I just beat the game. That was more than a worthy revival of the series. Hope to see it continue. I don't know how they'd outdo themselves though, this game has such a large sprawling story.

Also, Hades treasure hunt. Good lord there is a lot to unlock in this game.
Last edited by SmithnCo; 03-27-2012 at 05:17 AM.
PK Gaming
(03-27-2012, 05:19 AM)
Yeah, this is how she looked way back then.

mmmhmmm
Incitemaybe
(03-27-2012, 05:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Busaiku

Hey did you guys know that you get points for running when you can in the flying sections.
Like Sin & Punishment.

I didn't know you got anything for it but when I discovered you could I thought it was awesome :)
DGRE
Banned
(03-27-2012, 05:25 AM)
Guys!! I want in on this multiplayer match right now!!

2363-5663-7186
TDLink
(03-27-2012, 05:28 AM)
So now that we know that Intensity 10.0 unlocks when you beat every chapter on 9.0 we obviously need to find out what happens when you beat every chapter on 10.0. This game seems to have infinite unlockables.
Bullza2o
(03-27-2012, 05:29 AM)

Originally Posted by branny

I think it's just the connection. =\

Most likely

Originally Posted by sorijealut

ggs codeblue, bran, Bullza

GG guys!

Originally Posted by DGRE

Guys!! I want in on this multiplayer match right now!!

2363-5663-7186

Sorry but we were done already :\ Next time!
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.
(03-27-2012, 05:32 AM)
I've said it before, we need to have the thread title changed to THIS GAME
Axelstream
(03-27-2012, 05:35 AM)
Finished the campaign this afternoon. Loved it to pieces -- wildly charming story and writing, exhilaratingly paced gameplay, endless customization -- I can't praise it enough. When a game can strip away my desire to look at it from a design/critical perspective and instead make me look on in child-eyed wonder (not to mention change my NeoGAF avatar, of all things), I know it's completely won me over. I had no idea this would become one of my favorite Nintendo games in the span of what, three days? So good. I very much look forward to future explorations of the KI-verse, as well as the next Smash Brothers installments!

Speaking of which, the whole time I was playing I was thinking about who from Uprising should be in the next Smash Brothers! In terms of character design, personality and fighting style I really liked Arlon and Phosphora, even though their roles in the story were both woefully small. Unfortunately, a lot of the characters aside from say, Palutena (who I wouldn't mind) -- as cool as they may have been -- were lacking in either relevance to the story (i.e. the aforementioned two) or displayed battle prowess (i.e. Viridi). And while the Smash team can compensate for the latter, the former is most definitely an obstacle.
Jintor
a mod to tag him
(03-27-2012, 05:36 AM)
Give me weapon fusion tips damn you all!
kunonabi
(03-27-2012, 05:39 AM)
tracking updates say I should get the game on Wednesday. A little late considering I did 2-day shipping but Amazon price-matched the best buy sale so I'm not going to complain.

All these positive impressions are killing me.
Codeblue
(03-27-2012, 05:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Bullza2o

CodeBlue did you just get a glitch? You were floating.

My internet cut out twice, sorry about that!

I had fun though, good games everyone.
sorijealut
(03-27-2012, 05:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Smiles and Cries

I've said it before, we need to have the thread title changed to THIS GAME

Hahaha, it's true though.
Now that you mention it, that was my first post here too. First thing everyone says.

Originally Posted by Codeblue

My internet cut out twice, sorry about that!

I had fun though, good games everyone.

I see, yep yep.
DGRE
Banned
(03-27-2012, 05:43 AM)
Babel Club is your friend.

Trust me.
RawkHawk2010
Banned
(03-27-2012, 05:43 AM)
Spoilers for final chapter:

Does anyone know why Medusa helps Pit and betrays Hades, exactly? I know she was tired of being a puppet, but she didn't seem to mind all that much at the beginning of the game.

Did she just not want Hades consuming all of existence or something? :P
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.
(03-27-2012, 05:48 AM)
I'm just about to go for the final chapter

then I can focus on collecting stuff and maybe one day beat a chapter on 9.0
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(03-27-2012, 05:51 AM)
Really liking my Gaol Blade. Stealth claws are really strong, but sucks that I cant see the bullets.
Incitemaybe
(03-27-2012, 05:55 AM)

Give me weapon fusion tips damn you all!

I second this! I'm sad that I fused my good Faerie Orbitars away and now I don't really have anything I like as much.
nckillthegrimace
(03-27-2012, 05:55 AM)

Originally Posted by RawkHawk2010

Does anyone know why Medusa helps Pit and betrays Hades, exactly? I know she was tired of being a puppet, but she didn't seem to mind all that much at the beginning of the game.

She didn't know she was a puppet at the beginning of the game. In chapter 9 she keeps talking about how there's something wrong with her memories.
TDLink
(03-27-2012, 05:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Axelstream

Finished the campaign this afternoon. Loved it to pieces -- wildly charming story and writing, exhilaratingly paced gameplay, endless customization -- I can't praise it enough. When a game can strip away my desire to look at it from a design/critical perspective and instead make me look on in child-eyed wonder (not to mention change my NeoGAF avatar, of all things), I know it's completely won me over. I had no idea this would become one of my favorite Nintendo games in the span of what, three days? So good. I very much look forward to future explorations of the KI-verse, as well as the next Smash Brothers installments!

Speaking of which, the whole time I was playing I was thinking about who from Uprising should be in the next Smash Brothers! In terms of character design, personality and fighting style I really liked Arlon and Phosphora, even though their roles in the story were both woefully small. Unfortunately, a lot of the characters aside from say, Palutena (who I wouldn't mind) -- as cool as they may have been -- were lacking in either relevance to the story (i.e. the aforementioned two) or displayed battle prowess (i.e. Viridi). And while the Smash team can compensate for the latter, the former is most definitely an obstacle.

Honestly I would take any of the Kid Icarus characters as new Smash Bros. characters. What will likely end up happening though is many will become Assist Trophies. Realistically the only new ones that are going to be added as full characters (other than Pit of course) will be Palutena and/or Hades simply due to their plot significance, continued appearance for most of the game, and demonstrated fighting abilities. Everyone else, while cool, only shows up briefly for a chapter or two and thus aren't really viable candidates. The only other characters to show up with some frequency are Viridi and Medusa and honestly that first one displays no battle prowess in the game. Both of those also have the disadvantage of fulfilling similar roles to Palutena and Hades...who like I said I think are both more likely.

Originally Posted by RawkHawk2010

I don't think she realized that at the beginning. If I remember right i thought she was confused about it or didn't think she was...or something to that effect. I need to replay Chapter 9 to be sure but I am fairly certain there is dialogue about it in there.
Jintor
a mod to tag him
(03-27-2012, 05:56 AM)
Aaaaaand game complete (but not really, just the mission mode)

Goddamn, that was amazing. Wow. I'm going to be playing this for a long time to come.

/edit HOLY WHAT HADES HAS A TREASURE HUNT? God fuckin' DAMN
Cheska
(03-27-2012, 06:02 AM)
WOW. Loving the heck out of this game and I'm only on Chapter 3. How are fellow leftys playing this? I have a CC Pro and have adjusted the sensitivity for the reticule but my hand cramps up really quickly :(
Busaiku
(03-27-2012, 06:07 AM)
Why don't Poseidon and Pyrrhon have Treasure Hunts?
Or do they?

Only through chapter 15.
Im_So_Pringles
(03-27-2012, 06:09 AM)
I need to quit reading this thread :(

I don't have the cash for a 3DS right now :(

I want this game soooooooo bad........
DXB-KNIGHT
(03-27-2012, 06:11 AM)
I'm right handed but I use the Pro to increase the 3DS size since it feels more comfortable
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.
(03-27-2012, 06:13 AM)
damn I cannot get pass this posing shots :(
Axelstream
(03-27-2012, 06:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Busaiku

Why don't Poseidon and Pyrrhon have Treasure Hunts?
Or do they?

Only through chapter 15.

They don't, to my knowledge. Without really spoiling anything up until the point that you're at (though I'll put tags and be vague just in case), I'll just say that I think the characters they chose for the treasure hunts make sense because they represent the main forces battling throughout the majority of the game.
SteeloDMZ
Banned
(03-27-2012, 06:15 AM)
So today was the Zelda Orchestra at Seattle. I streetpassed 100 folks, and I'm happy to report that a fair number of people were playing Uprising.
timetokill
I call 'em "death hugs"
(03-27-2012, 06:16 AM)
Just finished the first 2 missions. Incredible presentation! The voice acting, while cheesy, is self-aware enough to not be annoying, and so wild-eyed and optimistic that you can't help but be won over by it.

How is the difficulty curve in this game? I tried mission 2 at 2.5 since the first mission was so easy, and then even mission 2's boss went down without much of a struggle. I feel like the game is tricking me into ramping it up too far!
Busaiku
(03-27-2012, 06:17 AM)

Originally Posted by timetokill

How is the difficulty curve in this game? I tried mission 2 at 2.5 since the first mission was so easy, and then even mission 2's boss went down without much of a struggle. I feel like the game is tricking me into ramping it up too far!

Personally, I don't think it gets bad at all until 6.0, 7.0 gives me trouble (mainly due to my stupidity), 8.0 is hard, 9.0 is really hard.
Prior to that, it's easy to steamroll everything.
ShockingAlberto
(03-27-2012, 06:17 AM)

Just finished the first 2 missions. Incredible presentation! The voice acting, while cheesy, is self-aware enough to not be annoying, and so wild-eyed and optimistic that you can't help but be won over by it.

I don't get smacked down at 4.5, but I have a little bit of trouble and occasionally die on it.
Jintor
a mod to tag him
(03-27-2012, 06:19 AM)
Can't wait until I have more time to really perfect some of these levels.
JazzmanZ
(03-27-2012, 06:23 AM)
Finally beat the Final boss, jesus fuck I didn't expect to die so many times and on 2.0 intensity too.

I shudder to try that battle again at a 9.0 intensity or 10.0
Bjoern the Smexy
(03-27-2012, 06:28 AM)

Originally Posted by SteeloDMZ

So today was the Zelda Orchestra at Seattle. I streetpassed 100 folks, and I'm happy to report that a fair number of people were playing Uprising.

That's nice to hear.
I need to play against some of you, GAF. But I never seem to see you guys online or in a game :(
Busaiku
(03-27-2012, 06:30 AM)

Originally Posted by SteeloDMZ

Probably not good to judge based on a hardcore Nintendo event with hardcore Nintendo fans.
Poyunch
(03-27-2012, 06:31 AM)
I hate Chapter 9. My Gaol Blade was way better than these crappy light arrows.
TDLink
(03-27-2012, 06:33 AM)

Originally Posted by PounchEnvy

I hate Chapter 9. My Gaol Blade was way better than these crappy light arrows.

You can do it with any loadout you like after you have beaten it once by tapping the extra icon on the chapter image when selecting it.
Phife Dawg
(03-27-2012, 06:39 AM)

Originally Posted by DGRE

Babel Club is your friend.

Trust me.

I like the Atlas Club personally. Not necessarily because of the weapon itself but it just looks cool to whack guys with a giant arm.

You should be good on lower difficulties. Things ramp up after 6 though. Haven't had any luck with 9 (only tried the first level). This difficulty/heart/loot system really is pure genius.
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.
(03-27-2012, 06:41 AM)

Originally Posted by JazzmanZ

Finally beat the Final boss, jesus fuck I didn't expect to die so many times and on 2.0 intensity too.

I shudder to try that battle again at a 9.0 intensity or 10.0

seriously wow died like crazy how can this be passed on 9.0?

now I just need to now how many heart I have to give the goddess to party :3
Dark Schala
Eloquent Princess
(03-27-2012, 06:41 AM)

Originally Posted by branny

I hope you love it! It's grown on me so much in such a short span of time. It reminds me of all the fun I used to have with Phantom Dust. The production values are insane, and it's overflowing with content. The controls take some getting used to, but everything should click if you can get over the hump. Hands will probably still hurt, though, haha. :(

I think I'm starting to get used to it now. On Chapter 4. And lol, we generally seem to like similar stuff, so it isn't much of a surprise that I'm liking this so far.

SO MUCH STUFF IN THIS GAME.