• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

SmithnCo
(04-14-2012, 01:09 AM)

Originally Posted by muu

League games could be fun. Dunno if there's enough interest out there for it though?

Think it would be helpful to have an IRC chan set up somewhere though, both for setting up games and mid-game communication. Wish this had MK7's community feature so getting something set up wasn't so cumbersome.

I would be interested in a league if someone set it up.
Dr.Hadji
(04-14-2012, 02:12 AM)

Originally Posted by storafötter

Anyone currently actively playing Kid Icarus for some hours? I rarely find anyone logged on from those I added from the big ass list. Still have like over 25 people who hasn't added me back :(.

Just added all the people behind me on the list (from Marcus down). Other should add the newbies.

Goodness. Only 23 out of 81 people have added me.
Last edited by Dr.Hadji; 04-14-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Green Mamba
(04-14-2012, 02:16 AM)
This might be common knowledge, but I didn't realize until recently that you earn points for running on the ground (when able to) during the flying sections
Zebra
(04-14-2012, 02:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Green Mamba

This might be common knowledge, but I didn't realize until recently that you earn points for running on the ground (when able to) during the flying sections

Totally didn't know this, thanks for the tip. I only recently discovered you could walk on the flying hydra after going back and watching the original KI:U reveal trailer from E3 a couple years back, but I didn't know there were ground portions I could run on.

Speaking of that trailer, Palutena sounds like a robot in it by comparison with how she sounds now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7detDcmMKY
Gospel
Parmesan et Romano
(04-14-2012, 02:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Green Mamba

That'll come in handy for some of the score achievements.

One thing I just learned is that you can do a dash melee attack by dashing forward and pushing backwards on the circle pad + the L button. It's useful for those times you can't risk getting too close to an enemy for the crosshair to change.
Boogiepop
(04-14-2012, 02:35 AM)
Huh. For the "Knock all guards in the trench simultaneously" I tried setting off a mega laser instantly, and saw all 4 fly up, then blasted the thing to death once the shield went down. And yet I didn't get the accomplishment. Huh. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

Also, what qualifies as a "dash melee attack" for the things that require beating bosses with it? I tried doing a dash forward and attack within melee range on Hades' Heart, but it didn't count.

Oh, and I'm now finding some serious hatred for "don't get damaged" things. They take feel sooooo long and then an enemy launches an unexpected attack or a bit of the environment taps you and that's it.
Sagitario
(04-14-2012, 03:29 AM)
I remember someone posting some control tweaks to make the game feel/control better during ground missions.

Anyone got a link to that post?
Last edited by Sagitario; 04-14-2012 at 03:36 AM.
Codeblue
(04-14-2012, 03:31 AM)
I'm hosting right now. If you want to join but aren't on my friends list, let me know.
Insaniac
(04-14-2012, 03:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Codeblue

I'm hosting right now. If you want to join but aren't on my friends list, let me know.

add me please 4425-1562-4670
Codeblue
(04-14-2012, 03:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Insaniac

add me please 4425-1562-4670

Done, check the doc at the bottom of the OP for my code.
Neiteio
(04-14-2012, 03:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Sagitario

I remember someone posting some control tweaks to make the game feel/control better during ground missions.

Anyone got a link to that post?

Increase aiming speed for both flight and ground to maximum speed for both horizontal and vertical. Also, increase the camera stopping speed to the maximum. BAM. Perfect control.
PwnCakes193
(04-14-2012, 04:23 AM)
Nice game Gospel, sorry I had to run.

I just woke up so I was too groggy, I want more rematches!
Smashkirby
(04-14-2012, 04:25 AM)
Aww yeah. Full house, let's do it!
Gospel
Parmesan et Romano
(04-14-2012, 04:28 AM)

Originally Posted by PwnCakes193

Nice game Gospel, sorry I had to run.

I just woke up so I was too groggy, I want more rematches!

For sure! I think those were probably the best matches I've had in this game. You should stayed for at least one, though! But yea, I definitely want more rematches :)
Sagitario
(04-14-2012, 04:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Neiteio

Increase aiming speed for both flight and ground to maximum speed for both horizontal and vertical. Also, increase the camera stopping speed to the maximum. BAM. Perfect control.

Thanks! Just changed them. Will try it when the 3DS finishes charging.
Neiteio
(04-14-2012, 04:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Sagitario

Thanks! Just changed them. Will try it when the 3DS finishes charging.

Just to be clear, you want it so the camera stops on a dime. I just want to make sure I'm understood correctly. Your mileage may vary but it worked extremely well for me. Short, quick flicks to minutely and precisely adjust the camera on the fly. :)
Anustart
(04-14-2012, 04:50 AM)
So stoked right now. Found an incredible pair of beam claws. 6 stars range, 1 melee, + health, + defense, + continuous fire and no negative stats. These should help me on my intensity 9 quest.
ColonelSkills
(04-14-2012, 04:59 AM)
I'm missing a link. Someone a bit back in the thread linked a list or catalogue of the AR cards, but I'll be damned if I can find that post again.

Anyone got it? I'm curious about the size of this set and what's all in it.
Insaniac
(04-14-2012, 05:03 AM)

Originally Posted by ColonelSkills

I'm missing a link. Someone a bit back in the thread linked a list or catalogue of the AR cards, but I'll be damned if I can find that post again.

Anyone got it? I'm curious about the size of this set and what's all in it.

Its in the OP.

And GG to all earlier, that was a lot of fun!
ColonelSkills
(04-14-2012, 05:09 AM)
Wow, I am embarassed. I'm an idiot. Thanks though!
Codeblue
(04-14-2012, 05:26 AM)
Good games everyone.
Nub
(04-14-2012, 05:29 AM)
Looks like i missed out on some good games again :(

You bros gonna be on tomorrow? I may host an ffa
ScraftyDevil
(04-14-2012, 05:52 AM)

Originally Posted by NubInaTub

Looks like i missed out on some good games again :(

You bros gonna be on tomorrow? I may host an ffa

I'll be ready to be destroyed by you and Gospel play some games tomorrow around 1:00 PM GMT-4.

If one thing's for sure, it's that GAF FFAs are always very interesting.
Busaiku
(04-14-2012, 05:54 AM)
Maybe I can try Viridi Palms in Free For All, cause Violet Palms, sadly, are horrible there.
Nub
(04-14-2012, 06:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Busaiku

Maybe I can try Viridi Palms in Free For All, cause Violet Palms, sadly, are horrible there.

Yea, viridi palms with transparency would be really goo in ffa.
SteeloDMZ
Banned
(04-14-2012, 06:59 AM)
So how many chapters have you guys 9.0'd? I just beat my third one, and it was sooooo satisfying. Still a long eay to go.
Truth101
Banned
(04-14-2012, 07:04 AM)
Has anyone 10 pointed everything?
Busaiku
(04-14-2012, 07:04 AM)
I still can't do Chapter 8.
John Harker
Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
(04-14-2012, 10:09 AM)
Woa Light vs Dark is a terrible mess of a mode. How did this make it in it's current form? Unless I'm missing something - its possible I am, I just got the game recently - but how does one even distinguish who an ally and who an enemy is? It's also insanely unbalanced. And you die so quickly. I... can't wrap my head around it.
SmithnCo
(04-14-2012, 10:11 AM)

Originally Posted by John Harker

Woa Light vs Dark is a terrible mess of a mode. How did this make it in it's current form? Unless I'm missing something - its possible I am, I just got the game recently - but how does one even distinguish who an ally and who an enemy is? It's also insanely unbalanced. And you die so quickly. I... can't wrap my head around it.

It's very hectic. You pretty much need a decent weapon and some good powers to be able to just survive. I would recommend the play dead or transparency powers if you want to not be targeted and taken out constantly when you're starting.
lazybones18
(04-14-2012, 10:23 AM)
Don't forget that Gamestop is handing out AR cards this afternoon

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/kidicarus/
Sagitario
(04-14-2012, 11:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Neiteio

Just to be clear, you want it so the camera stops on a dime. I just want to make sure I'm understood correctly. Your mileage may vary but it worked extremely well for me. Short, quick flicks to minutely and precisely adjust the camera on the fly. :)

I understood, so far, they seem good (or better at least). Thank you.
KevinCow
Banned
(04-14-2012, 04:58 PM)

Shoot people. Don't get shot.
jgkspsx
(04-14-2012, 05:08 PM)

Try the local multiplayer with bots. You can get weapons this way too!

Enemies have brackets over their heads, and their text is orange instead of white, and they're either black or white, depending what side you're on.

It's a bit unbalanced, but you can land on teams with stronger people, so it balances out decently, IMO. I've enjoyed it as much as any multiplayer online game in ages.
Dr.Hadji
(04-14-2012, 05:18 PM)

Yah that probably has something to do with it. Remember, the weapons are the characters. When the match starts, take a look at that bottom screen to see what weapons your enemies are sportin. The weapon symbol shows up a lot sooner than the enemies name in red.
Busaiku
(04-14-2012, 05:25 PM)
Does anyone know if Power Thief stacks?
Like if I steal a power and can use it again, will I get 2 powers, or will the 1st be replaced?
RaGNaRoK 2k5
(04-14-2012, 05:33 PM)
Hey GAF. Just wanted to chime in on how great this game is and offer my friend code for some multiplayer. I've added myself to the spreadsheet and I'm slowly making my way down the list adding everyone. I make sure to play at least an hour a day of Light versus Dark so feel free to add me. My friend code is 3394-3548-0129.
weird
(04-14-2012, 07:37 PM)
Soooo... Anybody on the list wanna add me?
Just post here (or pm) and i add you back!
or if you added me and i didn't you ad back for now: let me know!

adding 800 bazillion codes and wait for anythin to happen is not my thing.
i just wanna play less with randoms and play more with gaffers.

who's down with me?
i'm from germany, just for the timezone and all. Everyone is welcome!
KevinCow
Banned
(04-14-2012, 09:21 PM)

Originally Posted by RaGNaRoK 2k5

Hey GAF. Just wanted to chime in on how great this game is and offer my friend code for some multiplayer. I've added myself to the spreadsheet and I'm slowly making my way down the list adding everyone. I make sure to play at least an hour a day of Light versus Dark so feel free to add me. My friend code is 3394-3548-0129.

Originally Posted by weird

Soooo... Anybody on the list wanna add me?
Just post here (or pm) and i add you back!
or if you added me and i didn't you ad back for now: let me know!

adding 800 bazillion codes and wait for anythin to happen is not my thing.
i just wanna play less with randoms and play more with gaffers.

who's down with me?
i'm from germany, just for the timezone and all. Everyone is welcome!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3ZSWmdDVUpTS0E

Just add a few people, and then PM them and let them know your friend code.
izakq
(04-14-2012, 09:34 PM)

Originally Posted by lazybones18

Don't forget that Gamestop is handing out AR cards this afternoon

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/kidicarus/

Got mine and the rep there also gave me a booster pack as well.
weird
(04-14-2012, 09:34 PM)

Originally Posted by KevinCow

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3ZSWmdDVUpTS0E

Just add a few people, and then PM them and let them know your friend code.

Hey, i'm pretty much way up in that list and added everyone in the first days.
but my list is at 85 peeps atm. So i just can't all the people on the list and wait or pm them.
I wish nintendo would add a notification service in a future update.
sucks to know that MAYBE somebody added me but i MAYBE missed it.
muu
(04-14-2012, 09:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Busaiku

Does anyone know if Power Thief stacks?
Like if I steal a power and can use it again, will I get 2 powers, or will the 1st be replaced?

I believe you can steal multiple powers. Shocked by how many people keep jump in their powers list though.

BTW, for anyone making one-shot-kill weapons: found this out by accident while testing Libra Sponge and Aries Armor (which, by the way, stack EXTREMELY well: damage bonus for Libra Sponge is calculated before the damage reduction of Aries Armor, so you can get what's essentially 2~3x damage bonus while only taking miniscule amounts of damage): player life is 222pts for the first 2 lives only. From there players have some sort of DEF or health bonus kicking in. My bow does 263 front dash w/ power charge, from the third life on there's a good bit of life left on a player after getting hit. My guess is life's somewhere closer to 300, but I get the feeling you also get a hidden defense bonus when your health is low, so it's difficult to judge.

Originally Posted by weird

Hey, i'm pretty much way up in that list and added everyone in the first days.
but my list is at 85 peeps atm. So i just can't all the people on the list and wait or pm them.
I wish nintendo would add a notification service in a future update.
sucks to know that MAYBE somebody added me but i MAYBE missed it.

Must be their safeguard against child molesters and whatnot. You're on my list as a greyed out smiley face btw.
weird
(04-14-2012, 09:47 PM)

Originally Posted by muu

Must be their safeguard against child molesters and whatnot. You're on my list as a greyed out smiley face btw.

And off am i to add you back! :3

i promise not to touch your private parts or to show mine off. REALLY!
Nub
(04-14-2012, 09:49 PM)

Originally Posted by izakq

Got mine and the rep there also gave me a booster pack as well.

What cards did you get? The closest gamestop to me was an hour away and I didn't feel like going there :(
Smashkirby
(04-14-2012, 09:50 PM)
Uh... why can't I seem to join the match you're in,Muu?

I also just added you too, weird.
weird
(04-14-2012, 09:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Smashkirby

Uh... why can't I seem to join the match you're in,Muu?

I also just added you too, weird.

Aaand added.

We all really need to add each other to get some nice sessions started.
lazybones18
(04-14-2012, 10:06 PM)
Went to two Gamestops, and got a pack from the first one I went to (nothing really happened there). There was an actual Nintendo Rep at the second store (he was there the day before promoting Spirit Camera). There were giant AR KI:U cards (Pit, Paluenta, Twinbellows, Medusa). They also had the strategy guide which included a Dark Pit (Flying) card. I didn't buy it though. Got some tags and three gems. Even had a chance to try out local multiplayer for the game. Won a few times, but I managed to complete 10 games to unlock the treasure for it before my system ran out of power. The rep said he would be back at the store in a few weeks
Smashkirby
(04-14-2012, 10:09 PM)
Odd. My internet glitched out my friend list. Anyway, I guess I'll host for a bit.
Karsticles
Banned
(04-14-2012, 10:23 PM)
Man, I finally got a weapon with Defense +7, and it's soooo helpful for the Boss Rush. Now I just need to fuse it with some +Health and +Shot Range for the ultimate Magnus Club.

Edit: Hmm, does Shot Cancellation work in the flight sections of the game? Seems like a good way to cheese those... I'm trying to figure out the ultimate level clearing weapon. Aside from Heart Bonus +3, I'm not quite sure what to have.
Last edited by Karsticles; 04-14-2012 at 10:28 PM.
izakq
(04-14-2012, 10:31 PM)

Originally Posted by NubInaTub

What cards did you get? The closest gamestop to me was an hour away and I didn't feel like going there :(

For the GS "exclusive" cards, which I believe are the same for everyone, I got
Eggplant Wizard
Fiend's Cauldren
Skyscraper Club
Fireworks Cannon
Minos

For the booster pack got 4 weapon cards and 6 underworld army cards.