• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Khalifa Jayy
aka RJNavarrete
(03-10-2012, 08:57 PM)
So, how many here are addicted? I seriously can't stop playing this game. I have about 20 active games right now. One of them I'm up to 35 turns on. I love it because it's so simple, turn-based (so you can draw when you have a chance), and it provides so many hilarious ah-ha! moments.

EDIT: ADD YOURSELF TO THE NEOGAF thinks they can DRAW SOMETHING CLUB!

View Spreadsheet of Current Members

Direct Link to Add Yourself

Credit to japtor for setting this up.

BTW, I came across this guy's tumblr... AMAZING.

http://saybobby.tumblr.com/

He must be on a Galaxy Note, though. Still amazing.

Anyway, if you're on this, add me. Same username as my name here. Oh, and spend the $.99 for the full version. No ads makes the game run so much smoother and snappier, and you get more words to draw.

EDIT: Conversation between a friend and I

lol. I don't know how you could play competitively...? Maybe by drawing worse? Hahaha.
Last edited by Khalifa Jayy; 04-19-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Yaboosh
(03-10-2012, 08:59 PM)
What platforms?
Khalifa Jayy
aka RJNavarrete
(03-10-2012, 08:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Yaboosh

What platforms?

Android and iOS. As far as I know, all newish (3 years +?) versions of those two OSes support it.

EDIT: And it's cross-compatible.
Kayo-kun
(03-10-2012, 09:00 PM)
Wow those pictures are really impressive.
JGS
Banned
(03-10-2012, 09:01 PM)
I don't understand the rules of it. A friend of mine told me to download last night and I've been playing with here. It's hilarious because we both suck at drawing. However, I simply don't get the point.
Khalifa Jayy
aka RJNavarrete
(03-10-2012, 09:03 PM)

Originally Posted by JGS

I don't understand the rules of it. A friend of mine told me to download last night and I've been playing with here. It's hilarious because we both suck at drawing. However, I simply don't get the point.

There's no point other than finding ways to keep volleying back and forth like a friendly tennis match. Plus, it's fun to see how high you can go in terms of "turns." With my friends, we set a rule that we can only draw medium or hard, so it keeps things interesting.
The Interrobanger
Haven't used the iOS version, but the Android version is insanely buggy and slow and riddled with basic usability/interface issues.
Divius
People around me have been playing it, but I find it way too easy since you can basically puzzle the letters together and guess the word.

For the superior version go play Draw My Thing on OMGPOP.
Vulcano's assistant
(03-10-2012, 09:04 PM)
All those three pictures are clearly some conservative propaganda.
Khalifa Jayy
aka RJNavarrete
(03-10-2012, 09:06 PM)

Originally Posted by The Interrobanger

Haven't used the iOS version, but the Android version is insanely buggy and slow and riddled with basic usability/interface issues.

Spend the 99 cents and you'll forget about that buggy mess known as Draw Free. I was seriously put off by the fact that it would crash every three or so turns on my GNex, but I purchased the full version on a whim and discovered it runs perfectly.
SeanR1221
(03-10-2012, 09:07 PM)
Pretty fun. Have a streak at 57 right now.
Khalifa Jayy
aka RJNavarrete
(03-10-2012, 09:11 PM)

Originally Posted by SeanR1221

Pretty fun. Have a streak at 57 right now.

No texting answers! jk haha :D
JGS
Banned
(03-10-2012, 09:11 PM)

Originally Posted by RJNavarrete

There's no point other than finding ways to keep volleying back and forth like a friendly tennis match. Plus, it's fun to see how high you can go in terms of "turns." With my friends, we set a rule that we can only draw medium or hard, so it keeps things interesting.

OK.

I was so confused. I couldn't tell who got more points and how you could get stuff wrong. I drew a horrible picture for wizard and it took my friend forever to solve it but she was still allowed to.

It is fun and funny.
Foxy Fox 39
Polka King of the Midwest
(03-10-2012, 09:18 PM)
edit: Will download.
Khalifa Jayy
aka RJNavarrete
(03-10-2012, 09:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Foxy Fox 39

This topic should be about who Josephine is.

?

EDIT: oh lol. Really?
Foxy Fox 39
(03-10-2012, 09:19 PM)

?

Dang you!
SpacLock
(03-10-2012, 09:21 PM)
I've been playing it for about a week now with just random people. It's pretty addicting.
Cromat
(03-10-2012, 09:23 PM)
Me and everyone I know played non-stop this for four days. Then we all got tired of it because once you have too many games you don't have the time to really make nice drawings :/
reKon
(03-10-2012, 09:25 PM)
Game is good but isketch is such a better game and it was more addicting to me. People with the galaxy note probably dominate.
Giard
(03-10-2012, 09:25 PM)
Is this 1 vs 1 iSketch? Looks like it.
tinabina
(03-10-2012, 09:35 PM)
Love this game, been addicted for a few days now. Hate the people who just write the word.
VivaZapata
Banned
(03-10-2012, 09:43 PM)
This game is so addictive..Here is my wife's attempt at drawing the singer Usher lol

Mushroom021
(03-10-2012, 09:45 PM)
I have 12 active games and one of them were up to turn 58.
Khalifa Jayy
aka RJNavarrete
(03-10-2012, 09:45 PM)

Originally Posted by VivaZapata

This game is so addictive..Here is my wife's attempt at drawing the singer Usher lol

Wouldn't that be Sisqo? lol
VivaZapata
Banned
(03-10-2012, 09:46 PM)

Wouldn't that be Sisqo? lol

Yes it was. I trolled her on Facebook about it lol.She wasn't amused :)
Goldrusher
(03-10-2012, 09:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Giard

Is this 1 vs 1 iSketch? Looks like it.

And it costs money.
DarthWoo
I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
(03-10-2012, 09:56 PM)
I sadly don't have any devices that could play this, but it reminds me of Broken Picture Telephone. I wish the creator of that hadn't just let it die and abandoned it.
jediyoshi
(03-10-2012, 10:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Goldrusher

And it costs money.

..if you pay for it.
Unicorn
(03-10-2012, 10:42 PM)
Its hard to draw with my fat fukken fingers.
reKon
(03-10-2012, 10:46 PM)

Originally Posted by VivaZapata

Lol this is great
Enduin
No bald cap? Lies!
(03-10-2012, 10:50 PM)
Funny my sister had me to get this app just last night.

I only do hard and one of my words was "Wutang" so I drew a picture of a fat baby Jesus on the cross. Took her like 20 minutes but she finally got and it blew her mind.
Ultima_5
(03-10-2012, 11:05 PM)
incredibly annoying to play on iphone. Still sorta fun though. I rather enjoy drawing all of the musical celebs.
Gooster
(03-10-2012, 11:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Ultima_5

incredibly annoying to play on iphone. Still sorta fun though. I rather enjoy drawing all of the musical celebs.

I can imagine. It's why my friend advised me to just get it on iPad.

My friend and I are in a game and she just drew this:

It's a pretty fun game. Strangely I still wish something like this existed on 3DS, but I imagine you can make these kinds of games on Swapnote.
Ryaaan14
(03-10-2012, 11:18 PM)
This game is my new favorite activity to do while pooping and during tv commercial breaks.

Amazing drawing by one of my partners:

VivaZapata
Banned
(03-10-2012, 11:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Ryaaan14

This game is my new favorite activity to do while pooping and during tv commercial breaks.

Amazing drawing by one of my partners:

Good pic.But needs more Wub Wub Wub Wub
Khalifa Jayy
aka RJNavarrete
(03-11-2012, 08:25 AM)
This guy is seriously too good. He's the sole reason why I'm buying a stylus to use on my Nexus and soon-to-be-in-my-possession new iPad.

zbeeb
(03-11-2012, 08:27 AM)

This guy is seriously too good. He's the sole reason why I'm buying a stylus to use on my Nexus and soon-to-be-in-my-possession new iPad.

wow, and i thought some of my drawings were good! these are incredible.

absolutely loving this game, literally just spent the last hour playing non-stop with the family haha
GrizzNKev
(03-11-2012, 08:30 AM)
This game doesn't really appeal to me. There's no challenge, it hands you the answer before you even have to look at the drawing. If there was a number of spaces limit, that'd be fine. But giving you a selection of letters? Boring and easy.
Lamel
(03-11-2012, 08:35 AM)
Just started playing.a little.bit back. Pretty fun.
Foxy Fox 39
(03-11-2012, 08:39 AM)

Originally Posted by GrizzNKev

This game doesn't really appeal to me. There's no challenge, it hands you the answer before you even have to look at the drawing. If there was a number of spaces limit, that'd be fine. But giving you a selection of letters? Boring and easy.

Wait what? What's the point of playing if the player just has to unscramble the word?
Ryaaan14
(03-11-2012, 08:41 AM)

Originally Posted by GrizzNKev

Yep, that's called mass appeal.
Khalifa Jayy
aka RJNavarrete
(03-11-2012, 08:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Foxy Fox 39

Wait what? What's the point of playing if the player just has to unscramble the word?

Sometimes people suck at drawing. Sometimes you have brainfarts. To me, it's good fun. I love drawing things different than what you'd expect. For example, for Bubbles, I drew the PowerPuff Girl of the same name instead of a fish underwater as I've seen most people do.
roosters93
(03-11-2012, 09:44 AM)
It's pretty damn stupid. There is no way to win and it's easy to guess even if the drawing is crap. Not to mention you can't progress past 99 turns. Wtf is that shit about.

iSketch is so much better.
rithvikgv
(03-11-2012, 09:54 AM)
My handle is theneurotoxin. Feel free to add me.
Raging Spaniard
If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
(03-11-2012, 09:58 AM)
I worked for OMGPOP (the dev) for a while, this game was actually out for Facebook like a year ago and it wasnt popular ... Funny seeing how a good UI and crazy word of mouth can change everything, theyre well over 15 million downloads and its straight up saving the company, its good to see.

I personally didnt work on this though, it was mostly all outsourced except for the UI. Funny that the one megahit happens on the project with 3 people on it, lol
Nori Chan
(03-11-2012, 09:59 AM)
It's fun as hell and love it. I also bought the paid one just to get some more color into it.

You're also right in saying that it's much smoother. I have like 5 games going on, and my gf and I are on turn 38 so far. Not gonna lie, we text each other a couple answers lol when it's obviously nothing that we both can draw.
Foxy Fox 39
(03-11-2012, 09:32 PM)
This game can be pretty bad when you come across people who aren't good at imagination or charades.

For instance, some gun drew a random girl singing.

I'm thinking how the heck am I supposed to know what that is? I was stuck for the longest time until I remembered that the game had proper nouns AND i'd come across something like this. So I typed in Miley. Got it correct.

This person drew something so generic, and unspecific.

When I got that word I hinted "Hannah Montana"
Willkiller
Cunt war veteran
(03-11-2012, 09:36 PM)
So much fun.

I wish I had an Ipad for this game and in general :(
mr.beers
(03-11-2012, 10:53 PM)
Paid version crashes at fb log in for me but I got one good game before that. Hope a fix comes soon.
Khalifa Jayy
aka RJNavarrete
(03-11-2012, 11:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Noriega

It's fun as hell and love it. I also bought the paid one just to get some more color into it.

You're also right in saying that it's much smoother. I have like 5 games going on, and my gf and I are on turn 38 so far. Not gonna lie, we text each other a couple answers lol when it's obviously nothing that we both can draw.

Add me. I'm fun! RJNavarrete is the handle.