• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3 |OT| Ninja Dog Revengeance

AAK

dGLuB1bTkNdpi.jpg

drfnui0DXBSo8.png

Developer: Team Ninja
Publisher: Tecmo Koei
Platform: Sony Playstation 3; Microsoft Xbox 360; Nintendo WiiU
Release Date: March 20th, 2012, March 23rd, 2012 in Europe
Players: 1-8
Official Website: http://teamninja-studio.com/ng3/us/
Director: Yousuke Hayashi
Writer: Masato Kato

Final Box Art:

dblukCDZWjX6R0.jpg

MSRP: $59.99

Special Edition:

dJX6reokwMwVW.jpg

MSRP: $99.99

Includes:
  • NINJA GAIDEN 3 GAME
  • NINJA GAIDEN 3 OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK
  • NINJA GAIDEN 3 "UNMASK" ART BOOK
  • NINJA GAIDEN 3 "DUEL OF THE MASKED" FIGURE
  • DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PREMIUM EDITION APLHA "SCRAMBLE" STAGE DEMO DOWNLOADABLE CODE VOUCHER

dbwV3wRmbxgi63.png

db1ktwFQ3Ftn5w.jpg

dkPvAtkIsRzrj.png

dbd2tuFVea3c7N.jpg

dv03eD8yX2mYn.png

dblpTpIDBm5dYL.png

dwDm0QS0ZJ9vX.png

d4yEYwXGVzLcs.png

dmEQiulJK4yGe.png

Teaser Trailer
E3 Trailer
TGS Trailer
Online Trailer
Gameplay Trailer
Launch Trailer

dpXMZ6ZgWCtWY.png

OXM: 8/10

Famitsu: 9 / 9 / 9 / 9 (36/40)

Gamereactor Swedon: 7/10

IGN: 3/10

Metro Game Central: 8/10

CVG: 8/10

Videogamer: 5/10

Meristation: 7/10

OPM UK: 7/10

Jeuxvideo.com (FR): 12/20

Nowgamer: 63/100

glaurung

Very nice OT.

I have a pre-order in for the CE from amazon, so I should get it pretty soon. The good news is also that I haven't spoiled any of the characters or story to myself yet. Once I get this game, the disc will not leave my PS3 until I have completed the game.

Xater

I totally forgot this is coming out next week. If the reviews are decent I might get it for cheap down the line. So far I have not much confidence in the game.

I am so torn on this game. I have purchased all 4 version of NG1, and both versions of NG2, but this just doesnt look like a NG game to me. NG is my favorite franchise of all time and I really want to love this game but some of the changes seem so bad. Hopefully some positive impressions will come out and push me into getting it.

glaurung

Not a huge surprise, but this press release dropped in the morning too:
Hertfordshire, March 13 2012- TECMO KOEI Europe regrets to announce that upcoming releases Ninja Gaiden 3 and Warriors Orochi 3 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system will not be available through GAME and Gamestation retail outlets or online in the UK and Ireland.

Customers who have already pre-ordered Ninja Gaiden 3 and Warriors Orochi 3 are kindly asked to re-order their copies from another retailer.

Ninja Gaiden 3 is available through HMV, ASDA, BLOCKBUSTER and leading independent retailers as well as online outlets Play.com, Zavvi.co.uk, Amazon.co.uk, ***********, the Hut and others.

Warriors Orochi 3 is available through HMV, BLOCKBUSTER and leading independent retailers as well as online outlets Play.com, Zavvi.co.uk, Amazon.co.uk, ***********, the Hut and others.

For those who have placed a deposit for either title a full refund will be available; for details please contact GAME and Gamestation stores or online.

TreIII

Getting it largely for the DOA demo. The fact that it has the scenario writer for the original Ninja Gaiden 8-bit trilogy back on does make it so I'll be at least willing to see what the game is all about.

The_Monk

Nice and clean OT, well done.

I'm very tempted to get this one. I end up getting the Mass Effect 3 CE instead of this CE so if I get it it will be the regular edition, however there is one thing that I'm concerned:

Is it going to be hard even on "Normal" difficulty? Hero mode will be really OK for someone who is terrible in, let's say God of War games? Is there any info about this? I promissed myself that I will not buy any hard games anymore since I'm having less time and all I want is story and gameplay, no need for a big challenge... =/

If any kind GAFfer can give me some info (if there's any) about that issue, thanks in advance!

.hacked

hero mode is the new easy mode...

I am looking forward to this one even more, I am a sucker for easy games.

The fact that it has the scenario writer for the original Ninja Gaiden 8-bit trilogy back on does make it so I'll be at least willing to see what the game is all about.

So THAT'S why the story/characters seem like actual stories and/or characters this time around. And not the adolescent drivel we've been forced to endure in the Itagaki games.

Even more hyped now!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Getting it largely for the DOA demo.

I really wish the demo everyone else gets wasn't gimped. :/

I'm personally waiting to see if NG3 gets a Sigma treatment before thinking of getting a copy.

AAK

Nice and clean OT, well done.

I'm very tempted to get this one. I end up getting the Mass Effect 3 CE instead of this CE so if I get it it will be the regular edition, however there is one thing that I'm concerned:

Is it going to be hard even on "Normal" difficulty? Is there any info about this? I promissed myself that I will not buy any hard games anymore since I'm having less time and all I want is story and gameplay, no need for a big challenge... =/

If any kind GAFfer can give me some info (if there's any) about that issue, thanks in advance!

There are 2 modes: Hero and Ninja. Both of them have their own difficulty settings. So Ninja mode starts with Normal and Hard (As does Hero mode). According to early impressions, Normal mode isn`t that hard.

The_Monk

There are 2 modes: Hero and Ninja. Both of them have their own difficulty settings. So Ninja mode starts with Normal and Hard (As does Hero mode). According to early impressions, Normal mode isn`t that hard.

Thanks, I asked because I had some trouble even with normal mode on previous games. Also I played with a friend Ninja Blade and I was pretty terrible.

glaurung

If the information that has been released this far is anything to go by (and the experiences of the people who have play-tested this thing at various events and expositions), then the game appears to be a lot easier than the predecessors.

Then again, it could be the opposite and the difficulty level has been toned up in the final version.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Feel like I'm only going to play this game out of some sort of franchise obligation. Each sequel a significant downward slope from the last.

The_Monk

If the information that has been released this far is anything to go by (and the experiences of the people who have play-tested this thing at various events and expositions), then the game appears to be a lot easier than the predecessors.

Then again, it could be the opposite and the difficulty level has been toned up in the final version.

Thanks glaurung.

Guess I'll have to wait for some impressions. Don't want to go for a challenge with this one.

Ugh, why does the special edition have to be so damn big. Why can't it just be a nice case packaging with an art book snuggly fit inside like what Atlus does

TreIII

Ugh, why does the special edition have to be so damn big. Why can't it just be a nice case packaging with an art book snuggly fit inside like what Atlus does

Preach. If they had kept the costs down and trimmed down the overall package, this thing might have cost closer to 70-80 bucks instead of damn near 100.

.la1n

Completely forgot about this, I am actually really looking forward to it. The changes made sound acceptable to me and having the ability to turn QTE off in options make it instant purchase.

Feel like I'm only going to play this game out of some sort of franchise obligation. Each sequel a significant downward slope from the last.

Yeah, same here. However, I am still hopeful that it'll be a solid action game set in the Ninja Gaiden Universe. I think I gave up expecting another game of the same quality as Ninja Gaiden Black some point around chapter... 9... of Ninja Gaiden 2.

If I can find a copy of this for a decent price I'll probably cave and buy it.

Mdk7

Save for the awesome villain (i have a huge thing for masks...), there's VERY little to cheer IMHO.
I played the game at E3 and it disappointed me immensely, which is weird considering how much i love the franchise.
Can't wait to get my hands on it though!

Sojgat

Right with you. This game looks super easy. Is it true that the sword is the only weapon you use in this game?

hayejin

So tempted but will wait for price drop due to lack of dismemberment.

I usually don't like gore in games or movies but NG2 was an exception b/c the enemies were so cheap(rocket spamming guys) and tough it was actually quite rewarding to kill'em dismembering all their limbs and stuff.

Atolm

I'm sorry but I've decided to bail out after reading "story-driven" and "cinematic". NJ Sigma 2 plot and cutscenes were the most godamn awful thing I've ever seen in gaming. I'll wait for bomba price. Other than that, the game looks fun.

neoism

the gameplay in the sequel has been streamlined and simplified due to changes like having only one main non-upgradeable weapon and health regeneration after every battle.
was going to buy it then........ lol

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'm kind of in the mood for some hack and slash fun right now, but IIIIIII dunno about this one. Might just rent. Maybe. I'll think about it.

And yeah, a demo would be nice.

ironcreed

Banned
I figure it will be worth a rent and I may even enjoy it for what it is, but am not expecting it to be a true tooth and nail Ninja Gaiden experience.

This year is flying by!

and pass...DMC HD Collection will provide what this game won't. Sad that they buried the DOA5 premium demo in the collector's edition.

p.s. if people are interested in that, pre-order...for some reason NGSigma games have some of the only truly limited editions and they're always gamestop exclusive.

I'm kicking around the idea of doing a very in-depth review of the game for hardcore fans because I have this feeling it's gonna be a beautiful disaster....but I really don't wanna spend $60 on it. :\

Any word on what the lead platform is?

I am most likely going to pick this up at a bomba price. The fact that they tacked on a MP mode rubs me the wrong way and I expect a game that is shorter than both NG1 and NG2.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Job well done on the OT AAK :3

Top Bottom