• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Number45
Member
(05-26-2012, 09:56 AM)
Number45's Avatar

Originally Posted by chuckycem

Friend of mine brought this pdp case from UK. Anyone using this case experienced any problems? It just wont close when the vita is inside the case because of the analog sticks. I don't want to force it too much.

Make sure you have the rubber inserts in the right way and in properly. I've had this case since day one and it's perfect, the Vita fits perfectly in there.

Only slight concern is that it's SO snug, a drop might pop it open (not a concern for me though, I don't drop things! :p).
Sniper McBlaze
(05-26-2012, 03:19 PM)
Sniper McBlaze's Avatar
So I got Everybody's Golf for Vita for 145 swedish crowns today (about 16 euroes) in the Vita PSN Store. Is this a permanent price drop?
archnemesis
Member
(05-26-2012, 03:40 PM)
archnemesis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sniper McBlaze

So I got Everybody's Golf for Vita for 145 swedish crowns today (about 16 euroes) in the Vita PSN Store. Is this a permanent price drop?

It was stealth dropped together with ModNation Racers and Reality Fighters without any information from Sony. The PS Blog people could definitely do a better job informing their customers.
Y-Z
Member
(05-26-2012, 04:03 PM)
Y-Z's Avatar
I Bought Everybody's Golf after the price drop and i am amazed how much fun this is! I think im gonna be addicted.
Ein Bear
Member
(05-26-2012, 04:03 PM)
Ein Bear's Avatar

Originally Posted by archnemesis

It was stealth dropped together with ModNation Racers and Reality Fighters without any information from Sony. The PS Blog people could definitely do a better job informing their customers.

The SCEE Blog team might just be the most incapable people in the entire industry.
Square Triangle
Kratos can kill Zeus
but not Pam Anderson?
(05-26-2012, 04:20 PM)
Square Triangle's Avatar
Turtle Beach has a mobile line-up now, spotted them at Best Buy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VbvgP07Itrw
PumpkinPie
Member
(05-26-2012, 04:51 PM)
PumpkinPie's Avatar
How do I change my PSN password on Vita? I can view my account details and input the password but there's no 'confirm' button at the bottom, only 'cancel' ???
LiquidSolid
Member
(05-26-2012, 04:54 PM)
LiquidSolid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ein Bear

The SCEE Blog team might just be the most incapable people in the entire industry.

I love how they have sales and price drops but never bother to list all the games, so you have to actually log on to see everything.
slider
Member
(05-26-2012, 05:09 PM)
slider's Avatar

Originally Posted by chuckycem

Friend of mine brought this pdp case from UK. Anyone using this case experienced any problems? It just wont close when the vita is inside the case because of the analog sticks. I don't want to force it too much.

I have it and have had no issues. The only other thing I put in there though is a memory card and not any cartridges though.

Maybe lift the "padding" stuff out (as you'd do to remove the Little Deviants/whatever covers) and then click them back in. It might help!
Yuripaw
Banned
(05-26-2012, 08:30 PM)
Yuripaw's Avatar
I had a Vita at launch, but because of some financial trouble, I had to sell it late in March sadly. I really liked the system, but I was annoyed that certain PSP games still didn't work.

I got a gift card for gamestop recently, and I happen to also to work at one. We got a used Vita wifi in stock, and with my discount it'd only cost me about $170. I already got a 8gb memory card for the Vita, and 1 game (hot shots golf), because I always knew I wanted to get one again eventually.

I'm just really indecisive about it right now because there are so many people on the internet spelling doom and gloom for the Vita, but I really do like the hardware. I love how the screen looks, I'm looking forward to Gravity Rush, MGS HD both next month and Persona 4 golden later in the year. I want the system, but I just can't decide if it's the best investment with so many people being down on it lately.

If I didn't get the Vita, I was figuring I'd cave in and join my friends online playing some Ghost Recon, and maybe pick up Dragon's Dogma cuz that looks pretty cool too. What do you guys think? I'd really appreciate the advice.
The Insane Dufresne
Member
(05-26-2012, 09:21 PM)
The Insane Dufresne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yuripaw

I had a Vita at launch, but because of some financial trouble, I had to sell it late in March sadly. I really liked the system, but I was annoyed that certain PSP games still didn't work.

I got a gift card for gamestop recently, and I happen to also to work at one. We got a used Vita wifi in stock, and with my discount it'd only cost me about $170. I already got a 8gb memory card for the Vita, and 1 game (hot shots golf), because I always knew I wanted to get one again eventually.

I'm just really indecisive about it right now because there are so many people on the internet spelling doom and gloom for the Vita, but I really do like the hardware. I love how the screen looks, I'm looking forward to Gravity Rush, MGS HD both next month and Persona 4 golden later in the year. I want the system, but I just can't decide if it's the best investment with so many people being down on it lately.

If I didn't get the Vita, I was figuring I'd cave in and join my friends online playing some Ghost Recon, and maybe pick up Dragon's Dogma cuz that looks pretty cool too. What do you guys think? I'd really appreciate the advice.

If you are conflicted on the Vita you should wait until E3 and decide if you like the direction that Sony is taking it in. E3 will reveal the future support that the system will receive (and it sounds like you already have interest in some of the upcoming games) and create a clearer picture of its future. This will give you the most reliable understanding of your interest in the system.

Personally I am enjoying my Vita (Disgaea 3, Hot Shots, Super Stardust Delta are great portable games) and I look forward to the future (especially Gravity Rush).
Cornbread78
Member
(05-26-2012, 09:36 PM)
Cornbread78's Avatar
the local Wal-Marts in NH have hot shots golf and whipe out for $19.98, so i picked up hot shots golf.
Last edited by Cornbread78; 05-26-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Bboy AJ
Talks to himself
(05-26-2012, 09:38 PM)
Bboy AJ's Avatar
Mortal Kombat is $30 on Amazon.

Just how good is Hot Shots Golf? $20 seems like a good deal and I'm in need of a new game. Anything else I should grab, aside from Uncharted? I finished that game already.
GillaTheGorilla
Member
(05-26-2012, 09:42 PM)
GillaTheGorilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by Y-Z

I Bought Everybody's Golf after the price drop and i am amazed how much fun this is! I think im gonna be addicted.

Same here, just bought it today along with ridge racer. Wasn't sure if I would like it but it's been a fantastic purchase, looking forward to doing some daily tournaments.
Mileena
Banned
(05-26-2012, 09:44 PM)
Mileena's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

the local Wal-Marts in NH have hot shots golf and whipe out for $19.98, so i picked up hot shots golf.

Wish NGS+ or Uncharted would have a price drop :(

I tried the HSG demo and didn't like it at all
neverknowsbest
Member
(05-26-2012, 09:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Yuripaw

I'm just really indecisive about it right now because there are so many people on the internet spelling doom and gloom for the Vita, but I really do like the hardware. I love how the screen looks, I'm looking forward to Gravity Rush, MGS HD both next month and Persona 4 golden later in the year. I want the system, but I just can't decide if it's the best investment with so many people being down on it lately.

Don't let Internet commentators make decisions for you. They know just as little as you do, and their comments are driven largely by group- and mood-affiliation (Sony-haters, Sony-lovers, optimists, pessimists). Just think about the games you want to play that are available, or already announced.
Koroviev
Member
(05-26-2012, 09:52 PM)
Koroviev's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yuripaw

I had a Vita at launch, but because of some financial trouble, I had to sell it late in March sadly. I really liked the system, but I was annoyed that certain PSP games still didn't work.

I got a gift card for gamestop recently, and I happen to also to work at one. We got a used Vita wifi in stock, and with my discount it'd only cost me about $170. I already got a 8gb memory card for the Vita, and 1 game (hot shots golf), because I always knew I wanted to get one again eventually.

I'm just really indecisive about it right now because there are so many people on the internet spelling doom and gloom for the Vita, but I really do like the hardware. I love how the screen looks, I'm looking forward to Gravity Rush, MGS HD both next month and Persona 4 golden later in the year. I want the system, but I just can't decide if it's the best investment with so many people being down on it lately.

If I didn't get the Vita, I was figuring I'd cave in and join my friends online playing some Ghost Recon, and maybe pick up Dragon's Dogma cuz that looks pretty cool too. What do you guys think? I'd really appreciate the advice.

Well, there are games you want for it and you can get a great deal on one. I wouldn't let VitaIsDoomedGAF make the decision for you. While the system isn't doing so hot right now, the fact is that it still has software and features that interest you. Would you feel the need to abandon the Vita in the event that Sony pulled a Dreamcast? Personally, I use it for PSP games, video playback and podcasts/mp3, so even in the event that it were to be discontinued, I'd still have various uses for it, in addition to several Vita games.
Last edited by Koroviev; 05-26-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Cornbread78
Member
(05-26-2012, 09:53 PM)
Cornbread78's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mileena

Wish NGS+ or Uncharted would have a price drop :(

I tried the HSG demo and didn't like it at all

i have a crapload preordered already, but ill still pick up NG when the price dips
Cornbread78
Member
(05-26-2012, 09:55 PM)
Cornbread78's Avatar

Originally Posted by Koroviev

Well, there are games you want for it and you can get a great deal on one. I wouldn't let VitaIsDoomedGAF make the decision for you. While the system isn't doing so hot right now, the fact is that it still has software and features that interests you. Would you feel the need to abandon the Vita in the event that Sony pulled a Dreamcast? Personally,by I use it for PSP games, video playback and podcasts/mp3, so even in the event that it was discontinued, I'd still have various uses for it, in addition to several Vita games.

i wont let doom and gloom GAF get to me, lets see what the holidays do for it first...
Ponn01
Member
(05-26-2012, 10:07 PM)
Ponn01's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yuripaw

I had a Vita at launch, but because of some financial trouble, I had to sell it late in March sadly. I really liked the system, but I was annoyed that certain PSP games still didn't work.

I got a gift card for gamestop recently, and I happen to also to work at one. We got a used Vita wifi in stock, and with my discount it'd only cost me about $170. I already got a 8gb memory card for the Vita, and 1 game (hot shots golf), because I always knew I wanted to get one again eventually.

I'm just really indecisive about it right now because there are so many people on the internet spelling doom and gloom for the Vita, but I really do like the hardware. I love how the screen looks, I'm looking forward to Gravity Rush, MGS HD both next month and Persona 4 golden later in the year. I want the system, but I just can't decide if it's the best investment with so many people being down on it lately.

If I didn't get the Vita, I was figuring I'd cave in and join my friends online playing some Ghost Recon, and maybe pick up Dragon's Dogma cuz that looks pretty cool too. What do you guys think? I'd really appreciate the advice.

It's very frustrating right now with lack of info on the system for the future and that is playing a big part in the doom and gloom. I don't feel Sony is just going to dump the system though, i think launching in feb. here they decided to just hold all the cards close to their chest for a giant info dump at E3. I don't think that was a wise decision on their part, but whatever, its Sony. I'm hoping going forward we might see some more multiplatform console games on the system day and date but even if nothing else was announced for it I would still get alot of enjoyment out of it with my PSP collection, Persona 4 and others.
Bboy AJ
Talks to himself
(05-27-2012, 12:30 AM)
Bboy AJ's Avatar
Welp, I picked up HSG.
metalshade
Member
(05-27-2012, 12:44 AM)
metalshade's Avatar
Gotta say I am excited for E3, wonder what Gems will be coming our way, and if the Vita will be in on the rumoured game streaming?
Looking forward to Lego Batman 2, Gravity Rush, Zoe, Strangers Wrath, Ruin and a few others.
One thing though.
I really enjoyed the early top down Metal Gears, and since then I havent had A Sony console, so I missed out on the rest. I recently had the chance to sit down and play through the entirety of MGS4, and I absolutely hated it. So awful.
So I was wondering if the Vita Metal Gear solid collection would be worth it to me or not?
Opinions?
Chesskid1
Member
(05-27-2012, 01:05 AM)
Chesskid1's Avatar
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_...ctID.225402400


great price for FIFA vita.

lots of games on sale lately, very sweet.
Alligatorjandro
MONEY UP, BITCH
(05-27-2012, 01:31 AM)
Alligatorjandro's Avatar
I wish Sony would somehow let PSN games be playable on the Vita.
Figboy79
Member
(05-27-2012, 01:37 AM)
Figboy79's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yuripaw

I had a Vita at launch, but because of some financial trouble, I had to sell it late in March sadly. I really liked the system, but I was annoyed that certain PSP games still didn't work.

I got a gift card for gamestop recently, and I happen to also to work at one. We got a used Vita wifi in stock, and with my discount it'd only cost me about $170. I already got a 8gb memory card for the Vita, and 1 game (hot shots golf), because I always knew I wanted to get one again eventually.

I'm just really indecisive about it right now because there are so many people on the internet spelling doom and gloom for the Vita, but I really do like the hardware. I love how the screen looks, I'm looking forward to Gravity Rush, MGS HD both next month and Persona 4 golden later in the year. I want the system, but I just can't decide if it's the best investment with so many people being down on it lately.

If I didn't get the Vita, I was figuring I'd cave in and join my friends online playing some Ghost Recon, and maybe pick up Dragon's Dogma cuz that looks pretty cool too. What do you guys think? I'd really appreciate the advice.

People on the internet are always down about something. Never use them as a metric for ANYTHING. Especially on something as subjective as gaming.

As far as the Vita goes, it's an amazing piece of hardware. That much is clear.

The current software library is impressive, and looking at the current crop of pre-E3 announcements, it has some more impressive titles hitting.

I say wait until after E3 before you make your final decision on if you want to pick one up, but I can say that already, I'm incredibly satisfied with my Vita. I play it daily, and I still have a list of titles that I'm eagerly looking forward to in the coming months (Gravity Rush, MGSHD, Sly: TiT, Ragnarok Odyssey, Zero Escape, Persona 4, PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale, Dragon's Crown, FFX HD, ZoE HD, etc), and that's still BEFORE E3 reveals it's Vita related secrets.

$170 is an excellent price for a Vita, but if you are still so unsure, like I said before, just wait until E3, and don't let internet bitching influence you.

Some of the same naysayers concerning the Vita were the same people that predicted the PS3 would crash and burn. Look at the system now.

EDIT @Ponn, I disagree.

I think there's been plenty of info for the system concerning the future. There is an entire thread on GAF concerning future software releases. We know PS1 support is coming. We know that series like Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty are coming for it. We know that, at the least, Sony is supporting the system with some of their best handheld developers. I don't feel particularly troubled or in the dark about the Vita's upcoming software and it's future. Sales have no effect on my enjoyment of the system.

I'd like it to do well so it will continue to get software support, but I look at the PS3 and PSP before it, and I remember the same levels of skepticism and cynicism concerning the future of both platforms. Both have an incredibly impressive library of games, and that's all that matters to me. It's not like they're going to walk up on stage at E3 this year, 3 months after the system has been released in North America, and say, "Welp, we gave it the ol' college try, but after 7 months on the market world wide, we're calling it quits with the Vita."

They're going to do what they can to drum up interest in the platform. That means potential price cut, and a deluge of software announcements and partnerships with 3rd parties. They aren't going to pull a Sega and tuck their tails between their legs at the first sign of trouble (and it pains me to say that as a Sega fan, but that's exactly what they did with the Dreamcast when the PS2 reared it's head).
Last edited by Figboy79; 05-27-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Jumpman23
Member
(05-27-2012, 04:35 AM)
Jumpman23's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alligatorjandro

I wish Sony would somehow let PSN games be playable on the Vita.

Same here. They would have a lot more of my money if they figured this one out.
KillGore
Member
(05-27-2012, 04:47 AM)
KillGore's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alligatorjandro

I wish Sony would somehow let PSN games be playable on the Vita.

Just imagine Journey on dat Vita OLED
Koroviev
Member
(05-27-2012, 05:00 AM)
Koroviev's Avatar

Originally Posted by KillGore

Just imagine Journey on dat Vita OLED

Stop it >:|
LiquidSolid
Member
(05-27-2012, 05:21 AM)
LiquidSolid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jumpman23

Same here. They would have a lot more of my money if they figured this one out.

They'd have a lot more of everyone's money if they figured out how to break the laws of physics and run PS3 games on the Vita. It's never going to happen, aside from streaming them via remote play.
Chatin
Member
(05-27-2012, 05:43 AM)
Chatin's Avatar
They can give us PSX games instead.
computers putin'
Member
(05-27-2012, 06:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Chatin

They can give us PSX games instead.

I really want this to happen soon.
GopherD
Member
(05-27-2012, 06:33 AM)
GopherD's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidSolid

They'd have a lot more of everyone's money if they figured out how to break the laws of physics and run PS3 games on the Vita. It's never going to happen, aside from streaming them via remote play.

And this is what I'm hoping comes in their Gaikai partnership.
Afrikan
Member
(05-27-2012, 07:05 AM)
Afrikan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Koroviev

Stop it >:|

I've played Journey on an OLED screen and it is GLORIOUS!
Koroviev
Member
(05-27-2012, 07:11 AM)
Koroviev's Avatar

Originally Posted by Afrikan

I've played Journey on an OLED screen and it is GLORIOUS!

You guys are just being cruel T_T
Eusis
Member
(05-27-2012, 07:15 AM)
Eusis's Avatar

Originally Posted by GopherD

And this is what I'm hoping comes in their Gaikai partnership.

Huh, I hadn't considered that angle, changing internet remote play to be through Gaikai and using only your PS3 saves and verification that you own the game. If they really do it that way it'd honestly be amazing.
Last edited by Eusis; 05-27-2012 at 08:28 AM.
GopherD
Member
(05-27-2012, 07:26 AM)
GopherD's Avatar

Originally Posted by Eusis

Huh, I hadn't considered that angle, changing internet remote play to be through Gaikai and using only your PS3 saves and verification that way that you own the game. If they really do it that way it'd honestly be amazing.

The tech is there with Gaikai streaming modules, but I'm not getting hopes up. Though the thought of every PSN game playable on Vita has me hoping like hell...
B.O.O.M
Member
(05-27-2012, 08:21 AM)
B.O.O.M's Avatar
Journey on Vita....nerdgasm
yencid
Member
(05-27-2012, 08:25 AM)
yencid's Avatar
http://youtu.be/8_DtF_gyhmI

Wizorb - PlayStation minis trailer

• An all-new block-breaking game set in a fantasy world
• Use your magic wand to bounce the orb and cast various magic spells
• Over 60 levels in 5 different worlds
• Epic boss fights and multiple endings and bonus levels
• Character animation by Paul Robertson

Knew the animation style looked familiar.
Last edited by yencid; 05-27-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Eusis
Member
(05-27-2012, 08:29 AM)
Eusis's Avatar

Originally Posted by GopherD

The tech is there with Gaikai streaming modules, but I'm not getting hopes up. Though the thought of every PSN game playable on Vita has me hoping like hell...

Yeah, it sounds too good to actually be done, plus you'll probably have publishers who don't agree to it, so at best we'd probably have a list of supported games or something. And possibly making it a PlayStation Plus thing.
Sintoid
Member
(05-27-2012, 08:41 AM)
Sintoid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alligatorjandro

I wish Sony would somehow let PSN games be playable on the Vita.

It's asking PS3 games work on Vita... they can be ported but there's no way Vita can do it directly. I'm quite happy with all the games that will be available on both formats (wich are anyway different games remember)
dantehemi
Member
(05-27-2012, 08:46 AM)
dantehemi's Avatar

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

Journey on Vita....nerdgasm

Can this play on the vita... Or am I not getting a joke?
Edit... Never mind I pieced it together from the other posts... I seen this one first and jumped the gun with excitement!
Veins
Member
(05-27-2012, 08:47 AM)
Veins's Avatar

Originally Posted by dantehemi

Can this play on the vita... Or am I not getting a joke?

You can't, they are simply wishing for it somehow.
DBT85
Member
(05-27-2012, 08:57 AM)
DBT85's Avatar
I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere but just in case it hasn't, shopto have the MGS HD collection available for pre order for just 22.85

11.425 per game is reasonable I think!
spats
(05-27-2012, 09:04 AM)
spats's Avatar
Sony recently did the digital preorder thing for Sorcery a while ago and like some have already said, that's one feature I really hope trickles down to the Vita. If only I could've preordered and preloaded the digital copy of Burning Skies... They could've suckered me into paying for it before any reviews hit.
XxCGSxX
Member
(05-27-2012, 09:13 AM)
XxCGSxX's Avatar
Gaf WTF HELP ME. So here's my story, I've charged my vita a total of 4 times since I've got it since march, have played less than 15 hours with it since march and everything was fine with it. The system is new, I'm a maniac when it comes to taking care of my system (cleaning it with a cloth etc.) So now I turn it on since 3 weeks aprox. with out use and the lower middle of the touch screen doesn't work, I noticed when I tried to press the letter G on the keyboard (it worked before since I've browsed neogaf with it) . WTF GAF this hasn't happened to me since my first and only RRoD on my 360. I bought it at gamestop and it doesn't have any warranty at all. Tried reset setting option and it didn't work. Help me gaf I'm mad/sad/desperate and I want to cry because $250 dollars went down the toilet.

EDIT: Wait after entering sleep mode like 10 times in a row it now works!!!, fuck you sony you almost gave me a heart attack :'(. But seriously could the touch screen still be damaged or on it's way out? I've only used the touch screen for the welcome park once and browsing the internet a couple of times. Oh and using the menu of wipeout the 5 times I've played it.
Last edited by XxCGSxX; 05-27-2012 at 09:17 AM.
mandiller
Member
(05-27-2012, 09:20 AM)
mandiller's Avatar

Originally Posted by XxCGSxX

Gaf WTF HELP ME. So here's my story, I've charged my vita a total of 4 times since I've got it since march, have played less than 15 hours with it since march and everything was fine with it. The system is new, I'm a maniac when it comes to taking care of my system (cleaning it with a cloth etc.) So now I turn it on since 3 weeks aprox. with out use and the lower middle of the touch screen doesn't work, I noticed when I tried to press the letter G on the keyboard (it worked before since I've browsed neogaf with it) . WTF GAF this hasn't happened to me since my first and only RRoD on my 360. I bought it at gamestop and it doesn't have any warranty at all. Tried reset setting option and it didn't work. Help me gaf I'm mad/sad/desperate and I want to cry because $250 dollars went down the toilet.

EDIT: Wait after entering sleep mode like 10 times in a row it now works!!!, fuck you sony you almost gave me a heart attack :'(. But seriously could the touch screen still be damaged or on it's way out? I've only used the touch screen for the welcome park once and browsing the internet a couple of times. Oh and using the menu of wipeout the 5 times I've played it.

Why not contact Sony? Surely it's covered by their warranty. They'll replace it.
Massa
Member
(05-27-2012, 09:20 AM)
Massa's Avatar
XxCGSxX, that's a software bug I've seen here a couple times. Seems that a reset or hard reset of the system fixes it, so I wouldn't worry about it.
XxCGSxX
Member
(05-27-2012, 09:23 AM)
XxCGSxX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Massa

XxCGSxX, that's a software bug I've seen here a couple times. Seems that a reset or hard reset of the system fixes it, so I wouldn't worry about it.

How do we know it's a software bug??????!?!?! I'M SCARED :'( I mean I don't use it a lot but there's a couple of games I'm waiting so I can finally play the shit out of my vita. Was it the last firmware? And how do I hard reset?
DBT85
Member
(05-27-2012, 11:05 AM)
DBT85's Avatar
Just seen that amazon.co.uk dropped the price of MGS to 24.99 from 29.99.
JimmyRickard
Member
(05-27-2012, 11:09 AM)
JimmyRickard's Avatar
So I grabbed Unit 13. It's awesome. It's truly designed for a portable game console. The demo makes it feel a bit generic but the missions are a lot of fun and designed for quick bursts.

Thread Tools