• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you open the browser through twitter? That's the main way to get the browser open while also keeping bigger games in memory, causing the browser to run into memory issues. Though that said, usually it gracefully mentions that it needs more memory and even suggests you to close the game that's running.

No I mean like nothing else open BUT the browser and certain websites refuse to load. Like I said I can't even go to the online PS Vita Manual =/

spats

Downloaded the Uncharted demo last night.
What a weird looking pixelated fire :p
I got to the river in chapter 4 and then the level restarted itself right from the beginning, no warnings or anything. Is that normal?

Are the controls supposedly to be this loose when moving Nathan? (I have U1&2 but haven't had a chance to play them yet).

Yeah, the demo loops. Not exactly sure what you mean by looseness, but there's definitely some animation priority when moving the character. Same for every Uncharted game.

The full game is a really nice and satisfying package. I fully recommend purchasing it if you like the demo at all.

f@luS

More than a member.
i realise that i lost some save during my backup/ restore of my vita is that normal? marvel vs capcom for exemple

Ran rp

Alvion launched a Malicious Vita teaser site last week. Site

According to Dengeki PlayStation the game will be titled "Malicious Rebirth", feature new stages and moves, and will be released this Summer in Japan. Andriasang

Sagitario

i realise that i lost some save during my backup/ restore of my vita is that normal? marvel vs capcom for exemple

Put the game card on the console, it should reappear.

Yeah, the demo loops. Not exactly sure what you mean by looseness, but there's definitely some animation priority when moving the character. Same for every Uncharted game.

The full game is a really nice and satisfying package. I fully recommend purchasing it if you like the demo at all.

Well, I will play the PS3 ones first before even thinking about purchasing it.
There was something odd about Drake movements. Didn't feel tight (I even fell to the river and died after I took the tank picture).
And yeah, I noticed the animation priority (which felt a little like delayed movement to me).

magawolaz

That video app just announced made me thinking...
IIRC, a year ago the PS Blog said we could watch the E3 2011 Sony conference live on the blog even with iOS devices; is it safe to assume they could do something like that with our Vitas?

darkwing

IIRC, a year ago the PS Blog said we could watch the E3 2011 Sony conference live on the blog even with iOS devices; is it safe to assume they could do something like that with our Vitas?

with Nico Nico Vita you can?

Why they no bring to US!?!?

It is coming to the US.

You'll be able to watch Sony's press conference on your Vita using the new NicoNico app, they said on their blog.

I grabbed my vita thinking it had yelp on it. Then I was really sad it didn't. I would love to have epicurious or yelp or other in-house apps I use on my ipad and itouch.

DoubleTap

I've been trying to figure this out of my own for a while but I give up. I accidentally saved my FIFA game as a new save file. So now I have 2 save files. How do I delete the one I no longer need?

I see Jack and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, Gods Eater Burst, Killzone: Liberation, LittleBigPlanet, all the LocoRoco's, Parappa The Rapper, Secret Agent Clank, Socom Fireteam Bravo

There is probably more that I didn't notice.

Oldschool

I see Jack and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, Gods Eater Burst, Killzone: Liberation, LittleBigPlanet, all the LocoRoco's, Parappa The Rapper, Secret Agent Clank, Socom Fireteam Bravo

There is probably more that I didn't notice.

So can we assume that´s now possible to download the extra chapter of killzone?

Oldschool

No discount for digital Resistance.

Gravity Rush WILL have one though, so it will be 35.99 digital.

Any info regarding this?

I really hope so, because I have no interest in Resistance, though I thought this no discount thing would be the trend now.

Teknoman

Oh wow...Gravity Rush is awesome. Just finished the demo, great graphics, nice gyro controls, Kat seems like a cool heroine, and the music is amazing.

Honestly, feels like this generation's NiGHTS, the freedom of flying (falling) wherever.

Cloudy

Banned
Are these devs for real with the humongous demos (3GB for Resistance)? With the price of the memory cards, who's gonna be bothered to even try games they aren't already anticipating?

yencid

Are these devs for real with the humongous demos (3GB for Resistance)? With the price of the memory cards, who's gonna be bothered to even try games they aren't already anticipating?

Um, that demo is the full game. You just buy the unlock code for it.

Cloudy

Banned
Um, that demo is the full game. You just buy the unlock code for it.

That's obvious since they are the same size but there has to be a better way to make demos than that. I have an 8GB card with only PSP games on it and I have no room after the GR demo lol

orioto

Good Art™
Didn't see it all, just some sections around the 26 min mark and again, as a platformer it looks mediocre. It's strange they can't get that part right, seeing as that's the actual game..

That's the sadest about media molecule. They sucks at games, but they're great at interfaces! For me the greatest thing would be if they made an rpg maker style game ! It's more interface oriented and less about physics. With all their social things and customization tools that could be a killer

Sony not putting a digital discount on Resistance really makes me more angry than it should. But goddamn it sony. Why do you hate your early adopters so much?

I'm gonna gamefly it now. Fuck them.

GR demo was too short. The game seems really good though.

Agreed Demo doesn't show much and is basically a tutorial, would have enjoyed being able to interact with NPCs and explore the world more. However, the trailer kicks in and reminds of all the character and awesomeness this game has, and this was always a buy for me.

VanWinkle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPC6Y0emkyc

50 min, 720p. (french, though)

LBP Vita.

angry birds clone at 34:00, some main levels at 24:00 ish

Oh my goodness, I was so mad watching this guy try to play. It's like he hasn't used a single modern handheld device in the last five years! He couldn't get the tilt right. He couldn't get much of the touch stuff right. And then trying to play that level where it was clear (at least to me, even having not played the game) to use the back touch panel, and he just quit the level because nothing was working (even though you could see where his finger was accidentally touching the back panel).

ARGH.

Game looks amazing, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom