• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

erpg
GAF parliamentarian
(05-31-2012, 10:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Slappers Only

New Vita owner here. I've always enjoyed having some sort of Playstation around, but I have to say, as deptressing as it is, Sony deserves whatever they get from here on out.

That is one hell of a drive-by.
the androgyne
I win life.
(05-31-2012, 10:42 PM)
Currently having a hard time finding a copy of BlazBlue for a decent price. Am in Australia and all the will-ship-to-aus online stores are failing me :(
Figboy79
(05-31-2012, 11:00 PM)
I also have really good download speeds on my PS3 and Vita, despite having issues and getting NAT 3. I have my ports forwarded, but I don't know why it's not Nat 2.
Shane86
(05-31-2012, 11:13 PM)
My vita downloads about ten times faster than my ps3
Cookie18
(05-31-2012, 11:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Shane86

My vita downloads about ten times faster than my ps3

This is the same for me too. Downloads have never been slow on my Vita, even when getting WiFi from my MBP.
Man-is-Obsolete
(05-31-2012, 11:27 PM)

Originally Posted by archnemesis

I still update the OP whenever I get new information about compatibility. The last update was like a week ago, but I'm sure there are games I have missed.

Cool, looking at the list canabalt, where is my heart, and velocity minis all work in the US but only via the PS3.

I don't think there is a good or even efficient way of breaking down which games are available in the vita store and which require a PS3 to transfer. Maybe a denotation for the oft asked about titles would work like Where is My Heart. Be awesome if they would just put all of the compatible titles in the vita store and save US all the trouble.
panda21
(05-31-2012, 11:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Kerub

Hot shot golf if you don't have it!

And the disgaea 3 port seems to be pretty good too if you like those games.

Hot shots was my first purchase, the price is insanely cheap in the UK

I m tempted by disparate but I already have disgaea 1 and tactics ogre from my psp.

My vita collection is currently hot shots, unit 13 and lumines
buddha0991
(05-31-2012, 11:29 PM)
Resistance MP Patch up, slightly fixes things, breaks them more so nothing is actually fixed really...
Flunkie
(05-31-2012, 11:29 PM)
Debating on P3P to tide me over. Only real experience with jrpgs are Chrono Trigger and one of the Pokemon games. Would I like it? I made the mistake in buying the old Harvest Moon port.

Also, when's the TOMB (Montezuma Blitz) patch hitting?
orioto
Good Art™
(05-31-2012, 11:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Flunkie

Debating on P3P to tide me over. Only real experience with jrpgs are Chrono Trigger and one of the Pokemon games. Would I like it? I made the mistake in buying the old Harvest Moon port.

I've downloaded an update for TOMB and it's pretty insane. Lots of things added.
mangaroo
Banned
(05-31-2012, 11:35 PM)

Originally Posted by panda21

I love my vita <3

tempted to get something new for it, am I right in thinking if i buy ridge racer and the gold and silver packs i will have all the DLC, giving me 9 tracks? sounds pretty good to me.

I'm thinking about katamari or dynasty warriors too :S

If the price is right for you, go for it. Ridge Racer has a decent selection of maps now (totalling 9+reversible) that leaves you wanting some more but not table flipping demanding more like how it shipped. Pick and choose which audio tracks you want as you'll be flooded with tunes. Cars are decently varied with the packs too. Decent game for a RR fan. Just remember that they went with XP + unlocks in lieu of a traditional campaign as well as some other ...shitty things (car speed tied to rank - no options in other races etc). So it is limited still, better with online (download ghosts -can't store for offline + online races) than offline - only really spot races/time trial and this special 1v1 racing mode that only uses the 3 default tracks and their reverse. The default offline ghosts for single player are extremely limited (same as the original speed car from what I can tell (when you are rank 0) so no challenge).

Katamari is awesome too, great game and they just keep on releasing the new content for it. I enjoyed a lot of the levels but wish they had more "huge" levels. Still, glad I bought. Only trouble is the way you get the "fan damacy" items to unlock the DLC - either randomly pick them up - not often (after milking certain easy to acquire stages the odds drop ridiculously) OR buying them... but at least it adds incentive to keep playing because unless you dish out for them or spend 50hours trying to get the items by restarting levels then you will have levels to unlock.

Tbh you should just buy wipeout, practice and then pretty much forget about other games (till a few weeks anyway).
Last edited by mangaroo; 05-31-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Mileena
Banned
(05-31-2012, 11:36 PM)

Well it's not like those games at all. There's only one dungeon in the entire game and a lot of time is spent building your social links which is essentially a dating sim. I got P3P because of GAF hype and was so mindfucked that anyone enjoyed the game. It was terrible. Apparently P4 is better but I don't think I want to give the series another chance.
xenoflux2113
(05-31-2012, 11:41 PM)

GET P3P! I command you. Have I ever led you wrong? *skyrim melting your PC doesn't count*
buddha0991
(05-31-2012, 11:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Xeno_Flux2113

GET P3P! I command you. Have I ever led you wrong? *skyrim melting your PC doesn't count*

perosnally, Persona 2 Duology >> Persona 4 > Persona 1 = Persona 3, but thats just me lol
Koroviev
(05-31-2012, 11:46 PM)
This hate for Persona 3, I don't understand it. You're all dead to me :(
buddha0991
(05-31-2012, 11:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Koroviev

This hate for Persona 3, I don't understand it. You're all dead to me :(

you misunderstand me, I enjoy the whole series, but I would have to say that both 2's (every way except gameplay itself, sadly) and 4 are clearly above 1 and 3
CecilMcW00t
(05-31-2012, 11:51 PM)

Europe has the patch and the US will get it whenever SCEA feels like it. =/
xenoflux2113
(05-31-2012, 11:54 PM)

Originally Posted by buddha0991

you misunderstand me, I enjoy the whole series, but I would have to say that both 2's (every way except gameplay itself, sadly) and 4 are clearly above 1 and 3

They are all great, but he specifically asked about P3P. I think its a great starting point for the series. And its cheaper then IS.
2+2=5
The Amiga Brotherhood
(06-01-2012, 12:01 AM)
I deleted blazblue to download gravity and resistance demos, please tell me that i haven't lost my progress :(
patsu
(06-01-2012, 12:05 AM)
I love P3P ~

Still playing it... nearing the end now. ^_^

It's way too long, but did I say I love the game ?

[Persona ! *BANG*]

EDIT: I also bought Persona 2, once I realized that I like P3P.
Ponn01
(06-01-2012, 12:06 AM)

Originally Posted by 2+2=5

I deleted blazblue to download gravity and resistance demos, please tell me that i haven't lost my progress :(

You lost your progress.
xenoflux2113
(06-01-2012, 12:06 AM)

Originally Posted by patsu

I love P3P ~

I had to double dip on P3P UMD and then the DD copy for my Vita. Love the game so much.
Raine
(06-01-2012, 12:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Ponn01

You lost your progress.

He said to tell him that he didn't lose his progress!
buddha0991
(06-01-2012, 12:10 AM)

Originally Posted by patsu

I love P3P ~

[Persona ! *BANG*]

EDIT: I also bought Persona 2, once I realized that I like P3P.

that might have been a misstep, the thing is, persona 2 is VASTLY different than 3 and 4, and 2 arguably has the worst game play of all of them, but by far the best story and characters. If you can deal with that, then go right on ahead, but just a heads up...
patsu
(06-01-2012, 12:12 AM)

Originally Posted by buddha0991

that might have been a misstep, the thing is, persona 2 is VASTLY different than 3 and 4, and 2 arguably has the worst game play of all of them, but by far the best story and characters. If you can deal with that, then go right on ahead, but just a heads up...

It's alright ! I asked GAF and people seem to like both P2 and P3 in general. I don't mind a game with good story too. I didn't expect them to have the same gameplay in the first place.
2+2=5
The Amiga Brotherhood
(06-01-2012, 12:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Ponn01

You lost your progress.

:(
This is incredibly stupid, what i was supposed to do to keep my progress?
Kazerei
(06-01-2012, 12:35 AM)

Transfer to PC
JakkuFurosu
(06-01-2012, 12:35 AM)

buy a bigger memory stick
Nakiro
(06-01-2012, 12:36 AM)

Not delete it or back it all up on PC/PS3 then just revert to that.
2+2=5
The Amiga Brotherhood
(06-01-2012, 12:40 AM)
Ok, thanks :(
TheChillyAcademic
(06-01-2012, 12:45 AM)
I really want a Vita but I have the tremendous fear that the minute I buy one I'm gonna hear about a new iteration of the thing that'll have four joysticks or something and my "version" will be obsolete.

Same thing with the 3DS actually.

Hoping something gets announced at E3 but...idk.
Carl
(06-01-2012, 12:47 AM)

Originally Posted by TheChillyAcademic

I really want a Vita but I have the tremendous fear that the minute I buy one I'm gonna hear about a new iteration of the thing that'll have four joysticks or something and my "version" will be obsolete.

Four sticks?

Well, that'd be something...
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(06-01-2012, 12:47 AM)

The only improvement I can see with the 3DS is a bigger screen/second analog stick. For Vita? Maybe slimmer, but thats about it. Both could use alot of firmware updates, but neither really seems that bad physically.
Nakiro
(06-01-2012, 12:48 AM)
I can't see them doing any major revisions just yet.
Cookie18
(06-01-2012, 12:55 AM)
The PSP and PS3 haven't ever really had a revision other than slimming down. I doubt the Vita will be any different, especially when nobody has come up with anything that it needs, unlike the 3DS.
JakkuFurosu
(06-01-2012, 12:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Cookie18

The PSP and PS3 haven't ever really had a revision other than slimming down. I doubt the Vita will be any different, especially when nobody has come up with anything that it needs, unlike the 3DS.

ummm the psp underwent a few noticeable changes
Cookie18
(06-01-2012, 12:58 AM)

Originally Posted by JackFrost

ummm the psp underwent a few noticeable changes

Not including the Go since it was a huge flop what changes? It only seemed to lose weight.
TheChillyAcademic
(06-01-2012, 01:00 AM)
Hmm, yeah I guess the only real changes that came to the PSP were the slimming down and unlocking of more horsepower (pretty damn important) but that didn't come until later in it's life...good point.

As for the 3DS, I know that dual stick version is gonna be announced 30 seconds after I purchase one.
JakkuFurosu
(06-01-2012, 01:01 AM)

Not including the Go since it was a huge flop what changes? It only seemed to lose weight.

1000-2000 doubled the ram,smaller base size, video out
2000-3000 added mic

and theres the go :/

though im not disputing your point of I dont see anything they can really do to the Vita....i dont think they can make it any slimmer lol
Cookie18
(06-01-2012, 01:03 AM)

2000-3000 added mic

I didn't know it got a boost in ram. That seems like a weird upgrade though. Could developers actually take advantage of it since earlier PSPs wouldn't be able to play games?
Tailer
(06-01-2012, 01:14 AM)

I didn't know it got a boost in ram. That seems like a weird upgrade though. Could developers actually take advantage of it since earlier PSPs wouldn't be able to play games?

Nah it was more about making the games load faster and better browser but that's as far as I know, the Vita on the other hand could be a very nice win situation considering you can be doing real multitasking, plus it could allow for full access to ram later(so you can't do anything else besides being in party), unless you have the revision. Yeah pretty bad explanation but whatever(I'm tired I'll blame that as usual XD).
DangerousDave
(06-01-2012, 01:20 AM)

2000-3000 added mic

though im not disputing your point of I dont see anything they can really do to the Vita....i dont think they can make it any slimmer lol

Also, the screen quality, fixed issues like the digital pad, etc. As you say, the design of the Vita is so good that is very difficult to improve without compromising the compatibility of the games for all versions. The only thing that could be added that won't compromise the compatibility is a internal memory, and extra battery. Slimmer of lighter versions are not even needed.
Cookie18
(06-01-2012, 01:25 AM)
Thanks for the replies guys. I think they could possibly add a better battery to the Vita but I doubt that could happen for 2-4 years.

Side note: I just noticed that Raptr tracks Vita games now, very cool since it doesn't have the time played feature the the 3DS does.

Edit: Raptr doesn't appear to tell you the time you've played but it does raise your rank the more you play Vita games. Weird since they're both based on time played.
Last edited by Cookie18; 06-01-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(06-01-2012, 01:26 AM)
I havent had the chance to use the D-pad in any games yet...but how well does it work?
P90
(06-01-2012, 01:30 AM)

Originally Posted by DangerousDave

Also, the screen quality, fixed issues like the digital pad, etc. As you say, the design of the Vita is so good that is very difficult to improve without compromising the compatibility of the games for all versions. The only thing that could be added that won't compromise the compatibility is a internal memory, and extra battery. Slimmer of lighter versions are not even needed.

I differ. I find the PS Vita design to be sorely lacking. The buttons are too small. The analog sticks have a cheap feel and lack proper resistance. The roundedness of the triggers is excessive. The Vita seems to be about bells and whistles, not actual game ergonomics. I find the PSP to be clearly superior in overall design. Obviously, YMMV.
Toma
(06-01-2012, 01:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Teknoman

I havent had the chance to use the D-pad in any games yet...but how well does it work?

I love it.
Verelios
(06-01-2012, 01:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Teknoman

Good for me, and I mainly do combos in BlazBlue and MarvVsCap with the D-Pad. It's no problem. But the buttons- dear god the face buttons. Getting to triangle and circle, and then trying to get to X is like hell. They're so tiny!

I really hope that's fixed in a revision because my thumb is going to lose color soon.
theBishop
Banned
(06-01-2012, 01:40 AM)

Other than colors, I doubt another Vita model is around the corner. The PSP 2000 model was released 2 years after launch, and people had some real gripes with the original PSP. Unless Vita 2000 adds something big like auto-3D, I don't think a revision would be as necessary. The hardware is really well designed and comfortable. Vita's action buttons are a little small, and the overall size is large. It's hard to see how Vita could be comfortable AND smaller without shrinking that awesome screen. Tough choices.

With 3DS, the frankenstick looms large. People already had complaints about 3DS' battery life and screen quality. Since then Nintendo put out the right stick, which is actually getting decent software support. It seems inevitable that the 3DS revision will include a right stick.
Toma
(06-01-2012, 01:43 AM)
nvm
Rain_ng
Banned
(06-01-2012, 01:47 AM)
Is Europe getting the recent Uncharted patch that the US received? Little paranoid about my stats being reset.