• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Mammoth Jones
Member
(04-26-2012, 08:40 PM)
Mammoth Jones's Avatar
Alright so I'm actually tempted to go out and buy a Vita on my lunch break.....

I love me some Marvel vs Capcom 3 but I'm wondering if there are other games currently on the platform to make it worth the investment. Really hoping FFX hurries up, lol
Koroviev
Member
(04-26-2012, 08:47 PM)
Koroviev's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mammoth Jones

Alright so I'm actually tempted to go out and buy a Vita on my lunch break.....

I love me some Marvel vs Capcom 3 but I'm wondering if there are other games currently on the platform to make it worth the investment. Really hoping FFX hurries up, lol

Wipeout 2048, Rayman Origins, BlazBlue, Hot Shots Golf, Mutant Blobs Attack and then Gravity Rush in June.

Edit: Also PSP games.
ReaperXL7
Member
(04-26-2012, 08:47 PM)
ReaperXL7's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mammoth Jones

Alright so I'm actually tempted to go out and buy a Vita on my lunch break.....

I love me some Marvel vs Capcom 3 but I'm wondering if there are other games currently on the platform to make it worth the investment. Really hoping FFX hurries up, lol

It depends on what kind of games your interested in. I bought the Vita for a few different reasons. The games I wanted at/near launch were Rayman Origins, Lumines, Unit 13, and Disgaea 3 and none of them disappointed me, wipeout was also a great surprise as i'm not really a racing game fan very much.

There is also a bunch of stuff coming that i'm excited for like Sound Shapes, Retro City Rampage, DJ Max Technika Tune, LBP, a possible Killzone etc. Then adding in all the PSP games I wanted, but never got to play, PS1 support coming, and it being a solid multimedia device it was a good purchase for me.

I would say your best bet is to go check one out at a local retailers kiosk and get a feel for it personally, thats the best way to tell if you find vaule in what it offers.
Bukana
Member
(04-26-2012, 08:57 PM)
Bukana's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mammoth Jones

Alright so I'm actually tempted to go out and buy a Vita on my lunch break.....

I love me some Marvel vs Capcom 3 but I'm wondering if there are other games currently on the platform to make it worth the investment. Really hoping FFX hurries up, lol

These are the ones coming out for next two to three months:

-Gravity Rush
-MGS 2+3 HD Collection
-Virtue's Last Reward (999's Sequel)
-Mortal Kombat
-Silent Hill: Book of Memories
-Little Big Planet
-Resistance: Burning Skies
-Killzone
-Warrior's Lair
-Dragon's Crown
-Madden NFL 13
-Street Fighter X Tekken
-Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
-DJMax Technika Tune

Already released games:

-Rayman Origins
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
-Ultimate Marvel Versus Capcom 3
-Dynasty Warriors Next
-Fifa
-Shinobido 2 : Revenge Of Zen
-Escape Plan
-MotorStorm: RC
-Army Corps of Hell
-BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
-Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
-Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
-Hustle Kings
-ModNation Racers: Road Trip
-Reality Fighters
-Touch My Katamari
-MLB 12: The Show
-Uncharted: Golden Abyss
-Lumines Electronic Symphony
-Plants vs. Zombies
-Everybody's Golf 6
-PSP Games On PSN

Announced Games With No Dates OR Localization:

-Persona 4: The Golden
-Ragnarok Odyssey
-Tales Of Innosence R
-Lord Of Apocalypse
-Call Of Duty
-Soul Sacrifice
-Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
-Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
-FFX HD
-Little King's Story 2
-Little Deviants
-Dust 514
-BioShock
-Assassin's Creed
-Zone of the Enders HD Collection
CorrisD
badchoiceboobies
(04-26-2012, 09:08 PM)
CorrisD's Avatar
After being unsure and asking some questions a few pages back I ordered a Vita, Wifi model with a 16GB card and some case for like 200 I think it was, also picked up Uncharted: GA for 22 of eBay.

Pretty excited for it coming, it's been a long time since I've picked up a game this close to launch, looking forward to Gravity Rush when it comes out and hopefully PS1 emulation is here soon.
SteeloDMZ
Banned
(04-26-2012, 09:12 PM)
Here are my plausible list of games for this E3:

- MediEvil 3
- Ratchet and Clank
- New From Software Souls game
- GTA V confirmed for Vita
- A ton of cool looking downloadable games

I'll be very happy with that.
Gravijah
Member
(04-26-2012, 09:15 PM)
Gravijah's Avatar

Originally Posted by SteeloDMZ

Here are my plausible list of games for this E3:

- MediEvil 3
- GTA V confirmed for Vita

I'll be very happy with that.

how are these plausible?
Massa
Member
(04-26-2012, 09:15 PM)
Unit 13 is a great underrated game.
kuroshiki
Member
(04-26-2012, 09:16 PM)
kuroshiki's Avatar
If they release

FFX, ZOE, Persona 4G within fall, I would be very happy.
PhantomOfTheKnight
Member
(04-26-2012, 09:16 PM)
PhantomOfTheKnight's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bukana

These are the ones coming out for next two to three months:

-Gravity Rush
-MGS 2+3 HD Collection
-Virtue's Last Reward (999's Sequel)
-Mortal Kombat
-Silent Hill: Book of Memories
-Little Big Planet
-Resistance: Burning Skies
-Killzone
-Warrior's Lair
-Dragon's Crown
-Madden NFL 13
-Street Fighter X Tekken
-Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
-DJMax Technika Tune

Already released games:

-Rayman Origins
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
-Ultimate Marvel Versus Capcom 3
-Dynasty Warriors Next
-Fifa
-Shinobido 2 : Revenge Of Zen
-Escape Plan
-MotorStorm: RC
-Army Corps of Hell
-BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
-Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
-Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
-Hustle Kings
-ModNation Racers: Road Trip
-Reality Fighters
-Touch My Katamari
-MLB 12: The Show
-Uncharted: Golden Abyss
-Lumines Electronic Symphony
-Plants vs. Zombies
-Everybody's Golf 6
-PSP Games On PSN

Announced Games With No Dates OR Localization:

-Persona 4: The Golden
-Ragnarok Odyssey
-Tales Of Innosence R
-Lord Of Apocalypse
-Call Of Duty
-Soul Sacrifice
-Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
-Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
-FFX HD
-Little King's Story 2
-Little Deviants
-Dust 514
-BioShock
-Assassin's Creed
-Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Dragon's Crown got delayed to 2013, and I think Zone of the Enders was announced for a western release.
spats
(04-26-2012, 09:19 PM)
spats's Avatar
GTA V Vita is a crazy pipe dream in my opinion. MediEvil 3 isn't an impossibility though. Unlikely, but it could happen.
chickdigger802
Banned
(04-26-2012, 09:20 PM)
chickdigger802's Avatar

Originally Posted by SteeloDMZ

Here are my plausible list of games for this E3:

- MediEvil 3
- Ratchet and Clank
- New From Software Souls game
- GTA V confirmed for Vita
- A ton of cool looking downloadable games

I'll be very happy with that.

How is that plausible ;P


Maybe a spinoff... but isn't rockstar mobile busy porting stuff to ios these days?
SteeloDMZ
Banned
(04-26-2012, 09:22 PM)
A GTAV port seems likely to me. Obviously they would have to gimp it a lot (unless Rockstar really understands how to develop Vita games), but R* has always been a supporter of Sony's hardware, and I'm sure Kaz would do anything in order to have a game this big on the platform.
Speedymanic
Banned
(04-26-2012, 09:24 PM)
Speedymanic's Avatar
As we're talking about GTA, are the Stories any good? Anyone know the download size for them?
Massa
Member
(04-26-2012, 09:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

As we're talking about GTA, are the Stories any good? Anyone know the download size for them?

I only played Vice City Stories and it sucks. The story is god-awful and the gameplay was already dated back when it came out, let alone now.

It's worth only for being Victy City, so there's that, but I'd still rather play the PC version of the main game to get that kind of fix.

Chinatown Wars on the other hand is one of the best games on the PSP. Better mission design, controls, very good writing, well suited for quick sessions.
Spiegel
Member
(04-26-2012, 09:29 PM)
Spiegel's Avatar

Originally Posted by spats

GTA V Vita is a crazy pipe dream in my opinion. MediEvil 3 isn't an impossibility though. Unlikely, but it could happen.

Medievil 3 is an impossibility. SCE Cambridge is working on Killzone Vita and the studio is basically a Guerrilla games subsidiary now.
spats
(04-26-2012, 09:29 PM)
spats's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

As we're talking about GTA, are the Stories any good? Anyone know the download size for them?

Vice City stories is really, really good. Some of the later missions are hard as fuck, but it's everything you'd expect from a ps2-era GTA game. Production values are amazing, technically solid and controls well on the Vita.

Don't remember the exact download size since I've deleted the game off my system because of my tiny memory card, but the EU version was propably around 1.4 gigs.
SteeloDMZ
Banned
(04-26-2012, 09:31 PM)
The chances of a MediEvil 3 will slightly increase tomorrow if it is revealed that Sir Dan Fortesque is a character on Sony's upcoming Smash clone.
spats
(04-26-2012, 09:32 PM)
spats's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spiegel

Medievil 3 is an impossibility. SCE Cambridge is working on Killzone Vita and the studio is basically a Guerrilla games subsidiary now.

Why would Cambridge have to do it? A franchise migrating from one first party developer to another wouldn't be unheard of.
chickdigger802
Banned
(04-26-2012, 09:33 PM)
chickdigger802's Avatar

Originally Posted by SteeloDMZ

A GTAV port seems likely to me. Obviously they would have to gimp it a lot (unless Rockstar really understands how to develop Vita games), but R* has always been a supporter of Sony's hardware, and I'm sure Kaz would do anything in order to have a game this big on the platform.

Unless they completely revamp that RAGE engine, it seems extremely unlikely. Those games can barely run on consoles at ~20fps.
Speedymanic
Banned
(04-26-2012, 09:35 PM)
Speedymanic's Avatar

Originally Posted by Massa

I only played Vice City Stories and it sucks. The story is god-awful and the gameplay was already dated back when it came out, let alone now.

It's worth only for being Victy City, so there's that, but I'd still rather play the PC version of the main game to get that kind of fix.

Chinatown Wars on the other hand is one of the best games on the PSP. Better mission design, controls, very good writing, well suited for quick sessions.

Cheers. I'll be downloading CTW. Quick sessions is perfect, a mission or two before bed or before I head off for work is exactly what I'm looking for. Ghosts of Sparta has scratched that itch very well, the save points are spaced out in the just right way.

Originally Posted by spats

Vice City stories is really, really good. Some of the later missions are hard as fuck, but it's everything you'd expect from a ps2-era GTA game. Production values are amazing, technically solid and controls well on the Vita.

Don't remember the exact download size since I've deleted the game off my system because of my tiny memory card, but the EU version was propably around 1.4 gigs.

Hmm, guess I'll go with CTW for now and pick up VCS if/when it goes on sale.
Tratorn
Member
(04-26-2012, 09:37 PM)
Tratorn's Avatar

Originally Posted by chickdigger802

Unless they completely revamp that RAGE engine, it seems extremely unlikely. Those games can barely run on consoles at ~20fps.

Also it wouldn't really sell that well, if its just the same GTA V as on home consoles.
Vita needs an exclusive GTA V sidestory.
Spiegel
Member
(04-26-2012, 09:37 PM)
Spiegel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

Cheers. I'll be downloading CTW.



Hmm, guess I'll go with CTW for now and pick up VCS if/when it goes on sale.

Don't buy CTW if you aren't too fond of the top down GTAs

VCS on the other hand is really good.

Originally Posted by spats

Why would Cambridge have to do it? A franchise migrating from one first party developer to another wouldn't be unheard of.

It is for old, forgotten franchises
Tambini
Member
(04-26-2012, 09:40 PM)
Tambini's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spiegel

If you aren't too fond of the top down GTAs don't buy CTW.

VCS on the other hand is really good.

Actually I don't really like the old top down GTAs but CTW is one of the best GTA games I have played in my opinion.

The drug dealing mechanic was really fun.
Speedymanic
Banned
(04-26-2012, 09:42 PM)
Speedymanic's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spiegel

Don't buy CTW, i you aren't too fond of the top down GTAs

VCS on the other hand is really good.

I don't mind top down GTA, but I think I'll drop the money for both. CTW will be my quick session game and VCS will be my play when I'm off or have an hour or two spare game.

It's getting pretty crazy, already thinking about buying a 16gb mem card as I'm downloading so much.
Sylver
Banned
(04-26-2012, 09:42 PM)
Sylver's Avatar

Originally Posted by chickdigger802

How is that plausible ;P


Maybe a spinoff... but isn't rockstar mobile busy porting stuff to ios these days?

People are still using some April Fool's cover magazine as source.
http://www.play-mag.co.uk/magazine-i...crets-exposed/
spats
(04-26-2012, 09:45 PM)
spats's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

Cheers. I'll be downloading CTW. Quick sessions is perfect, a mission or two before bed or before I head off for work is exactly what I'm looking for. Ghosts of Sparta has scratched that itch very well, the save points are spaced out in the just right way.



Hmm, guess I'll go with CTW for now and pick up VCS if/when it goes on sale.

Yeah, I guess I should say that I got VCS for free when SCEE screwed up and put it up for free by accident. So my opinion might be different if I'd paid 20 euros for it. I still stand by my post though, it's a slightly compacted version of Vice City and plays like it. Story-wise it's a spinoff though, and not at all the same game as VC. Check out this review for some decent gameplay footage if you're curious. http://youtu.be/kW0Jzy6dXNU

I can't speak for the PSP version of CTW but the DS version was ABHORRENT. One of the worst games I've ever played. So, so boring and no story hooks to keep you engaged. So looks like I couldn't possibly disagree any more with Massa's opinion. :D
chickdigger802
Banned
(04-26-2012, 09:45 PM)
chickdigger802's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sylver

People are still using some April Fool's cover magzaine as source.
http://www.play-mag.co.uk/magazine-i...crets-exposed/

ahahahaha.
theBishop
Banned
(04-26-2012, 10:48 PM)
theBishop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

As we're talking about GTA, are the Stories any good? Anyone know the download size for them?

I've played every GTA, and Liberty City Stories is the only one I've actually finished. It's good.

Vice City Stories makes more impressive use of the PSP hardware (Helicopters!), the lead character is great, and there's an overarching "Empire Building" meta game which lends itself really well to handheld gaming.

Objectively speaking, Vice City is the better game, but for some reason LCS hooked me.
Number45
Member
(04-26-2012, 10:51 PM)
Number45's Avatar
Anyone able to share any thoughts on how to get better wireless performance from the Vita? If I run Speedtest on my PC (wired) I get 34Mbps, on my iPhone (4s) I get 26Mbps... but on my Vita (using the internet connection test) the best I've seen is 11Mbps - I appreciate Speedtest and the PSN test are different, but surely they're not THAT different (for reference, I always get great speeds on my PS3, which is wired).

Anyone know of any independent speed test sites that work on the Vita browser?

The only thing I've really tried so far is changing wireless channels (my router has a smart wireless feature that's supposed to find the best channel, but I've tried setting it manually as well). The iPhone and Vita are right next to each other.
Supervlieg
Member
(04-26-2012, 11:07 PM)
Supervlieg's Avatar
E3: remote play with game support please.
GQman2121
Banned
(04-26-2012, 11:20 PM)
GQman2121's Avatar
I'll chime in the GTA discussion, and just say that if you can imagine still enjoying GTA III today in the palm of your hands, then both of the Stories games are worth checking out.

Also, I can't recommend Chinatown Wars enough. It's super simple, but the mechanics are addicting and the Vita's screen really makes the visuals pop. It looks fantastic.

The only hard sell for any three of these games are the prices on PSN. They're each at $19.99 I believe, which is a kind of crazy given their age. I had some spare PSN credits and blindly picked up CTW around the Vita's launch. I'd say out of the three, that's the only one that's worth more than $12 at this point. Hopefully all PSP games will go on sale soon (maybe this summer?) and I'll pick up digital copies of the stories games.
famousmortimer
Banned
(04-27-2012, 12:11 AM)
famousmortimer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bukana

These are the ones coming out for next two to three months:

-Gravity Rush (JUNE)
-MGS 2+3 HD Collection (JUNE)
-Virtue's Last Reward (999's Sequel) (NO DATE THAT I KNOW OF)
-Mortal Kombat (MAY)
-Silent Hill: Book of Memories (MAY/JUNE)
-Little Big Planet (PUSHED TO FALL)
-Resistance: Burning Skies (MAY)
-Killzone (NO DATE THAT I KNOW OF- FALL AT THE EARLIEST)
-Warrior's Lair (PUSHED TO FALL)
-Dragon's Crown (PUSHED TO 2013)
-Madden NFL 13 (AUGUST OR SEPTEMBER)
-Street Fighter X Tekken (FALL)
-Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock (NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THIS)
-DJMax Technika Tune (NO DATE)


Your heart is in the right place - but your facts aren't.




And for those on the fence about katamari or looking for a fun but overlooked launch game, I liked it a lot.
Agent X
Member
(04-27-2012, 01:07 AM)
Agent X's Avatar

Originally Posted by chickdigger802

surprised how many people will be sold on vita due to ps1 support.

Why did y'all skip out on psp when that got ps1 support?

PS1 support is unlikely to be the primary motivation to get a Vita. However, it could be a tipping point for people who like what it has to offer, but need just a little added "oomph" to push them into a purchase.

Originally Posted by GraveRobberX

Most likely a E3 "Surprise"

Your PSVita can now play PSOne games, Rejoice Everyone!

You spoiled Sony's E3 2013 conference surprise!
famousmortimer
Banned
(04-27-2012, 01:12 AM)
famousmortimer's Avatar
Unfortunately from what i'm hearing is that the E3 surprise is going to be that third parties are running away from the thing.

Though to be fair the same thing was happening at this point last year with the 3DS.



Basically, Sony really needs to drop price - but can't yet because it just came out. So it will happen in late summer, like the 3DS. And until then being a Vita fan will be torturous.





That's not all that great of an E3 surprise :/
Himynameischris
(04-27-2012, 01:25 AM)
Himynameischris's Avatar
Wow just found out I won a 2nd vita via the Taco Bell contest a few weeks ago, I just got the email from UPS....I guess I'm going to sell it, how much was the first edition bundle?
Proteus
BOSS
(04-27-2012, 01:27 AM)
Proteus's Avatar
Would love a Dead or Alive Dimensions release announcement.
Leona Lewis
Member
(04-27-2012, 01:49 AM)
Leona Lewis's Avatar

Originally Posted by chris.trejo

Wow just found out I won a 2nd vita via the Taco Bell contest a few weeks ago, I just got the email from UPS....I guess I'm going to sell it, how much was the first edition bundle?

$349.99.

I'll be willing to buy!
Spiderjericho
Member
(04-27-2012, 01:53 AM)
I think they should try to get a ton of ios/android ports and line up two or three major releases a month.

If I were them, I'd try to sell systems with killer apps in the vein of Mario Kart, Mario, Pokemon, Dragonquest and Monster Hunter.

I think with cheap/quick games and significant titles, they'll appeal to the casual and hard core.
Koroviev
Member
(04-27-2012, 02:29 AM)
Koroviev's Avatar

Originally Posted by famousmortimer

Unfortunately from what i'm hearing is that the E3 surprise is going to be that third parties are running away from the thing.

Though to be fair the same thing was happening at this point last year with the 3DS.



Basically, Sony really needs to drop price - but can't yet because it just came out. So it will happen in late summer, like the 3DS. And until then being a Vita fan will be torturous.





That's not all that great of an E3 surprise :/

How much could Sony drop the price? The 3DS is still close to $200, and as much I like the 3DS, the Vita is a much more powerful device.
Syn23
Member
(04-27-2012, 02:32 AM)
Syn23's Avatar
I've asked on the "stupid gaming questions" thread and didn't receive any answer, so maybe this isn't so stupid: Which components stay on in a PS3, when it's turned off and the "Remote Start" setting is activated? Can it cause any wear or damage to those components, with time?
Live Free or Die
Banned
(04-27-2012, 03:59 AM)
Live Free or Die's Avatar
Hey Guys, How was The 3rd Birthday on PSP? Im thinking about getting for my Vita.
Bukana
Member
(04-27-2012, 04:27 AM)
Bukana's Avatar
Also, what's the verdict on Phantasy Star Portable 2, can I buy it from the UK store and transfer it to my Vita!? Also, how is the co-op experience!?
Famassu
(04-27-2012, 04:41 AM)
Famassu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Live Free or Die

Hey Guys, How was The 3rd Birthday on PSP? Im thinking about getting for my Vita.

Fun gameplay, shit story.
Figboy79
Aftershock LA
(04-27-2012, 04:49 AM)
Figboy79's Avatar

Originally Posted by Famassu

Fun gameplay, shit story.

Having played through it and beat it, I don't know if I'd call the gameplay "fun."

For me, it was an exercise in frustration, which is sad, because I really dug the game mechanics, I just felt that the game was insanely cheap and had an absurd difficulty curve.

Visually it was stunning, and playing with the second analog stick certainly helped, but man, there were quite a few times I wanted to throw my Vita across a room. It really marred the later half of the game for me.

But yeah, the story is ass.
impact
Banned
(04-27-2012, 05:20 AM)




awwww shiiiiiiii time for some Pokemon Blue
Vanillalite
Ask me about the GAF Notebook
(04-27-2012, 05:48 AM)
Vanillalite's Avatar
I'm not a Vita owner yet, and I don't have an immediate plans to get one. I'm happy with my current setup of playing the few PC games I play (LoL/LOTRO/TF2 etc..) as well as my 3ds.

That being said I'm in the PSO2 beta, and I think I'd reeeaaallllyyy like to play that on a Vita for some reason. So much so that if the price was right and the system is still afloat I'd buy a Vita just to play it along with the PC version. I think it would work well on the Vita, and I think it would look and perform nicely too.

Take that as you will Vita-GAF.
tch
Member
(04-27-2012, 05:54 AM)

Originally Posted by impact





awwww shiiiiiiii time for some Pokemon Blue

gah! how?
Himynameischris
(04-27-2012, 05:58 AM)
Himynameischris's Avatar

Originally Posted by Leona Lewis

$349.99.

I'll be willing to buy!


lol really? I won't have it in my possession for a week or two though since it got shipped to my moms house
Koroviev
Member
(04-27-2012, 05:58 AM)
Koroviev's Avatar

Originally Posted by impact





awwww shiiiiiiii time for some Pokemon Blue

I don't get it :(

Thread Tools