• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

garath
(04-26-2012, 04:35 PM)

Originally Posted by DMPrince

4 new apps. 2 related to music and movies.
5 video game montages of released and already announced games
2 new game announcement with a teaser trailer with nothing but the game logo and developer and music that doesn't make sense.
1 new game announcement with gameplay but won't be out until late 2013 and early 2014.

oh and new bundle which includes a 4GB memory card with same price. (WIFI only) the 3G won't be mentioned at all.

So cynical but probably so accurate. :(
Zoibie
(04-26-2012, 04:39 PM)

4 new apps. 2 related to music and movies.
2 new game announcement with a teaser trailer with nothing but the game logo and developer and music that doesn't make sense.
1 new game announcement with gameplay but won't be out until late 2013 and early 2014.

oh and new bundle which includes a 4GB memory card with same price. (WIFI only) the 3G won't be mentioned at all.

Sony were good about the montages last year, bundled them all up into the intro to save time.
DMPrince
(04-26-2012, 04:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Zoibie

Sony were good about the montages last year, bundled them all up into the intro to save time.

short clip in intro montage. then full trailer throughout lol. it can be very boring. or they keep showing the same clip just so we won't forget.
Bringer Of Bacon
(04-26-2012, 04:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Benedict

You might be too young for it.

lol umad bro?
snap0212
(04-26-2012, 04:47 PM)

These are so annoying. Sony just loves their video montages but they add absolutely nothing.

Of course, these montages will include Sackboy doing something "incredibly funny".
xKilltheMx
(04-26-2012, 04:50 PM)

Originally Posted by OchAyeTheNoo

Sorry, what do you mean? Ah, do you mean I should just try going to google.com and I should be redirected to the sign-in page?

I'm sure I've tried that, but I'll give it another go the next time I'm out

Yeah thats what I meant excuse the poor grammar. Good Luck, I hope it works for you.
dallow_bg
nods at old men
(04-26-2012, 05:19 PM)

Originally Posted by dallow_bg

Quick question.

My friend was using his BT headset to play online with me.
He said he could only get the game audio to output via the headset, and not the Vita.

Is there a way?

Anyone know?
chickdigger802
(04-26-2012, 06:44 PM)
Ok a more specific question. How many ps1 games used the right stick for camera or other meaningful stuff?
bumpkin
(04-26-2012, 07:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Koroviev

Wipeout looks incredible and plays great. I've also enjoyed the Lumines and Hot Shots Golf demos. Several people recommend the fighting games (i.e. Marvel vs. Capcom and BlazBlue), but I haven't tried those yet.

I've actually never really been into the Wipeout games, but I'll give a demo a whirl and see if time and technology have made the experience more to my liking. I remember never developing an interest in the series much beyond playing the demo I got with my original PSOne a few times.

I had one of the HSG games on the original PSP and on my PS3. I'll give the demo for that a try and see if it's something I want to pick up.

Not so sure about MvC3, if only because I got it on 360 and lost interest pretty quick; just too much going on for me to wrap my head around. I found that I tried to play it like SFIV, and that's simply not the way.

Originally Posted by darkwing

Mutant Blobs, it's only $8 and it is good

Haven't heard of it, but I'll look into it!

Originally Posted by goonergaz

Motorstorm RC & Rayman Origins.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Motorstorm RC. I loved RC Pro-Am on the NES and got some moderate mileage out of the Micro Machines game on PSOne. I've already got Rayman Origins on my 360 though.
whatsinaname
(04-26-2012, 07:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Bukana

What do you guys think will be announced for the Vita this E3!?

I know it is being called a PS3 exclusive, but I wish PS All Stars will be announced as coming out for Vita as well and with cross-play.
Leona Lewis
(04-26-2012, 07:38 PM)

Originally Posted by whatsinaname

I know it is being called a PS3 exclusive, but I wish PS All Stars will be announced as coming out for Vita as well and with cross-play.

Yeah, the fact that PS3 is getting those high-profile games as exclusives is mind-boggling. As if PS3 really needs a boost in its twilight years with casual, pick-up-and-play surefire hits.

E3, we needs you to make sense of all this :-(
Mammoth Jones
(04-26-2012, 07:40 PM)
Alright so I'm actually tempted to go out and buy a Vita on my lunch break.....

I love me some Marvel vs Capcom 3 but I'm wondering if there are other games currently on the platform to make it worth the investment. Really hoping FFX hurries up, lol
Koroviev
(04-26-2012, 07:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Mammoth Jones

I love me some Marvel vs Capcom 3 but I'm wondering if there are other games currently on the platform to make it worth the investment. Really hoping FFX hurries up, lol

Wipeout 2048, Rayman Origins, BlazBlue, Hot Shots Golf, Mutant Blobs Attack and then Gravity Rush in June.

Edit: Also PSP games.
ReaperXL7
(04-26-2012, 07:47 PM)

It depends on what kind of games your interested in. I bought the Vita for a few different reasons. The games I wanted at/near launch were Rayman Origins, Lumines, Unit 13, and Disgaea 3 and none of them disappointed me, wipeout was also a great surprise as i'm not really a racing game fan very much.

There is also a bunch of stuff coming that i'm excited for like Sound Shapes, Retro City Rampage, DJ Max Technika Tune, LBP, a possible Killzone etc. Then adding in all the PSP games I wanted, but never got to play, PS1 support coming, and it being a solid multimedia device it was a good purchase for me.

I would say your best bet is to go check one out at a local retailers kiosk and get a feel for it personally, thats the best way to tell if you find vaule in what it offers.
Bukana
(04-26-2012, 07:57 PM)

These are the ones coming out for next two to three months:

-Gravity Rush
-MGS 2+3 HD Collection
-Virtue's Last Reward (999's Sequel)
-Mortal Kombat
-Silent Hill: Book of Memories
-Little Big Planet
-Resistance: Burning Skies
-Killzone
-Warrior's Lair
-Dragon's Crown
-Madden NFL 13
-Street Fighter X Tekken
-Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
-DJMax Technika Tune

Already released games:

-Rayman Origins
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
-Ultimate Marvel Versus Capcom 3
-Dynasty Warriors Next
-Fifa
-Shinobido 2 : Revenge Of Zen
-Escape Plan
-MotorStorm: RC
-Army Corps of Hell
-BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
-Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
-Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
-Hustle Kings
-ModNation Racers: Road Trip
-Reality Fighters
-Touch My Katamari
-MLB 12: The Show
-Uncharted: Golden Abyss
-Lumines Electronic Symphony
-Plants vs. Zombies
-Everybody's Golf 6
-PSP Games On PSN

Announced Games With No Dates OR Localization:

-Persona 4: The Golden
-Ragnarok Odyssey
-Tales Of Innosence R
-Lord Of Apocalypse
-Call Of Duty
-Soul Sacrifice
-Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
-Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
-FFX HD
-Little King's Story 2
-Little Deviants
-Dust 514
-BioShock
-Assassin's Creed
-Zone of the Enders HD Collection
CorrisD
badchoiceboobies
(04-26-2012, 08:08 PM)
After being unsure and asking some questions a few pages back I ordered a Vita, Wifi model with a 16GB card and some case for like 200 I think it was, also picked up Uncharted: GA for 22 of eBay.

Pretty excited for it coming, it's been a long time since I've picked up a game this close to launch, looking forward to Gravity Rush when it comes out and hopefully PS1 emulation is here soon.
SteeloDMZ
Banned
(04-26-2012, 08:12 PM)
Here are my plausible list of games for this E3:

- MediEvil 3
- Ratchet and Clank
- New From Software Souls game
- GTA V confirmed for Vita
- A ton of cool looking downloadable games

I'll be very happy with that.
Gravijah
(04-26-2012, 08:15 PM)

Originally Posted by SteeloDMZ

- MediEvil 3

how are these plausible?
Massa
(04-26-2012, 08:15 PM)
Unit 13 is a great underrated game.
kuroshiki
(04-26-2012, 08:16 PM)
If they release

FFX, ZOE, Persona 4G within fall, I would be very happy.
PhantomOfTheKnight
(04-26-2012, 08:16 PM)

-Gravity Rush
-MGS 2+3 HD Collection
-Virtue's Last Reward (999's Sequel)
-Mortal Kombat
-Silent Hill: Book of Memories
-Little Big Planet
-Resistance: Burning Skies
-Killzone
-Warrior's Lair
-Dragon's Crown
-Madden NFL 13
-Street Fighter X Tekken
-Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
-DJMax Technika Tune

Already released games:

-Rayman Origins
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
-Ultimate Marvel Versus Capcom 3
-Dynasty Warriors Next
-Fifa
-Shinobido 2 : Revenge Of Zen
-Escape Plan
-MotorStorm: RC
-Army Corps of Hell
-BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
-Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
-Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
-Hustle Kings
-ModNation Racers: Road Trip
-Reality Fighters
-Touch My Katamari
-MLB 12: The Show
-Uncharted: Golden Abyss
-Lumines Electronic Symphony
-Plants vs. Zombies
-Everybody's Golf 6
-PSP Games On PSN

Announced Games With No Dates OR Localization:

-Persona 4: The Golden
-Ragnarok Odyssey
-Tales Of Innosence R
-Lord Of Apocalypse
-Call Of Duty
-Soul Sacrifice
-Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
-Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
-FFX HD
-Little King's Story 2
-Little Deviants
-Dust 514
-BioShock
-Assassin's Creed
-Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Dragon's Crown got delayed to 2013, and I think Zone of the Enders was announced for a western release.
spats
(04-26-2012, 08:19 PM)
GTA V Vita is a crazy pipe dream in my opinion. MediEvil 3 isn't an impossibility though. Unlikely, but it could happen.
chickdigger802
(04-26-2012, 08:20 PM)

- MediEvil 3
- Ratchet and Clank
- New From Software Souls game
- A ton of cool looking downloadable games

How is that plausible ;P

Maybe a spinoff... but isn't rockstar mobile busy porting stuff to ios these days?
SteeloDMZ
Banned
(04-26-2012, 08:22 PM)
A GTAV port seems likely to me. Obviously they would have to gimp it a lot (unless Rockstar really understands how to develop Vita games), but R* has always been a supporter of Sony's hardware, and I'm sure Kaz would do anything in order to have a game this big on the platform.
Last edited by SteeloDMZ; 04-26-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Speedymanic
Banned
(04-26-2012, 08:24 PM)
As we're talking about GTA, are the Stories any good? Anyone know the download size for them?
Massa
(04-26-2012, 08:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

As we're talking about GTA, are the Stories any good? Anyone know the download size for them?

I only played Vice City Stories and it sucks. The story is god-awful and the gameplay was already dated back when it came out, let alone now.

It's worth only for being Victy City, so there's that, but I'd still rather play the PC version of the main game to get that kind of fix.

Chinatown Wars on the other hand is one of the best games on the PSP. Better mission design, controls, very good writing, well suited for quick sessions.
Spiegel
(04-26-2012, 08:29 PM)

Originally Posted by spats

GTA V Vita is a crazy pipe dream in my opinion. MediEvil 3 isn't an impossibility though. Unlikely, but it could happen.

Medievil 3 is an impossibility. SCE Cambridge is working on Killzone Vita and the studio is basically a Guerrilla games subsidiary now.
spats
(04-26-2012, 08:29 PM)

Vice City stories is really, really good. Some of the later missions are hard as fuck, but it's everything you'd expect from a ps2-era GTA game. Production values are amazing, technically solid and controls well on the Vita.

Don't remember the exact download size since I've deleted the game off my system because of my tiny memory card, but the EU version was propably around 1.4 gigs.
SteeloDMZ
Banned
(04-26-2012, 08:31 PM)
The chances of a MediEvil 3 will slightly increase tomorrow if it is revealed that Sir Dan Fortesque is a character on Sony's upcoming Smash clone.
spats
(04-26-2012, 08:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Spiegel

Medievil 3 is an impossibility. SCE Cambridge is working on Killzone Vita and the studio is basically a Guerrilla games subsidiary now.

Why would Cambridge have to do it? A franchise migrating from one first party developer to another wouldn't be unheard of.
chickdigger802
(04-26-2012, 08:33 PM)

A GTAV port seems likely to me. Obviously they would have to gimp it a lot (unless Rockstar really understands how to develop Vita games), but R* has always been a supporter of Sony's hardware, and I'm sure Kaz would do anything in order to have a game this big on the platform.

Unless they completely revamp that RAGE engine, it seems extremely unlikely. Those games can barely run on consoles at ~20fps.
Speedymanic
Banned
(04-26-2012, 08:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Massa

I only played Vice City Stories and it sucks. The story is god-awful and the gameplay was already dated back when it came out, let alone now.

It's worth only for being Victy City, so there's that, but I'd still rather play the PC version of the main game to get that kind of fix.

Chinatown Wars on the other hand is one of the best games on the PSP. Better mission design, controls, very good writing, well suited for quick sessions.

Cheers. I'll be downloading CTW. Quick sessions is perfect, a mission or two before bed or before I head off for work is exactly what I'm looking for. Ghosts of Sparta has scratched that itch very well, the save points are spaced out in the just right way.

Vice City stories is really, really good. Some of the later missions are hard as fuck, but it's everything you'd expect from a ps2-era GTA game. Production values are amazing, technically solid and controls well on the Vita.

Don't remember the exact download size since I've deleted the game off my system because of my tiny memory card, but the EU version was propably around 1.4 gigs.

Hmm, guess I'll go with CTW for now and pick up VCS if/when it goes on sale.
Last edited by Speedymanic; 04-26-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Tratorn
(04-26-2012, 08:37 PM)

Originally Posted by chickdigger802

Unless they completely revamp that RAGE engine, it seems extremely unlikely. Those games can barely run on consoles at ~20fps.

Also it wouldn't really sell that well, if its just the same GTA V as on home consoles.
Vita needs an exclusive GTA V sidestory.
Spiegel
(04-26-2012, 08:37 PM)

Cheers. I'll be downloading CTW.

Don't buy CTW if you aren't too fond of the top down GTAs

VCS on the other hand is really good.

Why would Cambridge have to do it? A franchise migrating from one first party developer to another wouldn't be unheard of.

It is for old, forgotten franchises
Last edited by Spiegel; 04-26-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Tambini
(04-26-2012, 08:40 PM)

If you aren't too fond of the top down GTAs don't buy CTW.

Actually I don't really like the old top down GTAs but CTW is one of the best GTA games I have played in my opinion.

The drug dealing mechanic was really fun.
Speedymanic
Banned
(04-26-2012, 08:42 PM)

Don't buy CTW, i you aren't too fond of the top down GTAs

I don't mind top down GTA, but I think I'll drop the money for both. CTW will be my quick session game and VCS will be my play when I'm off or have an hour or two spare game.

It's getting pretty crazy, already thinking about buying a 16gb mem card as I'm downloading so much.
Sylver
(04-26-2012, 08:42 PM)

How is that plausible ;P

Maybe a spinoff... but isn't rockstar mobile busy porting stuff to ios these days?

People are still using some April Fool's cover magazine as source.
http://www.play-mag.co.uk/magazine-i...crets-exposed/
Last edited by Sylver; 04-26-2012 at 08:45 PM.
spats
(04-26-2012, 08:45 PM)

Cheers. I'll be downloading CTW. Quick sessions is perfect, a mission or two before bed or before I head off for work is exactly what I'm looking for. Ghosts of Sparta has scratched that itch very well, the save points are spaced out in the just right way.

Yeah, I guess I should say that I got VCS for free when SCEE screwed up and put it up for free by accident. So my opinion might be different if I'd paid 20 euros for it. I still stand by my post though, it's a slightly compacted version of Vice City and plays like it. Story-wise it's a spinoff though, and not at all the same game as VC. Check out this review for some decent gameplay footage if you're curious. http://youtu.be/kW0Jzy6dXNU

I can't speak for the PSP version of CTW but the DS version was ABHORRENT. One of the worst games I've ever played. So, so boring and no story hooks to keep you engaged. So looks like I couldn't possibly disagree any more with Massa's opinion. :D
chickdigger802
(04-26-2012, 08:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Sylver

People are still using some April Fool's cover magzaine as source.
http://www.play-mag.co.uk/magazine-i...crets-exposed/

ahahahaha.
theBishop
Banned
(04-26-2012, 09:48 PM)

I've played every GTA, and Liberty City Stories is the only one I've actually finished. It's good.

Vice City Stories makes more impressive use of the PSP hardware (Helicopters!), the lead character is great, and there's an overarching "Empire Building" meta game which lends itself really well to handheld gaming.

Objectively speaking, Vice City is the better game, but for some reason LCS hooked me.
Number45
(04-26-2012, 09:51 PM)
Anyone able to share any thoughts on how to get better wireless performance from the Vita? If I run Speedtest on my PC (wired) I get 34Mbps, on my iPhone (4s) I get 26Mbps... but on my Vita (using the internet connection test) the best I've seen is 11Mbps - I appreciate Speedtest and the PSN test are different, but surely they're not THAT different (for reference, I always get great speeds on my PS3, which is wired).

Anyone know of any independent speed test sites that work on the Vita browser?

The only thing I've really tried so far is changing wireless channels (my router has a smart wireless feature that's supposed to find the best channel, but I've tried setting it manually as well). The iPhone and Vita are right next to each other.
Supervlieg
(04-26-2012, 10:07 PM)
E3: remote play with game support please.
GQman2121
(04-26-2012, 10:20 PM)
I'll chime in the GTA discussion, and just say that if you can imagine still enjoying GTA III today in the palm of your hands, then both of the Stories games are worth checking out.

Also, I can't recommend Chinatown Wars enough. It's super simple, but the mechanics are addicting and the Vita's screen really makes the visuals pop. It looks fantastic.

The only hard sell for any three of these games are the prices on PSN. They're each at $19.99 I believe, which is a kind of crazy given their age. I had some spare PSN credits and blindly picked up CTW around the Vita's launch. I'd say out of the three, that's the only one that's worth more than $12 at this point. Hopefully all PSP games will go on sale soon (maybe this summer?) and I'll pick up digital copies of the stories games.
famousmortimer
Banned
(04-26-2012, 11:11 PM)

-Gravity Rush (JUNE)
-MGS 2+3 HD Collection (JUNE)
-Virtue's Last Reward (999's Sequel) (NO DATE THAT I KNOW OF)
-Mortal Kombat (MAY)
-Silent Hill: Book of Memories (MAY/JUNE)
-Little Big Planet (PUSHED TO FALL)
-Resistance: Burning Skies (MAY)
-Killzone (NO DATE THAT I KNOW OF- FALL AT THE EARLIEST)
-Warrior's Lair (PUSHED TO FALL)
-Dragon's Crown (PUSHED TO 2013)
-Madden NFL 13 (AUGUST OR SEPTEMBER)
-Street Fighter X Tekken (FALL)
-Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock (NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THIS)
-DJMax Technika Tune (NO DATE)

Your heart is in the right place - but your facts aren't.

And for those on the fence about katamari or looking for a fun but overlooked launch game, I liked it a lot.
Agent X
(04-27-2012, 12:07 AM)

surprised how many people will be sold on vita due to ps1 support.

Why did y'all skip out on psp when that got ps1 support?

PS1 support is unlikely to be the primary motivation to get a Vita. However, it could be a tipping point for people who like what it has to offer, but need just a little added "oomph" to push them into a purchase.

Originally Posted by GraveRobberX

Most likely a E3 "Surprise"

Your PSVita can now play PSOne games, Rejoice Everyone!

You spoiled Sony's E3 2013 conference surprise!
famousmortimer
Banned
(04-27-2012, 12:12 AM)
Unfortunately from what i'm hearing is that the E3 surprise is going to be that third parties are running away from the thing.

Though to be fair the same thing was happening at this point last year with the 3DS.

Basically, Sony really needs to drop price - but can't yet because it just came out. So it will happen in late summer, like the 3DS. And until then being a Vita fan will be torturous.

That's not all that great of an E3 surprise :/
chris.trejo
(04-27-2012, 12:25 AM)
Wow just found out I won a 2nd vita via the Taco Bell contest a few weeks ago, I just got the email from UPS....I guess I'm going to sell it, how much was the first edition bundle?
DoctorWho
BOSS
(04-27-2012, 12:27 AM)
Would love a Dead or Alive Dimensions release announcement.
Leona Lewis
(04-27-2012, 12:49 AM)

Originally Posted by chris.trejo

Wow just found out I won a 2nd vita via the Taco Bell contest a few weeks ago, I just got the email from UPS....I guess I'm going to sell it, how much was the first edition bundle?

$349.99.

I'll be willing to buy!
Spiderjericho
(04-27-2012, 12:53 AM)
I think they should try to get a ton of ios/android ports and line up two or three major releases a month.

If I were them, I'd try to sell systems with killer apps in the vein of Mario Kart, Mario, Pokemon, Dragonquest and Monster Hunter.

I think with cheap/quick games and significant titles, they'll appeal to the casual and hard core.