• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m3vpjsGUcH1r9h4heo1_500.jpg

BOSS

Fuck realism, I want this scene in an episode. NOW

How can you complain about changed story lines without seeing the storyline come to fruition yet. Might work really well with the characters and storyline the shows' writers have in mind. After almost two seasons you expect people to accept that the book and the show are different entities. The story in general is fairly similar but character portrayals can vary strongly between book and show. As a book reader it makes the show more interesting to watch to be honest.
They can barely do wolves, how are they going to do a bear?

The only bear I need is the one that goes to the fair.

Yeah, I don't know why, but Theon always gets the best music. The North theme is pretty good though.
The King's Arrival from season 1 is great too.

I notice the third season is supposed to be based on half a novel, rather than a full entry. so HBO is definitely in this for the long haul then, including the books that havnt even been written yet?

vehn

What is the third name that arya tells jaquen? I've only read through half of AFFC and don't remember what the third name is

Thought you guys might like to see these. I got them from my girlfriend. They were Season 2 cast and crew gifts. I needed a new winter jacket so it's nice to get a quality one. Often the gifts can be some really gaudy stuff but the jacket is nice and subdued. The shirt was also for the crews who worked on both shoots. Unfortunately, no Hodor's stunt cock, so I can't show that...

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

AColdDay

I've got a question that has been bothering me for a little while, and I was thinking that maybe one of you guys could answer it. I don't know if it is spelled out in the series, or if the answer is something that is only in the books (I haven't read the books yet). If it is a big spoiler, than someone can just PM me the answer.

So in one of Dany's scenes someone mentions The Spice King being "the second richest man in Qarth". I thought he was the top guy, so if he isn't the richest man in Qarth, who is?

Clipjoint

I've got a question that has been bothering me for a little while, and I was thinking that maybe one of you guys could answer it. I don't know if it is spelled out in the series, or if the answer is something that is only in the books (I haven't read the books yet). If it is a big spoiler, than someone can just PM me the answer.

So in one of Dany's scenes someone mentions The Spice King being "the second richest man in Qarth". I thought he was the top guy, so if he isn't the richest man in Qarth, who is?

Xaro Xhoan Daxos (the guy Dany is staying with) said that he's the richest man in Qarth.

Sanjay

How do you not know who the richest man in Qarth is? he mentions it in every scene hes part of every minute!

Coop

What was done to Rome was a really shame. As good as S2 was it was CRAZY rushed towards its conclusion. Fucking BBC dropping out and HBO not wanting to front the entire budget. I wonder what would Game of Thrones be like if it had Rome's 100 million budget(today even bigger than that with inflation included).

Probably better wigs

Altazor

so Xaro Xhoan Daxos is the richest man in Qarth, and the richest man in Qarth and also the richest man in Qarth? Whoa if true.

Thought you guys might like to see these. I got them from my girlfriend. They were Season 2 cast and crew gifts. I needed a new winter jacket so it's nice to get a quality one. Often the gifts can be some really gaudy stuff but the jacket is nice and subdued. The shirt was also for the crews who worked on both shoots. Unfortunately, no Hodor's stunt cock, so I can't show that...

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

wellll I take back what I said about you, looks like you were telling the truth lol

apana

We need gifs of Joffrey saying "you can't insult meh" and Bran asking Osha "why?" if they haven't been done already.

Because Cornballer isn't here this weekend.

New episode tonight:

A Man Without Honor

Jaime meets a distant relative; Dany receives an invitation to the House of the Undying; Theon leads a search party; Jon loses his way in the wilderness; Cersei counsels Sansa.

RaidenZR

Based on the way the show's been progressing and how many episodes are left...

They wouldn't try to do the majority of the Blackwater battle AND the inside of the House of the Undying stuff in a single episode, would they?

Based on the way the show's been progressing and how many episodes are left...

They wouldn't try to do the majority of the Blackwater battle AND the inside of the House of the Undying stuff in a single episode, would they?

I don't think so. COK
I think episode 9 is pretty much going to be all Blackwater and nothing else. Then episode 10 is when Dany actually goes to the House of the Undying.

Which matches up with the summary for the season finale, episode 10 (spoilers)
Episode #20: “Valar Morghulis”: Tyrion awakens to a changed situation. King Joffrey doles out rewards to his subjects. As Theon stirs his men to action, Luwin offers some final advice. Brienne silences Jaime; Arya receives a gift from Jaqen; Dany goes to a strange place; Jon proves himself to Qhorin. Source:http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/05/game-of-thrones-episode-210-valar.html

But I was reading some spoilers about this week's episode today and it seems they're altering more book stuff, at least with Dany and Jaime, fairly significantly it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom