• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Fry
Member
(03-17-2012, 08:54 PM)
Fry's Avatar
Can't wait! to see Emilia Clarke naked again, that is :D
bengraven
will fuck homely black hookers in the name of progress and tolerance
(03-17-2012, 08:55 PM)
bengraven's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fry8

Can't wait! to see Emilia Clarke naked again, that is :D

only one tit at a time though!

Actually, I doubt they'll go with that, even though she's okay with being nude. Maybe once or twice.
Pollux
formerly zmoney
(03-17-2012, 08:55 PM)
Pollux's Avatar

Originally Posted by bengraven

she didn't know where her womanhood stopped and his fat pink mast began

.grrm troll face
FantasticMrFoxdie
Member
(03-17-2012, 09:07 PM)
FantasticMrFoxdie's Avatar
Spoiler Tags: The thread.


I really got to stop highlighting spoiler tags when its precursory with something that sounds sarcastic.
LiQuid!
Member
(03-17-2012, 09:10 PM)
LiQuid!'s Avatar
Watching the DVD's with commentary and holy crap the kids are adorable in episode 3. Sassing Jaime's actor for swearing in a scene, lol.
anaron
Member
(03-17-2012, 09:12 PM)
anaron's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiQuid!

Watching the DVD's with commentary and holy crap the kids are adorable in episode 3. Sassing Jaime's actor for swearing in a scene, lol.

I've been hearing the commentaries are hilarious - particularly Emilia and Lena's.
LiQuid!
Member
(03-17-2012, 09:13 PM)
LiQuid!'s Avatar

Originally Posted by anaron

I've been hearing the commentaries are hilarious - particularly Emilia and Lena's.

Lena's got a bit of a potty mouth!
anaron
Member
(03-17-2012, 09:20 PM)
anaron's Avatar



BertramCooper
Member
(03-17-2012, 10:29 PM)
BertramCooper's Avatar
Yeah, Lena is surprisingly hilarious.

GRRM's commentary was interesting. Somehow I never picked up on the fact that Jeor Mormont was missing his raven. Or how odd it was that Tyrion and the mountain clans walked into the Lannister camp instead of on horseback.

Also, I discovered that I was pronouncing "Eyrie" correctly, while the show was not.
Frost_Ace
Member
(03-17-2012, 10:30 PM)
Frost_Ace's Avatar
^Amazing, lmao.
LiQuid!
Member
(03-17-2012, 10:37 PM)
LiQuid!'s Avatar
I'm on episode 4 now with writer Bryan Cogman and Kit Harrington. Man, Kit's kind of a dipshit. Yeah, yeah, he's hot, I'm jelly, whatever, but man is his input here totally vapid. He's basically repeating all the intelligent thoughts of the writer. Whoever made these groupings for the commentary is some kind of mad genius to be able to balance out the brainpower of these two before deciding to record these.
Alligatorjandro
MONEY UP, BITCH
(03-17-2012, 10:40 PM)
Alligatorjandro's Avatar
Can't wait for season 2.I was addicted to the last season,it was so good.
bengraven
will fuck homely black hookers in the name of progress and tolerance
(03-17-2012, 10:43 PM)
bengraven's Avatar

Originally Posted by BertramCooper

Somehow I never picked up on the fact that Jeor Mormont was missing his raven.

FUUUUUUUCK.

That's right. Are you sure there isn't a scene with at least one raven in Mormont's office?
Lactose_Intolerant
Member
(03-17-2012, 11:11 PM)
Lactose_Intolerant's Avatar

Originally Posted by bengraven

FUUUUUUUCK.

That's right. Are you sure there isn't a scene with at least one raven in Mormont's office?

no. I'm going to be pissed off if that bird has any more impact in the story than it already does.
RPGCrazied
Member
(03-17-2012, 11:42 PM)
RPGCrazied's Avatar
U-Verse has HBO and Cinemax free for 3 months, so looks like I can watch the night they come on, woot! Can't wait.
FantasticMrFoxdie
Member
(03-17-2012, 11:44 PM)
FantasticMrFoxdie's Avatar

Originally Posted by anaron

BertramCooper
Member
(03-17-2012, 11:48 PM)
BertramCooper's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lactose_Intolerant

no. I'm going to be pissed off if that bird has any more impact in the story than it already does.

Going from GRRM's commentary, I don't think that's going to be a problem.
Puddles
Banned
(03-17-2012, 11:52 PM)
Wait, that can't be right. We need the raven.
bengraven
will fuck homely black hookers in the name of progress and tolerance
(03-17-2012, 11:58 PM)
bengraven's Avatar
Getting into spoiler territory here (series spoilers) but the raven doesn't do much except possibly predict omens or "is the voice of Mormont" during the election. Really, nothing that needed to be in. That said, just a quick shot to even a raven that was already filmed for Bran's flashback with a quick caw of "snow" would be okay for the loretards like myself.

Taking out the raven was so minor compared to taking out, basically, every single fucking flashback/reference to Jon's parents.
BertramCooper
Member
(03-17-2012, 11:59 PM)
BertramCooper's Avatar
I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but the complete guide to Westeros in the Blu-ray set is fucking awesome.

And actually very helpful, even for those of us who have read the books.
bengraven
will fuck homely black hookers in the name of progress and tolerance
(03-18-2012, 12:05 AM)
bengraven's Avatar
I really wish I had a BR player and the set.
Puddles
Banned
(03-18-2012, 12:05 AM)
So are they removing Mormont's raven entirely, or did they just not include it in Season 1?

Series spoilers: Not only did it influence the Lord Commander elections, but it was just a really badass sidekick for Jon to have in addition to Ghost.
Subitai
Member
(03-18-2012, 12:10 AM)
Subitai's Avatar
Feels closer than it is.

I think it is this early summer weather.
bengraven
will fuck homely black hookers in the name of progress and tolerance
(03-18-2012, 12:13 AM)
bengraven's Avatar

Originally Posted by Puddles

So are they removing Mormont's raven entirely, or did they just not include it in Season 1?

Series spoilers: Not only did it influence the Lord Commander elections, but it was just a really badass sidekick for Jon to have in addition to Ghost.

Maybe we'll see it quickly in this season.
ColonialRaptor
Member
(03-18-2012, 12:17 AM)
ColonialRaptor's Avatar

This is not Eva Green.


Originally Posted by BertramCooper

Yeah, Lena is surprisingly hilarious.

GRRM's commentary was interesting. Somehow I never picked up on the fact that Jeor Mormont was missing his raven. Or how odd it was that Tyrion and the mountain clans walked into the Lannister camp instead of on horseback.

Also, I discovered that I was pronouncing "Eyrie" correctly, while the show was not.

The correct pronunciation is "Eye-Wree" right? No "E-Ree" like some of them say in the show? It's not eerie now is it... well, i suppose it is, that with it's sky cells and the only Arryn left is a sick little mumma's boy.
Last edited by ColonialRaptor; 03-18-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Puddles
Banned
(03-18-2012, 12:23 AM)

Originally Posted by Arment

I love the color composition of this shot.
timetokill
I call 'em "death hugs"
(03-18-2012, 12:23 AM)
timetokill's Avatar
So ready for this season to start.

Having read more of the books now, and rewatching the first season on BluRay, it's neat to see all the little foreshadowing touches they've done with the characters.
DiatribeEQ
Member
(03-18-2012, 12:24 AM)
DiatribeEQ's Avatar
After spending all day (Thursday) watching Season 1 on Blu-Ray, I ordered the first 5 books to read (specially the 1st to compare how things were in book vs. screen). Will have plenty of time to read them as I won't be watching them again till Season 2 is out on Blu-Ray. And yes, I'm a part of the "Imp for King" fan club.
Notrollious
Member
(03-18-2012, 12:26 AM)
Notrollious's Avatar

Originally Posted by DiatribeEQ

After spending all day (Thursday) watching Season 1 on Blu-Ray, I ordered the first 5 books to read (specially the 1st to compare how things were in book vs. screen). Will have plenty of time to read them as I won't be watching them again till Season 2 is out on Blu-Ray. And yes, I'm a part of the "Imp for King" fan club.

You're in for a treat. The books are fantastic. Long as hell, but I finished all 5 in about 3 1/2 months. You can't stop once you start.
Puddles
Banned
(03-18-2012, 12:30 AM)
The books are long, but they're page turners. I think I read the first two over the course of three days when I was laid up with the flu last year.
Lactose_Intolerant
Member
(03-18-2012, 12:46 AM)
Lactose_Intolerant's Avatar

Originally Posted by Puddles

Series spoilers: but it was just a really badass sidekick for Jon to have in addition to Ghost.

This is the main reason for me. It makes him even more of a badass. Having 2 animals following him around makes him look like a better warg even though he only wargs into ghost.
viciouskillersquirrel
NeoGAF's Emotion Exchequer Extraordinaire
(03-18-2012, 12:59 AM)
viciouskillersquirrel's Avatar
Woo! So damn hyped!
BertramCooper
Member
(03-18-2012, 01:59 AM)
BertramCooper's Avatar

Originally Posted by ColonialRaptor

The correct pronunciation is "Eye-Wree" right? No "E-Ree" like some of them say in the show? It's not eerie now is it... well, i suppose it is, that with it's sky cells and the only Arryn left is a sick little mumma's boy.

In his audio commentary, GRRM pronounces it "eye-ree," and obviously, he trumps all.

There's actually quite a bit of inconsistent pronunciation within the series. One example is "maester." It's mostly pronounced "my-ster," but it's also pronounced "may-ster" upon occasion, including in one of the Complete Guide to Westeros featurettes. (I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be may-ster.)

You'd think they would have double-checked all of this with GRRM before shooting, but it's not like it's a huge deal or anything.
jett
Member
(03-18-2012, 02:10 AM)
jett's Avatar

Originally Posted by Puddles

I love the color composition of this shot.

You realize the colors have all been messed with by some tumblr user, right :P
Fuzzy
I would bang a hot farmer!
(03-18-2012, 02:37 AM)
Fuzzy's Avatar

Originally Posted by BertramCooper

In his audio commentary, GRRM pronounces it "eye-ree," and obviously, he trumps all.

There's actually quite a bit of inconsistent pronunciation within the series. One example is "maester." It's mostly pronounced "my-ster," but it's also pronounced "may-ster" upon occasion, including in one of the Complete Guide to Westeros featurettes. (I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be may-ster.)

You'd think they would have double-checked all of this with GRRM before shooting, but it's not like it's a huge deal or anything.

I don't have a problem with different people pronouncing things differently because that happens in real life. Just look at the regional differences people have within a small area like the Eastern US and Canada with some words/phrases. I do have a problem with the same character pronouncing things differently though.


I've finished watching the entire season on BD and all of the special features except for the commentaries. I've got 2 weeks to finish those and I kinda want to wait so I finish them right before the new season starts.
Puddles
Banned
(03-18-2012, 02:38 AM)

Originally Posted by jett

You realize the colors have all been messed with by some tumblr user, right :P

Whatever. I really love that Arya shot in any case. It was one of my favorite shots in the Seven Devils trailer.
LiQuid!
Member
(03-18-2012, 05:46 AM)
LiQuid!'s Avatar
Just finished re-watching the whole first season on DVD with the commentaries in a single sitting. Don't stop for NOTHIN!

Hype mode elevated from "MAXIMUM to "Thinking about trying to off myself and hoping the whole series has been finished in heaven"
tokkun
Member
(03-18-2012, 06:06 AM)
tokkun's Avatar

Originally Posted by BertramCooper

In his audio commentary, GRRM pronounces it "eye-ree," and obviously, he trumps all.

There's actually quite a bit of inconsistent pronunciation within the series. One example is "maester." It's mostly pronounced "my-ster," but it's also pronounced "may-ster" upon occasion, including in one of the Complete Guide to Westeros featurettes. (I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be may-ster.)

You'd think they would have double-checked all of this with GRRM before shooting, but it's not like it's a huge deal or anything.

At one of the book signings I went to, GRRM went into great detail about how Arya is supposed to be pronounced as a 2-syllable ARR-YA, like a pirate might say it, rather than AR-EE-AH.
Cornballer
foul temptress
(03-18-2012, 06:57 AM)
Cornballer's Avatar
A couple of items via WiC.net:

- The Daily Raven Episode 4

This week we're breaking down the new GAME OF THRONES Season 2 "Seven Devils" trailer, "The More You Love" Trailer and the new character featurettes.



- Trailer for the preview that airs March 25th

Get in the Game! Enter the world of Westeros with this vivid and illuminating special about the epic HBO drama series “Game of Thrones. Highlighted by behind-the-scenes footage, clips and interviews, this feature revisits the events of season 1, introduces new viewers to the many colorful characters and presents an exclusive preview of things to come in season 2.

WiC.net with a few comments here.
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(03-18-2012, 09:40 AM)
duckroll's Avatar
This is the cleanest OP I've seen in a while. Maybe we should just make it stay this way! :D
LOCK
Member
(03-18-2012, 03:32 PM)
LOCK's Avatar
I'm ready for all the twist and turns and deaths!

Yay death ^_^
Sotha Sil
Member
(03-18-2012, 03:41 PM)
Sotha Sil's Avatar
Huzzah!
jett
Member
(03-18-2012, 03:42 PM)
jett's Avatar
two weeks maynes

HYPE
Famassu
(03-18-2012, 04:04 PM)
Famassu's Avatar
new trailer "Price for Our sins"

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/03/an...ow-at-hbo-com/
bengraven
will fuck homely black hookers in the name of progress and tolerance
(03-18-2012, 04:08 PM)
bengraven's Avatar

Originally Posted by Famassu

new trailer "Price for Our sins"

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/03/an...ow-at-hbo-com/

Oh shit, that Theon shot.

COK: Blackwater!

Davos under the walls of Storm's End!
Funky Papa
FUNK-Y-PPA-4
(03-18-2012, 04:13 PM)
Funky Papa's Avatar


wait wat
jett
Member
(03-18-2012, 04:18 PM)
jett's Avatar
Trailer's not loading for me


and man they're really pumping out one trailer after another
Kave_Man
come in my shame circle
(03-18-2012, 04:21 PM)
Kave_Man's Avatar
My body is ready.
Funky Papa
FUNK-Y-PPA-4
(03-18-2012, 04:22 PM)
Funky Papa's Avatar

Originally Posted by jett

Trailer's not loading for me


and man they're really pumping out one trailer after another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8lG_Kn_FTQ

Edit: Oh man, I don't know what's going to happen with Sansa, but things are looking pretty rough for her.
Frost_Ace
Member
(03-18-2012, 04:26 PM)
Frost_Ace's Avatar
Melisandre's body was not ready.

Thread Tools