• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddles

Banned
Just want to give fair warning for the non-book crowd:

DO NOT READ YOUTUBE COMMENTS

There are several trolls who exist only to post massive spoilers in youtube comment sections. Some of the spoilers they post are fake, but others are real. Do not read them. Every trailer posted so far is infected with these: the Shadow teaser, the Seven Devils trailer, all of them. Sometimes these spoilers are also posted on video clips from the first season.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

There are several trolls who exist only to post massive spoilers in youtube comment sections. Some of the spoilers they post are fake, but others are real. Do not read them. Every trailer posted so far is infected with these: the Shadow teaser, the Seven Devils trailer, all of them. Sometimes these spoilers are also posted on video clips from the first season.
That's why I never click through and go to YT but instead just watch them here in this thread with the YouTube Me Again script.

Fuzzy

Robb is 16 and Jon 15.
Just checked and it says they're both 14 at the start of GoT and both 15 at the start of ACoK. In GoT S1 they'd both be 16 because Cat told Ned that he went south to fight for Robert 17 years ago and came back a year later with another woman's son.

LProtag

I'm thinking about making spiced wine or some other kind of 'fancy' Westeros-themed drink to have every Sunday while watching the show.

Any ideas/recipes?

Altazor

this needs to be quoted again.

and be careful with untagged spoilers too.

I learned the hard way, Ned's death was spoiled to me by a GAF member a while ago, a spoiler that was untagged (but hey, I shouldn't have read that spoiler anyway).

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
I think not reading Youtube comments is a good idea in general, and not just to avoid spoilers!

Totally just watched all of Season 1 on blu-ray in one sitting. Why did I never watch this when it aired? I have no clue what's going to happen in S2, and I can't wait.

Are you creating another thread with untagged spoilers like season 1?
There will be a "No Book Spoilers" thread, if that's what you're talking about. I'll try and finish that up sometime next week. Apologies for the delay on all of this - I should have asked a mod about the 20k limit as gunshot and a few others had mentioned.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
There will be a "No Book Spoilers" thread, if that's what you're talking about. I'll try and finish that up sometime next week. Apologies for the delay on all of this - I should have asked a mod about the 20k limit as gunshot and a few others had mentioned.

Thank you based Cornballer.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
this needs to be quoted again.

and be careful with untagged spoilers too.

I learned the hard way,
Ned's death was
spoiled to me by a GAF member a while ago, a spoiler that was untagged (but hey, I shouldn't have read that spoiler anyway).

wtf

3N16MA

Banned

So there will be 2 threads like last year. Looking forward to the completed OP.

bengraven

Damn right. Lemon in anything is heresy.

tumblr_m0wo1gqOCz1qgut2uo1_500.gif

Sansa and her lemon cakes disagree.

Even after warnings I ventured into YouTube land.

HUGE, BIG, TERRIBLE MISTAKE.

Looking forward to season two. I finished the first season on HBO and promptly read the first two book in the series, so this is my first time with book read first. Can't wait!!

rataven

Marathoned through the season 1 blu-ray, which just wasn't enough, so I also watched the HBO Zone marathon this weekend too. Holy hell this show is fantastic. Bring on season 2!

And Kit Harington is dreamy.

Speaking of Osha, GRRM's commentary was interesting because he mentioned that she was completely different in the TV series than how he envisioned her, but he liked her portrayal so much that he's (series)
probably going to start writing the character to be more in line with the TV version of the character.

And since it's been a while since I've read ACoK does anybody remember if (ACoK spoilers)
Stannis has any animosity towards the Starks? I remember him saying at one point that Robert treated Ned as more of a brother than he ever did with Stannis, but I thought that was more of a dig at Robert than anything else. Though his actions, unless explained in some way, could be construed by new viewers as being anti-Stark, since he and Robb both share a common enemy.

I'm just hoping that the show is able to convey Stannis in the same way as in the books (Stubborn adherence to his own code of honor, to a fault) rather than being the dick who thinks he is entitled to everything, and will stop at nothing to further his own power.

(ACOK spoilers)
Yes, Stannis holds animosity toward the Starks and specifically Ned because Robert chose Ned as his brother instead of his own, and that hit the boiling point when he chose Ned for Hand of the King instead of him.

In the prologue chapter of ACOK, the Maester mentions this as the reason that Stannis refuses to treat with Robb Stark.

Nice new "Two Weeks" teaser before Luck tonight, too. The people cutting GoT trailers for HBO have been working overtime recently.

Don't know if there was any new footage in it. There's a shot of
Shae in King's Landing overlooking the city along with a couple others that might be new.

Famassu

And since it's been a while since I've read ACoK does anybody remember if (ACoK spoilers)
Stannis has any animosity towards the Starks? I remember him saying at one point that Robert treated Ned as more of a brother than he ever did with Stannis, but I thought that was more of a dig at Robert than anything else. Though his actions, unless explained in some way, could be construed by new viewers as being anti-Stark, since he and Robb both share a common enemy.

I'm just hoping that the show is able to convey Stannis in the same way as in the books (Stubborn adherence to his own code of honor, to a fault) rather than being the dick who thinks he is entitled to everything, and will stop at nothing to further his own power.
Series spoilers
No, Stannis doesn't really have anything against the Starks, at least not if they swear loyalty to him. If not, THEN he sees them as the enemy, but even then as soon as Robb would stop his "rebellion", he'd probably forgive them, especially since he's in need of powerful allies.

Fuzzy

It wasn't until I listened to the commentary that I realized what bothered me about that scene. Her half was part of the original pilot and was filmed a year before the rest of her parts. I knew she seemed off but I could never put my finger on it.

EktorPR

Nice new "Two Weeks" teaser before Luck tonight, too. The people cutting GoT trailers for HBO have been working overtime recently.

Don't know if there was any new footage in it. There's a shot of
Shae in King's Landing overlooking the city along with a couple others that might be new.

There's a couple new shots in there, but the one you mention where
Shae is seen overlooking King's Landing
was on "The More You Love" trailer released a week ago.

Anyway, someone YouTube'd it already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfaP_Zvrxhg&feature=youtu.be

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It wasn't until I listened to the commentary that I realized what bothered me about that scene. Her half was part of the original pilot and was filmed a year before the rest of her parts. I knew she seemed off but I could never put my finger on it.

That kinda blew my mind too. Did they ever say how much time passed between the two pilots? She looks like she aged a LOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom