• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember any funny GoT fan videos that I can put in the OP? I have "Damn it Feels Good to be A Lannister" and "Tyrion Slaps Joffrey for 10 minutes". Not sure if there's anything else worth including. Lemme know if you have ideas.

Missed that Seven Devils trailer until now.. thanks Cornballer! Been a big fan of Flo's for many years now so I'm glad some new folks are being introduced to her.
No problem. I assumed you had already seen it given how it's directly in your wheelhouse. ;)
Saying a person's name is not the same as say, going into the character's history and going into detail all of the things the character does in the future. The latter is spoilers, the former is a name.
Yup.

The thread title should be like season 1, saying 'NO SPOILERS AND NO BOOKS'

That'll be another thread... and it bothers me that people who have read the source material are forced to bow to the pressure of people who haven't. (And I say this as someone who watches Walking Dead, but has never read the comics.)

Is anyone else ordering 3 months of HBO just for this show?

This is exactly what I just did. :).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Does anyone remember any funny GoT fan videos that I can put in the OP? I have "Damn it Feels Good to be A Lannister" and "Tyrion Slaps Joffrey for 10 minutes". Not sure if there's anything else worth including. Lemme know if you have ideas
It also features the slapping scene but How Joffrey Became a Family Man is one of my favorite "Guile Theme goes with everything" videos. And another vote for the GoT RPG that sharbhund posted, it's a great one.

jett

D-Member
I'm surprised some of the actors are finding the necessary restraint to not read the books. Once I started reading AGOT I couldn't put it down...until I finished ASOS.

Maybe they secretly don't care for the story. :p

pr0cs

Once I started reading AGOT I couldn't put it down...until I finished

QFT, I started reading the books when the show started and finished all 5 in about 3 months. It felt like I was living a double life since the story was so engrossing (and there was so much content to consume).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've actually held myself back from reading past ACoK so far. I didn't want to get too far ahead of the show so it wouldn't affect the way I enjoyed it by knowing too much of what's to come. I can't keep doing that though and know I'll read the next 3 books between season 2 and 3.

That War of the Thrones song is friggin awesome
Hell yeah it is! I sincerely hope they have more ASoIaF songs on their next album. They played A Voice in the Dark (the other one I posted) at the concert I went to and... words cannot describe the joy of moshing with hundreds of other people to a song about your favorite book series by your favorite band. My life may have peaked at that moment

gutshot

Does anyone remember any funny GoT fan videos that I can put in the OP? I have "Damn it Feels Good to be A Lannister" and "Tyrion Slaps Joffrey for 10 minutes". Not sure if there's anything else worth including. Lemme know if you have ideas.

The Tyrion and Bronn buddy comedy trailer is a classic.

It also features the slapping scene but How Joffrey Became a Family Man is one of my favorite "Guile Theme goes with everything" videos. And another vote for the GoT RPG that sharbhund posted, it's a great one.

Seconding this one. I like it way better than the 'Tyrion slaps Joff for 10 minutes' version.

EDIT: Forgot Hitler reacts to Ned's death. A played-out meme, for sure, but still pretty funny.

Wray

No problem. I assumed you had already seen it given how it's directly in your wheelhouse. ;)
Yup.

You gotta include the Larry Freakout Video over Ned.

Meier

Yup.

To a certain extent I've been trying to avoid footage but I give in every so often. I'm woefully behind on Luck and I know they've been playing bits before that which is part of the reason I'd missed it.

Eric C

Is anyone else ordering 3 months of HBO just for this show?

I am!

Dish Network(is every cable/satellite company?) is having a free preview weekend during the weekend when the new season premiers. So I'll probably wait until the next week to order HBO, before the second episode airs.

apana

Needs to be the first thing in the opening post:

tumblr_lnn2itg5DH1qfv91lo1_500.gif

The OP is up.

Thanks to everyone on the thread for their assistance. Buckethead (graphics) & gutshot (lots of content) helped out a ton with getting it together, so thanks to them in particular for their efforts.

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the spoiler rules in the second post. I did my best to keep them concise, but they ended up being longer than I'd like. They represent more or less what we're using right now, so don't anticipate any significant changes in the way the thread runs.

I'll try and get the No Book Spoilers thread up in the next couple of days. It shouldn't take me too long, but I do have to sanitize the OP of any spoiler content and rewrite the spoiler rules for them.

If you see any errors or ommissions in the OP, let me know and I'll fix it up. Constructive criticism is appreciated. Enjoy!

Needs house mottoes. I need a "we do not sow" picture.
http://www.6forty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/640.036_final.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]I threw some house wallpapers in there for you.
[quote="AngryMoth, post: 36174729"]One small niggle, in the schedule section you have episodes 3, 4 and 5 all down as airing April 15th.[/QUOTE]Got it, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom