• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

eravulgaris
(03-18-2012, 02:04 AM)

Originally Posted by RoboPlato

First trailer in years that's given me chills.

Same here, seriously. The last part of the trailer is so fucking intense.
Ether_Snake
安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
(03-18-2012, 02:05 AM)

Originally Posted by MYE

Time to go full out detective-mode on this trailer

It's basically all ancient-astronaut stuff. The second one is this:

Snake

Originally Posted by &Divius

I intended not to watch this originally. I have now seen the trailer already 4 times.

This x2.
strafer
I can't stop watching it.

And as a proud swede I can't wait to see Noomi.
Guerrillas in the Mist

Originally Posted by Gattsu25

British people speak with southern accents?

Clearly never met someone from the West Country.
Dax01
Founding member, Guardians Anonymous
Kinda wish I hadn't watched that. Probably revealed a character death and gave away a lot of the film.
Suairyu
Banned
Whatever happened to all the footage of American Gangster concerning the trial and post-release from jail? I swear I read in an Empire article (yeah, I know) that Scott ultimately had to excise an entire fourth act to the film in order to make it more focused. It has such a rushed ending.
MorisUkunRasik
so many racists
gotta adjust my hat
(03-18-2012, 02:07 AM)

Originally Posted by $hawty

He's British. Pretty sure that's his normal accent. He fakes his American one.

I'm aware. I was speaking of his southern accent. He did an amazing job with his accent on The Wire. The guy is quite talented.
MyEpitomeCliché

Hype slashed.

It being rated R does not mean it will be a better film. This goes for any movie, ever, as well. I just don't understand the logic. In Ridley we trust.
SunhiLegend
Telling our history
One .GIF at a time

Fucking insane
Kellen
Hell Yeah! I'm so psyched for this!
Gala
(03-18-2012, 02:08 AM)
Oh my god! Fucking amazing!!
Spire
Subconscious Brolonging
The original Alien would probably be PG-13 if it weren't for the language. It's not gory at all.
BigJonsson
TERRIFYING
Lafiel
と呼ぶがよい

Hype slashed.

They'll be a R-rated version on blu-ray though IIRC.
ElzarTheBam

Originally Posted by MyEpitomeCliché

It being rated R does not mean it will be a better film. This goes for any movie, ever, as well. I just don't understand the logic. In Ridley we trust.

This.
Black Mamba
(03-18-2012, 02:09 AM)
re-posting here:

2:03 http://i.imgur.com/Bz9HP.jpg

WTF is going on here. Who is doing that?

I feel like someone, perhaps fassbender, becomes the space jokey
a secret-boss
Sonofbitch
that's how u do a trailer
S1kkZ

Originally Posted by Spire

The original Alien would probably be PG-13 if it weren't for the language. It's not gory at all.

chestburster.
laaame

Originally Posted by Napoleonthechimp

I'm going to assume that is the beginning of the xenomorphs or at least their first form that the space jockeys drop on planets.

Hasn't it been confirmed that xenomorphs will not appear in the movie? The trailer does show a lot of Alien-ish stuff though so maybe a face hugger at most.
Dead
well not really...yet
oh my god
Simo
(03-18-2012, 02:10 AM)
We were talking about in the other thread but at 2:03 in the trailer...
...what if it is a chest burster but it's been extracted from Shaw? You cans see the device is holding it in the pod and there's some kind of umbilical cord looking thing going from "it" to her abdomen...

Thoughts?
Scullibundo

You're a fool. Tell me that Schindler's List would have been just as powerful rated PG13. How about Apocalypse Now? A Clockwork Orange?
MYE
Banned

Originally Posted by Spire

?
DerZuhälter
Holy shitballs. Just seen the Teaser Trailer 60 minutes ago and my jaw dropped watching that. No seriously my mouth was open in shock and amazement and turned into a "grin & open jaw look".
And then that cristal clear 1080p trailer was dropped like a bomb on me and just showed me that Cameron can crawl back into a hole.
How does Ridley Scott's CG look so damn amazing without turning into somekind of Final Fantasy CGI cutscene looking videogame, as in Avatar? And whoever is editing these teasers and trailers is a GODTIER trailer creator. Or the source material is just completely over the top good.

I am stunned. Just stunned.
Nappuccino
(03-18-2012, 02:11 AM)

Originally Posted by S1kkZ

chestburster.

could have pretty easily been done and kept a pg-13 rating.

i think the undertones of the movie and language push it into a R more than anything else.
Gattsu25
Formerly Wakune

Originally Posted by Simo

We were talking about in the other thread but at 2:03 in the trailer...
...what if it is a chest burster but it's been extracted from Shaw? You cans see the device is holding it in the pod and there's some kind of umbilical cord looking thing going from "it" to her abdomen...
http://i.imgur.com/ek4wG.jpg

Thoughts?

Added a working image URL for you
Spire
Subconscious Brolonging

Originally Posted by S1kkZ

chestburster.

Is PG-13 material by today's standards. Watch that scene again, there is some blood and that's about it. You don't ever see it actually coming out of his skin, just eventually poking through his shirt, looking around and then running. It's also extremely brief. It's horrifying but it's not particularly gory.
Taco_Human
Looks great. So what is it? A sequel or prequel to Alien?
Rayven
aka surume
great trailer. gonna be a long wait.
Black Mamba

Originally Posted by Black Mamba

re-posting here:

2:03 http://i.imgur.com/Bz9HP.jpg

WTF is going on here. Who is doing that?

I feel like someone, perhaps fassbender, becomes the space jokey

Bigger version: http://i.imgur.com/6koIo.jpg

I swear that a human. But like an "infected" form or something
Dead
well not really...yet
Im guessing Giorgio Tsoukalos will cream his pants when he sees this movie
S1kkZ
(03-18-2012, 02:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Nappuccino

could have pretty easily been done and kept a pg-13 rating.

nope. they would have to tone it down so much, that it would lose all impact.
$hawty
Banned
(03-18-2012, 02:12 AM)

Yes it does. The more bloody, the more thrilling. Blood everywhere doesn't inherently make it better...but the suspense of someone getting gruesomely killed adds value. Easily logical.
BertramCooper
(03-18-2012, 02:13 AM)
I just started watching the live Q&A with Scott and Lindelof.

http://www.livestream.com/prometheus

Not sure how much longer it's lasting.

EDIT: Oh, it's just a replay.
strafer
(03-18-2012, 02:13 AM)

Would.
MyEpitomeCliché
(03-18-2012, 02:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Scullibundo

You're a fool. Tell me that Schindler's List would have been just as powerful rated PG13. How about Apocalypse Now? A Clockwork Orange?

Yes, they wouldn't exist as we know them. It all depends on how the director wants to convey his vision. When excessive violence is used effectively and with purpose, it should be implemented as need be, and if it further progresses narrative scope and character development, all the better. When it's just there because, whoa, shock value, it's meaningless and trivial. This film will be fine at PG-13. I know it, and you know it, Sculli.
Napoleonthechimp
(03-18-2012, 02:16 AM)

Originally Posted by laaame

Hasn't it been confirmed that xenomorphs will not appear in the movie? The trailer does show a lot of Alien-ish stuff though so maybe a face hugger at most.

I didn't say they would be appearing, just that is one of (perhaps THE) method the space jockeys use to eradicate life on planets. Maybe what he's looking at is the initial stage and we won't see anything beyond the threat of it being unleashed on earth.
a secret-boss
(03-18-2012, 02:17 AM)
John Carter needs to take note on how to do a trailer
StudioTan
Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Looks incredible. It's going to kick ass in 3D.
strafer
Wait, that is not Tom Hardy..the fuck? :(

Lost twin brother? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1334869/
shira

Originally Posted by laaame

I'd be more concerned with what the android is doing.
Man
(03-18-2012, 02:18 AM)

Scullibundo
(03-18-2012, 02:19 AM)

Yes, they wouldn't exist as we know them. It all depends on how the director wants to convey his vision. When excessive violence is used effectively and with purpose, it should be implemented as need be, and if it further progresses narrative scope and character development, all the better. When it's just there because, whoa, shock value, it's meaningless and trivial. This film will be fine at PG-13. I know it, and you know it, Sculli.

No, I don't know it. PG13 means that a director's vision is being compromised if the rating is being catered towards. Scott's initial comments about making this a hard R, nasty affair directly tells us that his original vision has been at least somewhat compromised. It means pulling your punches and making specific cuts, shooting specific angles and approaching scenes differently not because they are better options, but because they are the options available if you want to get it in at a PG13 rating.
Snaku
Sperm Receptacle

Originally Posted by MYE

hmm

Oh my fuck.
$hawty
Banned

Originally Posted by DerZuhälter

Holy shitballs. Just seen the Teaser Trailer 60 minutes ago and my jaw dropped watching that. No seriously my mouth was open in shock and amazement and turned into a "grin & open jaw look".
And then that cristal clear 1080p trailer was dropped like a bomb on me and just showed me that Cameron can crawl back into a hole.
How does Ridley Scott's CG look so damn amazing without turning into somekind of Final Fantasy CGI cutscene looking videogame, as in Avatar? And whoever is editing these teasers and trailers is a GODTIER trailer creator. Or the source material is just completely over the top good.

I am stunned. Just stunned.

Calm down. Avatar was a visual masterpiece on the big screen. This takes nothing away from it.
Incendiary
(03-18-2012, 02:20 AM)
This looks amazing. Will see it in theaters for sure.
symphonask
(03-18-2012, 02:20 AM)
Prometheus trailer:

Alien concept art by Giger:
jett
(03-18-2012, 02:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Scullibundo

No, I don't know it. PG13 means that a director's vision is being compromised if the rating is being catered towards. Scott's initial comments about making this a hard R, nasty affair directly tells us that his original vision has been at least somewhat compromised. It means pulling your punches and making specific cuts, shooting specific angles and approaching scenes differently not because they are better options, but because they are the options available if you want to get it in at a PG13 rating.

It's all Espielbergo's fault, if it wasn't for him PG-13 wouldn't exist!
Anteater
(03-18-2012, 02:23 AM)

OMGawd is that a squid above her face!?
Last edited by Anteater; 03-18-2012 at 02:48 AM.