• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

ReturnOfTheRAT
(03-18-2012, 01:51 AM)
Ok, I'm going to watch this for a second time.
Simo
(03-18-2012, 01:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Anteater

Made it slower!

I still say it's been extracted, like a C-Section of some kind. At 2:09 it looks like the scene is after the fact and when she's leaning on the wall you can just make out the staples on her abdomen.

I think the leaked trailer from Comic Con had a scene with her having a huge stomach like a "birthing" scene.
JB1981
I am full of shit.
Rich, smooth, creamy shit.
(03-18-2012, 01:52 AM)
oh god that gif seems so spoilery. pretty sure rapaci dies a horrible death. i hope they have saved some surprises!!
strafer
(03-18-2012, 01:52 AM)
The resemblance is pretty crazy.

Nobility
(03-18-2012, 01:53 AM)
That trailer...damn.
Norante
Need 1080p Quicktime version to analyze every frame.
kharma45
I need to stop watching that trailer.
sk3
(03-18-2012, 01:54 AM)
We've been missing so much the past 30 years. Scott needs to just make Sci-fi movies or have a couple of proteges like other directors/producers sometimes do. He is a master of this genre.
Pctx
Banned
(03-18-2012, 01:54 AM)
this pleases me.
Stet
(03-18-2012, 01:55 AM)
Not watching. I'm on media blackout until this comes out.
Zeliard
~~~ zellie-chan ~~~
(03-18-2012, 01:56 AM)

Originally Posted by desu

Half something (alien?) with still human hands?

That guy - who is also the guy hanging out near the Jockey chair - is likely Mr. Space Jockey without his elephant mask.
shadyspace
Banned
(03-18-2012, 01:57 AM)
Eh. The more I think about this the more I don't like the idea of it. I don't like that they're scientists seeking out whatever it is they're seeking out, in contrast to Alien in which they're just blue collar schmoes will end up getting royally fucked. I don't like that the characters are educated individuals and that the theme of the movie will seemingly be, "Man's quest for knowledge will be his downfall." That's some end of BSG-level shit right there.
JB1981
I am full of shit.
(03-18-2012, 01:57 AM)
Looks like this will certainly ruin the mystery of Alien lol
Paches
(03-18-2012, 01:58 AM)
Ticket pre-ordered.
Replicant
There's a duck in the room
There's a duck i-OWWWW

Originally Posted by Gattsu25

What the hell is that thing hanging above her?

Definitely looks like a squid.

It's the Reapers!!! Noooo, don't let them infect this film too.
S1kkZ

Originally Posted by Zeliard

That guy - who is also the guy hanging out near the Jockey chair - is likely Mr. Space Jockey without his elephant mask.

i think its crew member that was transformed by the "virus" and he slips into the jockey suit.
a secret-boss
(03-18-2012, 01:59 AM)
Just watched it again on the new iPad

Hhhnnngg
Sickboy007
(03-18-2012, 01:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Strafer

The resemblance is pretty crazy.

http://i.imgur.com/7Xu9z.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Eb2PS.jpg

And Sean Harris weirdly reminded me of Christian Bale.
Zeliard
~~~ zellie-chan ~~~
(03-18-2012, 02:00 AM)

Originally Posted by shadyspace

Eh. The more I think about this the more I don't like the idea of it. I don't like that they're scientists seeking out whatever it is they're seeking out.

lol

Originally Posted by S1kkZ

i think its crew member that was transformed by the "virus" and he slips into the jockey suit.

What virus
JB1981
I am full of shit.
(03-18-2012, 02:00 AM)
i really hope there aren't people in here with "theories" that are actual story spoilers, pretending to be predicting things about the plot.
ReturnOfTheRAT
(03-18-2012, 02:02 AM)
Q&A with Michael and Charlize
S1kkZ
(03-18-2012, 02:02 AM)

lol

What virus

noomis character says that they are changing, charlize replies "changing into what?". at the beginning of the trailer, you see a human and veins and other weird shit are forming on his body (i think he is the jockey). i dont know if it is a virus or something else.
Gattsu25
Formerly Wakune
(03-18-2012, 02:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Anteater

Made it slower!

[IMG]http://h12.abload.de/img/shslowrbud0.gif[IMG]

Quoting this again..sorry.

I think this is either one of two things:

A false scare and reference to the old Alien films. The thing is literally a squid that is suspended over the sleeping person. The person in the sleep chamber wakes up to find a tentacle swiping at their face in a way that is clearly evocative of the facehugger's in the original alien. Person fully wakes up, starts freaking out, ink prays everywhere and everyone has a good laugh.

OR

Either an actual creature attacking or a stand-in for a CG creature that will be in the full movie. The black inky substance is a MPAA color swap for blood in the scene
a Master Ninja
for whom the Bell trolls
I will be crushed if this movie somehow sucks.
SmithnCo

Originally Posted by JB1981

Looks like this will certainly ruin the mystery of Alien lol

Would be hard to top the sequels in that department.

Anyway that trailer was pretty amazing.
S1kkZ
(03-18-2012, 02:04 AM)

Originally Posted by a Master Ninja

I will be crushed if this movie somehow sucks.

me too. i will drive 8 hours to see this (because some stupid fuck at fox germany thought it was a great idea to delay the film into late august)...
Zeliard
~~~ zellie-chan ~~~
(03-18-2012, 02:04 AM)

i really hope there aren't people in here with "theories" that are actual story spoilers, pretending to be predicting things about the plot.

If you're referring to me, what I said has just been conjecture for a long time now. I've stayed away from anything resembling a script leak. The dude is standing next to a Jockey chair and seems to fit it, so it sort of begs the question.

noomis character says that they are changing, charlize replies "changing into what?". at the beginning of the trailer, you see a human and veins and other weird shit are forming on his body (i think he is the jockey). i dont know if it is a virus or something else.

True, strange stuff.
JB1981
I am full of shit.
(03-18-2012, 02:05 AM)

If you're referring to me, what I said has just been conjecture for a long time now. I've stayed away from anything resembling a script leak. The dude is standing next to a Jockey chair and seems to fit it, so it sort of begs the question.

True, strange stuff.

wasn't referring to you specifically but maybe i should depart thread since it seems like the pieces to the puzzle will likely be solved way ahead of time
Clockwork
(03-18-2012, 02:05 AM)

What I would like to know is how does this single little ship pose such a threat to Earth that the crew takes the ship out, suicide bomber style? Just what did they find?

Well, my thought would be when you are a ship carrying numerous containers of alien/xenomorph eggs (or something similar - that's what I think that room with the big head contained) and you plan on delivering them/dropping them onto planet earth it is a pretty big threat...no?
Last edited by Clockwork; 03-18-2012 at 02:09 AM.
VistraNorrez
(03-18-2012, 02:07 AM)

Eh. The more I think about this the more I don't like the idea of it. I don't like that they're scientists seeking out whatever it is they're seeking out, in contrast to Alien in which they're just blue collar schmoes will end up getting royally fucked. I don't like that the characters are educated individuals and that the theme of the movie will seemingly be, "Man's quest for knowledge will be his downfall." That's some end of BSG-level shit right there.

This is exactly why I like it. It isn't merely a remake of Alien. I own that movie.
outsida
(03-18-2012, 02:08 AM)
I likes it and I wants it.
neojubei
Will drop pants for Sony.
wow
Fur_Q

Originally Posted by Stet

Not watching. I'm on media blackout until this comes out.

I recommend that you don't watch it, I prefered the leaked teaser of this trailer, this trailer shows way too much IMO and I wish I could go back.
Replicant
There's a duck in the room
There's a duck i-OWWWW
(03-18-2012, 02:11 AM)
Aeris130
(03-18-2012, 02:11 AM)
Trailer seemed a bit cookie cutter, dialogue too.

"Not a map, an invitation."

"From who?"

*dramatic stare*

jeez...
strafer
(03-18-2012, 02:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Replicant

What.....the......fuck
Gattsu25
Formerly Wakune
(03-18-2012, 02:12 AM)

Oooooooooooooooo!!!
SmithnCo
(03-18-2012, 02:13 AM)

lol... Curse you, eye horror.

Also I like the line of quotes this has now
VistraNorrez
(03-18-2012, 02:14 AM)
This is going to be a movie that makes your skin crawl isn't it?
Zeliard
~~~ zellie-chan ~~~
(03-18-2012, 02:14 AM)
Damn right it is. Creepy imagery galore, and no, that doesn't necessitate an R. The MPAA is funny that way.
Andiie
(03-18-2012, 02:15 AM)
Tbh I'm slightly underwhelmed by the trailer. I was kind of hoping for something a little different than the feel and mood they seem to be going. The dialogue seems so stupid too.
JB1981
I am full of shit.

Originally Posted by Aeris130

Trailer seemed a bit cookie cutter, dialogue too.

"Not a map, an invitation."

"From who?"

*dramatic stare*

jeez...

yea have a feeling the first half of the movie will be really pedestrian and then things get really good in second half when shit hits the fan.
DemonNite

Originally Posted by Gattsu25

Quoting this again..sorry.

I think this is either one of two things:

A false scare and reference to the old Alien films. The thing is literally a squid that is suspended over the sleeping person. The person in the sleep chamber wakes up to find a tentacle swiping at their face in a way that is clearly evocative of the facehugger's in the original alien. Person fully wakes up, starts freaking out, ink prays everywhere and everyone has a good laugh.

OR

Either an actual creature attacking or a stand-in for a CG creature that will be in the full movie. The black inky substance is a MPAA color swap for blood in the scene

from the teaser earlier today

so it's definitely something that happens outside
MyEpitomeCliché

Originally Posted by VistraNorrez

This is going to be a movie that makes your skin crawl isn't it?

I haven't really felt such a sensation since the remake of The Fly. So, hopefully?
distantmantra
(03-18-2012, 02:17 AM)
Anyone else read the description at the YouTube link?

In the distant future, two superpowers control Earth and fight each other for all the solar system's natural resources. When one side dispatches a team to a distant planet to terraform it for human colonization, the team discovers an indigenous race of bio-mechanoid killers.

Ridley Scott, director of 'Alien' and 'Blade Runner,' returns to the genre he helped define. With PROMETHEUS, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

First part is new to me.
Vulcano's assistant
(03-18-2012, 02:21 AM)
As awesome as that was, I cant help but feel that I shouldn't have watched it. I feel spoiled.
hteng
Banned
(03-18-2012, 02:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Ether_Snake

Looks awesome.

Really think the plot is as the title implies:

Aliens left "beacons" throughout the galaxy, so that if humans stumbled on them, it would send something to Earth to attack humans and bring them back to a primitive state, and this would happen again and again forever. Basically, some sort of weapon that prevents intelligent species from becoming too advanced, without having to keep tabs on them 24/7. This fits with the Prometheus myth, who gave the forbidden fire to mankind and was punished by being tied to a mountain where a bird (logo seen in the trailer, and original alien concept had wings) would forever eat his self-regenerating liver (symbolizing life forms constantly being reduced back to primitive forms when they "heal").

i think that's pretty much what's the story about, and the last scene with the alien ship dropping probably implies that the prometheus crew prevented that from happening
Anteater
(03-18-2012, 02:22 AM)

hmm maybe it was the way the trailer was cut, I thought they were talking about the place they're in is an actual life form, and the place was moving and changing.
shadyspace
Banned

Originally Posted by Ether_Snake

Looks awesome.

Really think the plot is as the title implies:

Aliens left "beacons" throughout the galaxy, so that if humans stumbled on them, it would send something to Earth to attack humans and bring them back to a primitive state, and this would happen again and again forever. Basically, some sort of weapon that prevents intelligent species from becoming too advanced, without having to keep tabs on them 24/7. This fits with the Prometheus myth, who gave the forbidden fire to mankind and was punished by being tied to a mountain where a bird (logo seen in the trailer, and original alien concept had wings) would forever eat his self-regenerating liver (symbolizing life forms constantly being reduced back to primitive forms when they "heal").

No thanks. I've just played this game.
Zeliard
~~~ zellie-chan ~~~

No thanks. I've just played this game.

lol, thought the exact same thing