• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Alligatorjandro
(05-03-2012, 05:34 AM)
Alligatorjandro's Avatar

Originally Posted by AngmarsKing701

Ben and the Lady will share time in a hot corner of the devil's playground.

So will all the parents who buy their kids Ben's jersey
Talon
Member
(05-03-2012, 05:36 AM)
Talon's Avatar

Originally Posted by WanderingWind

When has Smitty been wrong? He said Dante Hall was overrated, was the first to speak less than glowingly about Jake and punched a couple of no talent assclowns in the face. He's my favorite non-Bill playing, easily

I've grown tired of his constant posing over the years.

Although, I have to say I was strangely in his camp when DeAngelo Hall had his meltdown. 2 personal fouls on third down plays!
AngmarsKing701
Member
(05-03-2012, 05:40 AM)
AngmarsKing701's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alligatorjandro

So will all the parents who buy their kids Ben's jersey

What happens if your son was smart enough to say "Dad, I don't want Ben's jersey any more" after all this shit happened?
Alligatorjandro
(05-03-2012, 05:43 AM)
Alligatorjandro's Avatar

Originally Posted by AngmarsKing701

What happens if your son was smart enough to say "Dad, I don't want Ben's jersey any more" after all this shit happened?

He deserves a beer.
wienke
Member
(05-03-2012, 05:44 AM)
wienke's Avatar

Originally Posted by Elfforkusu

Which member of Packers-GAF said we should cut this guy? On the contrary, we owe him a raise and a firm handshake!

Okay so instead of cutting him right away it should go something like this:

TT: Hargrove! Good job knocking Favre out! We baked you a cake!

Hargrove: ^_^ I love cake! You guys are the best! So when does practice start?

TT: Practice? LOL. Son you're off the team. We're not dirty like that. Take your cake and GTFO

Hargrove: :(
I H8 Memes
Member
(05-03-2012, 05:45 AM)
I H8 Memes's Avatar
Never did get injured except for a severe knee sprain that took almost 4 weeks for me to be able to jog on. These last few years I don't have any normal jogging or running knee pain, but I cant crouch for very long or it starts killing me. And there something moving around and popping on the outside of my knee every time I raise or lower my leg.


But I did break a guys arm and did something to some guys chest area. I don't know what but that's what he left the game holding. Also hit a guy on special teams and spun his helmet around so he was looking out of his earhole and had to stumble to the sidelines to have someone help him get it off : D We rewound it and rewatched it in the Monday meeting for like 10 minutes.
Elfforkusu
Member
(05-03-2012, 05:49 AM)
Elfforkusu's Avatar

Originally Posted by wienke

Okay so instead of cutting him right away it should go something like this:

TT: Hargrove! Good job knocking Favre out! We baked you a cake!

Hargrove: ^_^ I love cake! You guys are the best! So when does practice start?

TT: Practice? LOL. Son you're off the team. We're not dirty like that. Take your cake and GTFO

Hargrove: :(

I think it's pretty clear Ted signed him to run the Packers bounty program. Money for sacks.

If any year is any indication, the pot will be unclaimed.
Jonm1010
Banned
(05-03-2012, 05:51 AM)
Jonm1010's Avatar

Originally Posted by Big-E

But the Saints are the only ones that kept it going after the NFL found out about it so they get no sympathy at all.

Nor do the patriots.

You just want to create this artificial line that justifies your teams actions and makes you feel free to criticize my teams.

Its not like Belicheat was completely unfucking aware what he was doing was wrong. He knew good and god damn well. The fact he even committed the action is what is condemnable. If you would just stop for one second and actually admit your team A.) cheated and B.) are rightfully chastised for their actions - I think id quit giving you such shit for continually trying to deflect legitimate criticism about your own team.

Listen, my team fucked up, did some deplorable things. Are being deservedly punished. I dont know what else to say. I think that the Patriots got off easy and people like Suh deserve much harder penalties then they get given how much the saints players got. Its a relative assessment, no matter the length of the argument nothing is going to change our opinions about whether the punishments properly fit the crimes in comparison to past offenses or whether one teams offenses were worse than the other teams.
Last edited by Jonm1010; 05-03-2012 at 06:06 AM.
goldlion054
Member
(05-03-2012, 05:52 AM)
goldlion054's Avatar

Originally Posted by Talon-

Michiganders and Sconis need love, too.

wat
squicken
our defensive line is somewhat competent!
(05-03-2012, 06:06 AM)
squicken's Avatar
Going to be a boring sports summer. They need to bring back the World League. I'm not watching the Astros suck donkey cock for another year.

OT but saw Wonder Boys for the first time in forever. Still great
Talon
Member
(05-03-2012, 06:08 AM)
Talon's Avatar
The Olympics.
cuevas, PhD.
Member
(05-03-2012, 06:08 AM)
cuevas, PhD.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by squicken

Going to be a boring sports summer. They need to bring back the World League. I'm not watching the Astros suck donkey cock for another year.

OT but saw Wonder Boys for the first time in forever. Still great

We've been over this, OLYMPICS BRO

- motherfucker
snesfreak
Banned
(05-03-2012, 06:09 AM)
snesfreak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Talon-

The Olympics.

Originally Posted by cuevas, PhD.

We've been over this, OLYMPICS BRO

- motherfucker

lol
Junie12
Member
(05-03-2012, 06:11 AM)
Junie12's Avatar
Does anybody know when the Olympics start? I don't want to miss the opening ceremony like I did last year :(
Fox318
HE HATE ME

World's #1 Los Angeles XTREME fan.
(05-03-2012, 06:12 AM)
Fox318's Avatar

Originally Posted by squicken

Going to be a boring sports summer. They need to bring back the World League. I'm not watching the Astros suck donkey cock for another year.

OT but saw Wonder Boys for the first time in forever. Still great

Just lifelong and become a Cardinals fan.
jakncoke
Banned
(05-03-2012, 06:12 AM)
jakncoke's Avatar
wow @Seau news
Talon
Member
(05-03-2012, 06:12 AM)
Talon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Junie12

Does anybody know when the Olympics start? I don't want to miss the opening ceremony like I did last year :(

Opening ceremonies are July 27th.
Junie12
Member
(05-03-2012, 06:13 AM)
Junie12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Talon-

Opening ceremonies are July 27th.

Wow still so far away.

Oh well at least I got something to watch in the summer now.
Kastrioti
Persecution Complex
(05-03-2012, 06:14 AM)
Kastrioti's Avatar

Originally Posted by Talon-

Good defensive linemen get held. Every one of us has suffered seeing Clay Matthews, Justin Tuck, JPP, Justin Smith, etc. get held and harangued in the trenches.

Bitch at the officials and move on.

Of course it happens to every defensive player. The difference is there is an obvious and rule-based bias against defensive player and 'hitting to hard" or " helmet to helmet" contact, which I tried to do every single play.

Originally Posted by BannedEpisode

I still dont know why I chose to play football in highschool.

I'm glad I did though, made a lot of friends and it got me into good shape that has managed to residually last through college.

Originally Posted by Big-E

I played a few years on the Oline and never had an injury outside of a bruised tailbone while I was playing on some defensive snaps. I got more hurt in baseball with a hard comebacker off my head and jammed wrists while diving on balls and to bags.

Originally Posted by MechDX

Cracked my L4 vertebrae when a 300lb OL fell on top of me in a dogpile. Played 3 more games with excruciating pain before being put in a brace for 9 weeks. Played some college ball afterwards.

Would do it ALL over again.

Originally Posted by goldlion054

-Popped my lower spine out of alignment (still have minor lower back problems)
-Broken hand and thumb
-Concussion

But agreed, oh well. I wouldn't trade my 10+ years of football for anything. Probably the fondest times of my life, and we were fucking terrible in High School

Agree with everyone here and love all hard work they put in, but what's so troubling is I'm actually hearing people in real life and GAF asking for a straight up ban on football.

The league has already been nurtured to a certain extent. If it goes anymore let's take off the pads and call it flag football.
Big-E
Member
(05-03-2012, 06:18 AM)
Big-E's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kastrioti

Agree with everyone here and love all hard work they put in, but what's so troubling is I'm actually hearing people in real life and GAF asking for a straight up ban on football.

The league has already been nurtured to a certain extent. If it goes anymore let's take off the pads and call it flag football.

I don't think one should ban football but they need to do things to help especially at the youth level. Something like maybe only having pads in highschool, peewee is touch or flag. Develop the mechanics and skills first.
mcgruber
Member
(05-03-2012, 06:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Junie12

Does anybody know when the Olympics start? I don't want to miss the opening ceremony like I did last year :(

depends what you want to watch.

http://www.london2012.com/schedule-and-results/

apparently mens field hockey is an olympic sport.

hoping to watch some handball this year(if its broadcasted), although the chances of that are extremely slim
AngmarsKing701
Member
(05-03-2012, 06:21 AM)
AngmarsKing701's Avatar
So PC gamers, what should I be playing on my new laptop? I have Diablo III pre-ordered. I will probably fire up Starcraft II at some point, and maybe Civ V.

I was thinking of going back and playing something like Heroes of Might & Magic III/IV or maybe Age of Wonders II. But that might be nostalgia making me think those are worth my time.

I keep hearing this Dota 2 thing, but I guess it's not out yet.
Kastrioti
Persecution Complex
(05-03-2012, 06:24 AM)
Kastrioti's Avatar

Originally Posted by Big-E

I don't think one should ban football but they need to do things to help especially at the youth level. Something like maybe only having pads in highschool, peewee is touch or flag. Develop the mechanics and skills first.

You can't develop that killer instinct that Junior Seau, Ray Lewis, Ndamukong Suh, Ed Reed, Reggie White, Troy Polamalu etc. etc. etc. through flag football.

You're literally playing a different sport.
Big-E
Member
(05-03-2012, 06:26 AM)
Big-E's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kastrioti

You can't develop that killer instinct that Junior Seau, Ray Lewis, Ndamukong Suh, Ed Reed, Reggie White, Troy Polamalu etc. etc. etc. through flag football.

You're literally playing a different sport.

That instensity of theirs developed in high school, which I think should still be tackle. 10-12 year olds and younger don't need pads or tackling.
Fox318
HE HATE ME

World's #1 Los Angeles XTREME fan.
(05-03-2012, 06:27 AM)
Fox318's Avatar

Originally Posted by AngmarsKing701

So PC gamers, what should I be playing on my new laptop? I have Diablo III pre-ordered. I will probably fire up Starcraft II at some point, and maybe Civ V.

I was thinking of going back and playing something like Heroes of Might & Magic III/IV or maybe Age of Wonders II. But that might be nostalgia making me think those are worth my time.

I keep hearing this Dota 2 thing, but I guess it's not out yet.

What type of laptop do you have?
Draxal
Member
(05-03-2012, 06:57 AM)
Draxal's Avatar

Originally Posted by AngmarsKing701

So PC gamers, what should I be playing on my new laptop? I have Diablo III pre-ordered. I will probably fire up Starcraft II at some point, and maybe Civ V.

I was thinking of going back and playing something like Heroes of Might & Magic III/IV or maybe Age of Wonders II. But that might be nostalgia making me think those are worth my time.

I keep hearing this Dota 2 thing, but I guess it's not out yet.

Dota 2's MOBA, so unless you're a fan of the genre (League of Legends is the second most well known) be prepared to get bitched at by the worst community in games. Mount and Blade Warband is pretty fun and not too demanding on the pc (plus its pretty cheap). Since you're mentioned some older strategy games, you might want to look up the Paradox thread on gaming (Eastern Euro publishes that has some pretty hardcore historical strategy games), if you're more in for space strategy, I would try out Galactic Civilizations.
Last edited by Draxal; 05-03-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Buckethead
Banned
(05-03-2012, 07:00 AM)
Buckethead's Avatar
To say that The Matrix reloaded is a shitty movie is a disservice to shitty movies
BannedEpisode
Member
(05-03-2012, 07:28 AM)
BannedEpisode's Avatar
I kinda hate Dota 2.

Nobody wants to help anyone learn and they instantly jump to insults and berating new players. The first game I ever played I got bitched at instantly for my character I played before anything even happened. I know there needs to be balance between types, I read up a bit before hand.


I tried to learn with guides and bot matches but ended up saying fuck it. It didnt have enough draw to get me to stick with it through the learning curve. Especially if I end up having to play with the worst community I've ever seen in a game.

Edit: I need to go finish start a paper on a book that I have barely skimmed. Fuck finals.
Bolt Vanderhuge
Member
(05-03-2012, 07:41 AM)
Bolt Vanderhuge's Avatar
Maybe if you spent less time scouring the internet for Jared Allen erotica the paper would be done by now.
ConradCervantes
Banned
(05-03-2012, 07:47 AM)
ConradCervantes's Avatar
Only thing I'm watching the Olympics for is the closing ceremonies.

Blur, yo!
lazybones18
Banned
(05-03-2012, 07:49 AM)
lazybones18's Avatar
http://nyc.barstoolsports.com/random...w-to-the-prom/

Probably a better QB than the real one
chuckddd
Fear of a GAF Planet
(05-03-2012, 08:14 AM)
chuckddd's Avatar

Originally Posted by Buckethead

To say that The Matrix reloaded is a shitty movie is a disservice to shitty movies

At least that movie has the freeway scene. Wait until you watch Revolutions.
Milchjon
Member
(05-03-2012, 08:22 AM)
Milchjon's Avatar
Meh, I had 2-3 concussions without ever really playing any sport. FML.

My memory is really bad and I have episodes of depression, but there's a family history of both and therefore not easy to isolate the causes.
snesfreak
Banned
(05-03-2012, 08:33 AM)
snesfreak's Avatar
So, now I'm adding a quest to the beginning of the game.
Bucket has to go north to an old tower full of Pats fans.
Milchjon
Member
(05-03-2012, 08:46 AM)
Milchjon's Avatar

Originally Posted by snesfreak

So, now I'm adding a quest to the beginning of the game.
Bucket has to go north to an old tower full of Pats fans.

We'll welcome him, wine&dine him just like we'd take care of any other fellow friend of the most beautiful game. We family.
snesfreak
Banned
(05-03-2012, 08:49 AM)
snesfreak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Milchjon

We'll welcome him, wine&dine him just like we'd take care of any other fellow friend of the most beautiful game. We family.

He's going there to wipe them out, Anakin Skywalker style.
Milchjon
Member
(05-03-2012, 08:54 AM)
Milchjon's Avatar

Originally Posted by snesfreak

He's going there to wipe them out, Anakin Skywalker style.

You sure you wanna stay a Bucs fan? Beause they showed a lot of class today, which really doesn't seem to fit your style.
snesfreak
Banned
(05-03-2012, 08:56 AM)
snesfreak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Milchjon

You sure you wanna stay a Bucs fan? Beause they showed a lot of class today, which really doesn't seem to fit your style.

Maybe I'll change it.
I'm making this up as I go.
edit: OK fine, now he's just going to investigate it.
Happy?
Last edited by snesfreak; 05-03-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Sokantish
Member
(05-03-2012, 09:04 AM)
Sokantish's Avatar
You shouldn't give in to terrorist demands.
snesfreak
Banned
(05-03-2012, 09:09 AM)
snesfreak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sokantish

You shouldn't give in to terrorist demands.

:jnc
We'll see what I actually have happen, I don't actually have a "Pats Fan" enemy yet.
I'll probably just have nothing but Pat Patriots.
And have someone from Pats GAF show up or something.
Sokantish
Member
(05-03-2012, 09:13 AM)
Sokantish's Avatar
Look all Pats fans are evil, if you want to wipe them out you should follow your heart.
squicken
our defensive line is somewhat competent!
(05-03-2012, 09:15 AM)
squicken's Avatar
Ugh the Olympics suck. At least the Summer Olympics. It's basically a contest between labs more than athletes. Who is furthest ahead of the testing agencies.

Obviously you can say that about any sport, but the Olympics are primarily individual endeavors. So there are no tactics or strategy or teamwork involved with the juiced up roid heads. It's just a science fair where we get to watch the chemical reactions
snesfreak
Banned
(05-03-2012, 09:18 AM)
snesfreak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sokantish

Look all Pats fans are evil, if you want to wipe them out you should follow your heart.

There will be some who are rebelling against Lord Belichick.
They will help in the fight.
Dutch Gronk
Member
(05-03-2012, 09:24 AM)
Dutch Gronk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Talon-

I can confirm that Roman Harper is a dirty piece of shit.

It hurts the Saints more to have him on the field and try to cover people. The NFL would do them a favor if they suspended him.

Originally Posted by snesfreak

There will be some who are rebelling against Lord Belichick.
They will help in the fight.

Me and Bionic will never rebel against our Great Leader.
Last edited by Dutch Gronk; 05-03-2012 at 09:30 AM.
snesfreak
Banned
(05-03-2012, 10:36 AM)
snesfreak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dutch Patriot

Me and Bionic will never rebel against our Great Leader.

Of course YOU won't.
BannedEpisode
Member
(05-03-2012, 10:42 AM)
BannedEpisode's Avatar
Finished it.

Sleep now.
chuckddd
Fear of a GAF Planet
(05-03-2012, 06:46 PM)
chuckddd's Avatar
Back!
Striker
got struck
(05-03-2012, 06:48 PM)
Striker's Avatar

Wow. RT @gunitradio Vinny Cerrato reports Terrell Suggs has torn Achilles, likely out for 2012 #Ravens season. 1st reported on @1057TheFan

In case some hadn't read earlier during GAF downtime.
Futurevoid
stealth sex brag incoming
(05-03-2012, 06:48 PM)
Futurevoid's Avatar
Suppose I'll post the big news of the day. Terrell Suggs likely out for 2012 with a torn achilles:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

EDIT: Missed it by *that* much.
snesfreak
Banned
(05-03-2012, 06:48 PM)
snesfreak's Avatar
God damn!
Finally back.

Thread Tools