• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

kolb isn't a good qb, that's all there is to it. it has nothing to do with the system. he was in the eagles system sitting for 2 or 3 years before he played and he sucked. he sucks in arizona and he can't stay healthy.

you can drink yankeehaters kolb kool aid but the bottom line is this: skelton is the better qb and that's pretty sad for arizona since skelton isn't very good

He hasn't played enough games to say he sucks, it's really ridiculous how much hate he gets on here. I understand he has had more time in the league than a rookie being on the bench, but it's no substitute for playing time. It's still an important factor and that's why I don't say anything along the lines of give him a few more seasons. I think a proper off season and the little bit of experience and learning he had last year should be enough to judge him this season. The cost for him alone demands a proper season before he's sentenced to garbage status.

No kool-aid here, just don't think it's fair to judge yet. I give him maybe 60% chance to succeed at most...IF he stays healthy. At least I have confidence in Skelton panning out ultimately so I won't be devastated if Kolb sucks. The second pick is over and I can quit dwelling on it now. Skelton will be good, much better than Alexis. Not necessarily this year, but it will happen within these next few seasons. Can't assess how soon because he's not the starter yet.

Fuck it, start Lindley already. Truth is if we are throwing 60-70% of the game we will most likely lose, gotta have Beanie and RWill doing work for us to have a good season.

Let us pray that Williams stays healthy, I was really excited about that kid going into the pre-season last year and I hope that he at least gets close to where he was before the injury.

He hasn't played enough games to say he sucks, it's really ridiculous how much hate he gets on here. I understand he has had more time in the league than a rookie being on the bench, but it's no substitute for playing time. It's still an important factor and that's why I don't say anything along the lines of give him a few more seasons. I think a proper off season and the little bit of experience and learning he had last year should be enough to judge him this season. The cost for him alone demands a proper season before he's sentenced to garbage status.

No kool-aid here, just don't think it's fair to judge yet. I give him maybe 60% chance to succeed at most...IF he stays healthy. At least I have confidence in Skelton panning out ultimately so I won't be devastated if Kolb sucks. The second pick is over and I can quit dwelling on it now. Skelton will be good, much better than Alexis. Not necessarily this year, but it will happen within these next few seasons. Can't assess how soon because he's not the starter yet.

Let us pray that Williams stays healthy, I was really excited about that kid going into the pre-season last year and I hope that he at least gets close to where he was before the injury.

nope. skelton will never have a 90 qb rating, he will never win a playoff game, he will never win his division and he will never play in an nfc championship game. skelton had a sub 70 QB rating last year and i don't see him getting any better. he can't read defenses and he makes poor decisions with the ball. yeah, he'll chuck one up to fitz every now and again but he's not a long term answer for the cards.

believe me, i would love for the cards to keep skelton in the lineup for a long, long time but they know he isn't an answer and they know kolb isn't an answer. cards will be drafting top 10 this year though so maybe they can get barkley or whoever else comes out. of course they will be stepping onto a team with no offensive line so good luck!

You would know about bad QBs.

a lot of people know about bad qb play, yourself included. but i will say as bad as the cards QB situation is, i don't think either one of them would willingly leave an NFC championship game because they were scared of the other team! way to show up for your squad jpout!

Slo

So I could call the sequel NFLGAF 2: The Adventure of Slo.

The story of an aspiring pseudo intellectual who battles alcohol, white sconi trash, and the Minnesota state senate to keep his favorite football team? I'm in. I want my part to be played by Samuel L. Jackson, and the part of Eznark to be played by Mel Gibson.

snesfreak

Banned
The story of an aspiring pseudo intellectual who battles alcohol, white sconi trash, and the Minnesota state senate to keep his favorite football team? I'm in. I want my part to be played by Samuel L. Jackson, and the part of Eznark to be played by Mel Gibson.
:jnc

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Quick Q friends.

I am seriously considering switching off of cable and going with my already existing Netflix Streaming and Amazon Instant services, and adding Hulu Plus for the girlfriend. Paying $135 a month for cable and that's going up to like $180 a month when my promo expires in October.

My only problem is that I of course love watching the Yanks, and sometimes the Knicks and Rangers. Will I be relegated to illegal free streaming sights or is there another way to get my sports fix?

eznark

Banned
I cut "cable" (directv in my case) 6 weeks ago. I have the MLB.tv package since I am out of the Brewers market and love it. You can actually pay YES to watch Yankees game in market, too. Get the NHL package, great deal. College sports I think we are kind of s.o.l. NBA? Someone would have to pay me.

Thanks for thinking about me, sugar tits.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Quick Q friends.

I am seriously considering switching off of cable and going with my already existing Netflix Streaming and Amazon Instant services, and adding Hulu Plus for the girlfriend. Paying $135 a month for cable and that's going up to like $180 a month when my promo expires in October.

My only problem is that I of course love watching the Yanks, and sometimes the Knicks and Rangers. Will I be relegated to illegal free streaming sights or is there another way to get my sports fix?

I think you can get those sunday ticket type things for each sport to watch on an xbox or something similar.

If you're desperate, I know ESPN3 comes with some internet providers.

Nightz

Quick Q friends.

I was thinking of asking this as well. My promo expires in June so I'm looking to get off cable this month.

bionic77

Quick Q friends.

You can buy season passes for the NBA and NHL through your PS3 or Roku I think.

Not sure if anyone is selling Hockey:

I was rummaging through a Browns board that I frequent and I came across a thread titled

"Savage on Richardson"

So I expected and some comments from former GM Phil Savage about Trent Richardson. I got that. But what I did NOT expect to see was this....

9M3Jh.jpg

hahahahhaha

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I was rummaging through a Browns board that I frequent and I came across a thread titled

"Savage on Richardson"

So I expected and some comments from former GM Phil Savage about Trent Richardson. I got that. But what I did NOT expect to see was this....

9M3Jh.jpg

hahahahhaha

Live action MLP?

LJ11

You'll be blacked out of all in market games with any paid steaming service. I think YES streams games if you pay 50 bucks on top of the MLBtv sub fee. You're basically stuck with shitty streams for Knicks/Rangers. I guess you may be able to use a proxy, no idea. Remove blackouts and all I need is an internet connection.

180 is robbery.

eznark

Banned
With the Yankees at least you'll have the ESPN app so you'll get to see the Yankees at least twice a week for free and every single Yankees - Red Sox game.

nope. skelton will never have a 90 qb rating, he will never win a playoff game, he will never win his division and he will never play in an nfc championship game. skelton had a sub 70 QB rating last year and i don't see him getting any better. he can't read defenses and he makes poor decisions with the ball. yeah, he'll chuck one up to fitz every now and again but he's not a long term answer for the cards.

believe me, i would love for the cards to keep skelton in the lineup for a long, long time but they know he isn't an answer and they know kolb isn't an answer. cards will be drafting top 10 this year though so maybe they can get barkley or whoever else comes out. of course they will be stepping onto a team with no offensive line so good luck!

My how cocky you are after Alex just achieved these things last season after...what was it? 6 seasons or so? Give Skelton that luxury and it wouldn't even be close. I do enjoy watching you try to slam a prospect that's only been in the league two seasons without a single off season and determine he'll never be good, though. He's a smart player that's still raw, he'll learn to read defenses better and make better decisions with the ball. Accuracy is his real problem and I believe that has a lot to do with his footwork which is already being addressed by our QB coach McNulty. You'd have to be insane to write Skelton off at this point (or a Niner fan). A fifth rounder without a single full season as a starter and you decide he isn't the future? How did Alexis work out all those previous seasons?

It will be real difficult getting into the top ten in the draft after making the playoffs. More delicious troll bait, this is a boring stretch of off season.

Quick Q friends.

180 just for TV, my dad pays that for 50/30 internet, high end cable package(Nfl network, HBO, Showtime, etc), a muti room DVR, 4 other cable boxes and a landline phone.

My how cocky you are after Alex just achieved these things last season after...what was it? 6 seasons or so? Give Skelton that luxury and it wouldn't even be close. I do enjoy watching you try to slam a prospect that's only been in the league two seasons without a single off season and determine he'll never be good, though. He's a smart player that's still raw, he'll learn to read defenses better and make better decisions with the ball. Accuracy is his real problem and I believe that has a lot to do with his footwork which is already being addressed by our QB coach McNulty. You'd have to be insane to write Skelton off at this point (or a Niner fan). A fifth rounder without a single full season as a starter and you decide he isn't the future? How did Alexis work out all those previous seasons?

It will be real difficult getting into the top ten in the draft after making the playoffs. More delicious troll bait, this is a boring stretch of off season.

1. alex had shit coaching his entire career and no players around him. MAGICALLY alex gets an offensive minded coach and look what happens.

2. skelton has plenty against him but he also has the benefit of having one of the top 2 WR's in the game on his team. he has a pathetic below 70 QB rating WITH fitz, i can only imagine what his numbers would look like without him (alex never had this benefit)

3. skelton will never amount to anything in the league. i'll eat crow if i'm wrong at any point in the future

4. lulz cards have a 0% chance at making the playoffs. here is the NFC Playoff picture as i predict it:

1. 49ers
2. Vikings
3. Panthers
4. Redskins
5. Buccaneers
6. Falcons

eznark

Banned
Movie is pretty great despite him, directors cut is the way to go. Fantastic cinematography.

I watched like 15 minutes of it and turned it off way back when it was first released. I wasn't really commenting on Bloom, just making sure I was thinking of the right movie.

I think you screwed up "top 6 picks in the 2013 draft" with playoff predictions. Best Harbs going Sparkley for Barkley confirmed!!!

lol. If the Niners don't make the playoffs, I can't wait to see what excuses FMT comes up with.

"Alex Smith struggled this year because he didn't want to embarrass Aaron Rodgers by taking his spot on the All-Pro team"

Narag

Would've been better without Bloom but whatever.

Movie succeeds in spite of him. I'd never seen the theatrical cut and couldn't quite grasp how it existed after I read about the changes as scenes that stood out to me simply didn't exist in the theatrical cut. The desert scene with David Thewlis' character that enhanced how ethereal he was springs to miind.

1. alex had shit coaching his entire career and no players around him. MAGICALLY alex gets an offensive minded coach and look what happens.

2. skelton has plenty against him but he also has the benefit of having one of the top 2 WR's in the game on his team. he has a pathetic below 70 QB rating WITH fitz, i can only imagine what his numbers would look like without him (alex never had this benefit)

3. skelton will never amount to anything in the league. i'll eat crow if i'm wrong at any point in the future

4. lulz cards have a 0% chance at making the playoffs. here is the NFC Playoff picture as i predict it:

1. 49ers
2. Vikings
3. Panthers
4. Redskins
5. Buccaneers
6. Falcons
Holy shit I will be saving this stupidity for sure. I know you were joking but still god damn at how insane this is.

Top Bottom