• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robert Bowling (of @fourzerotwo) resigns from Activision

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
twitter.com/fourzerotwo/statuses/184384024368783360

WuenN.jpg

Hmmm?

mSDaq.jpg

Meier

yeah. wat?

I mean the exodus must be pretty bad if a community manager becomes the head of the studio.

It was really a shell of itself and he was the face of the brand. Makes sense. Look at the promotions Reggie received due to being the face of Nintendo here in America during a successful period.

CFMOORE!

he wasn't head of anything. during the exodus he might have gotten a VERY small nudge as being more a face for the studio but lets not kid ourselves. The two Steve's took over the leadership of the studio. Bowling's position was still mostly important in terms of community and helping promote and market the game to their already rabid audience.

Sean

Banned
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but dude sounds kinda angry.

Usually when you see shit like this it's something like "Today is my last day at Infinity Ward, I'll miss working with this fantastic team and all my buddies."

He didn't even try to sugarcoat it.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Bowling always seemed like a nice guy, I remember when I was hanging on his every word in the old (and insane) COD4 forums.

Good luck to the man.

Danny 117

Im not good with industry names but was he one of the reasons CoD has gone downhill?

I'd actually say the opposite. I remember him being the one that drummed up all the hype for CoD4 on charlieoscardelta.com

It was always 402 this, 402 that. You have to give the man credit where it's due. He did his job well.

EDIT: Officially a member of NeoGAF now. Wooooo! lol

Moment of fame over, carry on :(

I lost all respect for this guy when he stood on a stage at Call of Duty XP and announced "NO MORE LAST STAND!" to a screaming crowd of approval when he damn well knew Final Stand, which is much worse, was going to be kept in the game. Not to mention all the other lies he's fed the community since CoD4.

GTFO.

Makoto

Doesn't Respawn already have a community manager?

And wasn't Bowling not invited to the IW defection party?

Kahoona

I lost all respect for this guy when he stood on a stage at Call of Duty XP and announced "NO MORE LAST STAND!" to a screaming crowd of approval when he damn well knew Final Stand, which is much worse, was going to be kept in the game. Not to mention all the other lies he's fed the community since CoD4.

GTFO.

The guy has a knack for lying and spewing bullshit.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'd actually say the opposite. I remember him being the one that drummed up all the hype for CoD4 on charlieoscardelta.com

It was always 402 this, 402 that. You have to give the man credit where it's due. He did his job well.

EDIT: Officially a member of NeoGAF now. Wooooo! lol

Moment of fame over, carry on :(

Welcome to the club.
CharlieOscarDelta man, I completely forgot that name. It used to be my go-to forum for a good while.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Never really liked the guy after MW2 stuff but the way he says that he resigns reminds me of The Office when Michael declares bankruptcy for some reason lol

Top Bottom