• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

This is why i hate cage matches now a days. Very few wrestlers know how to pull it off. The whole " I have clear chance of winning but not going to do it just yet" is done in almost every damn cage match.

painey

that was actually a great swerve ending. shame TNA has so fucking many of them because it really lessens the effect of a good one.

Horrible finish. Storm should have won. That made no sense. The whole feud was built to give Storm his revenge at this ppv. What the fuck? Why keep the belt on Roode?

TheNatural

My Member!
I don't get why TNA doesn't understand you build a company off of a face champ when it's trying to grow. They constantly shit on anyone they build up to beat a heel. When's the last time there was a face champ, 50 year old Sting last year for a month? It's crazy.

bwahhhhh

Are you fucking kidding me.

image.php

not an avatar quote, just thought it was an appropriate response to the ppv finish

LOL :(

So who's going to be the one that beats Bobby Roo in 18 seconds this Thursday?

TNA isn't that bad. Honestly, I didn't catch the whole thing but it wasn't worse than a WWE PPV.

I'll agree that not having any title changes takes away from some of the excitement, but then again only in WWE is changing titles a normal thing, which is probably why their titles are irrelevant now.

The women's match (though anti-climatic) was better than MOST WWE diva's matches I see now a days.

And Angle/Hardy was good. And I thought Roode/Storm was good until the end.

And I don't want to see Flair/Hogan redux part 18.

remnant

Banned
Great ending on this ppv , now it pushes the fued even more .
the angle match was great and so was the last match .

No it doesn't. There is no reason for Roode to waste his time with Storm anymore. They built the feud up well this past month and pissed it away.

That finish makes no sense at all. Even going with Roode's character of keep the title at any cost, why would he not walk out of the cage when Hebner opened the door? He stayed in and asked Hebner for a beer bottle instead. At that point match turned to shit. Roode winning makes it even worse.

TNA is saving the big face win for the PPV in Dallas in front of all the Panda bigwigs. They had decent booking all night but made a mistake here. You build a company with faces and you reinforce it with great heels. Bischoff has never understood that you have to give the fans the babyface payoff, he fucked it up with WCW when Hogan-Sting never got the proper payoff and he is doing it again. If they wanted to hire a legend to run the company they should have told Hogan and Bischoff to fuck themselves and hired Bret Hart or someone similar who has both a name and the actual understanding of fucking wrestling.

dream

They should reunite Beer Money. I don't like them being broken up, Why the hell would you separate Beer Money?

dream

But they had that badass entrance where one of them screamed
BEER!!!!
and the other one responded by yelling
MONEY!!!!!

But they had that badass entrance where one of them screamed
BEER!!!!
and the other one responded by yelling
MONEY!!!!!

Considering that you bought a PPV in 2011 for Hogan vs. Sting, I'm not quite sure if you're trolling or genuinely liked Beer Money.

And I have no idea what the former has to do with the latter, I just felt the need to remind everyone.

TheNatural

My Member!
TNA really is just like the result of what would happen when you watch one of those wrestling reunion shows, and if someone said "hey it would be cool if we ran weekly PPV's every month of this."

There's no point to get mad or worry about bulds because there really are none. The best build you see if the promo with the documentary cut ins. Bischoff lost tonight and is out of TNA, but WTF was his entire run anyway? He was just there, kind of a dick the whole way. One week he hated Jarrett, the next they were buddy buddy. It made no sense.

Not only that, but isn't the point of bringing old guys back to at least make some connection to their past? Bischoff may as well have been a random guy, no one ever brought up who he was or what he did in the past, and hell, even Flair was teaming with him and supporting him for no reason.

TNA is not only useless for using washed up old wrestlers, but they don't even connect who they are and what they've done to anything for the most part. It's like one giant useless cameo appearance.

Thought the PPV was a boring. I guess you can blame the crowd but i'm not a fan of any gimmick PPVs. To me crazy spots doesn't equal an "awesome" cage match. Great psychology where wrestlers understand the fucking rules makes a great cage match. Seriously, that last minute was just god awful and ruined the whole match.

I guess some things never change with TNA. Namely world titles on ppvs. They save the title change for the Impact after. Because, you know it makes sense to give away title changes on free tv to make some of those 7,000 people that still buy your ppvs stop buying them, instead of making world title matches only happen on ppvs, strengthening their value and increasing buys. But I forgot this company exists solely as a tax writeoff for Panda Energy. Making money defeats it's purpose.

dream

Considering that you bought a PPV in 2011 for Hogan vs. Sting, I'm not quite sure if you're trolling or genuinely liked Beer Money.

And I have no idea what the former has to do with the latter, I just felt the need to remind everyone.

I thought Beer Money was the best tag team in pro rasslin.

And Hulk vs Stinger was fucking awesome. Dat pop. Dat babyface turn. Money well spent.

If I was booking a wrestling company I'd hire Jake the Snake, Raven, and Scott Hall to sit in a room together and do the entire thing for me. They'd work for some oxys I bet.

Top Bottom