• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

RBH
Member
(04-16-2012, 06:18 PM)
RBH's Avatar

Originally Posted by DMeisterJ

There's an issue wearing socks with sandals?

I always wear socks with my Adidas sandals.

Last edited by RBH; 04-16-2012 at 06:21 PM.
DMeisterJ
D is for Dear, M is for Memorable, J is for JUST HUG ME YOU BIG GALOOT
(04-16-2012, 06:21 PM)
DMeisterJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by RBH

Batman wears a cape and he can't fly. He has no reason to be shaking his head.
Khrno
Member
(04-16-2012, 06:21 PM)
Khrno's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chopper

I'm at the O2. Hell of alot of CM Punk shirts and YES! chants in the lobby. No Daniel Bryan shirts at the merch stand though. :(

That's ridiculous, I can't believe (actually I can) the WWE underestimated the sales potential of YES/Bryan.

The shirt was sold out from their first shipment and put in backorder on WWEshop.com, my shirt was shipped from the second shipment, but in the website is sold out again, it has probably been like that since last monday, and they are just trying to fulfill pre-orders.

They did have some shirts for the Euro tour, but they must have sell them all in the first house shows. Vince must be cursing (himself) the merchandising team for all the lost euros and pounds.
Chopper
Member
(04-16-2012, 06:26 PM)
Chopper's Avatar
Perspicacity
Member
(04-16-2012, 06:29 PM)
Perspicacity's Avatar

Originally Posted by DMeisterJ

Batman wears a cape and he can't fly. He has no reason to be shaking his head.

Batman's cape makes more sense than capes on flying characters.

Socks and sandals are bad, but I don't get "the blacks" the same way Vince does so maybe you get special rules. I do know you get away with wearing purple a whole lot easier.
Nocturnowl
Member
(04-16-2012, 06:31 PM)
Nocturnowl's Avatar
That sign is so intense it shouldn't be legal, straight up gangsta trippin
The Frankman
Banned
(04-16-2012, 06:33 PM)
The Frankman's Avatar

Originally Posted by G-Fex

Sometimes I feel Frankman is on repeat

Who's Frankman? Someone has a similar name to mine?
Aiii
So not worth it
(04-16-2012, 06:39 PM)
Aiii's Avatar

Originally Posted by Khrno

That's ridiculous, I can't believe (actually I can) the WWE underestimated the sales potential of YES/Bryan.

The shirt was sold out from their first shipment and put in backorder on WWEshop.com, my shirt was shipped from the second shipment, but in the website is sold out again, it has probably been like that since last monday, and they are just trying to fulfill pre-orders.

They did have some shirts for the Euro tour, but they must have sell them all in the first house shows. Vince must be cursing (himself) the merchandising team for all the lost euros and pounds.

They made and starting selling these shirts less then a week from WrestleMania, it's in high demand, ofcourse they don't have millions of shirts yet.

It's a good sign.
Kyoufu
(04-16-2012, 06:39 PM)
Kyoufu's Avatar
The Rock says:

"BREAKING NEWS: Wrestlemania 28 sets all time PPV buys & one day global gross record. #TeamBringItWorldwide THANK YOU!"
jmdajr
Member
(04-16-2012, 06:42 PM)
jmdajr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

The Rock says:

"BREAKING NEWS: Wrestlemania 28 sets all time PPV buys & one day global gross record. #TeamBringItWorldwide THANK YOU!"


Last edited by jmdajr; 04-16-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Aiii
So not worth it
(04-16-2012, 06:49 PM)
Aiii's Avatar
With Brock, Rock and maybe Austin vs. Punk and Cena vs. Taker next year I expect that record to not hold for long.
RBH
Member
(04-16-2012, 06:50 PM)
RBH's Avatar
Quote tags for big ass pictures, plz.
Razorskin
----- ------
(04-16-2012, 06:56 PM)
Razorskin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aiii

With Brock, Rock and maybe Austin vs. Punk and Cena vs. Taker next year I expect that record to not hold for long.

Punk doesnt deserve Austin, Orton does.
Perspicacity
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:01 PM)
Perspicacity's Avatar

Originally Posted by Razorskin

Punk doesnt deserve Austin, Orton does.

lol no
Razorskin
----- ------
(04-16-2012, 07:04 PM)
Razorskin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Perspicacity

lol no

The Viper vs The Rattlesnake
Mr. Nobody
G for Gothic Lolita
(04-16-2012, 07:06 PM)
Mr. Nobody's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Frankman

Who's Frankman? Someone has a similar name to mine?

This is why you were kicked out of the NWA.

That and Substance abuse
krae_man
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:08 PM)
krae_man's Avatar
I'm guessing they didn't break the gate record. They would have announced that already if they had.
DKehoe
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:08 PM)
DKehoe's Avatar

Originally Posted by krae_man

I'm guessing they didn't break the gate record. They would have announced that already if they had.

I think they did that due to the strong pre-sale.
HarryDemeanor
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:09 PM)
HarryDemeanor's Avatar
Hey guys. The Lesnar - Cena fight is a No DQ, No Count-Out Match.

EXTREME!
Ultratech
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:13 PM)
Ultratech's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

The Rock says:

"BREAKING NEWS: Wrestlemania 28 sets all time PPV buys & one day global gross record. #TeamBringItWorldwide THANK YOU!"

I'd love the see the numbers on this. Otherwise, I think he's full of shit.
canadian crowe
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:14 PM)
canadian crowe's Avatar
I wonder how much backlash Brock will get from wearing his UFC attire. We obviously aren't getting the Lesnar that left in 2004.
rvd2kewl
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:14 PM)
rvd2kewl's Avatar
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemani...nia-ppv-record

WrestleMania XXVIII sets pay-per-view record

WWE announced that WrestleMania XXVIII, held April 1 at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, set new records for pay-per-view buys and gross sales.

Preliminary estimates show that WrestleMania, featuring the historic “Once in a Lifetime” Match between The Rock and John Cena, garnered 1.3 million pay-per-view buys with global gross sales in excess of $67 million including the live event.

WrestleMania was seen around the world on pay-per-view in more than 105 countries and 20 languages.

Next year’s WrestleMania will take place Sunday, April 7, 2013, at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. Ticket information will be announced later this year.

bart jr
Junior Member
(04-16-2012, 07:14 PM)
bart jr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Razorskin

The Viper vs The Rattlesnake

Just because they both have a type of snake for a nickname doesn't mean Orton deserves it. Austin and Punk are polar opposites, and a feud between them basically writes itself.
DMeisterJ
D is for Dear, M is for Memorable, J is for JUST HUG ME YOU BIG GALOOT
(04-16-2012, 07:16 PM)
DMeisterJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Razorskin

Punk doesnt deserve Austin, Orton does.

I like this poster.

Ortono vs. Austin seems interminably better than Punk/Austin only because of the build of the match. If Punk was still his 'summer of punk' self, then I'd enjoy the match, but since he's John Cena 2.0, I'd much rather Orton/Austin.
krae_man
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:16 PM)
krae_man's Avatar

Originally Posted by DKehoe

I think they did that due to the strong pre-sale.

I wonder if they include resale market revenue in these numbers or not.

Edit: I just saw some articles that said the Gate was 8.9 million.
RBH
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:17 PM)
RBH's Avatar

Originally Posted by rvd2kewl

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemani...nia-ppv-record

Didn't think they would get that many buys. Good for them.
Ultratech
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:20 PM)
Ultratech's Avatar
Looking at the records, they sure as hell didn't get the all-time PPV buys at 1.3/1.4 mil.

De La Hoya vs. Mayweather had 2.4 mil PPV buys from 2007 with around $120 mil generated in revenue.
Last edited by Ultratech; 04-16-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Striker
got struck
(04-16-2012, 07:21 PM)
Striker's Avatar

Originally Posted by bart jr

Just because they both have a type of snake for a nickname doesn't mean Orton deserves it. Austin and Punk are polar opposites, and a feud between them basically writes itself.

Not the current Punk. Maybe the SES one.
somedevil
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:22 PM)
somedevil's Avatar

Originally Posted by rvd2kewl

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemani...nia-ppv-record

I find it weird that they broke the buy record but you wouldn't know that by the ratings they were getting up till the show.

Also, this wrestlemania made Daniel Bryan in a weird way by losing in 18 seconds because whats happening now with the new Yes shirt and it selling like crazy. Would of this happened if he lost a 15-20 minute match with Sheamus?

Originally Posted by Ultratech

Looking at the records, they sure as hell didn't get the all-time PPV buys at 1.3/1.4 mil.

De La Hoya vs. Mayweather has 2.4 mil PPV buys from 2007 with around $120 mil generated in revenue.

I think they mean they broke their own pay per view buy record not the all time one.
DKehoe
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:22 PM)
DKehoe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ultratech

Looking at the records, they sure as hell didn't get the all-time PPV buys at 1.3/1.4 mil.

De La Hoya vs. Mayweather has 2.4 mil PPV buys from 2007 with around $120 mil generated in revenue.

I was guessing he was meaning the Wrestling PPV record which was held by Wrestlemania 23 (the trump one) which I think got 1.25 million buys.
Mr. Sandman
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:23 PM)
Mr. Sandman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ultratech

Looking at the records, they sure as hell didn't get the all-time PPV buys at 1.3/1.4 mil.

De La Hoya vs. Mayweather had 2.4 mil PPV buys from 2007 with around $120 mil generated in revenue.

Vince probably doesn't acknowledge boxing.
Ultratech
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:24 PM)
Ultratech's Avatar

Originally Posted by DKehoe

I was guessing he was meaning the Wrestling PPV record which was held by Wrestlemania 23 (the trump one) which I think got 1.25 million buys.

That's about all I can guess, though the article itself doesn't allude to it.
bart jr
Junior Member
(04-16-2012, 07:25 PM)
bart jr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Striker

Not the current Punk. Maybe the SES one.

True, and I guess I just picture that in my mind whenever the feud is brought up. I'm pretty sure they've both stated it wouldn't work the way things are right now.
Khrno
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:29 PM)
Khrno's Avatar

Originally Posted by HarryDemeanor

Hey guys. The Lesnar - Cena fight is a No DQ, No Count-Out Match.

EXTREME!

Just like the Punk-Henry title match tonight on RAW?

RAW!
Mr. Sandman
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:31 PM)
Mr. Sandman's Avatar

Originally Posted by HarryDemeanor

Hey guys. The Lesnar - Cena fight is a No DQ, No Count-Out Match.

EXTREME!

We all know this is so Paul Heyman can do a run-in and become Lesnar's manager.....right? Am I right? Please tell me I'm right.
bart jr
Junior Member
(04-16-2012, 07:33 PM)
bart jr's Avatar

Originally Posted by djsandman

We all know this is so Paul Heyman can do a run-in and become Lesnar's manager.....right? Am I right? Please tell me I'm right.

Only in dreams, unfortunately
Khrno
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:38 PM)
Khrno's Avatar

Originally Posted by somedevil

Also, this wrestlemania made Daniel Bryan in a weird way by losing in 18 seconds because whats happening now with the new Yes shirt and it selling like crazy.

Just as intended.

Linkified
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:44 PM)
Linkified's Avatar

Originally Posted by Razorskin

The Viper vs The Rattlesnake

Tripple Threat: The Viper vs The Rattlesnake vs The Cobra.

Or Handicap match: The Viper, The Rattlesnake, The Cobra vs The Celtic Warrior. Can The Great White banish Snakes from WM?
Biggest-Geek-Ever
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:47 PM)
Biggest-Geek-Ever's Avatar

Originally Posted by Khrno

Just as intended.

Vince plays the long term game. We may think that he never books a month in advance, but that's just because no one can understand his genius.
Chopper
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:53 PM)
Chopper's Avatar
Dean Ambrose just beat A-Ry in a dark match. It was sweet.
UberTag
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:55 PM)
UberTag's Avatar

Originally Posted by Biggest-Geek-Ever

Vince plays the long term game. We may think that he never books a month in advance, but that's just because no one can understand his genius.

I have high expectations for D.Brine's match at Extreme Rules especially seeing how he hasn't wrestled for any length on television or pay-per-view since March 26th when he was tagging with GAF's Favorite Wrestler vs. Boreton & Too Many Limes.

No... last week's joke match against Mean Gene Okerlund doesn't count.
Net_Wrecker
(04-16-2012, 07:57 PM)
Net_Wrecker's Avatar

Originally Posted by BoboBrazil

Lesnar's new ring attire





This looks.....strange.

Originally Posted by jobber

Looking at Brock's gear...he's like a vanilla 1998 Marc Mero...complete with Sable.

And this is amazingly accurate.
Khrno
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:57 PM)
Khrno's Avatar
Ambrose winning dark matches? His TV debut is upon us!

And since the show is underway, I'm out.
RBH
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:59 PM)
RBH's Avatar

DARK MATCH (RAW)

*Dean Ambrose b. Alex Riley with the Knee Trembler. He's calling himself the Hardcore Legend in a clear jab at Mick Foley.

.
Mr. Sandman
Member
(04-16-2012, 07:59 PM)
Mr. Sandman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Khrno

Ambrose winning dark matches? His TV debut is upon us!

And since the show is underway, I'm out.

Ambrose has been winning dark matches for a while now.
BoboBrazil
Member
(04-16-2012, 08:00 PM)
BoboBrazil's Avatar

Originally Posted by rvd2kewl

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemani...nia-ppv-record

Thanks to the Rock. This goes with my theory that most people who order Mania nowadays don't even watch the show on a consistent basis if ever, so they see Rock coming back vs Cena and decide to buy a show once a year to see storylines wrap up. Rock has saved them 2 years in a row now. Will he still be a draw next year vs Brock?
mechashiva
Member
(04-16-2012, 08:10 PM)
mechashiva's Avatar

Originally Posted by djsandman

Ambrose has been winning dark matches for a while now.

He beat JTG before Raw in Miami and Zeke at Smackdown in Orlando. It was a nice surprise.
Chopper
Member
(04-16-2012, 08:10 PM)
Chopper's Avatar
R-Truth just beat Swagger on Superstars. Long match. Alot of the London crowd chanting for Swagger. Nice match.

EDIT: Crowd is hot. Raw should be fun.
BillRiccio
Member
(04-16-2012, 08:11 PM)
BillRiccio's Avatar
WWE announced the match stipulation for Brock vs Cena

Exteme Rules Matches are no-disqualification and no-countout in nature. With virtually all rules out the window, the only way to win such a contest is by pinfall or submission.

At least it looks like we won't have to put up with a bs finish.
Mr. Sandman
Member
(04-16-2012, 08:13 PM)
Mr. Sandman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chopper

R-Truth just beat Swagger on Superstars. Long match. Alot of the London crowd chanting for Swagger. Nice match.

EDIT: Crowd is hot. Raw should be fun.

Why? Swagger is an All American American, UK crowds usually go for UK guys.

Thread Tools