• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
He's got the fact that he only barely beat Brock, so when he comes back he can overcome the odds by beating Brock again, but without getting his ass handed to him first. What a story!
How compelling!!

I already stopped watching the show, I might just not even watch the ppv's now.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Zack Ryder attacking Kane 2 months later out of nowhere after the storyline was forgotten and then Kane absolutely no selling it was great. What a geek.
It was the best moment of the night. I think in every Kane match from now on, Ryder should just jump out of nowhere and attack Kane, only for Kane to no sell it.

BTW, I still can't believe that Cena won. If he's going away for a while, then it makes even less sense.

evil ways

I think they're waiting on Mick's new children's book to come out before doing the angle. I think it comes out in October.

I think the angle is pretty much dead. Foley killed it. Now both guys are quiet on twitter. Why wait 7 months later after the viral video and the back and forth twitter attacks? Just to promote a book? By then nobody's gonna give a shit or even remember about anything that went on.

Anth0ny

He's got the fact that he only barely beat Brock, so when he comes back he can overcome the odds by beating Brock again, but without getting his ass handed to him first. What a story!

It's Taker/HHH all over again. What the fuck is this company smoking? Cena losing and doing his whole speech would have made about 1000x more sense. The immortal John Cena has dropped matches to Rock, Tensai and now Brock, so he's taking a little break to find himself... or some shit. I'd buy it.

Right now, Superman Cena is just taking a vacation for some reason. okay.

If Brock does beat the shit out of Cena tonight, again, the people who are fine with him losing, the wrong people, will point at it and go SEE SEE HE'S STILL STRONG. Even though he's built as this unbeatable monster...who gets beat in his very first match. Bork could pick up one of those dumb Cena kids and beat him to death with them but he still couldn't get the win last night against Super Cena.

While Laser could enthusiastically destroy the locker room, what's the payoff? Are those people I quoted a couple of pages ago going to flock to see Borck rematch Cena at a said future date? Cena already beat him, if Brock beats him back it's still even and we know who would win a rubber match. Nothing about Cena last night should change anybody's feelings on him since nothing changed. He's the same over coming the odds, respecting the hell out everything, boring as ever character. It makes no sense to do it in this order, Bork should lose to Cena but not anytime soon. This way Cena saved us wrasslin' fans from guy who doesn't care about it in less than a month. Why?

Maybe they can do the Brock/Cena rematch under MMA rules inside the sports entertainagon. 5 5 minute rounds. If they can't use Herb Dean as ref they can use black ref.

Kaladin

Brock Lesnar will just say that he was out there to kick Cena's ass and Cena got out of it by getting a quick victory. Brock isn't a wrestler, he's an ass kicker. He wasn't there for pinfalls (yes, I know he went for a cover), he was there to take Cena out, which he did.

At least.....that's the only way I can justify Brock winning.....I can't say anything about Cena's speech though. They should have had Cena win and stretchered him out of the building.

And why was AJ in the background and not in the match at all? Isn't that storytelling 101? If you mention or show something when telling a story, it needs to be there for a purpose. If someone is holding something, if someone is creeping on you and you're showing everyone that, it has to be for a reason. Not some innocuous thing we should ignore.

I did really enjoy the PPV outside of almost all the endings and Ziggler continuing to lose (though he looked fantastic doing it). I still had issues with a ton of basic story flaws.

I would like the thread title to pay homage to Canada in some fashion please. Our Canadian Wrasslegaffers have struggled for too long, only to go unnoticed while their Mother England steals the title spotlight month after month.

I don't really see why he needs to be unbeatable. He came back, was cocky as fuck, lost. If he comes out tonight and kimuras the shit out of everyone, starting with a bunch of jobbers (wishing them the best in their future endeavours on the way) building up to destroying someone at the next pay per view an eventually the championship, what does it matter if he lost one fight? He'll have needed it to switch from the cocky UFC guy to a proper monster heel.
Probably won't happen though. HHH will come out and throw him in a bin or something.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You finally incited the wrath of someone, I guess that was hard work.
I'll settle for May19th Wrasslin and then whatever the hell else is chosen to follow.
That wasn't wrath, that was mild anger, lol.

I'll say this, if anyone has a problem with the Kane Kliq, PM me or post here your beef. I'll listen.

jmdajr

edge-wwe.jpg

He really did bring back the old John Cena, the one that overcomes the absurd odds and not the guy who jobs to Rock and Tensei, Edge is truly the hero of extreme rules (just like last year when he helped Christian)

Absolutely. Let this be a lesson to ya'll to NEVER doubt Edge again.

on this day

And why was AJ in the background and not in the match at all? Isn't that storytelling 101? If you mention or show something when telling a story, it needs to be there for a purpose. If someone is holding something, if someone is creeping on you and you're showing everyone that, it has to be for a reason. Not some innocuous thing we should ignore.

I didn't realize last night was the end of wrestling

MoosiferX

Maybe I was just w/ the right group of people, but that was one of the most fun to watch PPV's in quite some time. Infinitely better than Wrestlemania for me.

Did it seem like there were less commercials than usual? I remember a Youtube one, and maybe a Be A Star one, but I think that was it?

Regardless, I'm pretty pumped for RAW tonight to see what happens next.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't really see why he needs to be unbeatable. He came back, was cocky as fuck, lost. If he comes out tonight and kimuras the shit out of everyone, starting with a bunch of jobbers (wishing them the best in their future endeavours on the way) building up to destroying someone at the next pay per view an eventually the championship, what does it matter if he lost one fight? He'll have needed it to switch from the cocky UFC guy to a proper monster heel.
Probably won't happen though. HHH will come out and throw him in a bin or something.
You don't set up a guy as "the new face of WWE/Raw/whateverthefuck" and then have him lose to the old face of WWE. It makes 0 sense.

Just without context, it's a pretty awesome spot. But knowing everything, it's exactly what should have come at the culmination of a long-feud instead of at the end of the very first match.

Agreed, this was the match they should have had to end a long feud, not blow off a short one.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Why has our rate of growth stalled so much and what are you doing to address this issue?
Apparently, Green Man will join once he gets verified.

We're the biggest group in WrassleGAF today. We're even bigger than AJ. It's just that not all of us rep with avatars. Just like the mighty Kane, we rest in the shadows.

What about the bait and switch Michael Cole did on the preshow saying a Hall Of Famer was on his way to the building we haven't seen since Mania and then never showing up on camera? For some reason it feels like alot of shit was changed on this show on the fly in the back. Like why show AJ and then do nothing? Why say it's not Kharma and then it actually not be to pull a bait and switch to fuck fans over? That fucked over Layla's comeback too.

I didn't realize last night was the end of wrestling

They showed AJ on screen creeping on D-Bry then didn't show her again. I'm sure, well almost sure, she'll be creeping on him some more, but that doesn't change that she was a major part of the Sheamus-Bryan storyline and ended up having nothing to do with it in the end. Sheamus beat him twice in a row (this time clean) so Bryan has no claim on another rematch. Which leaves that AJ moment lingering. Though it's obvious she's a bigger arch on the Bryan story even though the whole Sheamus-Bryan feud was basically about her.

My apologizes for using story logic. I'm sure WWE will wrap this up nice and tight, like they always do.

Apparently, Green Man will join once he gets verified.

We're the biggest group in WrassleGAF today. We're even bigger than AJ. It's just that not all of us rep with avatars. Just like the mighty Kane, we rest in the shadows.

Well people are starting to turn on us just like John Cena.

By the way, how much money did Keyser Soze make betting on wrestling?

@CrankyVince

TAKER, @THEROCK AND @steveaustinBSR KEEP LEAVING IRATE MESSAGES, TURNING OFF MY WIRELESS MOBILE PHONE. THESE GUYS JUST DON'T "GET IT"

lol

Khrno

Cena shouldn't have done a speech at all.

Absolutely. It was out of place, he should just have sold the arm and greet those kids ringside.

Or if he really had to say something, it should just have been his usual speech about rising above hate and shit, but trying to sound edgy and rebellious while giving a farewell was the real idiotic thing about the whole match/segment.

They were clearly playing an injury angle, and Cena totally screwed it up with his stupid speech.

cr_blah_blah said:
hey showed AJ on screen creeping on D-Bry then didn't show her again. I'm sure, well almost sure, she'll be creeping on him some more, but that doesn't change that she was a major part of the Sheamus-Bryan storyline and ended up having nothing to do with it in the end. Sheamus beat him twice in a row (this time clean) so Bryan has no claim on another rematch. Which leaves that AJ moment lingering. Though it's obvious she's a bigger arch on the Bryan story even though the whole Sheamus-Bryan feud was basically about her.

You seem to misunderstand something, it was never a Bryan/Sheamus feud with AJ, it was (and still is) a Bryan/AJ storyline with Sheamus included. Bryan will move on to Orton or some other face, and the focus of the story will still be Bryan and AJ, and I hope the conclusion will be to set them up as a heel couple by making AJ a 100% heel.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Absolutely. It was out of place, he should just have sold the arm and greet those kids ringside.

Or if he really had to say something, it should just have been his usual speech about rising above hate and shit, but trying to sound edgy and rebellious while giving a farewell was the real idiotic thing about the whole match/segment.

They were clearly playing an injury angle, and Cena totally screwed it up with his stupid speech.
Remember this? "My arm is a little banged up. I'm fine." Totally killed it.

and i think that's where his whole 'I'm maybe going to get in trouble for this' statement plays in, which he hopefully did.

3 things are certain in life. 1. Death 2. Taxes. and 3. WWE will fuck up any great angle that falls in their lap.

History has shown this time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time repeat ad nauseum.

They showed AJ on screen creeping on D-Bry then didn't show her again. I'm sure, well almost sure, she'll be creeping on him some more, but that doesn't change that she was a major part of the Sheamus-Bryan storyline and ended up having nothing to do with it in the end. Sheamus beat him twice in a row (this time clean) so Bryan has no claim on another rematch. Which leaves that AJ moment lingering. Though it's obvious she's a bigger arch on the Bryan story even though the whole Sheamus-Bryan feud was basically about her.

My apologizes for using story logic. I'm sure WWE will wrap this up nice and tight, like they always do.

Complaining about the best match of the night is petty nitpicking at it's worst. Any involvement she could have had would have made things worse, but if they intend to keep her in the storyline (or give her a spin-off storyline) then she needs to be kept somewhat relevant.

Pre-emptive bitching is the worst kind of bitching.

jmdajr

Maybe I was just w/ the right group of people, but that was one of the most fun to watch PPV's in quite some time. Infinitely better than Wrestlemania for me.

Did it seem like there were less commercials than usual? I remember a Youtube one, and maybe a Be A Star one, but I think that was it?

Regardless, I'm pretty pumped for RAW tonight to see what happens next.

Absolutely. I felt the crowd at the bar I watched it enjoyed it plenty. I agree, there was a lot less filler nonsense.

Exactly. Kane Kliq is owed for carrying this thread in the last month.

The fire still burns in our hearts illuminating the dark days of modern WWE
Like big red machines we keep on going regardless of terrible storylines and shoddy booking
Even if Wrasslegaf itself stands in our way and calls us crazy
Fighting against the fate of the continuous Kane Cycle
With almost supernatural levels of dedication
The Kane Kliq is a fire that cannot be extinguished!

Until he retires, gets injured, takes time off or we get bored with the product and bail out.

Top Bottom