• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MechWarrior Online - News and Information Thread

Haha I don't know, with that inbuilt screen I guess it could get quite pricey. Perhaps they are going to require a certain number of pre-orders before going ahead with production, it seems pretty crazy to make a peripheral like this for a free-to-play game.

Yeah, it definitely seems strange. I love Mechwarrior/Battletech, but it's not exactly the biggest property out there. I just can't imagine that demand would be that high for this.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Have you seen this? IGP/Piranha has teamed up with Razer to produce a unique controller for the game, with LCD-screen and everything.

fzmrN.jpg

I think it almost beats the Steel Battalion controller, but I can't see an ejection button :).

http://www.razerzone.com/artemis

Mother of God.

Arucardo

Needs pedals though. Also, they should make a version where you could use an ipad or other tablets as the screen (or a phone as a smaller screen).

Woorloog

Banned
Maybe they'll let you put PPC arms on it and yearn for the Marauder/Mad Cat days.

Ugly mech is ugly, no matter what you equip on it.

I'll be pilot Jenner, Commando, Raven, Centurion or Dragon... Those are decent looking mechs. Don't like the Catapult anymore for some reason. Also, like missile weapons but not many of the mechs i listed carries such...
And yeah, it really matters to me how something looks. What's the point of piloting a massive war machine if it doesn't look cool?

EDIT tweaked my list.
Currently, despite liking being a light mech pilot and a scout, i'm leaning towards Dragon. With some tweaking, it could be turned into a HEAVY scout.

Orayn

The Stalker's slow, huge, and has a face only a mother could love, but I really like its loadout and the fact that it's basically the Catapult's fat older brother. I may just wind up using it as one of my primary 'Mechs until the Mad Cat / Timber Wolf is introduced.

Woorloog

Banned
The Stalker's slow, huge, and has a face only a mother could love, but I really like its loadout and the fact that it's basically the Catapult's fat older brother. I may just wind up using it as one of my primary 'Mechs until the Mad Cat / Timber Wolf is introduced.

Screw Timber Wolf, i want my Summoner. That default configuration is so good (indeed, the last time i played MW4 with Thor, i stuck closely to the Prime config, with the leftover tonnage going for extra armor and electronics (MW4 isn't very faithful to the tabletop rules)).

EDIT or Hellbringer/Loki. That immense firepower is fun at times. Also, looks good. Though i think i prefer Timber Wolf to Hellbringer.

Uchip

Banned
If it lets me do the all Gauss Cannon joke build ill give it a shot
1 alpha strike killing light mechs was pretty funny

Woorloog

Banned
If it lets me do the all Gauss Cannon joke build ill give it a shot
1 alpha strike killing light mechs was pretty funny

Mmm, how many Gauss Rifles one could put on Daishi in MW4... 4 or even 5 if you sacrifice a lot of armor and speed, IIRC. That can one-shot nearly anything, including heavily armored 100tonner.

EDIT the meme thread on MWO forums is awesome: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/4861-mechwarrior-meme-thread/page__st__20
http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z376/orsynous/1268298436845.jpg

BigTnaples

So, anyone else have a hunch that this game is going to be freaking amazing?

Because I sure as hell do.

;p

Woorloog

Banned
Gotta say i've somehow gotten used to Stalker's looks... still think mechs with actual arms look generally better but it's okay now. Well, at least MWO iteration of it.

Fireye

Too bad they aren't doing "Premium status" like Hi-Rez did. Buy something once, and you get VIP status, earning you 50% more xp forever.

While I'd like to support them with moneys, I just can't see the real value of the founders packs.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Too bad they aren't doing "Premium status" like Hi-Rez did. Buy something once, and you get VIP status, earning you 50% more xp forever.

While I'd like to support them with moneys, I just can't see the real value of the founders packs.

You get a boost to your c-bill earnings with the 60 and 120 dollar packages.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

MWO said:
One exclusive custom “Founder's BattleMech.” This Mech includes a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster.

You do, too bad it seems tied to the mech and not account wide.

Orayn

You get a boost to your c-bill earnings with the 60 and 120 dollar packages.

That's only on the Founder's 'Mechs, though.

There doesn't seem to be any sort of permanent, account-wide boost, but it would be really nice to have one.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I mean it could be just worded strangely and you get an account booster with the mech. Here's hoping.

BigTnaples

Bought the 60 dollar Elite version.

Figured I would save the extra 60 for the Artemis controller when that releases.

I "hear" that the beta for this game is pretty freaking amazing. Especially for an early beta. Can't wait.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I can't decide which mech to pick for the founder's thing. Leaning towards the catapult...

BigTnaples

I can't decide which mech to pick for the founder's thing. Leaning towards the catapult...

I picked the Atlas, just because it is fairly expensive in game, and it would be a nice mech to get a C-bill boost with..

That said, I will be using the Catapult as my primary mech at launch, and probably for a while until a more attractive Mech comes along.

The Catapult in MWO is just....too awesome.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I've been out of the loop on this game for months. What't the time frame for release looking like? From what I can tell a few people have played a closed beta but it's still set for a summer 2012 release?

BigTnaples

I've been out of the loop on this game for months. What't the time frame for release looking like? From what I can tell a few people have played a closed beta but it's still set for a summer 2012 release?

All the info we have.

Be patient, the site is getting hammered with founders pack buyer among some other things they are launching today...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Really wanting the legendary tier - but my computer meets minimum spec, and it might not be wise of me. Bleurrrghhhh. Hopefully media beta keys open up soon so I can give it a go and see how it performs. If it's good enough on my computer, I'm all up in that legendary ass. Balls deep.

dLMN8R

Super-interested in joining the founders club. I still have ~1200 gold left in Tribes after spending $30 on it during the beta, but I want to hear more about if MW is actually turning out great. With Tribes, I could play it at PAX for a couple hours first. PAX isn't until after the MW beta launches.

Anyone want to PM me NDA's impressions? :p

Have they shown off any urban combat and destruction? One of the few things I liked about the Mech Assault games was the urban settings and the destruction you could do to the buildings.

Orayn

Have they shown off any urban combat and destruction? One of the few things I liked about the Mech Assault games was the urban settings and the destruction you could do to the buildings.

There will definitely be urban maps since they're trying to make cover and line of sight more important than in previous installments, but we haven't heard much about destruction or lack thereof. If they do it, I'd like them to take their time and have it be detailed like Bad Company 2 instead of buildings just suddenly pancaking out of existence like other MechWarrior games.

BigTnaples

No building/structure destruction in yet, but they're working on it.

Environmental destruction such as trees etc is in though.

Hmm seems like I somehow got a free upgrade to the legendary package. Only payed for the elite package, but received two receipts and now it says I'm a legendary founder on my profile page.

Woorloog

Banned
There will definitely be urban maps since they're trying to make cover and line of sight more important than in previous installments, but we haven't heard much about destruction or lack thereof. If they do it, I'd like them to take their time and have it be detailed like Bad Company 2 instead of buildings just suddenly pancaking out of existence like other MechWarrior games.

I understood that there will be cosmetic destruction at least.
IIRC, they talked about it a bit in an IGN video.

Woorloog

Banned
*Sigh* I have no idea when i can get a new computer... but that doesn't stop me from wanting to buy one of the Founders packages. I probably shouldn't, however, as i'd very, very likely miss out the premium status.
Must resist...

I finally got around to signing up for the beta, I thought I had already.

Hopefully I'll get to play the game when it's in beta. :)

Top Bottom