• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Orayn
(04-07-2012, 08:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Death Dealer

The frame rate should be one guaranteed fix, if through brute force alone.

Yeah, I think modern PC parts should overcome From's lack of optimization for anything but the worst possible port.

Originally Posted by Cloudius12

Haven't played Ninja Blade on Steam, anyone know how optimized it is?

Evidently the port wasn't even handled by From Software, so it's probably not a good indication of what to expect from this.
Last edited by Orayn; 04-07-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(04-07-2012, 08:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Canova

some of the hardcore Souls fans have a few copies of the game

I have 5 Demon's Souls copies (a couple still in plastic-wrapped EU version ) and 4 Dark Souls copies (JPN and NA)

Why so many?
Dog Problems
(04-07-2012, 08:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Orayn

Yeah, I think modern PC parts should overcome From's lack of optimization for anything but the worst possible port.

And even if it is a terrible port there will be fixes made by fans pretty quickly.
Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(04-07-2012, 08:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Stallion Free

Why so many?

Cos you're not "hardcore" if you only own one copy of a game. Duh.
vikingvessel
(04-07-2012, 08:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Cyrano

A fifth time? o_O

U.S. PS3/XBOX. UK PS3/XBOX with the extra physical goodies.
The UK compatible XBOX to play it on is a work in progress, though until FROM provides a bank routing number, it is the best that I can do to show how much we care.

[Plus two copies for each system was a given, so my Wife and I can play at the same time]

The amount of variations we have amassed for Demon's Souls would most likely lead to heckling. Hope to do the same for Dark.
Not really into collecting video games for the sake of it, though there is plenty from FROM that simply makes us that happy.
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(04-07-2012, 08:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Foliorum Viridum

Cos you're not "hardcore" if you only own one copy of a game. Duh.

I own my fair share of double dips (Steam copies, late PC releases), but I usually hide the extras in shame lol.
Canova
Banned
(04-07-2012, 08:14 PM)

Why so many?

different versions/regions
Stitch
(04-07-2012, 08:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Cloudius12

Haven't played Ninja Blade on Steam, anyone know how optimized it is?

runs fine (60 fps) but you have to disable HID devices or else it has a weird micro stuttering. kane & lynch and a few other games have the same problem.
Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(04-07-2012, 08:15 PM)

I own my fair share of double dips (Steam copies, late PC releases), but I usually hide the extras in shame lol.

Screenshot it and wear them proud, man.

Double dipping for PC is the only time I ever have two copies of a game. Buying the same version more than once is madness. I don't understand it. I hate that some people wear it like a badge of honour like he does. "I HAVE EVERYTHING X10" ... okay?
Durante
A Deadly Premonition hit his Dark Soul like a bolt of Lightning: "I can make their games better."
(04-07-2012, 08:15 PM)
I really don't see why this shouldn't be full price ($50 that is) on PC. I'm sure there are plenty of gamers who want to buy it for the first time and are willing to pay that price (e.g. me), and for everyone interested in double dipping there's always the Steam sale.
NIGHT-
(04-07-2012, 08:16 PM)
Will buy when it hits $10 or less. Spoiled by amazon/steam/origin sales =]
Tomat
(04-07-2012, 08:17 PM)
Gotta hand it to console players for yet again beta testing a sweet game for us. Can't wait to get the superior product at a cheaper price.
Cyrano
(04-07-2012, 08:19 PM)

Originally Posted by vikingvessel

U.S. PS3/XBOX. UK PS3/XBOX with the extra physical goodies.
The UK compatible XBOX to play it on is a work in progress, though until FROM provides a bank routing number, it is the best that I can do to show how much we care.

[Plus two copies for each system was a given, so my Wife and I can play at the same time]

The amount of variations we have amassed for Demon's Souls would most likely lead to heckling. Hope to do the same for Dark.
Not really into collecting video games for the sake of it, though there is plenty from FROM that simply makes us that happy.

Glad to hear it. :) I'll definitely be double-dipping for this. Haven't really done this on a major release... ever, I think. I guess maybe that Chrono Trigger re-release for the DS counts? Sorta? I'm poor.

I did recently buy a copy of the Design Works though! I love art books! So great.
tokkun
(04-07-2012, 08:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Canova

different versions/regions

I don't think that really answers the question.

Originally Posted by Tomat

Gotta hand it to console players for yet again beta testing a sweet game for us. Can't wait to get the superior product at a cheaper price.

Let's wait to see the quality of the port before proclaiming such things.
LabouredSubterfuge
(04-07-2012, 08:20 PM)

Originally Posted by tokkun

boiled goose
good with gravy
(04-07-2012, 08:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Nelo Ice

Zeliard
(04-07-2012, 08:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Durante

I really don't see why this shouldn't be full price ($50 that is) on PC. I'm sure there are plenty of gamers who want to buy it for the first time and are willing to pay that price (e.g. me), and for everyone interested in double dipping there's always the Steam sale.

Given the extra content I don't know if there will be a discount, especially since those pieces of DLC are likely to be sold to console gamers rather than given for free (is it even possible to release substantial free DLC on 360?)

Alan Wake on PC does come with the DLC chapters included and was released at a lower price. I guess it's possible with Dark Souls, though it remains to be seen. Difference with Alan Wake is it isn't new DLC in that case. And it isn't Namco. :P
sh4mike
(04-07-2012, 08:22 PM)
Hate to admit it, but if there are any cheats or mods for offline God Mode then I will rebuy.
Gav47
(04-07-2012, 08:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Foliorum Viridum

Screenshot it and wear them proud, man.

Double dipping for PC is the only time I ever have two copies of a game. Buying the same version more than once is madness. I don't understand it. I hate that some people wear it like a badge of honour like he does. "I HAVE EVERYTHING X10" ... okay?

I think its more like "I enjoyed this game so much I'm willing to buying it again". Also 1080p + 60fps + Better IQ, its kinda like buying your favourite moves again on Bluray.
Max
I am not Max

He likes how some of the spells are named differently
Seraphinianus
Banned
i can read this thread title a million times and it still gets better.
Durante
A Deadly Premonition hit his Dark Soul like a bolt of Lightning: "I can make their games better."

It's really really really hard to make a port from PS360 to PC that isn't superior on a modern system. Has this ever been achieved? I think even SR2 is better now.
vikingvessel

We'll keep testing Demon's Souls for you in the meantime. How is the progress on the facebook drive going?
Tomat

Pretty sure it's a safe bet.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
Honestly I think it should be 39.99. Still a decent price, and you'll get a ton of purchases either way.
Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(04-07-2012, 08:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Gav47

I think its more like "I enjoyed this game so much I'm willing to buying it again". Also 1080p + 60fps + Better IQ, its kinda like buying your favourite moves again on Bluray.

Um, I'm buying it again on PC. Like I said, buying PC ports is the one time I will buy duplicates.

That guy has 5 boxed copies of the EXACT same game. That's what I was talking about.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(04-07-2012, 08:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Zeliard

Given the extra content I don't know if there will be a discount, especially since those pieces of DLC are likely to be sold to console gamers rather than given for free (is it even possible to release substantial free DLC on 360?)

Alan Wake on PC does come with the DLC chapters included and was released at a lower price. I guess it's possible with Dark Souls, though it remains to be seen.

Alan Wake shouldn't be used for comparison in this case because the game was almost two years late to the PC, whereas Dark Souls won't even be a year old when it releases on said platform in August. Also, Scamco being Scamco, I suspect it'll be full price regardless of the RRP attached to the console versions.
Aselith

Evidently the port wasn't even handled by From Software, so it's probably not a good indication of what to expect from this.

Yeah, it was done by a Russian company per IGN: http://wrapper.ign.com/s?from=http%3...odoo%20Extreme
alr1ght
bish gets all the credit :)

they have separate trophy lists and player pool regions.
Seraphinianus
Banned
(04-07-2012, 08:26 PM)

Pretty sure it's a safe bet.

if it isn't, fans will fix it.

if they don't, i will learn how to fix it and fix it
MMaRsu
I need some paprika. Official moneylender of the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
(04-07-2012, 08:26 PM)

Lol posts like these make me want to ask for a subpar port with screentearing and fixed 30fps with no ability to mod. ;)

On a real note, console players have been enjoying the gotg for almost a year when the pc plebs get a chance to play this :P.
jaundicejuice
(04-07-2012, 08:27 PM)
I'll double dip. I didn't get far into Dark Souls because of work, I want the improvements that come with being on PC and I want to support more Japanese games on PC as well.
Dog Problems
(04-07-2012, 08:28 PM)
I got as far as Blighttown and the framerate just killed it for me. I've tried to press on but damn lol
tokkun
(04-07-2012, 08:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Durante

It's really really really hard to make a port from PS360 to PC that isn't superior on a modern system. Has this ever been achieved? I think even SR2 is better now.

I don't know about that. I was going to buy Darksiders from the Amazon sale, but then I noticed that the reviews said it was a bad port and inferior to the console versions.

Then I was thinking about double-dipping on LA Noire since it was only $5, but the reviews also said that was a bad port.
MMaRsu
I need some paprika. Official moneylender of the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
I really didnt have much problems with the fps in blighttown... honestly it didnt dip to 10 or below on mine.
Alastor

Originally Posted by sh4mike

Hate to admit it, but if there are any cheats or mods for offline God Mode then I will rebuy.

You're shaming King Arthur.
Snuggles
erotic butter maelstrom
(04-07-2012, 08:30 PM)

Originally Posted by MMaRsu

On a real note, console players have been enjoying the gotg for almost a year when the pc plebs get a chance to play this :P.

Multiplatform bros get to enjoy the best of both worlds. I'll probably keep my PS3 copy just to have a box to look at or whatever.
genjiZERO
(04-07-2012, 08:32 PM)
I've got a off-topic question: I beat DS playing almost entirely off-line. I was thinking of going though NG+ doing all the covenant stuff. I'm about soul level.... 130..... Would it be more fun just to start a new man to do the online stuff or play against higher level players with the man I already have?
NIGHT-

Man the beta test for RDR is pretty damn long :P
Felix Lighter
I know it's not something that would ever happen but it would be awesome if they created a dedicated server component. Gaf could set up its own Dark Souls server. Worries about griefers exploiting new players would go away, people with hacked characters could be banned. Jolly Gaf Cooperation.
Kyoufu

I'm fine with beta testing Dragon's Dogma while you play a game I played last year.
Durante
(04-07-2012, 08:33 PM)

I don't know about that. I was going to buy Darksiders from the Amazon sale, but then I noticed that the reviews said it was a bad port and inferior to the console versions.

When people call something a bad port they usually mean it's not sufficiently superior. Not that it's inferior. For example, Darksiders doesn't have in-game graphics options, so you need to use driver settings to force AA. I'd still say it's far superior.
AgentChris
New bosses... better release that for PS3 soon. I need to play more Dark Souls.
Cloudius12

Steam page and Wikipedia says developers are From Software if that anything to go by.
DemonNite
Zeliard

Then I was thinking about double-dipping on LA Noire since it was only $5, but the reviews also said that was a bad port.

Darksiders is a solid port. Runs well, has gamepad support, and can be made to look even better by forcing forms of super sampling AA.
Nibel
(04-07-2012, 08:34 PM)

Originally Posted by DemonNite

Okay I lost it :lol
Kalnos
(04-07-2012, 08:35 PM)
Double dipping wooooo
sh4mike
(04-07-2012, 08:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Alastor

You're shaming King Arthur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W_u4UTvk9w
Tomat
(04-07-2012, 08:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

I'm fine with beta testing Dragon's Dogma while you play a game I played last year.

That's okay with me, gotta wait for Capcom to finish the game first you know? PC players usually get the full product instead of a beta + expansions.