• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

For people having issue with the Phoenix and landings, you're landing back tire first, right? Even if only slightly first, I don't think theres really a time you ever want to land both tires simultaneously (which would cause a bounce). Even on flat ground.

sneaky77

Surprised how much frustration there is over the Phoenix. It's basically required for Hard and Extreme and I feel the Scorpion is just boring in comparison on most tracks that can use both. The Phoenix is what really hones your skills in Trials. But then, I've always enjoyed the slow, technical tracks more than the swoopy smooth tracks. Getting over an awkward pile of boxes smoothly is much satisfying than smoothly rolling over a bunch of hills.

yeah I been using it cause I recognize that I can get around some stuff better with it but sometimes the landings just frustrate me or how easy is to flip backwards hitting the gas a little, just need to get better at the game

Remember a LOT of times you don't want to HIT the gas, you want to ease into the gas. Also leaning forward at the moment of hitting the gas hard helps in many situations.

On a separate note, RedLynx Moto Jam was probably not a good first track for the weekly contest considering most people probably can't even zero fault it yet.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Read it and weep Najaf. #1 on Roller Coaster.

OGkKT.jpg

oh shit that's you? I'm like 50-something on that track and I was using your ghost today.

Daigoro

got Flawless Victory (Marathon II) today. even though it took several hour spaced out over a few days it was at least 50x easier than Marathon.

only the track editor and squirrels left to get for 400/400. pretty easy if you've played a lot of trials before.

but seriously, those squirrels. i wouldnt reccomend anyone bother going for them without a guide. i dont even see how some of them were ever found honestly... i didnt pour over the guide yet, just glanced at it, but just the squirrel on
Lab Rat
alone seems- it doesnt even make sense. no idea how someone figured that out. i just dont get it.

oh! also beat the extreme tournament today. got caught up on the same old stumbling blocks and made lots of errors on easy shit. wound up at like 500 faults or something. haha. that fucking barrel on the Wreck kills me. must have taken me at least 50 tries grrrrr. ive only completed every extreme track one time so far, so not bad without much practice. at least i beat it! Silver i think...

the thing that really sucked was on several of the hardest obstacles, i almost got over them on the first try and then slipped off (like the score board on Dark City! i was on then slipped and it took me another 3-5 tries lol).

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
got Flawless Victory (Marathon II) today. even though it took several hour spaced out over a few days it was at least 50x easier than Marathon.

only the track editor and squirrels left to get for 400/400. pretty easy if you've played a lot of trials before.

but seriously, those squirrels. i wouldnt reccomend anyone bother going for them without a guide. i dont even see how some of them were ever found honestly... i didnt pour over the guide yet, just glanced at it, but just the squirrel on
Lab Rat
alone seems- it doesnt even make sense. no idea how someone figured that out. i just dont get it.

There is a tone with button presses. That must have been the first clue, on some fluke or something.

Daigoro

huh. i havent noticed that at all. still fuck that achievement without a guide. i still think no one will do it without one.

Rawker

If someone were to video tape me playing extreme tracks i would look like a 5 year old who has held his piss for too long playing super mario twitching on the couch, loving it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Haha yeah...

Basically its what I call the Super Meat Boy effect...
I honestly don't know which game is more frustrating.

And I'm not willin to go back to SMB to affirm that it is indeed worse. Something about Trials is a different beast.

saunderez

And I'm not willin to go back to SMB to affirm that it is indeed worse. Something about Trials is a different beast.

Trials is definitely more frustrating than SMB at the harder levels. I don't know how I'm ever gonna be able to finish some of the Extreme tracks.

Najaf

Trials is definitely more frustrating than SMB at the harder levels. I don't know how I'm ever gonna be able to finish some of the Extreme tracks.

I 500 faulted Inferno II on Trials HD twice before I beat it. A year and some change later I got the platinum medal on it. Trials is just one of those things that you get better at over time, and once impossible obstacles are second nature. Keep at it!

saunderez

I 500 faulted Inferno II on Trials HD twice before I beat it. A year and some change later I got the platinum medal on it. Trials is just one of those things that you get better at over time, and once impossible obstacles are second nature. Keep at it!

Thanks for the encouragement! I have to admit I never feel like the tracks in Trials Evo are impossible, just hard.

Ah Sin City track. I finally got over the 2 boards at about 20 faults and proceeded to mess up that next vertical jump about 100 times, even though the prior run I nailed it the first time and took the 100+ faults on the boards. I cut my time in half but faults were near the same. It drives me crazy that I kept messing it up after getting through the boards fairly quickly.

I just can't take it. I literally gasped in terror as I pressed the back button on Giga Track by accident after about 30 minutes and 30+ faults. This close I was in tears over a video game for the first time. This close....

This fucking game though. All I can think of is what kind of asshole/genius (mostly genius) of a designer decided to add this one boulder to make the hill steeper, or adding a pole in between jumps resulting in crashing into it if not handled properly (I hope you know what I'm referring to)

I was constantly floored at how long the track was. It was too jarring for my patience. "Give up" quitting is so much of a worse than rage quitting. My controller's days are numbered if I crack one day by this abusive game.

So yeah it's pretty good.

Daigoro

I just can't take it. I literally gasped in terror as I pressed the back button on Giga Track by accident after about 30 minutes and 30+ faults. This close I was in tears over a video game for the first time. This close....

This fucking game though. All I can think of is what kind of asshole/genius (mostly genius) of a designer decided to add this one boulder to make the hill steeper, or adding a pole in between jumps resulting in crashing into it if not handled properly (I hope you know what I'm referring to)

I was constantly floored at how long the track was. It was too jarring for my patience. "Give up" quitting is so much of a worse than rage quitting. My controller's days are numbered if I crack one day by this abusive game.

So yeah it's pretty good.

you are using the Scorpion 450cc right?

best thing to do is just go play another track if one is getting to you and then come back to Giga later.

sucks about hitting the back button though. ive been there.

F#A#Oo

Banned

I'd say SMB is harder. It takes muscle memory plus concentration...

Trials has less of the former but it has a great feeling of accomplishment when things are going smooth and you're in that groove. On certain tracks you can almost feel those bumps and obstacles and its just a case of feeling your way through and it feels great.

Trials HD is harder imo...than Evolution but Evolution is more balanced and refined.

Fjordson

Lmfao. Love it. That was my experience right off the bat with the Phoenix bike.

Fuck that bike. I'm sure the fault is mine for not being able to control it properly, but I couldn't do shit with it. Going back to the one before it (the Scorpion bike I believe) has netted me far better results. Have gold on every single medium track, though I'm about to tackle Gigatrack so my streak may be coming to an end.

Still so much fun. And I haven't even touched the multiplayer or any of the side events.

big_z

Somehow the very first track is really hard for me to get platinum on. I just can´t get the end of the track fast enough.

platinum isnt that hard but placing high on the overall ranking is as people are gaming the physics over the last jump some how. watch the top ranking replay for the track the front flips he does will cut some time off your run. those alone got me the platinum.

For those getting frustrated by Extreme work on those Easy, Beginner & Medium track scores. You'd be surprised that you can beat some of the better players scores.

Zeppelin

I almost lost my mind doing the black and white city Expert track. Everything about that track was a piece of cake except the part where you to jump to two nearly vertical walls with a gap in between them and traverse some kind of billboard. I easily wasted 200 attempts or so there.

Also, I added some of you guys from the spreadsheet!

see5harp

Beat my first two extreme tracks (ever) last night. Felt really good to sorta understand how to bunny hop and get over obstacles that I never conquered in Trials HD.

Tracks seem a bit easier than HD but some of the user created tracks are pure hell. Is it me or is it easier to fault in this one?

The bike is more durable but the rider much less so.

In HD, you could bang your body and still ride it out but often the bike would collapse from rough landings.

In Evo, the rider is very fragile but the bike can handle a lot more abuse. That's been my observation.

sneaky77

To the guys thinking this is easier... it's probably because most of the learning curve I am going through as a first timer, you already went thru on the first game.

To the guys thinking this is easier... it's probably because most of the learning curve I am going through as a first timer, you already went thru on the first game.

The DLC distorts it somewhat. The Trials HD DLC is definitely harder than Evolution, and that's what people are remembering. The base game is probably pretty similar.

MMaRsu

Banned
Gonna keep working on my new custom track tonight, I really hope to have it done this weekend! If not that at least testing it. I've added a ton of stuff but there are still problems with the beginning of the course.

I have a very steep hill descent, and I have a ramp at the end to launch you into the air as you then land on a rope bridge, but fml the descent is too fucking fast or slanted because when I built a ramp my rider almost always falls. I've spent fucking three four hours on that goddamn part alone :((((

THESE PLANKS IN INFERNO 3. GAH. THAT'S NOT EVEN A WORD. GAH.

Ah, fuck those planks. Not worth it. I'll go back some other day. I messed up like 5 times on the final plank jump.

Driving me crazy! Planks planks planks planks planks planks.

I did finally beat The Wreck earlier after beating Sin City track last night. Inferno 3 is the last of expert and those planks are the only thing holding me back.

MMaRsu

Banned
Oh man, oh man, ohhhhh man

Track is evolving into something amazing right now, I just built a whole village and a goddamn temple. And then you ride up into the frigging temple :D.

Dont steal my ideas yo

Finished all the extreme tracks yesterday. Can definitely improve my score on some of them too, most of the faults were stupid mistakes.

Just need to do that tournament without faulting to get 400/400. Even though I've done all the levels in it without faulting individually I can't get a run in the tournament without a fault.

Inferno III didn't seem as bad as The Wreck to me either.

whitehawk

Banned
You are a crazy person. Length alone makes 3 easier.
The planks, and the barrels before the planks, make it harder for me.

If I played Inferno 2 right now I would probably beat it in less than 10 faults. I can't say that about Inferno 3. Maybe it will just take more time to get used to the track, but at the moment I think it's harder.

Railer

Finally finished Dark City Run (Extreme) for my first time. 59 faults and 5.43.255.
Felt so good to finish it.

Edit: And now i finished Out of the Pit (Extreme) also for my first time. 73 faults and 5.03.023.

This session is going great, haven't touched the game in 2 days cause i failed so much last time.

Edit2: And that's it.. Finished all extreme tracks, got bronze on everyone except fishy business where i got silver. Never managed to finish all extreme tracks in Trials HD , so I'm really happy at the moment.

Top Bottom