• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

kamspy
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:03 PM)
kamspy's Avatar
Dug the first two. I'm in pending some kind of PC port disaster. ( I was fine with C2 on PC at launch, ran like a champ on everyone's system and looked great).
Dabanton
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:04 PM)
Dabanton's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neuromancer

Except we were the invaders... The aliens were here first. DUN DUN DUN

Anyway I liked the story in the second game I have to say. Not sure why it gets so much shit when so much worse stuff (Gears series for example) get a free pass.

Where does Gears get a free pass? it's always getting mocked despite actually being a solid storytelling experience with a real 80's movie mood to it all.
UnluckyKate
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:05 PM)
UnluckyKate's Avatar

Originally Posted by derFeef

Ok, EA, you can officially announce the game now :)

They still need to let that exclusive mag go live
Metal-Geo
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:06 PM)
Metal-Geo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neuromancer

Except we were the invaders... The aliens were here first. DUN DUN DUN

Anyway I liked the story in the second game I have to say. Not sure why it gets so much shit when so much worse stuff (Gears series for example) get a free pass.

Don't worry. I quite enjoyed (the idea of) the story of Crysis 2 as well.
The story telling was incredibly crap though. Awfully confusing. And it also feels as if you're playing in an entirely different universe. Horrible connections to the first Crysis.

But I liked how they implanted the Nanosuit into the story. Rather than keeping it as just a tool.

Looking forward to Crysis 3.
Angry Fork
Spelling is Hard
(04-11-2012, 05:14 PM)
Angry Fork's Avatar
Didn't part 2 just come out? I'm surprised they're talking about part 3 already but maybe it won't be out until next fall.
ThoseDeafMutes
Very good! Keep thrusting!
(04-11-2012, 05:15 PM)
ThoseDeafMutes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Angry Fork

Didn't part 2 just come out? I'm surprised they're talking about part 3 already but maybe it won't be out until next fall.

Crysis 2 was a march 2011 game. This will probably come out in march 2013, although less than a 2 year cycle is possible as well.
-SD-
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:17 PM)
-SD-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by ThoseDeafMutes

Crysis 2 was a march 2011 game. This will probably come out in march 2013, although less than a 2 year cycle is possible as well.

There wouldn't be any mention now on Origin if Crysis 3 would be a 2013 game.
Oldschoolgamer
The physical form of blasphemy
(04-11-2012, 05:18 PM)
Oldschoolgamer's Avatar
Whatever they do, can I please get a female voice back for the suit?
george_us
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:19 PM)
george_us's Avatar
I'll take two.

Crysis 2 was fucking awesome.
MuseManMike
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:19 PM)
MuseManMike's Avatar
A city setting again? Will wait for bomba price if at all. I hated every moment of Crysis 2, mainly because of Morgan's story hype; I was naively hopeful.
Dave1988
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:28 PM)
Dave1988's Avatar
Found on 4chan:

Crysis 3 details.




- Will be situated in a destroyed New York, which has become almost a jungle.

- Promise the best sandbox fps on the market.

- There will be a limited and Hunter edition of Crysis 3.

- PC, Xbox 360, PS3.

- Out in the spring of 2013.

- April 15 announcement.

therealminime
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:29 PM)
therealminime's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dave1988

Found on 4chan:

Crysis 3 details.

If true, I am totally down for this.
DarkChild
Banned
(04-11-2012, 05:30 PM)
DarkChild's Avatar
Maybe we'll see Australian wilderness? Hell that would be awesome.

EDIT

Ok...Maybe not. Not to excited for NY again, but if its jungle than it would be cool. Probably...
Corky
Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
(04-11-2012, 05:31 PM)
Corky's Avatar
You had me at jungle.
i-Lo
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:31 PM)
i-Lo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dave1988

Found on 4chan:

Crysis 3 details.

This would mean another version will shortly released in 6 months for PS4 and XB3
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(04-11-2012, 05:32 PM)
thetrin's Avatar
So they're trying to mix the settings of 1 and 2? Genius. I'm in.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(04-11-2012, 05:33 PM)
RoboPlato's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dave1988

Found on 4chan:

Crysis 3 details.


This sounds awesome. Crysis 1 and 2 are both great for different reasons so I'm hoping 3 combines them both well. A bit more open than 2 with improved AI and the suit versatility of 2 would be incredible. I actually thought about an overgrown city for 3 as a perfect way to have it flow and be as atmospheric as 2 while being able to be more open since the city is destroyed and maintaining the visual styling of 1.

I just hope the PS3 version will be a bit sharper/perform better than 1 and 2.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(04-11-2012, 05:33 PM)
JaseC's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkChild

Maybe we'll see Australian wilderness? Hell that would be awesome.

Terrain blanketed by spider webs, koala bear assassins, and psychotic boxing kangaroos.
subversus
I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
(04-11-2012, 05:35 PM)
subversus's Avatar
it's time to reuse these assets.
DarkChild
Banned
(04-11-2012, 05:36 PM)
DarkChild's Avatar
There is hunter edition and they seem to be focused on bow...Hmm...Could be very stealthy and tactical. I'm in. It would be perfect something like Tokyo jungle, not NY again, but we'll see what they've done with it.
darkpaladinmfc
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:39 PM)
darkpaladinmfc's Avatar
Crysis 1: Jungle
Crysis 2: 'Urban Jungle'
Crysis 3: Urban Even-More-Jungle?
ctrayne
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:39 PM)

Originally Posted by DarkChild

There is hunter edition and they seem to be focused on bow...Hmm...Could be very stealthy and tactical. I'm in. It would be perfect something like Tokyo jungle, not NY again, but we'll see what they've done with it.

Yeah, to me, bow = stealth. In turn that means me = happy.
Also, the techno-death-bow looks awesome.
BattleMonkey
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:40 PM)
BattleMonkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by subversus

it's time to reuse these assets.

Under 2 year turn around
AllIsOneIsNone
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:40 PM)
AllIsOneIsNone's Avatar
I hope they expand on the passive progression aspects of the nano-suit in the campaign. I also hope they change up the active nano-suit abilities a bit and bring back super speed from the original.
DarkChild
Banned
(04-11-2012, 05:41 PM)
DarkChild's Avatar
Its 3 year cycle. They already have engine in place and more experience with consoles. On top of that, CE3 is real time editor on all 3 platforms at once. No porting.
B_Rik_Schitthaus
Banned
(04-11-2012, 05:41 PM)
B_Rik_Schitthaus's Avatar

Originally Posted by subversus

it's time to reuse these assets.

Good asset management is something more companies need to think of, nothing wrong with it.
Pachterballs
Banned
(04-11-2012, 05:42 PM)
Pachterballs's Avatar
can't believe that poster has generated 300+ posts. its so generic that it could be crysis 1 or 2.
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(04-11-2012, 05:42 PM)
thetrin's Avatar

Originally Posted by RoboPlato

This sounds awesome. Crysis 1 and 2 are both great for different reasons so I'm hoping 3 combines them both well. A bit more open than 2 with improved AI and the suit versatility of 2 would be incredible. I actually thought about an overgrown city for 3 as a perfect way to have it flow and be as atmospheric as 2 while being able to be more open since the city is destroyed and maintaining the visual styling of 1.

I just hope the PS3 version will be a bit sharper/perform better than 1 and 2.

That would be perfect. I loved Crysis 2 more for the power system, but Crysis 1 had an AMAZING setting. I'm hoping Crysis 3 is the product of learning from both 1 and 2 and taking the best of both.

Originally Posted by Pachterballs

can't believe that poster has generated 300+ posts. its so generic that it could be crysis 1 or 2.

Probably because no one is talking about the poster itself.
Hoo-doo
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:43 PM)
Hoo-doo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dave1988

Found on 4chan:

Crysis 3 details.


That's a cool image. On the right you can see a traffic light, right in the center of that massive jungle. Sounds like they aren't kidding with the overgrown-ness of the city.

Ok, now i'm interested.
Dysun
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:45 PM)
Dysun's Avatar
Previews are going to have to blow me away after I had to slog my way through Crysis 2, I swear I can only remember two scenes from the whole game. The submarine in the beginning/switcharoo and the heli crashing through the building. And I played it this year
Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(04-11-2012, 05:45 PM)
Foliorum Viridum's Avatar
"Will be situated in a destroyed New York, which has become almost a jungle."

The problem with it being more of a jungle is it will be impossible not to compare it even more to the original than you did 2. With 2 at least you had a different setting so there were reasons (read: bad design choices) for a lot of the gameplay changes.

If they go back to a more jungle-y design it will have to be just as good, if not better, than the first to work. I don't believe Crytek can do that.

They would have been better off staying away from the jungle setting. I suppose it might be different enough with a destroyed city being scattered around it, but eh...
sn00zer
Banned
(04-11-2012, 05:45 PM)
sn00zer's Avatar
Playing through Crysis 2 and not enjoying t nearly as much as the first, mostly due to the very busy visuals making it hard to see anything that isnt already shooting you...but more open environments, jungly setting, and Crysis 2 tech? Im in

Also yeah I could not believe I am playing Crysis 2 on my 8800 on all high setting at 720p and am getting 40+ fps....fn in credible
AllIsOneIsNone
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:47 PM)
AllIsOneIsNone's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hoo-doo

That's a cool image. On the right you can see a traffic light, right in the center of that massive jungle. Sounds like they aren't kidding with the overgrown-ness of the city.

Ok, now i'm interested.

Me too; now we get lush jungle and the awesome verticality/traversing of urban environments.
Dabanton
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:49 PM)
Dabanton's Avatar

Originally Posted by AllIsOneIsNone

Me too; now we get lush jungle and the awesome verticality/traversing of urban environments.

Excellent. The best of both worlds.
B_Rik_Schitthaus
Banned
(04-11-2012, 05:50 PM)
B_Rik_Schitthaus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dysun

Previews are going to have to blow me away after I had to slog my way through Crysis 2, I swear I can only remember two scenes from the whole game. The submarine in the beginning/switcharoo and the heli crashing through the building. And I played it this year

...Can't remember any of that... my god Crysis 2 is a fucking black hole.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(04-11-2012, 05:50 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar
I hope they open the levels up just a bit. Also let us skip cutscenes.


Originally Posted by B_Rik_Schitthaus

...Can't remember any of that... my god Crysis 2 is a fucking black hole.

I played through it like 4 times... I remember everything

EVERYTHING
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(04-11-2012, 05:50 PM)
thetrin's Avatar
So...wait. How many years in the future does this take place? Jungles don't just spring up over night.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(04-11-2012, 05:51 PM)
RoboPlato's Avatar

Originally Posted by thetrin

So...wait. How many years in the future does this take place? Jungles don't just spring up over night.

It has to be a good while later, especially since you vaporized all the Ceph in NYC in 2.
i-Lo
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:52 PM)
i-Lo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hoo-doo

That's a cool image. On the right you can see a traffic light, right in the center of that massive jungle. Sounds like they aren't kidding with the overgrown-ness of the city.

Ok, now i'm interested.

f*ck, how did I miss that!? Now I'm even more interested. Crysis in the world of Enslaved or LoU XD

Originally Posted by sn00zer

Playing through Crysis 2 and not enjoying t nearly as much as the first, mostly due to the very busy visuals making it hard to see anything that isnt already shooting you...but more open environments, jungly setting, and Crysis 2 tech? Im in

Also yeah I could not believe I am playing Crysis 2 on my 8800 on all high setting at 720p and am getting 40+ fps....fn in credible

Crysis 2 is better optimized that the first one. Numerous graphics card tests have consistently proven to be so. It could be also because the levels are somewhat more constrained than the first one.
B_Rik_Schitthaus
Banned
(04-11-2012, 05:52 PM)
B_Rik_Schitthaus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neuromancer


I played through it like 4 times... I remember everything

EVERYTHING

What was the name of the guy with white hair.
The one who... has a nano chair in his house (I think).
Eppy Thatcher
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:53 PM)
Eppy Thatcher's Avatar
Crysis: First Blood - Part Duex - BACKAAAWWWW!

Someone please sheen the holy hell out of that image... chicken head and all.
therealminime
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:54 PM)
therealminime's Avatar

Originally Posted by B_Rik_Schitthaus

What was the name of the guy with white hair.
The one who... has a nano chair in his house (I think).

Nathan Gould.
v1oz
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:57 PM)
v1oz's Avatar
Crysis 2 had under rated multi player. It's a shame you could hardly find anyone to play with.

...
Sleeplessnights
Banned
(04-11-2012, 05:59 PM)
Sleeplessnights's Avatar

Originally Posted by i-Lo

This would mean another version will shortly released in 6 months for PS4 and XB3

Why would they release a game for a console that is yet to launch?

See what I did there? 2014 "P4 and XB3"
tci
Member
(04-11-2012, 05:59 PM)
tci's Avatar
Ok, a bit more excited at more jungle.
AllIsOneIsNone
Member
(04-11-2012, 06:00 PM)
AllIsOneIsNone's Avatar

Originally Posted by v1oz

Crysis 2 had under rated multi player. It's a shame you could hardly find anyone to play with.

...

Agreed; the gameplay is absolutely amazing. And the perks/killstreaks were much better than call of duty's. It was quite a rip off though, and they needed more weapon variety. The matchmaking was fucking horrid, and was never fixed. sigh...
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(04-11-2012, 06:01 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar

Originally Posted by B_Rik_Schitthaus

What was the name of the guy with white hair.
The one who... has a nano chair in his house (I think).

Let me drop some knowledge bombs

Alcatraz- main character
Prophet- dude from first game, gives Alcatraz the suit
Tara Strickland- daughter from another dude in first game
Gould- dude with white hair and nano chair in his house
Hargreave- ancient dude in stasis tank, wants to get his suit back from you

Only guy who's name I'm blanking on is the bad guy who's in charge of CryNet's security.

Booyahkasha!

Bonus: the guy who talks to you at the very end of the game is Rasch of Hargreave-Rasch, the other guy who founded CryNet
Alxjn
Junior Member
(04-11-2012, 06:02 PM)
Lockhart yo.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(04-11-2012, 06:04 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alxjn

Lockhart yo.

Yep there you go.

Like I said though it helps that I played the game a bunch.
botty
Disney Infinity is the greatest, most successful game ever made. I LOVE DISNEY INFINITY.
(04-11-2012, 06:05 PM)
botty's Avatar
Should we expect these yearly now?

Thread Tools